18 replies
Seen a lot of people talk about targeting different angles for offers on fb ads, could some one describe this in detail or with an example that would be nice..

- I kind of know what angles mean, but i guess its better if i confirm it with a few good examples to drill it to my rusty brain
- and when we use angles for fb, we should use a presell page (landing page) right to connect the dots..Eg for a pre-sell page would be..Thanks for coming here blah blah click here to get this or something in those lines correct..
#ads #angles
  • Profile picture of the author speedylikesKJ
    Study your demographics very well and you will get tens of ideas about possible angles automatically
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7311707].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author slowpoison
      Originally Posted by speedylikesKJ View Post

      Study your demographics very well and you will get tens of ideas about possible angles automatically
      i mean i need some examples that would really help in my case to understand fb angles..i came across a few need a few more to understand it..i am a slow learner

      any help would be highly appreciated
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7312122].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by slowpoison View Post

    Seen a lot of people talk about targeting different angles for offers on fb ads, could some one describe this in detail or with an example that would be nice..

    - I kind of know what angles mean, but i guess its better if i confirm it with a few good examples to drill it to my rusty brain
    - and when we use angles for fb, we should use a presell page (landing page) right to connect the dots..Eg for a pre-sell page would be..Thanks for coming here blah blah click here to get this or something in those lines correct..
    Something like this (http://www.warriorforum.com/ad-netwo...-facebook.html) is considered an angle. It's just a method or technique on converting your traffic to leads. You should always test with and without landing pages and several different variations of landing pages.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7312216].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author slowpoison
      yea thanks chris, i read your thread the other day & yes it an old technique but it did help me a lot to understand basic concept of angles on fb ads, i just need a few more examples to get it going right..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7313736].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketwarrior06
    Banned
    I don't actually. But people always say that FB is a great source of traffic bla bla. but I never got any good luck in FB. So not interested in learning.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7313839].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mindstorms
      Originally Posted by marketwarrior06 View Post

      I don't actually. But people always say that FB is a great source of traffic bla bla. but I never got any good luck in FB. So not interested in learning.
      It really does depends on the niche. I basically have the same way of rolling out campaigns. Out of the 4 markets I am in, only two of them works with FB traffic. So yes, I know the feeling.

      Mike
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7316982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vask
    You want some examples? Alright, here's an angle I've used in the past on Facebook (although they really can work anywhere). Angles are something you should definitely be throwing into your testing loops, no matter what offer or traffic source you're running on.

    The Offer:

    Many networks carry a generic "race" dating offer. For this example, I'll be using a generic black dating offer (Black People Meet, Black Dating, etc). So the offer's landing page is usually just a normal dating lander - usually with a couple profile pictures of some very good looking people and a nice big CTA.

    The Lander:

    First you're going to want to build a landing page - this is where your 'angle' will be set. The design of your lander should be very similar to the offer page. If the offer's LP has a red theme, try and keep that color theme. I could dig up the numbers on this, but from what I remember an LP with a similar color theme had a better conversion rate by over 30%.

    The Angle:

    Okay so now we need the angle. I tested different angles to run, one that made me the quite a bit of money was "Faithful Black Christian Men". The headline of my lander was something along the lines of “These faithful black christian men are just looking for a women to settle down with.” So I built my landing page with that premise.

    So I basically took a black dating offer, and used an 'angle' to turn it into a black christian men offer. That is my angle. That is my pre-sell.

    Targeting:

    On Facebook, I used precise targeting and used the keywords #Christianity, #Jesus, #God, and so on. (I also, of course, targeted only women) Then I did a bit of research (Since there is not really a way to target race on Facebook) and found the Cities with the most dense black population and targeted those cities and cities around within a 25 mile radius.

    I split tested by age group and cities - my target audience per test group was pretty big (over 100k), I like targeting big groups. I dunno why, it just makes me feel good when I get a profitable offer on a huge target audience, haha.

    *TIP: On my lander, I threw in a Facebook “Like” button just to see how many likes I could get. I now have a Facebook page with thousands of likes. And the best part? About 50% of them are white girls. Well what does that mean? That means that not only are black women signing up for the offer, white women probably are too. So this could potentially open up a new demographic to test.

    Results:

    Alright so what was the end result? Well, my lander had a pretty good CTR and my overall ROI was 150% netting me 5 figures in profit and I exhausted the demographic within a couple months of running it. Not a crazy ROI, but definitely made me a lot of money and was sustainable for a bit. Once I exhausted that demographic, I just moved on and thought of new ways to target. My affiliate manager even gave me a pay bump because the merchant “really liked my traffic” and wanted more volume.

    Summary:

    So overall, the angle isn't just pre-selling, you have to take into consideration who your demographic is and what it takes to market to them. Research your demographic and get creative with your ideas.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7314173].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wesleywinter
      Originally Posted by viasq View Post

      You want some examples? Alright, here's an angle I've used in the past on Facebook (although they really can work anywhere). Angles are something you should definitely be throwing into your testing loops, no matter what offer or traffic source you're running on.

      The Offer:

      Many networks carry a generic "race" dating offer. For this example, I'll be using a generic black dating offer (Black People Meet, Black Dating, etc). So the offer's landing page is usually just a normal dating lander - usually with a couple profile pictures of some very good looking people and a nice big CTA.

      The Lander:

      First you're going to want to build a landing page - this is where your 'angle' will be set. The design of your lander should be very similar to the offer page. If the offer's LP has a red theme, try and keep that color theme. I could dig up the numbers on this, but from what I remember an LP with a similar color theme had a better conversion rate by over 30%.

      The Angle:

      Okay so now we need the angle. I tested different angles to run, one that made me the quite a bit of money was "Faithful Black Christian Men". The headline of my lander was something along the lines of "These faithful black christian men are just looking for a women to settle down with." So I built my landing page with that premise.

      So I basically took a black dating offer, and used an 'angle' to turn it into a black christian men offer. That is my angle. That is my pre-sell.

      Targeting:

      On Facebook, I used precise targeting and used the keywords #Christianity, #Jesus, #God, and so on. (I also, of course, targeted only women) Then I did a bit of research (Since there is not really a way to target race on Facebook) and found the Cities with the most dense black population and targeted those cities and cities around within a 25 mile radius.

      I split tested by age group and cities - my target audience per test group was pretty big (over 100k), I like targeting big groups. I dunno why, it just makes me feel good when I get a profitable offer on a huge target audience, haha.

      *TIP: On my lander, I threw in a Facebook "Like" button just to see how many likes I could get. I now have a Facebook page with thousands of likes. And the best part? About 50% of them are white girls. Well what does that mean? That means that not only are black women signing up for the offer, white women probably are too. So this could potentially open up a new demographic to test.

      Results:

      Alright so what was the end result? Well, my lander had a pretty good CTR and my overall ROI was 150% netting me 5 figures in profit and I exhausted the demographic within a couple months of running it. Not a crazy ROI, but definitely made me a lot of money and was sustainable for a bit. Once I exhausted that demographic, I just moved on and thought of new ways to target. My affiliate manager even gave me a pay bump because the merchant "really liked my traffic" and wanted more volume.

      Summary:

      So overall, the angle isn't just pre-selling, you have to take into consideration who your demographic is and what it takes to market to them. Research your demographic and get creative with your ideas.
      Very Solid Info. Thanks for sharing!
      Signature
      I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7317087].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author slowpoison
        Originally Posted by wesleywinter View Post

        Very Solid Info. Thanks for sharing!
        I did pm the OP cause this is what info means..and wrote a special thank you via PM...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7317467].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author vask
          Originally Posted by slowpoison View Post

          I did pm the OP cause this is what info means..and wrote a special thank you via PM...
          No problem. Good luck on your ventures.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7317522].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jsmiz
      Originally Posted by viasq View Post

      You want some examples? Alright, here's an angle I've used in the past on Facebook (although they really can work anywhere). Angles are something you should definitely be throwing into your testing loops, no matter what offer or traffic source you're running on.

      The Offer:

      Many networks carry a generic "race" dating offer. For this example, I'll be using a generic black dating offer (Black People Meet, Black Dating, etc). So the offer's landing page is usually just a normal dating lander - usually with a couple profile pictures of some very good looking people and a nice big CTA.

      The Lander:

      First you're going to want to build a landing page - this is where your 'angle' will be set. The design of your lander should be very similar to the offer page. If the offer's LP has a red theme, try and keep that color theme. I could dig up the numbers on this, but from what I remember an LP with a similar color theme had a better conversion rate by over 30%.

      The Angle:

      Okay so now we need the angle. I tested different angles to run, one that made me the quite a bit of money was "Faithful Black Christian Men". The headline of my lander was something along the lines of "These faithful black christian men are just looking for a women to settle down with." So I built my landing page with that premise.

      So I basically took a black dating offer, and used an 'angle' to turn it into a black christian men offer. That is my angle. That is my pre-sell.

      Targeting:

      On Facebook, I used precise targeting and used the keywords #Christianity, #Jesus, #God, and so on. (I also, of course, targeted only women) Then I did a bit of research (Since there is not really a way to target race on Facebook) and found the Cities with the most dense black population and targeted those cities and cities around within a 25 mile radius.

      I split tested by age group and cities - my target audience per test group was pretty big (over 100k), I like targeting big groups. I dunno why, it just makes me feel good when I get a profitable offer on a huge target audience, haha.

      *TIP: On my lander, I threw in a Facebook "Like" button just to see how many likes I could get. I now have a Facebook page with thousands of likes. And the best part? About 50% of them are white girls. Well what does that mean? That means that not only are black women signing up for the offer, white women probably are too. So this could potentially open up a new demographic to test.

      Results:

      Alright so what was the end result? Well, my lander had a pretty good CTR and my overall ROI was 150% netting me 5 figures in profit and I exhausted the demographic within a couple months of running it. Not a crazy ROI, but definitely made me a lot of money and was sustainable for a bit. Once I exhausted that demographic, I just moved on and thought of new ways to target. My affiliate manager even gave me a pay bump because the merchant "really liked my traffic" and wanted more volume.

      Summary:

      So overall, the angle isn't just pre-selling, you have to take into consideration who your demographic is and what it takes to market to them. Research your demographic and get creative with your ideas.

      Good infos...But am suprised the advertiser liked the quality of your leads since you used the "christian" angle with their non-christian offer...lol
      Signature

      If you do POF ads, you need solid campaign tracking and managing. Contact me for more info!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7406896].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author vask
        Originally Posted by jsmiz View Post

        Good infos...But am suprised the advertiser liked the quality of your leads since you used the "christian" angle with their non-christian offer...lol
        Actually, it makes sense if you think about it -
        • Most dating websites have an option to specify and search by religion.
        • The African-American demographic is mostly Christian.
        • Most religions emphasizes on getting married.
        • The offer I promoted only takes 30+ traffic - Meaning that most of my demographic are single older women, and that means they are more aggressive when looking for love, so they are more likely to convert for the merchant.
        Makes sense, right?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7407009].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jsmiz
          Originally Posted by viasq View Post

          Actually, it makes sense if you think about it -
          • Most dating websites have an option to specify and search by religion.
          • The African-American demographic is mostly Christian.
          • Most religions emphasizes on getting married.
          • The offer I promoted only takes 30+ traffic - Meaning that most of my demographic are single older women, and that means they are more aggressive when looking for love, so they are more likely to convert for the merchant.
          Makes sense, right?
          Yeah said like that it does make some sense lol But even tough older women are more actively looking for love & settling down, i wonder why i've never found headline such as "Looking To Settle Down? to work well...
          Signature

          If you do POF ads, you need solid campaign tracking and managing. Contact me for more info!

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7410298].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RyanEagle
      Originally Posted by viasq View Post

      You want some examples? Alright, here's an angle I've used in the past on Facebook (although they really can work anywhere). Angles are something you should definitely be throwing into your testing loops, no matter what offer or traffic source you're running on.

      The Offer:

      Many networks carry a generic "race" dating offer. For this example, I'll be using a generic black dating offer (Black People Meet, Black Dating, etc). So the offer's landing page is usually just a normal dating lander - usually with a couple profile pictures of some very good looking people and a nice big CTA.

      The Lander:

      First you're going to want to build a landing page - this is where your 'angle' will be set. The design of your lander should be very similar to the offer page. If the offer's LP has a red theme, try and keep that color theme. I could dig up the numbers on this, but from what I remember an LP with a similar color theme had a better conversion rate by over 30%.

      The Angle:

      Okay so now we need the angle. I tested different angles to run, one that made me the quite a bit of money was "Faithful Black Christian Men". The headline of my lander was something along the lines of "These faithful black christian men are just looking for a women to settle down with." So I built my landing page with that premise.

      So I basically took a black dating offer, and used an 'angle' to turn it into a black christian men offer. That is my angle. That is my pre-sell.

      Targeting:

      On Facebook, I used precise targeting and used the keywords #Christianity, #Jesus, #God, and so on. (I also, of course, targeted only women) Then I did a bit of research (Since there is not really a way to target race on Facebook) and found the Cities with the most dense black population and targeted those cities and cities around within a 25 mile radius.

      I split tested by age group and cities - my target audience per test group was pretty big (over 100k), I like targeting big groups. I dunno why, it just makes me feel good when I get a profitable offer on a huge target audience, haha.

      *TIP: On my lander, I threw in a Facebook "Like" button just to see how many likes I could get. I now have a Facebook page with thousands of likes. And the best part? About 50% of them are white girls. Well what does that mean? That means that not only are black women signing up for the offer, white women probably are too. So this could potentially open up a new demographic to test.

      Results:

      Alright so what was the end result? Well, my lander had a pretty good CTR and my overall ROI was 150% netting me 5 figures in profit and I exhausted the demographic within a couple months of running it. Not a crazy ROI, but definitely made me a lot of money and was sustainable for a bit. Once I exhausted that demographic, I just moved on and thought of new ways to target. My affiliate manager even gave me a pay bump because the merchant "really liked my traffic" and wanted more volume.

      Summary:

      So overall, the angle isn't just pre-selling, you have to take into consideration who your demographic is and what it takes to market to them. Research your demographic and get creative with your ideas.
      Awesome info. This is similar to what I tell my affiliates.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7411048].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
    Nice post above, that's what I show people too.

    Angles are emotional triggers you use as your "in". Kinda like a pick up line in a bar.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7316729].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author williamrs
    It's very easy to understand this concept.

    The angle is basically what you use to connect the dots between your offer and your audience.

    Let's say you will promote a dating offerto young men in the UK on Facebook. Instead of going broad and targeting many different men with different interests, you could create a campaign specifically for the fans of Manchester United. You could use images of girls wearing t-shirts of MU and say somethinglike:

    Cute Red Devils
    Don't watch the next Champions League alone - Join xxxxx.com for free!

    In this case, MU would be your angle.

    You could target geeks and say that girls like intelligent men, target guys who like online games and tell them that you have something better for them to do on the internet, etc...

    Every offer and demographic offers endless possibilities for angles, so it's all about being creative and testing different ideas to find the winners.


    W
    Signature
    Steal My Profit Strategy



    >> Download Now <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7317658].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eresource
    Always looking out for tips on FB ads...trying to get into that but just want to know what I'm doing instead of going in blind.

    What would be the minimum sum required to get started on getting results? $100?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7317677].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Greedy
    An angle is just a method or technique on converting your traffic to leads.

    Like Chris said.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7317758].message }}

Trending Topics