Need Urgent Info on New Affiliate Rules

1 replies
Hi,

1. Where can I find more information on the new affiliate rules. If I send out a marketing email to my list how to I indicate that it is an affiliate link without turning people off?

2. I have have had a few links in emails that came to me where I could obviously see that the link was an affiliate link, but nothing was stated that it was an affilaliate link. Is that Ok to show in that manner and not worry about specifically stating that it is an affiliate link?

3. If a friend of mine is having a seminar and I send a free ticket to my list, and I have a JV agreement with my friend so that I get some form of money from the seminar should one of my list members purchase from them. Is that the same as being an affiliate under the new regulations? And... if so how would I indicate this in my copywriting emails that I send to my list?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
#affiliate #info #rules #urgent
  • Profile picture of the author JonMills
    Originally Posted by redlake2 View Post

Hi,

1. Where can I find more information on the new affiliate rules. If I send out a marketing email to my list how to I indicate that it is an affiliate link without turning people off?

2. I have have had a few links in emails that came to me where I could obviously see that the link was an affiliate link, but nothing was stated that it was an affilaliate link. Is that Ok to show in that manner and not worry about specifically stating that it is an affiliate link?

3. If a friend of mine is having a seminar and I send a free ticket to my list, and I have a JV agreement with my friend so that I get some form of money from the seminar should one of my list members purchase from them. Is that the same as being an affiliate under the new regulations? And... if so how would I indicate this in my copywriting emails that I send to my list?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    1. Depends what type of list you have. If its internet marketing related most will know its an aff link. If its not, you can be straight up about it in each email or you can tell them once. There is no hard and set rule for this

2. Yes its ok. If you feel guilty, or think your being dishonest then be straight up about it

3. In this case I would let them know, explain you have secured a deal with a friend and that you will make a portion of commission from anyone who signs up ( again there is no hard and fast rules on this ) More than anything, it becomes a problem when all a person does is send aff links to people.. People get whiff that you may have not used the product or service or that your just flogging them.

I maintain a list but they can tell yout themselves I rarely send them anything, partly because there is a lot of crap out there not worth sending and i dont wish to use my list in a manner which is just flogging without giving them something of value.
    Signature
    http://www.thecopywriterwhisperer.com/ Persuasion at it's best!
    http://www.affiliateorganizer.com/ Organize your entire online business - Super affiliates give it the thumbs up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1819629].message }}

Trending Topics