by gn3man
17 replies
Warriors,
I need advice on split testing.
here is an example. 3 landing pages.
Attachment 18284
how do you think is it enough data to exclude one of them from campaign?
#landing #page
  • Profile picture of the author speedylikesKJ
    you need more traffic to decide in your screen shot is insufficient to make any final decision i`d advise to test a little more
    Originally Posted by gn3man View Post

    Warriors,
    I need advice on split testing.
    here is an example. 3 landing pages.
    Attachment 18284
    how do you think is it enough data to exclude one of them from campaign?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8426177].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LP Copywriter
    Yeah, you'll need more data, especially since they're performing similarly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8426282].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author natebunger
    Another vote for giving it more testing. It's too soon to decide. The numbers can possible fluctuate greatly for all we know.
    Signature
    ##ATTENTION##

    Do You Hate Writing Sales Copy?

    I create killer copy for squeeze pages, video scripts, email auto-responders and sales pages. Click here to see reviews.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8426308].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gn3man
    thanks guys, but when to make that desicion? I mean, what's the measure? one of LPs should perform twice better? or three times more conversions than another?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8426377].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vask
    You'll need to do a bit more testing to get some solid data
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8426949].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Greedy
    Double you amount of test, since is there no clear cut winner yet.

    thanks guys, but when to make that desicion? I mean, what's the measure? one of LPs should perform twice better? or three times more conversions than another?
    Wait until you get 200-300 clicks to the LP, then post your stats and we can help judge.

    You should look for a clear winner.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8427065].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CpvTrafficPro
    I would send at least 100 clicks to your offer before making any real judgement. You may be surprised to find out whats working well now might now be in the long run.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8427081].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by gn3man View Post

    Warriors,
    I need advice on split testing.
    here is an example. 3 landing pages.
    Attachment 18284
    how do you think is it enough data to exclude one of them from campaign?
    IMO it's not enough data yet
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8428361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Clickthroo
    Agreed - much more data needed.

    Try this tool as a guide to data significance:

    A/B Split Test Calculator | AdCalc.net - Free Internet Marketing Calculators
    Signature
    Dave Bird (CEO): Clickthroo.com - Landing Page Marketing Solution for advertisers, agencies, and affiliates.

    Landing page builder, tracking platform, split-testing, traffic segmentation, auto-optimization, 100+ templates, 1000+ stock images, optional affiliate marketing module.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8429230].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gn3man
      Originally Posted by Clickthroo View Post

      Agreed - much more data needed.

      Try this tool as a guide to data significance:

      A/B Split Test Calculator | AdCalc.net - Free Internet Marketing Calculators
      Great tool, thanks!

      BTW Beyond those 3 LPs I have 2 offers split testing also. Looks like I will need even 3 times more clicks to make any conclusions about their performance.
      What CTR for banners considered well for paid adult traffic? 0.2-04?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8430221].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mariof
    Need more data... but looks like #2 has better conversion ratio... #3 may have a better sub-headline... But there are some elements on LP #3 that need to be tested on #2
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8430918].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gn3man
    There is one more thing I can't figure out. From tracking I know which LP generated lead; I know which banner generated lead; BUT! how do I find out which COMBINATION of banner+LP generated lead??? 3 LPs recieve equal amount of traffic 33% each, they are "rotating" it means we don't know which one was showed up after visitor clicked the banner. makes sense?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8431634].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Greedy
      Originally Posted by gn3man View Post

      There is one more thing I can't figure out. From tracking I know which LP generated lead; I know which banner generated lead; BUT! how do I find out which COMBINATION of banner+LP generated lead??? 3 LPs recieve equal amount of traffic 33% each, they are "rotating" it means we don't know which one was showed up after visitor clicked the banner. makes sense?
      Yes, that makes sense. It is very important to know as well.

      Sometimes a LP with have a great CTR, but poor CR (conversion rate) for the offer. That is why you need to track this.

      To answer you question let us know what kind of tracking you are using. Otherwise we are just shooting in the dark.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8431918].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author gn3man
        Originally Posted by Greedy View Post

        Yes, that makes sense. It is very important to know as well.

        Sometimes a LP with have a great CTR, but poor CR (conversion rate) for the offer. That is why you need to track this.

        To answer you question let us know what kind of tracking you are using. Otherwise we are just shooting in the dark.
        I'm using both CPVLab and imobitrax for different campaigns. Getting used to it, I still didn't decide which one is better. imobitrax is more user-friendly and covers a lot of mobile tracking options but cpvlab offers lot more feautures and is likely more professional IMO.
        But both of them (correct me if I'm wrong) don't show which combination of banner+LP generated the lead.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8432915].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author speedylikesKJ
      Originally Posted by gn3man View Post

      There is one more thing I can't figure out. From tracking I know which LP generated lead; I know which banner generated lead; BUT! how do I find out which COMBINATION of banner+LP generated lead??? 3 LPs recieve equal amount of traffic 33% each, they are "rotating" it means we don't know which one was showed up after visitor clicked the banner. makes sense?
      To track banner and lp combination you can easily use bevo media , i`d advise you to go through its tutorials first
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8432872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Clickthroo
    Great tool, thanks!
    My pleasure

    A decent tracking platform will allow you to pass the banner ID through to the landing page, and then report by landing page variant/banner ID.

    A really good tracking platform and landing page marketing platform (hint, hint) will allow you to do all of this with auto-optimisation so the system identify and display the best-performing combinations whilst disregarding lesser-performing combinations.

    Good luck.
    Signature
    Dave Bird (CEO): Clickthroo.com - Landing Page Marketing Solution for advertisers, agencies, and affiliates.

    Landing page builder, tracking platform, split-testing, traffic segmentation, auto-optimization, 100+ templates, 1000+ stock images, optional affiliate marketing module.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8435359].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gn3man
      Originally Posted by Clickthroo View Post

      My pleasure

      A decent tracking platform will allow you to pass the banner ID through to the landing page, and then report by landing page variant/banner ID.

      A really good tracking platform and landing page marketing platform (hint, hint) will allow you to do all of this with auto-optimisation so the system identify and display the best-performing combinations whilst disregarding lesser-performing combinations.

      Good luck.
      Well, clickthroo looks nice, but is it self-hosted tracking platform?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8435741].message }}

Trending Topics