Mobile app development in the WF?

8 replies
Hi guys. Long time no see

I've recently opened a studio with a partner and we've started to build mobile apps for websites. They're best suited for content- or community-heavy sites, and I have to say we're making some cool stuff.

I've thought the WF would be a good place to try to find some clients, but I'm surprised there are no similar offers in the forum as far as I can tell, so now I'm guessing putting up an ad / WSO it might not be as profitable as I thought.

What do you guys think about this? Any ideas?
#app #development #mobile
  • Profile picture of the author Valdor Kiebach
    There are plenty of offers for mobile website templates, wordpress plugins for mobile redirects or mobile themes and also many offers for seattle clouds type services.

    So what do you mean by 'mobile apps for websites' ? Care to give an example to make it clearer.

    You could always try a classified add as these are cheaper than a WSO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8000377].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheMarketingGuy
      Originally Posted by Valdor Kiebach View Post

      So what do you mean by 'mobile apps for websites' ? Care to give an example to make it clearer.
      Yep, I probably didn't make myself very clear :rolleyes:

      What we build are native apps like the ones you find in the App Store or Google Play. We build both for iOS and Android. They can provide the same functionality as any other native app can (including notifications!), and you can connect your WordPress, Facebook, Twitter to them.

      These apps can also be built for communities or niches; truth to be told, you don't even need a website.

      Have thought of starting a "name your price" thread to get the ball rolling...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8003366].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ChrisAke
        Originally Posted by TheMarketingGuy View Post

        Yep, I probably didn't make myself very clear :rolleyes:

        What we build are native apps like the ones you find in the App Store or Google Play. We build both for iOS and Android. They can provide the same functionality as any other native app can (including notifications!), and you can connect your WordPress, Facebook, Twitter to them.

        These apps can also be built for communities or niches; truth to be told, you don't even need a website.

        Have thought of starting a "name your price" thread to get the ball rolling...
        That is great what you started! I also wanted to disagree here that clients "don't even need a website" because consumers still spend a rather large time on mobile websites as well. A full mobile marketing campaign should include both the following; Mobile Website & Mobile App.

        Mobile Websites are used for quick CTA's as well as Quick info for consumers.

        Native Mobile Apps are used for more engaging content that users can use to make their lives easier and more efficient. That is usually the purpose of apps, to make the users live easier & more efficient, while maybe adding some fun in here and there.

        Our latest article covers tons of numbers & reasons why mobile websites should be utilized in a mobile marketing campaign. Read More
        Signature

        "1/3 of smartphone users would give up Chocolate, High Heels & Cable TV to continue to use their smartphones" - Learn more about mobile marketing at our blog. grandapps.blogspot.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8008088].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author TheMarketingGuy
          Originally Posted by ChrisAke View Post

          That is great what you started! I also wanted to disagree here that clients "don't even need a website" because consumers still spend a rather large time on mobile websites as well. A full mobile marketing campaign should include both the following; Mobile Website & Mobile App.

          Mobile Websites are used for quick CTA's as well as Quick info for consumers.

          Native Mobile Apps are used for more engaging content that users can use to make their lives easier and more efficient. That is usually the purpose of apps, to make the users live easier & more efficient, while maybe adding some fun in here and there.

          Our latest article covers tons of numbers & reasons why mobile websites should be utilized in a mobile marketing campaign. Read More
          That's true, Chris. Having both a mobile web and a native app is great to cover every base, but there are cases, mostly mobile-only businesses, in which a mobile web is simply not needed, since all the focus is put on the native app. In those cases the website can be as simple as a mobile-friendly landing page with a big "Download" button
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8009661].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WeavingThoughts
    You can open a wso but services which cost four or five figures don't sell that much here, at least not openly. The average joe is a newbie IMer or intermediate at best and doesn't have such resources at his disposal. Try the offline market.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8003392].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheMarketingGuy
      Originally Posted by WeavingThoughts View Post

      You can open a wso but services which cost four or five figures don't sell that much here, at least not openly. The average joe is a newbie IMer or intermediate at best and doesn't have such resources at his disposal. Try the offline market.
      That makes sense. In order to "soften the blow" I've also considered offering a monthly subscription plan of some kind, for like say $35-45/month. Something like a "leased" app, if that makes any sense to you...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8003449].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thomasmps
    marketing guy sent you a PM
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8005172].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheMarketingGuy
      Originally Posted by thomasmps View Post

      marketing guy sent you a PM
      Got it, Thomas, and replied. Thanks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8007499].message }}

Trending Topics