Solid "Now" Method - Solid For Years And Now.

44 replies
The basic premise is to use "now" niches to drive tons of traffic to cpa offers. You can use email submits or zip submits. Email submits have worked the best for me, but zip submits work well geo-targeted.



Basically all you do is go to Google Trends: Oct 14, 2009 or yahoo buzz.


I like trends better because these keywords are updated hourly I believe, and if they are up in popularity that means they are getting a TON of traffic to them at this moment.


So you can either


A Pick out keyword and run a ppc campaign.



Now, these keywords will have ZERO competition, massive search amounts, and the lowest cost per click there is.


You can either direct link or make a poll page.

Ex:

Keyword (just picked) - virgin maria auxiliatrix


This keyword was in buzz with ZERO competition. All you need to do is throw up a quick poll page asking a question about the "Virgin maria auxiliatrix" and people WILL fill it out.




B.) Most of these "Now" topics have zero competition even in search engine rankings, not just ppc rankings. You can even submit a youtube video with your link, use backlink goldmine wso for a fdew links, and voila you are top five within a day or so for your keyword.


You could use a wordpress blog, or buy a .info domain. You can do this for a ton of different "now" keywords, it is instant, massive traffic.


The way I do this is use a single domain and make subdomains o off of it, unless I find a gem of a keyword I do not think will go away.


Ex: virgin-maria-auxiliatrix.mydomain.com


Just FYI.
#method #solid #years
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    Thanks for the insight. Google trends is one of the most powerful resources I use, although I do something a little differently than you.

    Thanks again!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1277679].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lemaxflo
      yes i have to agree with google trends is a great tool
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1277682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Karan Goel
    Thanks for the "Now" method!
    Signature
    Penalty Safe, Long Term, 100% Whitehat Backlinks
    Love your site? Then check out SafeSpokes!
    ~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
    karan996@irchiver.com karan997@irchiver.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1277694].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author skyparc
      You will need to invest money upfront for the PPC campaign, but this method is fundamentally solid

      skyparc
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1278000].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kenster
        Originally Posted by skyparc View Post

        You will need to invest money upfront for the PPC campaign, but this method is fundamentally solid

        skyparc


        You can pursue free methods using Google trends. I have seen somebody (probably a warrior) making YouTube videos using all the top Google Trend keywords and they are probably doing well. I'm sure they get plenty of short term traffic and some long term doing this.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1278411].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1280869].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lazavas
    any way of changing the google trends to view what trends are hot in different countries?

    thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1280903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Colton
    Heard a lot of people doing this. I need to implement it sometime soon and see how well it works out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1287285].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fox30
    Thanks for the info. I'll have to implement it. I usually research a little differently.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1287879].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bozz723
    Originally Posted by CLcrax23 View Post

    It works well. I dont do PPC stuff...I do it a bit different but the trends thing certainly works. I think the best way to go is to completely guess and hope you nail it. For example...July/August of 2008...I made a few landers with some offers on them for stupid stuff. Made one about Mitt Romney, one about That Huckabee guy, and a few others. The VP pick happened to be Palin, which happened to be one of those dark horse pages I put up. There were no other sites on her at the time...mine shot up to the top and I made a small fortune in a matter of weeks. Around $25,000 total then it got delisted for some "Google" reason so that was that.

    But if you can guess the trend and hit it, your golden. You'll miss it 90% of the time but that 10% will make it worth your efforts.

    Exactly, I had a kimbo slice site that made like 10k in a month with just email submits. I also had a bethany joy galeotti site fail miserably. However, the sharper you get the more you can pick the good niches out. If you pump out a lot of sites per week 5-10, you can make a very nice living.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1297536].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author viralim
      Originally Posted by bozz723 View Post

      Exactly, I had a kimbo slice site that made like 10k in a month with just email submits. I also had a bethany joy galeotti site fail miserably. However, the sharper you get the more you can pick the good niches out. If you pump out a lot of sites per week 5-10, you can make a very nice living.
      So do the email/zip submit offers need to relate to the topic you've chosen or is it to purely drive traffic to the site thru G Trends?
      Signature
      Viral IM WSO: Keyword research, list building, backlinking tools. 50% off storewide! Promo Code: wso50.
      Don't get slapped by Google! Identify duplicate content & keyword density. Get this simple, powerful tool!
      >> CraigsList users, here's 100 other places to place your ads for FREE! <<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1306034].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dmayne
        Originally Posted by viralim View Post

        So do the email/zip submit offers need to relate to the topic you've chosen or is it to purely drive traffic to the site thru G Trends?
        Yeah I think this is the piece most of us noobs are missing. Do you just hope someone fills it out or do you make them hop through it? If a hop - How?
        Signature
        Where to for art though my webhost my webhost
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1310764].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bozz723
        Originally Posted by viralim View Post

        So do the email/zip submit offers need to relate to the topic you've chosen or is it to purely drive traffic to the site thru G Trends?

        The offer doesn't really have to have anything to do with the topic. I use zip and email submits.


        The poll site, or survey mini site is the route of choice. For example have a snippet about kimbo slice and a poll that says " do you think kimbo slice is a good fighter" - vote yes or no and enter your zip code to get a free ipod.


        Something like that.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1321380].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author CherylJohnson
          Hi,

          I'm a complete newbie but this looks interesting.

          Do you have any links to sample polls?

          Thanks for this thread.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1338504].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
    Nice use of G Trends, thanks for sharing guys. Cool techniques even for Youtube.

    My big problem is how to get approved by CPA companies.
    Signature
    People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1297547].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cash37
    Originally Posted by CLcrax23 View Post

    It works well. I dont do PPC stuff...I do it a bit different but the trends thing certainly works. I think the best way to go is to completely guess and hope you nail it. For example...July/August of 2008...I made a few landers with some offers on them for stupid stuff. Made one about Mitt Romney, one about That Huckabee guy, and a few others. The VP pick happened to be Palin, which happened to be one of those dark horse pages I put up. There were no other sites on her at the time...mine shot up to the top and I made a small fortune in a matter of weeks. Around $25,000 total then it got delisted for some "Google" reason so that was that.

    But if you can guess the trend and hit it, your golden. You'll miss it 90% of the time but that 10% will make it worth your efforts.
    If you can "see into the future" a little you will clean up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1297565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikelively01
    anyone know of a good blueprint for setting this up, and what is the layout for the poles you use, or would content locking work if done with a compatible CPA network. Would CPM be a better way to go, just curious
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1298699].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cash37
      Originally Posted by mikelively01 View Post

      anyone know of a good blueprint for setting this up, and what is the layout for the poles you use, or would content locking work if done with a compatible CPA network. Would CPM be a better way to go, just curious
      Ways to do this:

      1. Poll method - Find a hot topic, or guess what will be hot (dont rely on Google only use twitter, etc.) throw up a yes/no poll that envokes emotion and let it run. If it breaks even or profits little, run it another day, cut your money sucking keywords and run it long as its profitable (usually not long, but wildly profitable once you get good kw's). You're going to have to make A LOT of polls and fast to see what works and what doesn't. Use your head.

      2. Content Locking - Find a product/piece of media in demand. Forum market (make a post saying you just got the file/etc from your site) and video market to get people to your site. CPALead and Blackhatcodebreaker are the software for this. Again, use your head.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1300801].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bozz723
        Originally Posted by Cash37 View Post

        Ways to do this:

        1. Poll method - Find a hot topic, or guess what will be hot (dont rely on Google only use twitter, etc.) throw up a yes/no poll that envokes emotion and let it run. If it breaks even or profits little, run it another day, cut your money sucking keywords and run it long as its profitable (usually not long, but wildly profitable once you get good kw's). You're going to have to make A LOT of polls and fast to see what works and what doesn't. Use your head.

        2. Content Locking - Find a product/piece of media in demand. Forum market (make a post saying you just got the file/etc from your site) and video market to get people to your site. CPALead and BlueFartcodebreaker are the software for this. Again, use your head.

        Right, there is some nice software called poll factory that makes polls extremely fast for this purpose, I recommend it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1304806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarkOwens
    Too bad they've limited it to the top 40 trends now. But those 40 keywords can still make you serious bank
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1338670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fors
    I have tried a lot of polls, both with completely unrelated offers like "do you think robbie william is a dick? enter email and get an ipod" and "which twilight characted is hottest? vote and get twilight tickets"

    I never get any conversions after they enter their zip/email and realize they aren't in a competition. And after about 20 conversions I always get a call from the advertiser asking me to stop pushing that offer since they aren't getting any 2nd page leads.

    The only way I can see this working is if you use incentivable zip/email submits where the advertiser isn't as strict about 2nd page conversions.

    How do you get around this?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1339430].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marhelper
    The problem I see (on the SEO side) is that most of these names and places that show up on the "Trend list" tend to have a lot of competition already. So, if you are looking to rank in a day or two it is all but impossible.

    PPC is a different story, IMO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1339854].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author divinewind
      Try using Google Insights... it's their new tool that takes it a little further than trending.. you get keyword relationship analytics and graphing
      Signature
      Friend Adding & Mass Messaging software for ANY Social Network Now with CAPTCHA SUPPORT. Full scheduling and automation, customizable actions, over 50 social networks pre-supported. Perfect for CPA Marketers and web masters!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1343419].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bozz723
      Originally Posted by Marhelper View Post

      The problem I see (on the SEO side) is that most of these names and places that show up on the "Trend list" tend to have a lot of competition already. So, if you are looking to rank in a day or two it is all but impossible.

      PPC is a different story, IMO.

      Some of them do, but at least half have zero competition. A tool like SENuke is a tremendous investment with this method if you are going to get into it deep.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1372992].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J Bold
    This method seems really cool. Seems like something you could spend an hour on a day and do well. I will have to try this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1393419].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author XRevJosh
    i totally agree google trends is a very powerful tool to find some hot search topics
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1393443].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bodmov
    that is great idea, but I think it will be possible to be slapped from the advertiser site for low quality traffic
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1393480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bozz723
    A good company is cpalead as well. They are all incentive offers, so this would work perfectly with them with absolutely no fear from any advertiser.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1393494].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bodmov
    thanks but I meant ppc company alternative to adwords, yahoo and msn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1393509].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J Bold
    Hey bozz, do you have any good templates or resources to find a template for poll pages? Care to share? I understand if you do not. Thanks, though.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1393618].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Myheavens
    Thanks guys sharing this wonderful idea...
    Signature
    I have launched New WordPress theme's Themelocation
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1393689].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455671].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kenster
      Originally Posted by KnowJack View Post

      Noob question:
      What are email submits and zip submits?

      FYI, you can always search for an answer on this forum


      But zip and email submits are when the action of an offer is the submission of an email address or zip code. If you've ever been to a page where it says ENTER YOUR EMAIL FOR A CHANCE TO WIN BLAH....BAM, thats an email submit.

      Normally payout from 50 cents to $2
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455713].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author thailanddave
        Check with your web host. The Hostgator Aluminum plan has a product called fantastico, a collection of free programs. It might be on the other hostgator plans too, I don't know for sure. It contains 3 or 4 polling software programs.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1455923].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nota-bene
    Great thread, thank you everyone. I had a domain that was struggling to find options for but this look like a winner! I will be back to let you know how I got on.

    Cheers
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1456520].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gclunis
    hmm this just gave me a very good idea for one of my current methods. you just helped me improve it :] thanks haha
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1649936].message }}

Trending Topics