How did you learn CPA Marketing?

by mog320
49 replies
Two questions here.

1) How did you first learn the basics of CPA marketing getting started?

a) on your own
b) ebook or course
c) 1 one 1 coaching
d) private forum
e) public forum
f) other

Feel free to give specific names of courses, coaching, forums, etc.

2) What gave you the biggest leap in earnings from the basics to full time or making what you felt was a decent income?

a) on your own
b) ebook or course
c) 1 one 1 coaching
d) private forum
e) public forum
f) other

Thanks
#cpa #learn #marketing
  • Profile picture of the author DevidKing
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7066005].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mog320
      Originally Posted by DevidKing View Post

      Dear ! there are various modes of learning, either you can learn from net , or through books , or through any professionals, it depends on the mode on which you are comfortable.
      Yes. There are many ways to learn. I am just interested to know how others have learned cpa marketing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7066601].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MilkerFocus
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7066622].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Brayan1
          Originally Posted by MilkerFocus View Post

          For what? You need to focus on yourself.
          If you want to be better, you need to learn more.
          If you think you can not really learn it by yourself,
          you should find a coach.
          I agree with you Milker,If anyone want know about CPA affiliate marketing then he/she should consult with professional affiliate marketing coach,because they will give proper information.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7067164].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7066158].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ibagayan
      Originally Posted by Greedy View Post

      1. A & B & D

      2. A & D
      Hey Greedy,

      I'm curious, which private forum?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7071663].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smaxor
    The best education happens 2 ways in my opinion.

    1. You go to the traffic sources you're going to buy from and watch what else is happening out there live right now. Often people want to buy a WSO or some system and most of the time if they're being sold most likely they're already dead strategies. If you go to the traffic source and study what's running and live right now. Then take those ideas and try to emulate them through trial and error. That's how you really learn.

    2. Have a network of friends that you can share ideas with. Sometimes people use forums for this. But often times as you get a little better you don't want to share your successes with a forum or the idea will get whored out and saturated in 2 seconds. So develop and close group of online friends that you're going to share and grow with.

    Those are the 2 very best ways to learn in my opinion.
    Signature

    Jason Akatiff, CEO, A4D Performance
    Skype: smaxoro, twitter: http://www.twitter.com/smaxor, blog: http://oooff.com/php-affiliate-seo-blog

    Join A4D, Now Accepting experienced PPC, Display, PPV, Email affiliates. http://www.a4d.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7066685].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Royce Space
      Originally Posted by smaxor View Post

      The best education happens 2 ways in my opinion.

      1. You go to the traffic sources you're going to buy from and watch what else is happening out there live right now. Often people want to buy a WSO or some system and most of the time if they're being sold most likely they're already dead strategies. If you go to the traffic source and study what's running and live right now. Then take those ideas and try to emulate them through trial and error. That's how you really learn.

      2. Have a network of friends that you can share ideas with. Sometimes people use forums for this. But often times as you get a little better you don't want to share your successes with a forum or the idea will get whored out and saturated in 2 seconds. So develop and close group of online friends that you're going to share and grow with.

      Those are the 2 very best ways to learn in my opinion.
      Gotta love this post.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7080954].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Irish802
    Reading, reading and more reading on the Warrior Forum.

    Also, asking questions on the Warrior Forum helped me so much!

    A.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7067431].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WarriorFormula
      Well some of the above points explain how I learned CPA marketing but still without forum like warrior forums it would be hard to learn all.
      Originally Posted by Irish802 View Post

      Reading, reading and more reading on the Warrior Forum.

      Also, asking questions on the Warrior Forum helped me so much!

      A.
      I agree with you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7082793].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chiwawa
    I learned CPA marketing by reading online books although i can't really remember which and i also participate in forum discussions and ask questions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7067534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cpa-money
    i learned by my myself. trail and errors....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7067563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danilion55
    I learned from an ebook and then developed my own techniques
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7067603].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mog320
      Originally Posted by danilion55 View Post

      I learned from an ebook and then developed my own techniques
      Originally Posted by chiwawa View Post

      I learned CPA marketing by reading online books although i can't really remember which and i also participate in forum discussions and ask questions.
      What took you to the next level if you have reached that point yet?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7069793].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mog320
        Originally Posted by Brayan1 View Post

        I agree with you Milker,If anyone want know about CPA affiliate marketing then he/she should consult with professional affiliate marketing coach,because they will give proper information.
        Originally Posted by smaxor View Post

        The best education happens 2 ways in my opinion.

        1. You go to the traffic sources you're going to buy from and watch what else is happening out there live right now. Often people want to buy a WSO or some system and most of the time if they're being sold most likely they're already dead strategies. If you go to the traffic source and study what's running and live right now. Then take those ideas and try to emulate them through trial and error. That's how you really learn.

        2. Have a network of friends that you can share ideas with. Sometimes people use forums for this. But often times as you get a little better you don't want to share your successes with a forum or the idea will get whored out and saturated in 2 seconds. So develop and close group of online friends that you're going to share and grow with.

        Those are the 2 very best ways to learn in my opinion.
        Originally Posted by MilkerFocus View Post

        For what? You need to focus on yourself.
        If you want to be better, you need to learn more.
        If you think you can not really learn it by yourself,
        you should find a coach.
        Originally Posted by DevidKing View Post

        Dear ! there are various modes of learning, either you can learn from net , or through books , or through any professionals, it depends on the mode on which you are comfortable.
        Thank you for your answers. Do you mind sharing how you learned?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7069819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mog320
    I thank everyone for taking the time to answer my thread. I intentionally posed the question as "How did YOU learn CPA marketing" instead of "How should I learn CPA marketing." Answers to the first question are more valuable in my opinion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7069776].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mr Lim
    1. A, B, E
    2. A
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7069783].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MilkerFocus
    1. c
    2. a,c,d,e
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7070257].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
    Good posts, everyone is different though and sometimes you can lead a horse to water but cannot make him drink even if you stand on his neck and jump up and down.

    Some people will just never make it no matter how much they spend on courses or ebooks or coaching.

    Taking action is key.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7070336].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mog320
      Originally Posted by PPC-Coach View Post

      Good posts, everyone is different though and sometimes you can lead a horse to water but cannot make him drink even if you stand on his neck and jump up and down.

      Some people will just never make it no matter how much they spend on courses or ebooks or coaching.

      Taking action is key.
      Yes that is true. With anything in life really. Thank you everyone for your responses.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7076959].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rinzo
    I learn CPA marketing by reading some cpa ebooks, I implement the methods, and finally formulate my own unique methods by combining some working methods
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7071696].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theimbible
    I used some eBooks, whatever I could find originally, and public forums such as this and BHW. After that it was just testing, testing and more testing. I got the biggest leap from that, just trying for myself and finding out what works and what doesn't, it has been said by many people but and the end of the day the difference between success and failure is just taking action the first place
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7079864].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7081301].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jerome Y
    1. A,B,E

    2. A,B,E,F
    Signature
    Make Money By Sharing Cool Apps with Friends! No Selling involved, PM me for details!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7081457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jacqueline Smith
    1. A, B, E

    2. A, B, E

    Kenster's Rags to Riches got the ball rolling for me. Would have loved coaching from Kenster but....he's a little out of my league....for now. I'm sure he and I will be rubbing elbows one day.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7081551].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hazyl lee
    Besides forum, I read blogs as well. You can always get some special tips from CPA marketers blog which you might not get it from forum / articles.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7081959].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rukshan
    I learned CPA from Best WSO from Kenster and Chadh.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7082583].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mtmjohn
    1. A, B, E

    2. A, B, D, E

    Get a budget and learn the most important lessons in the practice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7082603].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iRocketEli
    Started 2005 on digitalpoint, met a few people, so its a mix of public forum, coaching, and on my own. Now I work for the beast xD
    Signature
    iRocket Media Performance Network
    AIM/Skype: iRocketEli
    Mail: E.Williams@iRocketMedia.com
    Phone: +1 (734) 707-1364

    Sign Up for iRocket Media
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7083052].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by mog320 View Post

    Two questions here.

    1) How did you first learn the basics of CPA marketing getting started?

    a) on your own
    b) ebook or course
    c) 1 one 1 coaching
    d) private forum
    e) public forum
    f) other

    Feel free to give specific names of courses, coaching, forums, etc.

    2) What gave you the biggest leap in earnings from the basics to full time or making what you felt was a decent income?

    a) on your own
    b) ebook or course
    c) 1 one 1 coaching
    d) private forum
    e) public forum
    f) other

    Thanks
    Blood, sweat and tears

    Started off because I knew someone in the business and after I bugged and bugged him he finally started explaining it, then told me "research ppc and google Adwords" and that's how I got started, back then there were no training programs. Nowadays it's so much easier to obtain the knowledge to make a profit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7083903].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mog320
      Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

      Blood, sweat and tears

      Started off because I knew someone in the business and after I bugged and bugged him he finally started explaining it, then told me "research ppc and google Adwords" and that's how I got started, back then there were no training programs. Nowadays it's so much easier to obtain the knowledge to make a profit.
      Yes. So I have no excuses!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7090254].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    Originally Posted by mog320 View Post

    Two questions here.

    1) How did you first learn the basics of CPA marketing getting started?

    a) on your own
    b) ebook or course
    c) 1 one 1 coaching
    d) private forum
    e) public forum
    f) other

    Feel free to give specific names of courses, coaching, forums, etc.

    2) What gave you the biggest leap in earnings from the basics to full time or making what you felt was a decent income?

    a) on your own
    b) ebook or course
    c) 1 one 1 coaching
    d) private forum
    e) public forum
    f) other

    Thanks


    On my own and through a few products and forums!

    One on one coaching is by far the most expensive but also the best way to make the jump or add a zero at the end of your comm checks. Then I would do a private forum!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7084557].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PiAlpha
    My answer would definitely be "a,b,c,d,e,f".
    You need to read about others' experience in tutorials, e-books or private and public forums. But after that, you definitely need to work on your own, in order to find the methods that work best for you.
    Signature

    Proud member of Blv.Me team
    -------------------------------------------------

    Are you link locking yet?
    URL shortening + Content locking = a Lot of cash
    See a demo | Get started
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7084619].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mog320
    This is good stuff. Always inspirational to see how others got into the business. Fail fast, get help, fail some more, get help and succeed! Learn this just like anything else, huh?

    Rather than others telling new people how they should learn I wanted to see how others learned themselves. It seems to me that many times people discount the impact of the way they learned, losing money and struggling, and tell others "This is the way you should learn."

    However, the suggested method may be a little too complex or seem to be easy and the new person becomes frustrated thinking that they are just doing things wrong.

    Just doing it seems to be the best way but then there is always the fear of getting your account banned by Google or MSN or getting kicked out of networks for doing things wrong, so starting in this business it seems you can't just be wild and wreckless either. All of your suggestions help me and I am sure helps other people getting started too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7086248].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author williamrs
    I started working by myself and trying to understand everything in the practice. However, I just started getting consistent results when I joined this forum. Talking to other people and learning different methods and ideas was essencial for me.
    Signature
    Steal My Profit Strategy



    >> Download Now <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7086354].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Royce Space
      Originally Posted by williamrs View Post

      I started working by myself and trying to understand everything in the practice. However, I just started getting consistent results when I joined this forum. Talking to other people and learning different methods and ideas was essencial for me.
      Correct! I also agree on this one. BTW, get a credit card, it helps.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7087617].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mog320
        Originally Posted by Royce Space View Post

        Correct! I also agree on this one. BTW, get a credit card, it helps.
        Just applied and got one in the mail a couple days ago. Thanks for the tip.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7090248].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BlueChipBrain
    Hi, for me, it is A, D, E for both. I have learned a lot of things from forums and most of them on my own, by trial and error for the most part.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7089423].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author velvetadvert
    Friend of mine was in this business, so I was lucky enough to get a couch. Then I went to digitalpoint and then create my first WP site
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7090390].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kohldia
    1. A & B

    2. A & D & E
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7090959].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author APRAffiliates
    I think the key is just getting educated. It doesn't matter if it was from a forum, book, blog, friend or school.

    With technology always changing new strategies come to surface. A few years ago there wasn't Pinterest and even Twitter was just starting out.

    Consistency is key. ABL = Always Be Learning.
    Signature
    Real Estate Websites, Print Marketing, Email Marketing, Lead Generating Tools for Real Estate Agents

    Earn Up To $50 for new subscribers with Auto Pilot Realty's - Real Estate Affiliates Program
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7091082].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7093144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anwar001
    Reading people's answers to the OP's questions, I have come to the following quick conclusions:

    - Most people learn by first reading an ebook or course, trying out the strategies and then later on adding their own unique twist and spin on the methods.

    - Private forums and/or personal mentoring/coaching are the best ways to speed up your learning rather than trying to gain all knowledge for free from public forums.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7596306].message }}
  • the register link on this website takes you to the forums where i learnt how to make top money from CPa:

    TotallyAffiliates | Learn how to earn up to $80k per month online 24/7
    Signature

    TotallyAffiliate.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8309933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DavidAtias1
    I learn CPA by my own and public forum..
    I just try a lot and spent a lot of money but finally I did it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8309986].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fpdeziner
    I first searched for the article and guides on the web, read all of them. Watched some free videos on youtube. Lot of good info here at WF. Joined groups on FB. It helped me a lot.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8321098].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Roger Fellon
    1. A-B-D
    2. A-D
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8322358].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasonlwe
    1. A, B, D and E

    2. A, D
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8322401].message }}

Trending Topics