What do Affiliate Managers / Network Owners expect from their Publishers

21 replies
There was an earlier thread of what makes a good affiliate manager and I was curious of the reverse. Basically what do AMs expect, like or dislike about working with Publishers. I note there are a few AMs and network owners on this forum and it would be great to get your thoughts. Ultimately this will help us as Publishers being aware of how we could better work together
#affiliate #expect #managers #network #owners #publishers
  • Profile picture of the author cdroy
    At a guess, good quality leads and no blackhat stuff
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4045574].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shaz07
    Communication and traffic quality is what we look for in our publishers. However, we try to treat everyone the same and fair, regardless of revenues.
    Signature
    Blue Track Media - Incentive Affiliate Network - Link Locker - Content Locker - v2
    Prompt Payments. Best Customer Support. Highest EPCs. Mobile Optimized. Trusted since 2009!
    Trust us, we're good, honorable people.
    Learn more about Shahzil (Shaz) Amin and Blue Track Media
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4046063].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LeadBoltBrian
    Aside from abiding by the clearly stated TOS, coming to the conversation with some thought-out questions and ideas is always appreciated. Most AM's strive to help their publishers earn more and LOVE to expand on ideas, but a general question of "how can i earn lots of money in one day" is not a good use of your time.

    Doing your initial research and having a solid foundation to work off of shows great respect for your campaigns. And makes your AM all smiles
    Signature

    Skype/AIM: LeadBoltBrian
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4046109].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author POFBen
      If we give you a gangster tip to help your campaigns, don't take more than a week to implement
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4046317].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jit Lim
        Originally Posted by POFBen View Post

        If we give you a gangster tip to help your campaigns, don't take more than a week to implement
        Thanks Ben, I've been guilty of that myself. Got to take the action!
        Signature
        "Take Inspired Action!"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4048552].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jit Lim
      Originally Posted by LeadBoltBrian View Post

      Aside from abiding by the clearly stated TOS, coming to the conversation with some thought-out questions and ideas is always appreciated. Most AM's strive to help their publishers earn more and LOVE to expand on ideas, but a general question of "how can i earn lots of money in one day" is not a good use of your time.

      Doing your initial research and having a solid foundation to work off of shows great respect for your campaigns. And makes your AM all smiles
      Thanks Brian, good point in terms of being prepared so that we are not wasting everyone's time.
      Signature
      "Take Inspired Action!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4048541].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikepac
    communication is right and loyalty if we have a good relationship give me a chance before you jump ship for a nickel more payout
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4047094].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4047315].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jit Lim
      Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

      Quality leads
      That is so true Chris, your advertisers will be the one paying both of us commissions at the end of the day.
      Signature
      "Take Inspired Action!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4048562].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CPAPublishers
    High traffic is a plus but even if you are just starting out, then finding out what verticals work best for you and giving this information to your AM is great and helps both sides out
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4047955].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jit Lim
      Originally Posted by CPAPublishers View Post

      High traffic is a plus but even if you are just starting out, then finding out what verticals work best for you and giving this information to your AM is great and helps both sides out
      Thanks, this is a very good tip for newbies starting out to establish the relationship between both parties.
      Signature
      "Take Inspired Action!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4048568].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author faceblogger
    Quality Traffic!
    Signature

    no sig

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4048360].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dragoncpa
    No fraud and good quality leads
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4049517].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeMorgan
    1. Affiliate managers want you to drive them quality traffic

    2. They also need your honesty

    3. Above all , They hate fraudsters very much
    Signature
    CPA Game Changer - Coming Very Soon !

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4049536].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xinhaozhai
    yes,quality traffic and leads!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4050990].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shantiz
    1. Volume
    2. Quality Leads
    3. ???
    4. Profit

    Signature
    RAR Media | Content Locking
    - Low Earnings? Huge Traffic? MAXIMIZE Earnings with RMG
    - 100% Fully Customizable Gateway With CSS
    - High Converting/Top Paying Offers

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4060615].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author COPEAC Steve
      Great thread, some issues / hurdles I've had to climb over when working with publishers:

      Responsiveness: We all know sometimes things can happen in a split second, tracking issues, redirects, down time, capped out offers...If you're doing serious volume with a network, give us a few different outlets we can reach out to, cell phone, home phone, g-chat, ETC...the last thing networks want to do is surprise publishers and have it impact their ROI and traffic so the more ways we can communicate with you the better.

      Expectations: Past threads have gone into detail about how each publisher looks and views their AM differently as far as the role he or she should play when speaking, helping publishers. Let us know exactly what you want from us. Much easier to provide you with what you want when we have it straight from you (IE: weekly updates about new offers, information on new sources, leave me alone after 6 PM because i spend time with my family, whatever it may be just let us know)

      Those are the big two for me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4061108].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author crystalDMP
        1. Lots of quality leads.
        2. No fraud!
        3. Respond when we inquire about traffic.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4065612].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jit Lim
        Originally Posted by COPEAC Steve View Post

        Great thread, some issues / hurdles I've had to climb over when working with publishers:

        Responsiveness: We all know sometimes things can happen in a split second, tracking issues, redirects, down time, capped out offers...If you're doing serious volume with a network, give us a few different outlets we can reach out to, cell phone, home phone, g-chat, ETC...the last thing networks want to do is surprise publishers and have it impact their ROI and traffic so the more ways we can communicate with you the better.

        Expectations: Past threads have gone into detail about how each publisher looks and views their AM differently as far as the role he or she should play when speaking, helping publishers. Let us know exactly what you want from us. Much easier to provide you with what you want when we have it straight from you (IE: weekly updates about new offers, information on new sources, leave me alone after 6 PM because i spend time with my family, whatever it may be just let us know)

        Those are the big two for me.
        Steve, thanks for the great feedback.

        I take your point on responsiveness. Being an international affiliate, its a lot tougher due to timezone differences but I have found many AMs accommodating once you get to know them. I also found out recently that my local phone number was not reachable from US for some reason or other, so ended up with a US number using Skype and that worked well when AMs needed to reach me.

        Good point on expectations "Let us know exactly what you want from us". I found out some great offers from my AM through asking these questions.

        Thanks
        Signature
        "Take Inspired Action!"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4066782].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fresh Ads
    Honest, Hardworking, and the biggest- Willing To Implement Advice
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4071540].message }}

Trending Topics