Register Blogs Advertise with usHelp Desk Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 03:44 AM   #601
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Julia Andersson's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 149
Thanks: 32
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post

As far as I know askloz, the rules state quite clearly that you can only reveal gross earnings and not earnings for individual sites. However if I was to say I am nearly 10% of the way to hitting my target then maybe people can get some idea.. I have a long way to go but progress is being made.
LOL, I was a little slow on the uptake here... I just realised what you meant by this. Of course, you're only allowed one adsense account (unless you have another one in a business name that can receive checks) and of course your adsense account probably has 20 or more sites containing adsense so your gross earnings includes all those other sites... it's a bit hard to show income from one site under those circumstances.

However, would you be able to show gross earnings for a group of channels? (i.e. the ones for the site)

BTW, I love your site too. I like the way you have the entry page set up. Do you generally recommend having a static page as your entry page?

Also, do you have adsense set up to alternate block formats at the top of certain pages? Just that I visited a page and it had the banner size unit at the top of the page but when I reloaded the same page I got one of those square units and when I reloaded again it reverted to the banner size unit. It kinda baffled me that the same page had two different sized ad units at different loads. I don't know whether that's supposed to happen or whether maxbannerads is making a boo boo.

Julia Andersson is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 04:07 AM   #602
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 79
Thanked 429 Times in 216 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

It's all part of the testing process Julia.. I generally use staic front pages on my blogs except for blogs like my 100 bucks challenge blog which is more news based. For this I use a dynamic front page for latest information to show up.

Originally Posted by Julia Andersson View Post

LOL, I was a little slow on the uptake here... I just realised what you meant by this. Of course, you're only allowed one adsense account (unless you have another one in a business name that can receive checks) and of course your adsense account probably has 20 or more sites containing adsense so your gross earnings includes all those other sites... it's a bit hard to show income from one site under those circumstances.

However, would you be able to show gross earnings for a group of channels? (i.e. the ones for the site)

BTW, I love your site too. I like the way you have the entry page set up. Do you generally recommend having a static page as your entry page?

Also, do you have adsense set up to alternate block formats at the top of certain pages? Just that I visited a page and it had the banner size unit at the top of the page but when I reloaded the same page I got one of those square units and when I reloaded again it reverted to the banner size unit. It kinda baffled me that the same page had two different sized ad units at different loads. I don't know whether that's supposed to happen or whether maxbannerads is making a boo boo.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 07:32 AM   #603
Susan Velez
War Room Member
 
usfemail's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 563
Thanks: 61
Thanked 113 Times in 67 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

what is the name of your site so I can take a look at it and see how you have set up your blog.

Thanks

Susan
usfemail is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 08:04 AM   #604
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: , , Canada.
Posts: 382
Thanks: 17
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Steve,
I don't know if you have mentioned already but I have a question. Are you using Firepow and bookmarking deamon?

Thanks
Oling

Learn More About Me later...
Oling is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 10:35 AM   #605
27dollarfxsystems.com
War Room Member
 
askloz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 2,757
Thanks: 156
Thanked 279 Times in 215 Posts
Blog Entries: 3
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

arh ha, that makes perfect sense. And definitely advisable.
I dont remember him saying that, no, this thread is rather LARGE and haven't been reading all of them - bit busy doing other stuff

cheers

Originally Posted by Julia Andersson View Post

Hey Loz

I think it might be a little difficult to actually give adsense figures at the moment because Steve only added the code a few days ago.

Remember he originally said he wasn't putting the code in immediately because he wanted to get reasonable traffic first...now that he has over 100 visitors per day he feels able to add the code. But yeah, it's been less than a week so I think patience is called for before we start expecting actual figures.

askloz is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 10:44 AM   #606
27dollarfxsystems.com
War Room Member
 
askloz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 2,757
Thanks: 156
Thanked 279 Times in 215 Posts
Blog Entries: 3
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

HI Steve,

I've contacted Adsense and you are allowed to show the adsense earnings, one is just not allowed to show the CTR, Impressions and Clicks made. Just the total. Section 7 below is a little vague on what they mean, so I asked them about it.
https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms

If they have changed it, then they need to update their terms since this was made back in 2008, Feb, 25th.

Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post

As far as I know askloz, the rules state quite clearly that you can only reveal gross earnings and not earnings for individual sites. However if I was to say I am nearly 10% of the way to hitting my target then maybe people can get some idea.. I have a long way to go but progress is being made.

askloz is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 11:01 AM   #607
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 79
Thanked 429 Times in 216 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Loz, yes of course you are allowed to show adsense earnings but only Gross adsense earnings, not per site, per channel or anything else but gross earnings. If you have other information then please tell us the name of who you contacted and a copy of the email where it states different.

Originally Posted by askloz View Post

HI Steve,

I've contacted Adsense and you are allowed to show the adsense earnings, one is just not allowed to show the CTR, Impressions and Clicks made. Just the total. Section 7 below is a little vague on what they mean, so I asked them about it.
https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms

If they have changed it, then they need to update their terms since this was made back in 2008, Feb, 25th.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 12:35 PM   #608
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 223
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Did I miss it? Has the URL for this test site been posted in this thread?
bannor32 is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 12:35 PM   #609
27dollarfxsystems.com
War Room Member
 
askloz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 2,757
Thanks: 156
Thanked 279 Times in 215 Posts
Blog Entries: 3
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

sorry Steve, you're mistaken...

I dont have the email any more, that kind of information is not hard for me to forget - I'm afraid you'll have to contact them about it.

The terms have not been updated since 2008, Feb, and it clearly does not state individual sites, or gross, etc.

If you already contacted them about it and they say it's not allowed, that's just their view on it and not the actual TOS terms - it's probably something that they will end up doing, but in the mean time, the TOS does not state that...

There was an issue about this before about placing ads under the title of a page, ppl were still doing this until they updated the terms, which was perfectly fine according to the Adsense Staff.

Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post

Loz, yes of course you are allowed to show adsense earnings but only Gross adsense earnings, not per site, per channel or anything else but gross earnings. If you have other information then please tell us the name of who you contacted and a copy of the email where it states different.

askloz is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 12:44 PM   #610
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Rhia's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 189
Thanks: 14
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Julia Andersson View Post

BTW, I love your site too. I like the way you have the entry page set up. Do you generally recommend having a static page as your entry page?
Somehow I missed your site url ... Steve would you mind posting again please thanks
Rhia is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 12:53 PM   #611
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 79
Thanked 429 Times in 216 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Loz, I am not mistaken and it is very clear this is the current TOS and it is very clear in what it says:

7. Confidentiality. You agree not to disclose Google Confidential Information without Google's prior written consent. "Google Confidential Information" includes without limitation: (a) all Google software, technology, programming, specifications, materials, guidelines and documentation relating to the Program; (b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Property performance in the Program provided to You by Google; and (c) any other information designated in writing by Google as "Confidential" or an equivalent designation. However, You may accurately disclose the amount of Google’s gross payments to You pursuant to the Program. Google Confidential Information does not include information that has become publicly known through no breach by You or Google, or information that has been (i) independently developed without access to Google Confidential Information, as evidenced in writing; (ii) rightfully received by You from a third party; or (iii) required to be disclosed by law or by a governmental authority.
If you can't provide actual proof of what you are saying then how do you expect anyone to believe what you are saying?

I have written to google for clarification on this issue and I am waiting for a reply. Loz, I have an idea, why don't you start a new thread on here and detail your adsense earnings for just one of your sites or channels?

Originally Posted by askloz View Post

sorry Steve, you're mistaken...

I dont have the email any more, that kind of information is not hard for me to forget - I'm afraid you'll have to contact them about it.

The terms have not been updated since 2008, Feb, and it clearly does not state individual sites, or gross, etc.

If you already contacted them about it and they say it's not allowed, that's just their view on it and not the actual TOS terms - it's probably something that they will end up doing, but in the mean time, the TOS does not state that...

There was an issue about this before about placing ads under the title of a page, ppl were still doing this until they updated the terms, which was perfectly fine according to the Adsense Staff.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 12:59 PM   #612
Susan Velez
War Room Member
 
usfemail's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 563
Thanks: 61
Thanked 113 Times in 67 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Has anyone posted the site that Steve is working on to get to the $100 a day? I am getting ready to start a new blog and would love to get a look at what his layout is to give me some ideas for my new blog I am going to start tomorrow.

Thanks
usfemail is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 01:03 PM   #613
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 79
Thanked 429 Times in 216 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi usfemail, I suggest you read the very first message in this thread for your answer..

Originally Posted by usfemail View Post

Has anyone posted the site that Steve is working on to get to the $100 a day? I am getting ready to start a new blog and would love to get a look at what his layout is to give me some ideas for my new blog I am going to start tomorrow.

Thanks

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 01:18 PM   #614
27dollarfxsystems.com
War Room Member
 
askloz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 2,757
Thanks: 156
Thanked 279 Times in 215 Posts
Blog Entries: 3
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post

Loz, I am not mistaken and it is very clear this is the current TOS and it is very clear in what it says:
It's not clear, it says you are not allowed to show the CTR. Everybody knows that Google is very vague in their terms. Hence why they ask you to contact them.


Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post

If you can't provide actual proof of what you are saying then how do you expect anyone to believe what you are saying?
You've gone on the basis of assumption, thinking you're correct before even contacting them...

Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post

I have written to google for clarification on this issue and I am waiting for a reply. Loz, I have an idea, why don't you start a new thread on here and detail your adsense earnings for just one of your sites or channels?
I don't need to, I've proven my point with my members who have watched my Adsense Igniter Videos - ranked in first place.

Those earnings are somewhat less now, since a lot of things have changed with the ranking algorithm, but still rather high.

askloz is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 01:29 PM   #615
VIP Warrior
War Room Member
 
Kay King's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 22,071
Thanks: 24,018
Thanked 21,575 Times in 10,379 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Using a url channel for your blog, I'd think google would approve of giving gross income for that site as a whole. We see it done on sites/blogs for sale and often in posts here with no problems reported. By using the word "gross" google prevents site owners from doing the division themselves and reporting income/click for a site in an effort to circumvent the other restrictions on what can be revealed.

Always good to ask - but I do hope they will allow you to report income for this domain month by month.

kay
Kay King is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 01:32 PM   #616
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 79
Thanked 429 Times in 216 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Loz, we will have to agree to disagree on this, I am not making assumptions, it's very clear, you can only reveal GROSS income pertaining to your account, it is in their TOS in black and white. Until I actually have proof and not hearsay, I will only make indications about how well the adsense is doing and that is that. Feel free to reveal your site earnings if you are that confident though.

Originally Posted by askloz View Post

It's not clear, it says you are not allowed to show the CTR. Everybody knows that Google is very vague in their terms. Hence why they ask you to contact them.




You've gone on the basis of assumption, thinking you're correct before even contacting them...



I don't need to, I've proven my point with my members who have watched my Adsense Igniter Videos - ranked in first place.

Those earnings are somewhat less now, since a lot of things have changed with the ranking algorithm, but still rather high.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 01:38 PM   #617
27dollarfxsystems.com
War Room Member
 
askloz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 2,757
Thanks: 156
Thanked 279 Times in 215 Posts
Blog Entries: 3
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Steve, don't want to argue with you bro, you made an assumption before contacting them, now you have, you can see if your assumption is correct when they reply.

It's not in black and white, it clearly states CTR. The property performance refers to ecmp, impressions and clicks, not earnings.

A lot of people show their earnings for their individual sites, John Ledger is a prime example. And he of all people knows what's ok and what is not. Even Joel Comm, and others who know Adsense inside out.

Any ways, it's been this way for years since I've been with them and never had a problem.

I have revealed my earnings, its clear as day on my adsense igniter website $30K+ earnings in 2 weeks.

askloz is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 01:39 PM   #618
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 79
Thanked 429 Times in 216 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Kay, if and when I see proof of this, I will do whatever is allowed. I am starting to sound like a scratched record on this and I don't want this thread to become a debate on what google allows and doesn't allow. I understand people's desire to see everything but I can only operate within the rules and I can't get bogged down in the semantics of google's TOS. This is a tough challenge and I have already stated that I am around 10% of the way to reaching my targets



Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

Using a url channel for your blog, I'd think google would approve of giving gross income for that site as a whole. We see it done on sites/blogs for sale and often in posts here with no problems reported. By using the word "gross" google prevents site owners from doing the division themselves and reporting income/click for a site in an effort to circumvent the other restrictions on what can be revealed.

Always good to ask - but I do hope they will allow you to report income for this domain month by month.

kay

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 01:46 PM   #619
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 79
Thanked 429 Times in 216 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Can you provide us with some links to John ledger's and Joel Comm's individual sites earnings please Loz?

Originally Posted by askloz View Post

Steve, don't want to argue with you bro, you made an assumption before contacting them, now you have, you can see if your assumption is correct when they reply.

It's not in black and white, it clearly states CTR. The property performance refers to ecmp, impressions and clicks, not earnings.

A lot of people show their earnings for their individual sites, John Ledger is a prime example. And he of all people knows what's ok and what is not. Even Joel Comm, and others who know Adsense inside out.

Any ways, it's been this way for years since I've been with them and never had a problem.

I have revealed my earnings, its clear as day on my adsense igniter website $30K+ earnings in 2 weeks.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 02:40 PM   #620
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
32paul52's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2004
Location: , , New Zealand.
Posts: 551
Thanks: 9
Thanked 32 Times in 30 Posts
Blog Entries: 4
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

this one; Make money with Google AdSense with Joel Comm's free book is as good as any...I guess...........

32paul52 is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 02:45 PM   #621
VIP Warrior
War Room Member
 
Kay King's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 22,071
Thanks: 24,018
Thanked 21,575 Times in 10,379 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Steve -

Wasn't arguing as I fully agree with sticking to the letter of the TOS - anything less is foolish. I'm enjoying your blog, by the way.

kay
Kay King is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 03:11 PM   #622
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 79
Thanked 429 Times in 216 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Paul, as far as I can see the screenshot on Joels' site shows gross earnings and not earnings for one site which is exactly right according to the Adsense TOS. There is a fundamental difference here.

Originally Posted by 32paul52 View Post

this one; Make money with Google AdSense with Joel Comm's free book is as good as any...I guess...........

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 03:13 PM   #623
27dollarfxsystems.com
War Room Member
 
askloz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 2,757
Thanks: 156
Thanked 279 Times in 215 Posts
Blog Entries: 3
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

sorry mate, you'll have to run a search for them yourself, I'm not sure of the exact location of the url... it'll take me approx 20 minutes or so to wade through his posts - Jon's got heaps there... and I'm kinda tied up right now bud on a few projects...

askloz is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 03:14 PM   #624
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 79
Thanked 429 Times in 216 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

No worries Kay, I know you are not arguing and if nothing else maybe a new debate should start on another thread about the ins and outs of google's TOS. Far to many people are losing their accounts because of not taking enough care with the rules.

Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

Steve -

Wasn't arguing as I fully agree with sticking to the letter of the TOS - anything less is foolish. I'm enjoying your blog, by the way.

kay

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 8th Feb 2009, 11:24 PM   #625
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 18
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Stephen,

You’ve inspired me to take massive action!! Thank you so much for the contribution you have made to the online community!

I have a question, I have spent a day and half looking for a niche following your instructions and the best one I have found has the following stats

Average CPC: $8.07
842,000 google results
5400 approx searches
content would be fairly easy to deliver


With these figures in mind, would it be a good niche to use as my 3 month challenge?

Thank you for your time, its much appreciated.
brixxyx is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 12:15 AM   #626
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 79
Thanked 429 Times in 216 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Go for it! It looks good, so long as you can find a lot of good related keywords and article ideas then it looks like a good one. However, just because I am stupid enough to try and do this in 3 months doesn't mean you have to. Ideally you should give yourself more time, 3 months is doable but its a real slog.


Originally Posted by brixxyx View Post

Hi Stephen,

You’ve inspired me to take massive action!! Thank you so much for the contribution you have made to the online community!

I have a question, I have spent a day and half looking for a niche following your instructions and the best one I have found has the following stats

Average CPC: $8.07
842,000 google results
5400 approx searches
content would be fairly easy to deliver


With these figures in mind, would it be a good niche to use as my 3 month challenge?

Thank you for your time, its much appreciated.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 12:32 AM   #627
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Julia Andersson's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 149
Thanks: 32
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post

Go for it! It looks good, so long as you can find a lot of good related keywords and article ideas then it looks like a good one. However, just because I am stupid enough to try and do this in 3 months doesn't mean you have to. Ideally you should give yourself more time, 3 months is doable but its a real slog.
Steve is right on this. I've been following along with this since the start (He started the thread not long after I joined warrior forums). I'm following his blueprint so to speak but so far I have only done my keyword research, purchased my domain, set up wordpress. Right at this moment (well, apart from posting here LOL) I'm in wordpress formatting everything. After that I'll add the site to my google webmaster tools account... that way I'll get indexed super quick. I also have a couple of articles ready to go up on ezinearticles.

I went to Webmaster Forum - Internet Marketing & Search Engine Forums and found a guy who can write many of my articles (using US terminology which is VERY different to here in Australia).

Unlike Steve I have also looked in to other monetization options through affiliate programs so I have some of those in place also.

I'm almost at the point where I can start posting articles.

As you can see I'm not rushing things here... heck, I can't because I have limited time to spend on it with my day job and looking after my family.

So don't stress yourself too much... it doesn't have to be done superquick.

Julia Andersson is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 12:53 AM   #628
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 79
Thanked 429 Times in 216 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Spot on Julia, in fact it has just occurred to me that people following this thread might be thinking they have to do this in 3 months or they are failing. Wrong! I am attempting this just to see what is possible when you work hard at it, that is the challenge. Ideally, this should be something that you do as a progressive thing.

This is a huge difference to procrastinating and putting things off, so long as you are taking a step forward every day or whenever you have time then you will succeed. It might be your goal is $5, $10, $20, $100 or maybe even a $1000 a day, the point is, it is the steps and the action that are the important components here and not how quick you do it.

It is all about planning and then taking action on that plan. So if your plan is to earn $20 a day from one blog or 2 blogs or maybe even 3 blogs then you can use the same steps, you just have to modify the plan accordingly.

Originally Posted by Julia Andersson View Post

Steve is right on this. I've been following along with this since the start (He started the thread not long after I joined warrior forums). I'm following his blueprint so to speak but so far I have only done my keyword research, purchased my domain, set up wordpress. Right at this moment (well, apart from posting here LOL) I'm in wordpress formatting everything. After that I'll add the site to my google webmaster tools account... that way I'll get indexed super quick. I also have a couple of articles ready to go up on ezinearticles.

I went to Webmaster Forum - Internet Marketing & Search Engine Forums and found a guy who can write many of my articles (using US terminology which is VERY different to here in Australia).

Unlike Steve I have also looked in to other monetization options through affiliate programs so I have some of those in place also.

I'm almost at the point where I can start posting articles.

As you can see I'm not rushing things here... heck, I can't because I have limited time to spend on it with my day job and looking after my family.

So don't stress yourself too much... it doesn't have to be done superquick.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 01:32 AM   #629
Warrior Rocker
War Room Member
 
Craig Fenton's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Jefferson Airplane Land
Posts: 852
Thanks: 495
Thanked 96 Times in 78 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Steve:

Thanks for the post and best of luck. Please update us not only on the good (I am rooting for you) or the bad (let's hope none of that) but if you have to make any adjustments along the way.

Have a fantastic Monday.


Craig Fenton is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 01:49 AM   #630
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 36
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Thanks for letting us in on your journey. I'm learning a ton by reading all of the comments.

I'm looking at your blog now.
webbizwidgets is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 03:15 AM   #631
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Julia Andersson's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 149
Thanks: 32
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Thanks Steve. I'm looking at it as a progressive thing. Initially I'd just like to see myself reaching adsense payout EVERY month which basically means earning $3 per day.

Ultimately I'd like to earn at least $100 per day. I should be able to do that within 6-12 months with the blog I'm currently building because the niche has a MASSIVE average CPC (I've got a list of 55 long tail keywords with an average CPC over $28)... at that rate I'd probably only need 10-15 clicks per day to hit $100. Once I've reached that level I can duplicate the efforts with another blog to make it $200 a day and so on. Can you imagine having four or five blogs all earning at least $100 per day? That would be too cool!

Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post

Spot on Julia, in fact it has just occurred to me that people following this thread might be thinking they have to do this in 3 months or they are failing. Wrong! I am attempting this just to see what is possible when you work hard at it, that is the challenge. Ideally, this should be something that you do as a progressive thing.

This is a huge difference to procrastinating and putting things off, so long as you are taking a step forward every day or whenever you have time then you will succeed. It might be your goal is $5, $10, $20, $100 or maybe even a $1000 a day, the point is, it is the steps and the action that are the important components here and not how quick you do it.

It is all about planning and then taking action on that plan. So if your plan is to earn $20 a day from one blog or 2 blogs or maybe even 3 blogs then you can use the same steps, you just have to modify the plan accordingly.

Julia Andersson is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 03:44 AM   #632
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 79
Thanked 429 Times in 216 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Julia, please don't think I am trying to burst your bubble or anything because I really don't want to and your enthusiasm is fantastic. However I should point out that even those figures of $28 per click are impressive and they really are, the reality is that for content sites we never see anywhere near those sorts of payouts and especially after google take their cut as well.

You should use the figure as an indicator of how lucrative the niche is and yours obviously is. That said you should get clicks between $1 to $2 with the occasional fluctuation either higher or lower than that.

Originally Posted by Julia Andersson View Post

Thanks Steve. I'm looking at it as a progressive thing. Initially I'd just like to see myself reaching adsense payout EVERY month which basically means earning $3 per day.

Ultimately I'd like to earn at least $100 per day. I should be able to do that within 6-12 months with the blog I'm currently building because the niche has a MASSIVE average CPC (I've got a list of 55 long tail keywords with an average CPC over $28)... at that rate I'd probably only need 10-15 clicks per day to hit $100. Once I've reached that level I can duplicate the efforts with another blog to make it $200 a day and so on. Can you imagine having four or five blogs all earning at least $100 per day? That would be too cool!

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 04:06 AM   #633
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Julia Andersson's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 149
Thanks: 32
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

*POP* <chuckle>

Whatever, it really doesn't matter that much... Like I say, I'd be happy to just hit payout every month for now.

Question though... what is a good CTR? 5%? 10%? 20%? What? Any idea at what point google would suspect foul play (like specifically asking people to click adsense)

The site in my sig only has a CTR between 1-2% but then I notice a lot of the links are about winning things... but not necessarily electronics items so they only have limited relevance which could explain why people are not clicking them all that much.

Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post

Hi Julia, please don't think I am trying to burst your bubble or anything because I really don't want to and your enthusiasm is fantastic. However I should point out that even those figures of $28 per click are impressive and they really are, the reality is that for content sites we never see anywhere near those sorts of payouts and especially after google take their cut as well.

You should use the figure as an indicator of how lucrative the niche is and yours obviously is. That said you should get clicks between $1 to $2 with the occasional fluctuation either higher or lower than that.

Julia Andersson is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 04:40 AM   #634
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 79
Thanked 429 Times in 216 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Anywhere around 10% is good in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Julia Andersson View Post

*POP* <chuckle>

Whatever, it really doesn't matter that much... Like I say, I'd be happy to just hit payout every month for now.

Question though... what is a good CTR? 5%? 10%? 20%? What? Any idea at what point google would suspect foul play (like specifically asking people to click adsense)

The site in my sig only has a CTR between 1-2% but then I notice a lot of the links are about winning things... but not necessarily electronics items so they only have limited relevance which could explain why people are not clicking them all that much.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 06:04 AM   #635
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 37
Thanks: 15
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

but what is the site you are doing this with. I am doing the same thing. and u can see what i am doing. it is in my signature. u will be able to guess it.

anand0412 is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 06:16 AM   #636
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 317
Thanks: 1
Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Steve,

Nice thread, wish you success.

I understand your using bookmarkdemon for backlinks, from my research
most bookmarking sites use the nofollow tag, doesn't this drastically
reduce the effectiveness of bookmarkdemon.

thanks.
Jeremy123 is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 06:17 AM   #637
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 79
Thanked 429 Times in 216 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Anand, I have explained already that I want the results to be as natural as possible and I don't want the results skewed, otherwise the challenge is pointless.

Originally Posted by anand0412 View Post

but what is the site you are doing this with. I am doing the same thing. and u can see what i am doing. it is in my signature. u will be able to guess it.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 07:39 AM   #638
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
bgmacaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Atlanta GA Metro Area, USA.
Posts: 3,621
Thanks: 306
Thanked 917 Times in 637 Posts
Blog Entries: 5
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Julia Andersson View Post

Ultimately I'd like to earn at least $100 per day. I should be able to do that within 6-12 months with the blog I'm currently building because the niche has a MASSIVE average CPC (I've got a list of 55 long tail keywords with an average CPC over $28)... at that rate I'd probably only need 10-15 clicks per day to hit $100.
As Steve indicated, there are a few things that you need to be aware of.

First, in the content network, there are fewer of these higher paying ads simply because people who buy these expensive Adwords generally decide not to advertise in the content network. This is because they've been warned against doing so by certain experts. This means that out here we get $1-2 clicks while Google has the $28 clicks.

Also, remember that typically you'll only see about 1/8 to 1/4 of what the advertiser pays. So if the Google Adwords tool shows $28 you're likely to get $4-6, if that.

Another factor is that Google will serve you cheap ads at first and, if their stats show that your site is converting well for advertisers, they'll gradually increase the value of the ads served to your account and sites. The downside is that if you aren't converting you get smart priced.

But, don't despair, you will get high dollar clicks from time to time. Occasionally a newbie to Adwords will pay too much for ads and will drive up the price per click. Sometimes a bidding war on a particular keyword will erupt. Basically it will vary but expect things to be on the low side for the most part and just be pleasantly surprised when you get a $20 click.

bgmacaw is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 07:48 AM   #639
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
bgmacaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Atlanta GA Metro Area, USA.
Posts: 3,621
Thanks: 306
Thanked 917 Times in 637 Posts
Blog Entries: 5
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Jeremy123 View Post

I understand your using bookmarkdemon for backlinks, from my research
most bookmarking sites use the nofollow tag, doesn't this drastically
reduce the effectiveness of bookmarkdemon.
The main reason to use Bookmarking Demon is for indexing and activity. Google's algorithms take note of the activity even if they don't count the link for scoring purposes. The 'bot also seems to follow nofollow links for the purpose of indexing, if not scoring.

So, let's say Steve does a new post on "Cruise Ship Deals in Monaco". It could be hours or days before Googlebot notices it when it re-spiders the site. If he does a bookmarking run, this time could be shortened to just a few minutes. Since it's new content from an active blog it will often be placed high in search results for a few days before dropping back. At that point, any dofollow links will kick in as the post seeks it's natural level in results.

bgmacaw is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to bgmacaw For This Useful Post:
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 08:58 AM   #640
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Started following this thread yesterday...Can't get enough...Great info!!!..Thanks sooo much!!!!
Can anyone here direct me to a successful blog so I can get an idea what to look for?
That would be a big help.
Thanks a lot!
Desperado.
Desperado is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 09:20 AM   #641
freecashman
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Great info being discussed here. You are showing an exact plan. That is great.

freecashman is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 10:07 AM   #642
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

New to your web site and amazed with your thread - Many thanks
genesis55 is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 10:28 AM   #643
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Just read through the whole thread. Just had to post to say thanks.

This is a great step by step system.
redchameleon is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 11:00 AM   #644
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 317
Thanks: 1
Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

thanks bgmacaw

good to know google still follows nofollow for indexing
Jeremy123 is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 11:33 AM   #645
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I can just barely wait for your next post. This is interesting stuff to the extreme. Your get an A+.
Conrad Blomberg is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 11:47 AM   #646
ɹoıɹɹɐʍ ǝʌıʇɔɐɹǝdʎɥ
War Room Member
 
RobinInTexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,090
Thanks: 238
Thanked 459 Times in 387 Posts
Blog Entries: 3
Post
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Thanks for this series and doing the The $100 a day Adsense Challenge blog.
I just noticed it today and will be following you closely here and on the blog.

Robin


...Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just set there.
RobinInTexas is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 02:19 PM   #647
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 223
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I know that you aren't going to reveal the domain of your blog, but can you give us details on your Adsense layout? Just curious where on the page you've placed your Adsense blocks, which block sizes you used, link colors blended or contrasting etc. I'm very interested to see how this turns out. Thanks so much for posting this experiment.
bannor32 is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 02:40 PM   #648
Elite Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Louis Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 2,908
Thanks: 211
Thanked 64 Times in 50 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hey Steve,

The most interesting part of this challenge for me is to not only see if you get to $100 but to see how much you make at the early stages etc.

I know you can't reveal clicks and CPC etc but maybe you can show us some averages per 100 visitors or something?

For every article you acquire does it go on both the site and directories or one or the other? I would use them on both but make sure the directories are indexed with it first because they have more PR love and would get more traffic.

Also, I understand you're now making money with it, but is it consistent?

Thanks,
Louis

Louis Raven is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 09:26 PM   #649
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 317
Thanks: 1
Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

has anyone really seen an increase in earnings because of section targeting
Jeremy123 is offline  
Unread 9th Feb 2009, 09:54 PM   #650
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Julia Andersson's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 149
Thanks: 32
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default
Re: Follow me to $100 a day in Adsense in 3 months from 1 blog
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Thanks BG, you have helped me here. I checked the average CPC for the keywords in the site in my sig file and the average CPC is $1.59. Your calculation of 1/8 - 1/4 is correct because I average $0.30 per click. I get the occasional click that is $1.50-$2

Anyway, if I can get $1 a click with a 5% CTR then I'd be very happy. Even with only 100 daily visitors that would average $5 a day. More than enough to get paid each month.

Ultimately I'd love to earn $100 a day but I know that it will take time to build traffic to that level.

Originally Posted by bgmacaw View Post


First, in the content network, there are fewer of these higher paying ads simply because people who buy these expensive Adwords generally decide not to advertise in the content network. This is because they've been warned against doing so by certain experts. This means that out here we get $1-2 clicks while Google has the $28 clicks.

Also, remember that typically you'll only see about 1/8 to 1/4 of what the advertiser pays. So if the Google Adwords tool shows $28 you're likely to get $4-6, if that.

Another factor is that Google will serve you cheap ads at first and, if their stats show that your site is converting well for advertisers, they'll gradually increase the value of the ads served to your account and sites. The downside is that if you aren't converting you get smart priced.

But, don't despair, you will get high dollar clicks from time to time. Occasionally a newbie to Adwords will pay too much for ads and will drive up the price per click. Sometimes a bidding war on a particular keyword will erupt. Basically it will vary but expect things to be on the low side for the most part and just be pleasantly surprised when you get a $20 click.

Julia Andersson is offline  
Closed Thread


Bookmarks

Tags
$100, $100 a day, $3000 per month, adsense, adsense income, blog, blogging for money, blogging for profit, day, follow, months


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:36 AM.