Floyd Arthur ask warriors how to rank on search engines

by floydarthur 79 replies
Floyd Arthur here, I'd like to ask experts out there on how to rank faster on search engines.

Backlinks, guest blogging, link pyramid, link wheel, pbn, review sites, authority sites

Which works for you?

Thanks!

Floyd Arthur
#search engine optimization #floyd arthur #search engine #seo
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399410].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
    Originally Posted by floydarthur View Post

    Floyd Arthur here, I'd like to ask experts out there on how to rank faster on search engines.

    Backlinks, guest blogging, link pyramid, link wheel, pbn, review sites, authority sites

    Which works for you?
    Which works for me?
    The one that is missing in your (I care less about these items) list: CONTENT



    fastreplies
    Signature
    AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
    There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399815].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author irawr
      Banned
      Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

      Which works for me?
      The one that is missing in your (I care less about these items) list: CONTENT

      fastreplies
      You seem to be really confused on this issue. I also believe what BoredMarketer said is completely accurate. As long as the content passes a grammar check, a 2 star writer will work just as fine as a 25 year experienced magazine article editor.

      Google can not granularly evaluate the quality of text content unless it includes obvious errors such as misspelled words or grammar errors.

      I have a site right now that's losing the #1 and #2 spots on the serp to two different sites that have a handful of links from a PBN, the content on those PBN sites was written by a robot and is not human readable. Why the guy wasted such powerful links on those sites I have no idea, but I don't feel like joining the game on that keyword and if I did I certainly wouldn't do it in a way that sticks out so clearly.

      Many SEOs only want "magnetic content" on their sites because they believe that it will attract links by itself. From experience this is completely wrong, but if you understand content marketing basics, then you can get this working quite well. Content marketing requires marketing, you must be doing some type of outreach campaigning or you are doing it wrong. So instead of finding places to get dofollow links, you are communicating with people to try to get them to link to you.

      Both strategies work and obviously it works the best when you combine both strategies. If you can, it's going to be pretty hard to create "magnetic content" if your site is a business that sells products. Creating a giant list of 154 ways to spend money on your website will not do you any good, you already have that, it's your store.

      I hate to admit this but, one site that produces quite a bit of my income, was actually written by a guy in the Philippines for $2.5 an hour. All I did was spend 5 minutes editing it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10402029].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
        Originally Posted by irawr View Post

        You seem to be really confused on this issue.
        Really? And why is that?
        Maybe because I'm not getting my information from written on washrooms walls "ideas" as you do.

        Anyone who are claiming that backlinks concept Google is trying to "kill", have more
        value than Content, need have their heads checked, starting with your.

        Now I'm asking you: define Content?



        fastreplies
        Signature
        AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
        There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10402080].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author irawr
          Banned
          Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

          Really? And why is that?
          Maybe because I'm not getting my information from written on washrooms walls "ideas" as you do.

          Anyone who are claiming that backlinks concept Google is trying to "kill", have more
          value than Content, need have their heads checked, starting with your.

          Now I'm asking you: define Content?



          fastreplies
          Nope. I'm done with you. You can pull tools out and figure this out yourself. Go ahead, spend your life repeating and doing what somebody else said (who said it for their own benefit, not yours) and don't bother testing it. Meanwhile, I'll just keep taking my pile of checks I get mailed to me every week to the bank.

          I'm just on these forums trying to steer people into the right direction while I wait for my small army of people I employee to finish up their work. Are you sure I'm the one that needs my head examined?

          It's the concept in the content that matters, not the quality. Granted it must be reasonable, but it doesn't have to win awards.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10402102].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
            Originally Posted by irawr View Post

            Nope. I'm done with you. You can pull tools out and figure this out yourself. Go ahead, spend your life repeating and doing what somebody else said (who said it for their own benefit, not yours) and don't bother testing it. Meanwhile, I'll just keep taking my pile of checks I get mailed to me every week to the bank.

            I'm just on these forums trying to steer people into the right direction while I wait for my small army of people I employee to finish up their work. Are you sure I'm the one that needs my head examined?

            It's the concept in the content that matters, not the quality. Granted it must be reasonable, but it doesn't have to win awards.
            Define Content



            fastreplies
            Signature
            AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
            There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10402145].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
          Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

          Anyone who are claiming that backlinks concept Google is trying to "kill", have more
          value than Content, need have their heads checked, starting with your.
          I'm not sure if I can quite parse this, but are you claiming that Google is trying to kill backlinks? Anyone claiming something that ludicrous instantly loses credibility.

          Even great content with no backlinks has no way of ranking unless there's zero competition.

          irawr makes excellent points in this thread, and as he said Boredmarketer didn't really get anything wrong.
          Signature
          Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
          Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

          What's your excuse?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10403013].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
            Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

            I'm not sure if I can quite parse this, but are you claiming that Google is trying to kill backlinks? Anyone claiming something that ludicrous instantly loses credibility.
            You again. I though you have got it first time around.

            OK, lets try one more time.
            - Why Google come up with no-follow "rule"?
            - Why its asking people to remove backlinks?
            - Why do you have to now go to WMT to suggest new site/link?
            - Why Google have stopped updating PR?
            - Are you saying that Google is happy about "SEO Pros" are buying and selling
            backlinks and while being f@#$ed from left and right, mind without getting a penny
            on all that money transactions, laying down asking for more?

            Yes granted Google can do very little at this point but mark my word soon enough
            it will declare war on backlinks and you my little fuzzy friend would have to start
            preaching "Content" like Christians second coming of Christ.



            fastreplies
            Signature
            AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
            There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10403735].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
              Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

              You again. I though you have got it first time around.
              So you think people accept your utter nonsense as fact just because you post something on a forum? Pretty delusional if you ask me.

              I've answered your silly questions in the past. Just dig up the old thread if you want. And when I answered them, you were suddenly completely out of arguments.

              Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

              - Why do you have to now go to WMT to suggest new site/link?
              What the heck are you babbling about? You do not need to suggest a new site if you don't want to! It's very likely that Google's crawler will eventually find it. This web form has been available for so long that it's prehistoric in internet years.

              Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

              - Are you saying that Google is happy about "SEO Pros" are buying and selling
              backlinks and while being f@# from left and right, mind without getting a penny
              on all that money transactions, laying down asking for more?
              Where did I say something like this? Dude, are you high or something? It would be a bit dishonest to even play the game of straw men as some people like to do, but you posted this ludicrous string of garbage and acted as if I had something to do with your brain fart.

              I've posted my view on SEO industry several times. In my opinion the relationship is parasitic. Google tolerates the SEOs and plays nice probably because they get a huge amount of visibility from all of this SEO talk. They have no end game on the SEO side. And why should they? They're the largest internet advertising media seller, and the search engine is their main property.

              Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

              Yes granted Google can do very little at this point but mark my word soon enough
              it will declare war on backlinks and you my little fuzzy friend would have to start
              preaching "Content" like Christians second coming of Christ.
              Would not hold my breath. It's major part of the algorithm, and they've spend a huge amount of resources to keep it viable. There's no obvious mechanism that they could use instead.

              Maybe some day Google will be able to recognize a good article from a bad one, but it would still make sense to know witch sites are popular. That's the point of Pagerank.
              Signature
              Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
              Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

              What's your excuse?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10404812].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
                Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

                So you think people accept your utter nonsense as fact just because you post something on a forum? Pretty delusional if you ask me.
                People with brains do, delusional without like you, don't

                Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

                I've answered your silly questions in the past. Just dig up the old thread if you want. And when I answered them, you were suddenly completely out of arguments.
                You are useless after all.
                Does it come to your "mind" to check if I even been in forum since then?
                Have nothing better to say, throwing shit hoping some will sticks?

                Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

                What the heck are you babbling about? You do not need to suggest a new site if you don't want to! It's very likely that Google's crawler will eventually find it. This web form has been available for so long that it's prehistoric in internet years.
                You see before you have learn about Internet sometimes 2 or less years ago,
                Google had Submission Form at http www google com/addurl which anyone
                who have better ideas about WWW, which you're apparently having not, know
                about that link and Form which around 3 years ago G. re-directed to WMT.

                I know you're wearing your incompetence as badge of honor but trust me
                Google had Form and Bing stilll has it almost identical at
                http www bing com/toolbox/submit-site-url

                Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

                Where did I say something like this? Dude, are you high or something? It would be a bit dishonest to even play the game of straw men as some people like to do, but you posted this ludicrous string of garbage and acted as if I had something to do with your brain fart.
                Blah, blah, blah...
                When last time you have your brains checked?
                You need help, see your doctor.

                If you believe Google by choice is happy with people buying and selling backlinks,
                I have news for you:
                you are dumber than trolls who are making PPP (paid per post) threads.

                Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

                I've posted my view on SEO industry several times. In my opinion the relationship is parasitic. Google tolerates the SEOs and plays nice probably because they get a huge amount of visibility from all of this SEO talk. They have no end game on the SEO side. And why should they? They're the largest internet advertising media seller, and the search engine is their main property.
                Your views? Your opinion?
                You mean the one that come to you in asylum?

                But don't worry one day when you grasp that now Google have no choice but to swallow
                shit 'SEO pros' and people like you has been making it to eat, but as soon as G. stops
                to gorge on can of 'backlinks' worms it opens, drops PR and every remains of backlinks
                and start using searches as it was originally intended using keywords, you and alike
                all the sadden will find that there is life after backlinks and it's healthier and better for the
                whole Internet Community.

                Mark my word, if Google officially announces that PR and backlinks are no more, no one
                including you will ever talk about capricious bitch Google who is making people like you
                to dance, jump, cry, cheat etc. every time it want to and as I said: if you had any brains,
                you would accept reality and stop embarrassing yourself by making stupid remarks

                But for now little girl suck on it and enjoy it while you can.



                fastreplies
                Signature
                AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
                There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10405520].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author irawr
                  Banned
                  Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                  Mark my word, if Google officially announces that PR and backlinks are no more, no one including you will ever talk about capricious b**** Google who is making people like you to dance, jump, cry, cheat etc. every time it want to and as I said: if you had any brains, you would accept reality and stop embarrassing yourself by making stupid remarks
                  You are completely insane and totally disconnected with reality. If Google did that, they would single handedly destroy a trillion dollars a year in business. Most of the fortune 500 companies who are ranking today have invested millions upon millions of dollars into SEO. If google eliminated backlinks entirely from their algorythm, kids in high school could make a website in notepad and outrank them. That would crash the stock market and possibly cause the biggest economic upheaval in the history of humanity. Google employees thousands of PHDs, trust me they understand the delicate balancing act between SEO and manipulation of rankings.

                  Google will never eliminate backlinks from their algorythm, not while they are the best in the business.

                  Even if they did in the future, that's completely irrelevant because it is the core mechanic that ranks websites today. That's relevant followed backlinks from authority sites, the #1 and only true ranking factor. It's the most important factor today and it has been for 17 years. Have things changed? Sure, but not as much as you might think. Google is certainly much more focused on the quality of the links these days, to a degree that quantity does not seem to play much of a role at all.

                  So if in the near future, google officially announces that their algorythm no longer uses links as a deterministic factor of ranking, the problem is not going to be limited to a handful of guys on these forums crying about their website ranking. It's going to be about half the planet trying to figure out why a company, with the 4th largest market capacity on the planet, imploded their company and gave the organic serps away. Meanwhile every major government and company worth real money launches the biggest class action lawsuit the planet has ever seen.

                  It's not going to happen, get over it.

                  Nothing is "broken" and they are smart enough to know not to "fix it."
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10405754].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
                    Originally Posted by irawr View Post

                    Nothing is "broken" and they are smart enough to know not to "fix it."
                    @nettiapina meat @irawr, @irawr meat @nettiapina your stupidity merchant fellow,
                    but be careful boys, don't squish life from each other hugging too tightly.

                    Sorry (nah) I piss all over your money making scam, (fact you so upset proofs I'm right)
                    too bad you still have a few years to run it and keep you LOL on your ways to your Banks

                    I feel sorry for people and there is more than enough of them in this forum, who are willing
                    to accept your verbal diarrhea because they too believe that world will come to the End
                    if God forbid Google will change to what it was before backlinks sometimes 12 years ago.

                    You two boys go ahead screw weak-minded peasants and steal their money without fear
                    of retribution while you can because when Google shutdown snake-pit and there won't be
                    any snake oil to sell, you boys would have to make money old fashion way, working day job.

                    Now you can continue to drawn this forum in your verbal puke to protect your investments,
                    trying to prove that you two the only people who know better than the rest of us, all I want
                    is to see you two to stick around long enough so I can tell you to your faces:"I told you so".



                    fastreplies
                    Signature
                    AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
                    There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10405872].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author irawr
                      Banned
                      Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                      @nettiapina meat @irawr, @irawr meat @nettiapina your stupidity merchant fellow,
                      but be careful boys, don't squish life from each other hugging too tightly.

                      Sorry (nah) I piss all over your money making scam, (fact you so upset proofs I'm right)
                      too bad you still have a few years to run it and keep you LOL on your ways to your Banks

                      I feel sorry for people and there is more than enough of them in this forum, who are willing
                      to accept your verbal diarrhea because they too believe that world will come to the End
                      if God forbid Google will change to what it was before backlinks sometimes 12 years ago.

                      You two boys go ahead screw weak-minded peasants and steal their money without fear
                      of retribution while you can because when Google shutdown snake-pit and there won't be
                      any snake oil to sell, you boys would have to make money old fashion way, working day job.

                      Now you can continue to drawn this forum in your verbal puke to protect your investments,
                      trying to prove that you two the only people who know better than the rest of us, all I want
                      is to see you two to stick around long enough so I can tell you to your faces:"I told you so".



                      fastreplies
                      Look, I need an office building, preferably owned outright. I'm getting really tired of having to outsource a ton of work because I don't have real employees. Oh and having a social life that consists of drinking beer in front of my computer and typing on forums.

                      I would respond to you in more detail, but you're really wasting my time now.

                      Oh and, I'm not scamming anybody.

                      Unless you consider designing, building, and hiring to accomplish the creation of websites, that market products and services to be a scam. If you think that's a scam then everything is a scam.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10406033].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
                        <plank>
                        Originally Posted by irawr View Post

                        <plank>Look, I need an office building, preferably owned outright. I'm getting really tired of having to outsource a ton of work because I don't have real employees. Oh and having a social life that consists of drinking beer in front of my computer and typing on forums.

                        I would respond to you in more detail, but you're really wasting my time now.

                        Oh and, I'm not scamming anybody.

                        Unless you consider designing, building, and hiring to accomplish the creation of websites, that market products and services to be a scam. If you think that's a scam then everything is a scam.
                        </plank>

                        I have only one question to ask and at least you have an answer, GET LOST

                        Why Google killed RP (known as Page Rank)?



                        fastreplies
                        Signature
                        AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
                        There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10406114].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
                      Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                      Sorry (nah) I piss all over your money making scam, (fact you so upset proofs I'm right)
                      too bad you still have a few years to run it and keep you LOL on your ways to your Banks
                      What the heck are you even talking about? What's the money making scam that you're accusing me of participating? I've never been a link seller, and it's very unlikely that I'd ever be one. When I've mentioned bought links it's the last resort that I don't recommend.

                      Where do you pull these accusations? Can you back up any of them?

                      If you want to speak against this practice just do so! You don't need to drag someone who doesn't agree with you on an unrelated point to your rants. That kind of behavior is just disgusting.
                      Signature
                      Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
                      Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

                      What's your excuse?
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10406692].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
                        Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

                        When I've mentioned bought links it's the last resort that I don't recommend.
                        Then why did you went after me when I mention uselessness of backlinks
                        and later relentlessly went after my backlinks uselessness remarks?

                        Again: backlinks are useless and all you have to do is honestly answer simple question
                        Why Google killed PR?



                        fastreplies
                        Signature
                        AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
                        There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407253].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
                          Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                          Then why did you went after me when I mention uselessness of backlinks
                          and later relentlessly went after my backlinks uselessness remarks?

                          Again: backlinks are useless and all you have to do is honestly answer simple question
                          Why Google killed PR?



                          fastreplies
                          You know that Google did not actually kill PR, right? They still use it every single day. They just no longer share the data with us.
                          Signature
                          SEO Myths
                          SEO, PPC, Geo-Fencing, and Social Media Marketing Services - Get a Free Quote
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407314].message }}
                          • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
                            Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

                            You know that Google did not actually kill PR, right? They still use it every single day. They just no longer share the data with us.
                            I'm talking about ToolBar PR, "the magical" little slimy green image.



                            fastreplies
                            Signature
                            AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
                            There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
                            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407329].message }}
                            • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
                              Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                              I'm talking about ToolBar PR, "the magical" little slimy green image.



                              fastreplies
                              So? If anything, getting rid of that toolbar only proves the value of links in their algorithm. They wanted to make it harder for people to identify strong link sources.
                              Signature
                              SEO Myths
                              SEO, PPC, Geo-Fencing, and Social Media Marketing Services - Get a Free Quote
                              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407386].message }}
                              • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
                                Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

                                So? If anything, getting rid of that toolbar only proves the value of links in their algorithm. They wanted to make it harder for people to identify strong link sources.
                                Oh come on, you know better than that,
                                but then again, you're free to say whatever makes you happy.



                                fastreplies
                                Signature
                                AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
                                There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
                                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407398].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
                          Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                          Then why did you went after me when I mention uselessness of backlinks
                          and later relentlessly went after my backlinks uselessness remarks?
                          Because those remarks are simply not connected to reality. Acknowledging what seems to be the current state of things is not advocating for sleazy practices of people who're trying to take advantage of that state and other people.

                          Why do you think that bought links still work, at least decent links? Well, maybe because Pagerank is still at the heart of the algorithm. It's not entirely a fraud even though fraudulent practices and lying to marks is very common in link selling business.

                          Again, I don't sell links nor do I advocate buying them in most cases.

                          Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                          Again: backlinks are useless and all you have to do is honestly answer simple question
                          Why Google killed PR?
                          Again, you should already know the answer to this. It's also mentioned in almost every thread that even touches the topic of Pagerank.

                          Google killed the publicly visible score. Or more accurately, stopped updating it. This score was misleading in at least couple of ways. People don't understand Pagerank at all as you can see from, well, almost every thread that touches this topic. Faking Pagerank was also quite common especially in the IM and domain seller circles.

                          This does not mean that Google removed Pagerank from their algorithm. It's still there. If it wasn't SEOs would've noticed this more than year ago. Also, I can't see how Google search would even work without there being something to rate the importance of sites.

                          It's probable that Pagerank isn't as central to the ranking algo than it used to be because Google's tech improves and they come up with more novel signals. However, there's absolutely no evidence that it's dead.

                          Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                          Oh come on, you know better than that
                          I do know the joy of getting the last word in, but can you please explain yourself? What do you even think that Mike knows? Why'd he "know" something and say something else?

                          Apparently me, him and chores of other users part of the same grand conspiracy even though I don't know any of these guys, or benefit from this stuff in almost *) any way. I didn't even get the membership card. Worst secret society ever!



                          *) I'm a site builder, and I do some SEO work. Mostly on-page, tho.
                          Signature
                          Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
                          Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

                          What's your excuse?
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10408403].message }}
                          • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
                            Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

                            Google killed the publicly visible score. Or more accurately, stopped updating it. This score was misleading in at least couple of ways
                            The reason G. killed PR is because it finally graspped that building Voting system based solely
                            on backlinks which could be bought and sold was wrong idea not to mention, G. got nothing
                            in return except "Backlinks Rush" and enormous advantage in popularity over Yahoo and MSN.

                            Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

                            This does not mean that Google removed Pagerank from their algorithm. It's still there....
                            Also, I can't see how Google search would even work without there being something to rate the importance of sites.

                            It's probable that Pagerank isn't as central to the ranking algo than it used to be because Google's tech improves and they come up with more novel signals. However, there's absolutely no evidence that it's dead.
                            Well, Toolbar PR was never part of Algo and this is according to G's M. C.
                            What G. had then and continue to have now is linking relations or referrals.

                            Let me give you example: http www amray com is link AMRAY Web Directory
                            inside of page's content that talking about Directories is referral and that
                            is what G. uses. You may have different opinion but G's behavior and actions
                            support my views on how much G. cares about "backlinks"

                            Somrthing else I said related to this subject
                            http://www.warriorforum.com/search-e...l#post10408030



                            fastreplies
                            Signature
                            AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
                            There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
                            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10410749].message }}
                            • Profile picture of the author yukon
                              Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                              The reason G. killed PR is because it finally graspped that building Voting system based solely
                              on backlinks which could be bought and sold was wrong idea not to mention, G. got nothing
                              in return except "Backlinks Rush" and enormous advantage in popularity over Yahoo and MSN.
                              No offense but you don't know what you're talking about.

                              I doubt it took Google 13 years to comprehend PR was being used for link building. That theory is silly.

                              Do yourself a favor & learn the basics of PR & how followed links work.













                              Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                              Well, Toolbar PR was never part of Algo and this is according to G's M. C.
                              What G. had then and continue to have now is linking relations or referrals.
                              Yes public PR was tied to authority pages, easily proven for years pre 2013. PR still exist today, otherwise followed authority links wouldn't be ranking pages which obviously isn't the case.
                              Signature
                              Be your best self. - Darryl Philbin
                              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10410788].message }}
                              • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
                                Originally Posted by yukon View Post

                                No offense but you don't know what you're talking about.
                                No offense, but yukon stop doing that to yourself.

                                When in the beginning of 90ties I build my first website using Notepad, most of people
                                in this forum were learning how to say 'mama' and when in early 2000th when Google
                                was creeping from way behind AltaVista, Lacos, Crawler, Goto, MSN, Excite and other
                                Search Engines, I had my sites listed in all of them on page# 1 or 2 and guess what,
                                it might surprise you, but SEO at that time had the only one ranking criteria: keywords.

                                To get ahead Larry Rage and Sergey Brin introduced system they developed in 1996
                                in college, and when sometimes in 2002 PR based on backlinks system was in place
                                G's popularity jumped to the skies effectively leaving the rest of SE field way behind.

                                Originally Posted by yukon View Post

                                I doubt it took Google 13 years to comprehend PR was being used for link building. That theory is silly.
                                Not 13, but 8 years ago
                                You should remember when in 2007 G. finally got nervous breakdown and cannibalized PR
                                kicking off a carnage across–the–board effectively announcing end of backlinks era.

                                Web Directories crash, remember what happened?
                                Our AMRAY Directory went from PR of 7 to PR of 4, DMOZ from PR of 9 to PR of 6
                                and back to 9 after manual PR adjustment. BOTW and even Yahoo got their asses kicked
                                and only later after fighting with G. they got PR back.

                                Originally Posted by yukon View Post

                                Do yourself a favor & learn the basics of PR & how followed links work.
                                Oh jeez man, after 25 years, I forgot more than most of "members" combined together
                                will ever know, but... thanks for advise

                                Originally Posted by yukon View Post

                                Matt Cutts from Google on WordPress &amp; SEO - YouTub
                                Besides supporting my points that referrals and keywords are the main factors
                                and as M. C. said - backlinks happen to be only 1 of 200 signals, what is new?

                                And yes Matt is talking about PR and backlinks relation but then again, what are you
                                expecting him to say in 2009 that Google is moving away from backlinks shame?



                                fastreplies
                                Signature
                                AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
                                There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
                                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10411223].message }}
                                • Profile picture of the author irawr
                                  Banned
                                  Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                                  When in the beginning of 90ties I build my first website using Notepad, most of people
                                  in this forum were learning how to say 'mama' and when in early 2000th when Google
                                  Seriously?
                                  Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                                  You should remember when in 2007 G. finally got nervous breakdown and cannibalized PR
                                  kicking off a carnage across–the–board effectively announcing end of backlinks era.
                                  Yes, I remember that very clearly... I woke up to finding out that the 40 websites I was operating at the time had all received a penalty for "unnatural backlinks." I thought I had gotten away clean because some guys had reported getting hit before that, but I did not get away and my 20k a month business got toilet bowled.

                                  You know why my sites were penalized? Because I spammed 100,000+ links into each of them all with massively over optimized anchor texts. This worked for years and I thought I was smarter then the other guys because I was targeting a variety of anchors and not just a single one. Google penalized hundreds of thousands of sites for obviously unnatural anchor texts and that had a massive effect on the SERPs.

                                  You don't even understand what occurred back then do you? The changes had nothing to do with PR. PR on some sites was greatly effected because they had real links from sites who had over optimized links, and those sites were penalized. In turn, many sites saw a massive reduction in PR even though they were not engaging in this type of link building.

                                  Google certainly was not "effectively announcing end of backlinks era", they started enforcing algorithmic penalties to sites who abused the system. Most people who do SEO now, know not to use the same anchor text over and over again. They also know not to spam 100k backlinks directly into their website.

                                  All Google did was make it harder to manipulate their algorythm. This needed to happen, because the SERPs were turning into a nuclear arms race to see how many links you could spam into your site.

                                  On a side note: Floyd made a thread, asking for advice. You have completely side tracked this thread and filled it with borderline delusional ideas, insults, and have clearly demonstrated that you are unknowledgeable about modern SEO.
                                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10411248].message }}
                                  • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
                                    [DELETED]
                                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10411260].message }}
                                    • Profile picture of the author irawr
                                      Banned
                                      Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                                      <plank></plank>

                                      spammed 100,000+ links, eh?

                                      Thanks for letting us know who you really are, and now



                                      fastreplies
                                      40x100k would be 4,000,000. I sent well over a billion spam emails promoting adult media between 1997 and 1999 as well.

                                      What are you going to do about it?

                                      The only reason I don't spam anymore, is because to be 100% fair about this, it's easier just to hire people and do it the right way.
                                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10411278].message }}
                              • Profile picture of the author floydarthur
                                Thanks for the video you've shared to us yukon!

                                Floyd Arthur

                                Originally Posted by yukon View Post

                                No offense but you don't know what you're talking about.

                                I doubt it took Google 13 years to comprehend PR was being used for link building. That theory is silly.

                                Do yourself a favor & learn the basics of PR & how followed links work.



                                Matt Cutts from Google on WordPress &amp; SEO - YouTube











                                Yes public PR was tied to authority pages, easily proven for years pre 2013. PR still exist today, otherwise followed authority links wouldn't be ranking pages which obviously isn't the case.
                                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10415289].message }}
                            • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
                              Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                              The reason G. killed PR is because it finally graspped that building Voting system based solely
                              on backlinks which could be bought and sold was wrong idea not to mention, G. got nothing
                              in return except "Backlinks Rush" and enormous advantage in popularity over Yahoo and MSN.
                              Well, that's your pet hypothesis. I get that. There's just absolutely no convincing evidence that Google would have killed PR from the algorithm.

                              Why do you think that they use millions to fight spam? Why do you think they release updates to the Penguin algo? Just for shits and giggles? Even the spam stories from irawr point the direction that Google has taken. They're protecting their system and investments, not discarding them.

                              Anything Google does can and will be manipulated. People are trying to click their own links in the search in order to make them look more popular. Content has been keyword stuffed for a decade. Something like social signals wouldn't solve anything because the fight to control spam would fall in the hands of 3rd parties.

                              Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                              Well, Toolbar PR was never part of Algo and this is according to G's M. C.
                              What G. had then and continue to have now is linking relations or referrals.
                              That's "toolbar not part of algo" is completely obvious. Google has been all about the relationship between links, and the niches/industries for years already. This is also obvious from the way the search works, and from what Google reps have been saying. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here.

                              I could not really follow why your "example" was supporting your stance. Someone linked something somewhere? Well, neither you or I can say how that really affects anything.

                              Originally Posted by fastreplies

                              When in the beginning of 90ties I build my first website using Notepad, most of people
                              in this forum were learning how to say 'mama' and when in early 2000th when Google
                              was creeping from way behind AltaVista, Lacos, Crawler, Goto, MSN, Excite and other
                              Search Engines, I had my sites listed in all of them on page# 1 or 2 and guess what,
                              it might surprise you, but SEO at that time had the only one ranking criteria: keywords.
                              I'm pretty sure it wasn't your intention, but I feel this explains something about this bizarre exchange.

                              Personal stories are always sort of fascinating, but in IT-related industries things may change so fast that you might not get any credit for being an old-timer. You try to say "experience", I hear "grandpa talking about horseless carriages". Actually SEO industry is a notable exception for being fairly stable and stagnant for so long.
                              Signature
                              Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
                              Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

                              What's your excuse?
                              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10414622].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
                  Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                  People with brains do, delusional without like you, don't
                  If you're trying to insult someone you should make sure your sentence is at least readable. That's just gibberish. Or Yoda talk to be generous.

                  Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                  You are useless after all.
                  Does it come to your "mind" to check if I even been in forum since then?
                  Have nothing better to say, throwing shit hoping some will sticks?
                  Do you think I'm here just to watch if some random doofus posts to the forum? Are you seriously this delusional? I don't give two craps about any single user on this forum, no matter how inane their posts are. I'm trying to point the flaws in the arguments.

                  It's you who started this "hey it's you" and "I proved you wrong", so you can very well do us all a favour and dig up that old thread to see how wrong you are.

                  Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                  You see before you have learn about Internet sometimes 2 or less years ago,
                  I can't parse this paragraph. It's gibberish.

                  Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                  I know you're wearing your incompetence as badge of honor but trust me
                  Dude, you're mostly posting silly crap as pointed to you by multiple users. At best your comments are wild speculation. Your sentences are unreadable mess. Even frigging sig spammers do better job than you.

                  Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                  When last time you have your brains checked?
                  You need help, see your doctor.
                  This is what we call projecting. And yes, you should probably follow your own advice based on the evidence in this thread.

                  You're the one who started this mud slinging. You're the one who behaves in a dishonest and depraved manner, throws these insane accusations around, and doesn't even back a single argument like a competent adult.

                  Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                  If you believe Google by choice is happy with people buying and selling backlinks,
                  I have news for you:
                  you are dumber than trolls who are making PPP (paid per post) threads.
                  Again, this is your own dishonest straw man. I've said nothing like this. If you want to rant against something feel free to do so, but don't lie about me saying something like that.

                  Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                  Mark my word,
                  You must realize at this point that your behavior makes you look worse than a truckload of creationists. And your prophesies make about as much sense as the stuff that you hear from that crowd.

                  Now, did you have an argument there somewhere? Yes, it's a rhetorical question. Of course you don't.
                  Signature
                  Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
                  Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

                  What's your excuse?
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10406681].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
                    <plank>
                    Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

                    Garbage
                    </plank>
                    Signature
                    AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
                    There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407224].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jason1975
        Originally Posted by irawr View Post

        You seem to be really confused on this issue. I also believe what BoredMarketer said is completely accurate. As long as the content passes a grammar check, a 2 star writer will work just as fine as a 25 year experienced magazine article editor.

        Google can not granularly evaluate the quality of text content unless it includes obvious errors such as misspelled words or grammar errors.

        I have a site right now that's losing the #1 and #2 spots on the serp to two different sites that have a handful of links from a PBN, the content on those PBN sites was written by a robot and is not human readable. Why the guy wasted such powerful links on those sites I have no idea, but I don't feel like joining the game on that keyword and if I did I certainly wouldn't do it in a way that sticks out so clearly.

        Many SEOs only want "magnetic content" on their sites because they believe that it will attract links by itself. From experience this is completely wrong, but if you understand content marketing basics, then you can get this working quite well. Content marketing requires marketing, you must be doing some type of outreach campaigning or you are doing it wrong. So instead of finding places to get dofollow links, you are communicating with people to try to get them to link to you.

        Both strategies work and obviously it works the best when you combine both strategies. If you can, it's going to be pretty hard to create "magnetic content" if your site is a business that sells products. Creating a giant list of 154 ways to spend money on your website will not do you any good, you already have that, it's your store.

        I hate to admit this but, one site that produces quite a bit of my income, was actually written by a guy in the Philippines for $2.5 an hour. All I did was spend 5 minutes editing it.
        I'm reading this thread trying to learn how to create backlinks and then I'm reading they may not matter.

        If I'm reading this correctly you're saying that backlinks from large, reputable, authority sites can make a difference otherwise, they don't?

        And the way to get those backlinks is to create great content to market to those sites so they will want to publish/link to it?

        Just learning to crawl but can't wait to run.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10403744].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author yukon
          Originally Posted by Jason1975 View Post

          If I'm reading this correctly you're saying that backlinks from large, reputable, authority sites can make a difference otherwise, they don't?
          I don't know what anyone else is saying but the answer is NO.

          What ranks pages is having your followed link on an authority webpage (not necessarily authority domain). The webpage where your followed backlink is located needs a strong backlink profile for the [exact] backlink page URL. That includes both internal & external backlink profile pointing at your backlink webpage/URL.

          Link flow:
          • strong backlink profile > [exact] backlink page URL > money page





          Signature
          Be your best self. - Darryl Philbin
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10403751].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author irawr
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Jason1975 View Post

          I'm reading this thread trying to learn how to create backlinks and then I'm reading they may not matter.

          If I'm reading this correctly you're saying that backlinks from large, reputable, authority sites can make a difference otherwise, they don't?

          And the way to get those backlinks is to create great content to market to those sites so they will want to publish/link to it?

          Just learning to crawl but can't wait to run.
          Question 1: No, I'm saying those are the ones you should invest your time and energy into as they have the biggest benefit. If a big authority site in my niche denied a guest post for one reason or another, I would be back sooner or later trying again.

          Question 2: That depends on the target you are trying to get a link from. If the site you want a backlink from excepts guest posts, well it better be a pretty good piece of content or the owner of the site might not accept it. Since you are surgically targeting a specific site, the content should fit into the site. Technically, it should be planned out and created specifically for that site.

          With content marketing you are really just going for mass backlinks, it's untargeted, but again, if you are marketing junk content nobody is going to log into their wp admin and link to it. So you create an infographic for example, spend a bunch of time coming up with surprising facts that are conveyed visually, then contact a list of site owners trying to get them to link to your page with the infographic. There's obviously more strategy to this, sorry I don't have time to go into details about content marketing.

          So, it sounds like the real struggle can be getting your link on an authority webpage?
          It certainly can be, but those links are great since those sites have massive backlinks coming into them. If you look at the chart Yukon posted, that's basically what will happen when an authority links to you.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10403803].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
            Originally Posted by irawr View Post

            With content marketing you are really just going for mass backlinks,
            Wrong.
            Content Marketing is to generate Traffic and NOT just backlinks



            fastreplies
            Signature
            AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
            There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10403838].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jason1975
            [DELETED]
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10403841].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author irawr
              Banned
              Here you go, I did a case study on this site before. I was really surprised as to how well it was doing considering it's link profile.

              I hope this helps you to understand how truly powerful good backlinks are.


              If you quote me, please edit the image out, it's going to make this thread a mess.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10403904].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
                Originally Posted by irawr View Post

                I hope this helps you to understand how truly powerful good backlinks are.
                I wish someone teach you what is the difference between backlink and reference.

                When I look at your "example", I see loaded with keywords Content, I see where it says
                "payday loan ranking", but I don't see any backlink, the same way Google's crawler sees it, as a text.

                Just curious...
                do you have any idea that basic function of Search Engine Algo is to look for keywords?

                Maybe it comes to you as a surprise but Google uses a whole bunch of crawlers
                amongst others: links, content, images, videos etc. and the one which is crawling
                Content programed to look for common keywords or known to intelligent web gurus
                as reference (Merriam-Webster: the act of referring to something or someone)

                Example: if you Google for 'amray', you will find sites that will mention our directory,
                but guess what... no backlinks, text only.

                According to your "backlinks theory" such a site shouldn't be in SERP but...here we go:
                stick your theory you know where.

                Oh BTW, AMRAY Web Directory would come up in page #1 one day and #2 next,
                which means, you can stick your case study next to your backlinks theory.
                Moving in SERP two places up op down... gimme a break.

                Good luck selling your snake oil



                fastreplies
                Signature
                AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
                There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10404067].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author irawr
                  Banned
                  Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                  Good luck selling your snake oil


                  You have 200k backlinks according to ahrefs and you're not ranking on anything. Even on your own brand, you are losing to a site that ahrefs reports has 500 backlinks. The site I pointed out is getting a substantial flow of free traffic from google that is highly valuable. I just gave away the information on how to reproduce that site's success and yet you continue to attack my posts. Are you color blind? The link is clearly inside the circle. You can google the site yourself or use tools yourself and clearly see that what I am saying works. I have no idea why you continue to respond to my posts, other then the possibility that you are delusional and have decided that I am somehow your enemy even though I am giving away information which could help you.

                  I don't know if you're figured this out yet, but I'm not selling anything.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10404095].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author yukon
                  Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

                  Example: if you Google for 'amray', you will find sites that will mention our directory,
                  but guess what... no backlinks, text only.


                  What's going on with that wall of hidden footer text wrapped in an <h2> tag?
                  Signature
                  Be your best self. - Darryl Philbin
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10404135].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
                    Originally Posted by yukon View Post

                    What's going on with that wall of hidden footer text wrapped in an <h2> tag?
                    LOL man, as I said: this is how Google's crawler care to see it - text and nothing else



                    fastreplies
                    Signature
                    AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
                    There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10404147].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kherk Roldan
    Originally Posted by floydarthur View Post

    Floyd Arthur here, I'd like to ask experts out there on how to rank faster on search engines.

    Backlinks, guest blogging, link pyramid, link wheel, pbn, review sites, authority sites

    Which works for you?

    Thanks!

    Floyd Arthur
    by using longterm keywords and noncompetitive keywords yes you can

    keep out those link scheme you stated above. its bad to your website
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399843].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author irawr
    Banned
    Followed links, from authority sites (preferably ones with relevant content and relevant sites linking to them) rank sites in 2016 and they will until Google goes out of business. Any way you accomplish that, it will improve your ranking. If you're looking for some push-button solution to accomplish this, it does not exist and it never will.

    A PBN is your own little network of "authority" sites and guest blog posts leverage an existing authority site.

    Content marketing is a way to potentially get backlinks by creating "attractive" content and then marketing it. Anybody who tells you that content marketing is SEO, is wrong. In the same sense that water is not rock, adobe photoshop and microsoft word are not SEO tools. If you want to do content marketing, that's great, but make sure you understand that the primary goal of content marketing is brand awareness, not backlinks. So you will likely get social media shares and traffic, but you may not get any valuable links. You could possibly get irrelevant links and those don't really do much.

    It's not the number of links, but rather the quality. By eliminating the pool of irrelevant link targets, you end up with a relatively narrow list of potential targets to acquire links from. So I suggest you understand the concept that quality links are earned and it takes time. If you want rapid results, buy links.

    Oh and: a link wheel is a special reciprocal linking strategy that google can algorithmically detect and will devalue those links. That technique died years ago, circa 2005. Some guy completely dominated google rankings with about 1000 content-less sites that all circularly linked to each other.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10399862].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Key Seek
      Originally Posted by irawr View Post

      Followed links, from authority sites (preferably ones with relevant content and relevant sites linking to them) rank sites in 2016 and they will until Google goes out of business. Any way you accomplish that, it will improve your ranking. If you're looking for some push-button solution to accomplish this, it does not exist and it never will.

      A PBN is your own little network of "authority" sites and guest blog posts leverage an existing authority site.

      Content marketing is a way to potentially get backlinks by creating "attractive" content and then marketing it. Anybody who tells you that content marketing is SEO, is wrong. In the same sense that water is not rock, adobe photoshop and microsoft word are not SEO tools. If you want to do content marketing, that's great, but make sure you understand that the primary goal of content marketing is brand awareness, not backlinks. So you will likely get social media shares and traffic, but you may not get any valuable links. You could possibly get irrelevant links and those don't really do much.

      It's not the number of links, but rather the quality. By eliminating the pool of irrelevant link targets, you end up with a relatively narrow list of potential targets to acquire links from. So I suggest you understand the concept that quality links are earned and it takes time. If you want rapid results, buy links.

      Oh and: a link wheel is a special reciprocal linking strategy that google can algorithmically detect and will devalue those links. That technique died years ago, circa 2005. Some guy completely dominated google rankings with about 1000 content-less sites that all circularly linked to each other.

      I am a complete newb but I have been reading your posts and you seem to be very much on the ball.


      I have put in work regarding keywords, and now want to start learning about backlinks. I am reading forum posts on this topic, but that approach just gives pieces of the puzzle. Is there a good place to start/tutorial/sticky on the topic?


      As stated, I am a rank beginner regarding internet marketing, although I am a very experienced writer with good content on my web site. I started doing research on SEO, and I must say much of what I read was poorly written.



      Most material lacks a coherent introductory paragraph. You have to try and figure out a main point as you work through the article.


      Where is a good starting point for someone like me?


      Thank you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10409450].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        Coherent intro paragraph:

        Sites vote other sites as 'best in class.' They do it by linking from one or more of their pages to one or more pages on another site.

        Google counts the votes various pages get. Everything else being equal, the site with the most votes would win.

        But it's not that simple.

        Some sites vote many times for the same webpage.

        Some sites have web pages that have been voted (linked to) by many sites and they vote (link) to another site from that page. That vote carries more power than a vote from a page that has no incoming links.

        Plus, votes from pages on the same topic carry more power than votes from some completely unrelated page.

        Google, it seems has a way of grading 'votes' by similarity of subject. Mortgage broker to mortgage broker would be stronger than
        real estate agent to mortgage broker
        real estate agent to mortgage broker would be stronger than plumber to mortgage broker
        plumber to mortgage broker would be stronger than dentist to mortgage broker.

        Mortgage broker page on a site about mortgage brokering vs mortgage broker page on a site about foreclosures? or vs a mortgage broker page on a site about accounting?

        My logic says that Google has a rating system that takes that into account too.

        So, you look for sites in the same niche and convince them to link to you from a page that's related to whatever page you want them to link to. If you can't get them from the same niche, you get them from related niches in the same industry is better than in different industry.

        So, a link for a home insurance page from a home insurance page is best, from a car insurance page would be my next, from home repair services my next.

        But if you can get a link from a 'lose fat fast' page that's got tons of good links, jump on it.

        Good links are: links that don't get the rel-nofollow tag. That is to say, standard links. Right click on a phrase that's a link (in firefox), look at 'selection source' and you'll see that most links don't have the rel="nofollow" words in the code, a few do.

        Good links are links from pages that don't have many outgoing links (link juice gets distributed equally between outgoing links)

        Good links are links from pages that have not been spammed (you see a page with 3 billion links from sites nobody's ever heard of, stay away).

        Coherent Intro Paragraph 2:

        You will see a lot of people telling you to do
        article posting,
        forum posting,
        bookmarking,
        create web 2.0 properties
        and such things.

        If the links come without the nofollow attribute, you do, indeed, get a good link. Except it's a weak good link. You want strong good links. Strong good links come from pages that have links pointed at them.

        So, you see a lot of people offering link packages with 2 tiers. They create 5000 links pointing at 10 pages that point at your site. That's better (if the links don't have the nofollow attribute, get indexed, are not on pages that have a million outgoing links (that's not the case).

        But you can do something like that yourself. Create a web 2.0 property, say on tumblr... Then create a few more and link to the first one. Have the first one link to your money site.

        Or you can buy links.

        I know, most people say don't buy links, it's bad. At the same time, most of the same people would agree that buying an expired domain that has some links still, putting up some content, and linking to your money site is an awesome idea. There's buying links and buying links.

        You can create a series of sites to get links from Private backlinks network...

        You can convince someone to let you do a guest blog post, you can comment on a blog, you can ask your best friend to give you a link from her site... There are many ways, but keep in mind that links from pages that have incoming links are better than links from pages that have no incoming links... The more link chains and the longer the chains the better.

        link 1 comes from page a, which has 72 pages linking to it is good
        link 1 comes from page a, which has 72 pages linking to it and each of these 72 pages has 72 incoming links is better
        link 1 comes from page a, which has 72 pages linking to it and each of these 72 pages has 72 incoming links from pages that have 72 incoming links each is even better.

        Coherent intro paragraph 3:
        Internal links count too in this voting game, so link carefully... Look into Silo structure.... At the very least, don't link randomly, don't link only by subject affinity, link to control juice flow.

        Originally Posted by Key Seek View Post

        I am a complete newb but I have been reading your posts and you seem to be very much on the ball.


        I have put in work regarding keywords, and now want to start learning about backlinks. I am reading forum posts on this topic, but that approach just gives pieces of the puzzle. Is there a good place to start/tutorial/sticky on the topic?


        As stated, I am a rank beginner regarding internet marketing, although I am a very experienced writer with good content on my web site. I started doing research on SEO, and I must say much of what I read was poorly written.



        Most material lacks a coherent introductory paragraph. You have to try and figure out a main point as you work through the article.


        Where is a good starting point for someone like me?


        Thank you
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10410599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author floydarthur
    fastreplies, yeah quality content is the most important, both SEs and visitors
    Kherk, any proof?
    irawr, good suggestions

    Thanks!

    Floyd Arthur
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10401444].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BoredMarketer
    Content doesn't matter. Good content is nice. But I see crappy content ranking all the time. How? PBN's and a hell of a lot of good links + Domain authority.

    That said. If your goal is long term stability; I would focus on good content and guest post/ try to get relevent links from people in my niche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10401527].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
      Originally Posted by BoredMarketer View Post

      Content doesn't matter.
      Really?
      I wonder who left you cage's door open?

      Originally Posted by BoredMarketer View Post

      Good content is nice.
      Define "good content" or better yet define "Content"?

      Originally Posted by BoredMarketer View Post

      But I see crappy content ranking all the time.
      Wait a minute... wait a minute.. you just contradicted yourself.
      Now you're saying: Crappy content does matter thus any Content does.

      It might surprise you but I saw sites without any backlinks and total
      of 5 words Content loaded with right keywords in top 20 in SERP
      which means crappy 5 words Content matters more than 1000 backlinks
      from crappy sites Google simply ignores.

      Originally Posted by BoredMarketer View Post

      How? PBN's and a hell of a lot of good links + Domain authority.
      Define "good links"?

      Originally Posted by BoredMarketer View Post

      That said. If your goal is long term stability; I would focus on good content and guest post/ try to get relevent links from people in my niche.
      Oh, I got it...
      you have no idea what you're talking about, you just throwing words around



      fastreplies
      Signature
      AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
      There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10402005].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Idvert Group Ltd
    Good Content Updates+Good techniques(keywords,)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10401549].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author floydarthur
    I'm getting excited on this conversation.

    @Jason, from my experience backlink still matters, it just need to be from page or domain with high rank in authority.

    @fastreplies, I'm very agree on most of your comments

    Is there anyone here focus only on organic traffic?

    Thanks!

    Floyd Arthur
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10403766].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason1975
    So, it sounds like the real struggle can be getting your link on an authority webpage?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10403795].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
    You have missed one
    best free web directory
    or
    strongest directories list places AMRAY Web Directory in Page #1 (2 pages: index and submit.html)

    Hmmm... no big shots sites linked to AMRAY and yet it's on the top page.
    I wonder why? Maybe because of "keywords"?



    fastreplies
    Signature
    AMRAY Free Web Directory Since Year 2000
    There is very good reason why pigs never judge kanolies competitions
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10404141].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sparrow
    Before looking at anything I look at who the competition is

    I use Domain Authority as a reference to understand this

    then I look at the advertising level the more ads, more than likely this is a money keyword, paid advertisers have done the work testing if it converts, otherwise they lose money

    most times time low DA overall and high ad counts, I have been able to rank top 10 with minimal links or no links and have a high converting keyword

    this has gotten me to top 10 in the shortest amount of time and make money fast with the least amount of work

    anything other than this it is more work and testing a lot to find how to break into this niche
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10404827].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author floydarthur
    @irawr, thanks for the screenshots
    @sparrow, thanks for the info.

    Floyd Arthur
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10405686].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Originally Posted by floydarthur View Post

      @irawr, thanks for the screenshots
      @sparrow, thanks for the info.

      Floyd Arthur

      It's easier to simply click the Thanks button below each post. Assuming you're not trying to boost post count for a future WSO.
      Signature
      Be your best self. - Darryl Philbin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10405690].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author floydarthur
    Cool, this is a healthy throwing up of comments. I've noticed that the age of the domain matters too.

    Floyd Arthur
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407586].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author timthoy
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10408410].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rebeccaspears
    Publish relevant content. Quality content is the number one driver of your search engine rankings and there is no substitute for great content. ...
    Update your content regularly. ...
    Metadata. ...
    Have a link-worthy site. ...
    Use alt tags.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10408428].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davidscott90
    optimize your website properly. In search engine optimization, on-page optimization refers to factors that have an effect on your Web site or Web page listing in natural search results. These factors are controlled by you or by coding on your page. Examples of on-page optimization include actual HTML code, meta tags, keyword placement and keyword density.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10408507].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author floydarthur
    Think even if G don't want to update us visibly for PR, it still matters. We just need to be in a circle of high authority networks/relevant sites (backlinks) in order to receive high in search results. Just let me know if I understand it correctly.

    Thanks!

    Floyd Arthur
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10410767].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tim3


      It's like Nik0 and Mike A all over again
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10412189].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author irawr
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Tim3 View Post



        It's like Nik0 and Mike A all over again
        Got a link? Searches didn't come up with much. Other then Mike Anthony making a bunch of nonsense posts in offtopic.

        This thread is hyterical: http://www.warriorforum.com/search-e...tent-king.html

        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Searhengineland is one of the most respected SEO sites on the internet. Have issues with backlinko? look at all the others, look at all the professional SEo tools that now use it and Majestic.

        Epic fail. Get over the Moz hate.When it comes o metrics you live in a Majestic and Moz world. Public pagerank metrics are dead and Google themselves has said as much.

        Now let the subject get back on track
        It's 2015 people still think the metrics matter, he even mentions they can be faked but then defends them. Amazing. Site note: my subscriptions to moz and majestic are currently inactive

        Edit: Wow, MikeFriedman get's trolled massively hard even though he's right. http://www.warriorforum.com/search-e...thm-serps.html
        Mike Anthony is wrong, attacks and types for days, won't agree with MikeF about anything as he tries to clarify his statement, which wasn't needed.

        The PR of a domain doesn't magically pass to internal pages, this is a common misconception among newbies. Instead of agreeing on that fact and explaining how that works, Mike A justifies his assumptions with insults. I love how MikeA is allowed to talk in generalities but MikeF isn't allowed to make blanket statements, and apparently MikeF is the one being hypocritical. Man, some people on here are amazing.

        So to recap: In MikeA's mind, MikeF is wrong, because of MikeA's assumption. Trolling at it's finest.

        It also appears that Mike Anthony is no longer in the SEO business.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10412504].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Tim3
          Originally Posted by irawr View Post

          Got a link?
          It also appears that Mike Anthony is no longer in the SEO business.
          No sadly, I didn't keep a note of some of the epic threads, but if you click on his profile and look through those in the SEO forum you are sure to find some with a lot of replies, man that guy could type faster than I can speak.

          I'm not sure he's out of the SEO business though, he is still selling his PBN's on his site, I won't link it here now he's no longer with us.

          I never speak ill of the banned ...because they cannot defend themselves, however I will say the forum is a poorer place without him, because he wasn't always wrong, even though when he was he would seemingly rather have died than admitted it.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10412659].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author irawr
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Tim3 View Post

            No sadly, I didn't keep a note of some of the epic threads, but if you click on his profile and look through those in the SEO forum you are sure to find some with a lot of replies, man that guy could type faster than I can speak.

            I'm not sure he's out of the SEO business though, he is still selling his PBN's on his site, I won't link it here now he's no longer with us.

            I never speak ill of the banned ...because they cannot defend themselves, however I will say the forum is a poorer place without him, because he wasn't always wrong, even though when he was he would seemingly rather have died than admitted it.
            The site appears to be completely out of stock, obviously that could be temporary.

            I'm not doubting the guy made money, but man he really got hung up on certain things. Also seroundtable is newbland, I highly suggest any SEO completely block it with a firewall, or hosts.ini it to localhost. Seriously, every time I see a post there I'm like "OH NOES" and then I go check my stats and nothing happened or my ranks actually went up. I never learn anything new and there's nothing really valuable there. But hey! I just get a dissertation on Matt Cutt's tweets.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10412695].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Tim3
              Originally Posted by irawr View Post

              The site appears to be completely out of stock, obviously that could be temporary.

              I'm not doubting the guy made money, but man he really got hung up on certain things. Also seroundtable is newbland, I highly suggest any SEO completely block it with a firewall, or hosts.ini it to localhost. Seriously, every time I see a post there I'm like "OH NOES" and then I go check my stats and nothing happened or my ranks actually went up. I never learn anything new and there's nothing really valuable there. But hey! I just get a dissertation on Matt Cutt's tweets.
              Must get my eyes tested, I thought those green buttons said 'Buy Now'.

              seroundtable is his is it? I didn't know that, but I see this page... seroundtable.com/category/google is not ranking for 'Google'

              If I landed on that without prior knowledge I would assume it's a spammy autoblog, because it sure looks like one.
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10412711].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author irawr
                Banned
                Originally Posted by Tim3 View Post

                seroundtable is his is it? I didn't know that, but I see this page... seroundtable.com/category/google is not ranking for 'Google'

                If I landed on that without prior knowledge I would assume it's a spammy autoblog, because it sure looks like one.
                No it's a tabloid website about "SEO." Imagine TMZ but for SEO, that's seroundtable. Mike Anthony said "Searhengineland is one of the most respected SEO sites on the internet". Uhm no.

                Edit: I'm sorry, wrong site, but it's the same crap... seroundtable, searchengineland, whatever same thing. They usually have similar articles, my brain must have just associated them both together since they're both heaping piles of trash.

                For example: I do a lot of manual link building so I figured I would check this out: http://searchengineland.com/2016-man...ing-seo-236251

                There's no useful information there, what a waste of time...
                It's some dude's opinion on building manual links, it works, no kidding? I use a bunch of different strategies when doing this, including targeting, outsourcing, and management. There's nothing about any of that. I'm sure there's a thread in this forum somewhere, where a guy asks how to do manual link building and it has more value. Fail.

                http://searchengineland.com/using-pi...esearch-235557 <-OH YEAH! Pintrest is now a keyword research tool... /facepalm
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10412779].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
          Originally Posted by irawr View Post

          Got a link? Searches didn't come up with much. Other then Mike Anthony making a bunch of nonsense posts in offtopic.

          This thread is hyterical: http://www.warriorforum.com/search-e...tent-king.html



          It's 2015 people still think the metrics matter, he even mentions they can be faked but then defends them. Amazing. Site note: my subscriptions to moz and majestic are currently inactive

          Edit: Wow, MikeFriedman get's trolled massively hard even though he's right. http://www.warriorforum.com/search-e...thm-serps.html
          Mike Anthony is wrong, attacks and types for days, won't agree with MikeF about anything as he tries to clarify his statement, which wasn't needed.

          The PR of a domain doesn't magically pass to internal pages, this is a common misconception among newbies. Instead of agreeing on that fact and explaining how that works, Mike A justifies his assumptions with insults. I love how MikeA is allowed to talk in generalities but MikeF isn't allowed to make blanket statements, and apparently MikeF is the one being hypocritical. Man, some people on here are amazing.

          So to recap: In MikeA's mind, MikeF is wrong, because of MikeA's assumption. Trolling at it's finest.

          It also appears that Mike Anthony is no longer in the SEO business.

          Yes, good times.
          Signature
          SEO Myths
          SEO, PPC, Geo-Fencing, and Social Media Marketing Services - Get a Free Quote
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10412746].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author armyof1
    Google uses an algorithm that determines page rank. Its has over 200 factors which carry different values so there is no one factor that will make your site rise to the top of the charts
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10417114].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Originally Posted by armyof1 View Post

      Google uses an algorithm that determines page rank. Its has over 200 factors which carry different values so there is no one factor that will make your site rise to the top of the charts

      You would change your mind in about 1 hour If you had followed backlinks on the Home pages of:
      • ebay.com
      • msn.com
      • amazon.com
      • apple.com
      • etc...

      Followed backlinks on authority pages/URLs is without a doubt the strongest ranking factor in the history of Google SERPs.
      Signature
      Be your best self. - Darryl Philbin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10434710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason1975
    Originally Posted by floydarthur View Post

    Floyd Arthur here, I'd like to ask experts out there on how to rank faster on search engines.

    Backlinks, guest blogging, link pyramid, link wheel, pbn, review sites, authority sites

    Which works for you?

    Thanks!

    Floyd Arthur
    Floyd,

    Thanks for starting this thread. I'm new to all of this and I know most people in here have forgotten more about all of this than I'll probably learn. However, it's sad that I come here to seek advice and knowledge from experts and I see a simple thread turn into a pissing contest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10427698].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author floydarthur
      Originally Posted by Jason1975 View Post

      Floyd,

      Thanks for starting this thread. I'm new to all of this and I know most people in here have forgotten more about all of this than I'll probably learn. However, it's sad that I come here to seek advice and knowledge from experts and I see a simple thread turn into a pissing contest.
      No problem. The good thing about it is that many experts are really squeezing their mind to help us and that's good for us. What do you think?

      Floyd Arthur
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10434677].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author getfreetheme
    That linking game and guest blogging. I think that is less and less observed these days and it is less effective.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10437959].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author floydarthur
      Originally Posted by getfreetheme View Post

      That linking game and guest blogging. I think that is less and less observed these days and it is less effective.
      @getfreetheme, do you have proof about this?

      Floyd Arthur
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10442231].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
        Originally Posted by floydarthur View Post

        @getfreetheme, do you have proof about this?
        I'm not quite sure what that user means by "that linking game", but Google has been devaluing methods that are commonly used to artificially generate backlinks.

        I hear that guest blogging is still good provided that the site doesn't run too much content that's obviously provided by quest bloggers. It's fine as long as every other piece isn't posted just to get a backlink. If there's too much of questionable activity Google may just flag the whole site behind the scenes, and devalue every link on the site. Or at least that's the idea - PBNs seem to still work just fine so this may be something they do manually.
        Signature
        Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
        Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

        What's your excuse?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10443210].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tahoecale
    In my opinion a few ways to rank your page is:
    Post original, unique, engaging content frequently
    Social Media Networking
    Post/comment on related forums/blogs
    In doing these things and a long list of other possibilities, will help you achieve back links and a higher page ranking.

    Good luck to you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10443244].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
      Originally Posted by tahoecale View Post

      Social Media Networking
      Post/comment on related forums/blogs
      It's fine to have an opinion, but on the factual side you'd be wrong on this one.
      Signature
      Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
      Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

      What's your excuse?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10443422].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Originally Posted by tahoecale View Post

      In my opinion a few ways to rank your page is:
      Post original, unique, engaging content frequently
      So explain why dafont.com, pinterest.com, etc... rank so many pages when they have zero unique content.

      I'll explain it, unique content doesn't matter when the followed backlink profile on the scraper site trumps the original content/domain.






      Originally Posted by tahoecale View Post

      In my opinion a few ways to rank your page is:
      ...
      Social Media Networking
      You've never ranked a money page with social media.






      Originally Posted by tahoecale View Post

      In my opinion a few ways to rank your page is:
      ...
      ...
      Post/comment on related forums/blogs
      Forums are usually nofollow links, most figured out the spamfest years ago.

      Blog spam link blast are usually bloated with links from junk domains. If you found a followed blog comment, odds are 100s of other folks found the same blog/s years ago (spamfest). Fine for churn & burn sites but usually junk for long term sites.
      Signature
      Be your best self. - Darryl Philbin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10443859].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author floydarthur
    @Yukon, with your comment "So explain why dafont.com, pinterest.com, etc... rank so many pages when they have zero unique content. "
    - I think it's because many people are using the site and stays more than a minute and browsed many pages. Based on my observation, long quality content (or lots of words) is a big factor and not necessarily quality content.

    Forum post I think is good for the forum owner

    Did someone noticed that almost every day, first page on search results differs?

    BTW, is there anyone knows the better way to move up the domain and page authority?


    Thanks!

    Floyd Arthur
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10443910].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Originally Posted by floydarthur View Post

      @Yukon, with your comment "So explain why dafont.com, pinterest.com, etc... rank so many pages when they have zero unique content. "
      - I think it's because many people are using the site and stays more than a minute and browsed many pages. Based on my observation, long quality content (or lots of words) is a big factor and not necessarily quality content.
      Nope, it's the followed backlinks ranking pages.






      Originally Posted by floydarthur View Post

      Forum post I think is good for the forum owner
      Sure, a forum owner can never have enough spam. We're talking links for SEO here, folks dropping links don't care about the content quality. Besides, most of it is bots blasting links. The folks blasting links don't visit the forums.
      Signature
      Be your best self. - Darryl Philbin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10443929].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tim3
        Blimey, this thread got some mileage.
        After going all around the houses we are back to...

        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        Nope, it's the followed backlinks ranking pages.
        There you go Floyd, that's how to rank on search engines in a nutshell.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10444484].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author floydarthur
    Are there any cool/effective strategy to get good backlinks? Thanks!

    Floyd Arthur
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10499404].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paladinseo
    pbn's are the way to go, this is the latest trend
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10499466].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
    Some people talk about "broken link building". You find an article that's vanished, create a replacement, and contact the authority sites that had links to the original in the hopes that they'll find yours as a suitable "replacement".

    Blogger or industry outreach might be effective as long as you've got some solid content. Maybe even guest blogging if you can get to sites that are big enough. Good old link bait will never stop working.

    I'd see if there's any decent directories that are either local or in a suitable niche. Prepare to pay for the good ones.

    Then there's always your circle of contacts, friends, associates, alumni, industry groups or whatever applies to your situation. Don't forget to interlink your existing web properties.

    You know, the same old. There's also several other tactics such as PBN's, buying links, and artificially building links that are still at least somewhat effective.

    If you want a huge list of pointers try John Cooper's list. I would not probably agree on everything there, but that should give you some new ideas.
    Signature
    Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
    Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

    What's your excuse?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10500383].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics