Does Facebook really HATE affiliates?

78 replies
I've seen many people complaining about Facebook banning their accounts and asking if Facebook really hates affiliates.

So here is a straight answer:

YES, THEY DO.

Some time ago they used to ban only guys running offers that were against their ToS, so we had the options to be "good boys" and keep our accounts safe. However, recently they started being a lot tougher and now they are banning pretty much anyone who is caught running affiliate stuff.

And to be completely honest with you, that really doesn't surprise me. The big traffic sources never like affiliates. Google, for example, would probably vanish us from the Earth if they could. And even other traffic sources that allow affiliates are usually not very "friendly".

So I understand Facebook.

The truth is that many, many affiliates wouldn't hesitate to promote scam offers or violate the ToS of a traffic source to make an extra $100. So, Facebook doesn't care about the affiliates. They care about their user, and affiliates can jeopardize their experience and Facebook must protect them.

Conclusion: we are banned because we deserve it.

Of course, it's not only that, Facebook can make money directly with the advertisers, so if they ban us they have more traffic to send to the advertisers. It's a "noble" attitude, but, again, I get them. It's their business and they want to make more money. Why would it be wrong?


When the good boys become bad boys...

Above I explained why Facebook bans affiliates and why they don't care about us... but then comes the question:

If they don't care about us, if they are not willing to put some effort on splitting the beans to protect the good affiliates, why in the hell should we give a s*** to them?

IMO, we shouldn't.

Not too long ago I was one of the good boys, and taught many of my students to be good boys as well. Often times I ran offers that were not the top converting ones... and I knew it. Of course, my campaigns were profitable and my students (most of them) got great results being good boys. One of them even became a "Top 10" of one of the most famous CPA networks out there (hey Marc, leave a comment if you stop by!), so why would we complain about being good boys?

But then Facebook changed... and they didn't give a s*** to us either.

Now, I still have Facebook as one of my most profitable traffic sources and, to be honest, it's even more profitable than before. But I am not nice anymore.


The good side: we make more money now


If we run a "spicy" offer that converts like crazy, we get banned. If we run a "nice" offer with a decent conversion, we get banned. So, which one would you pick?

Now, the concern of keeping the accounts safe no longer exists, so we can run the best converting offers and make as much money as possible.

For this reason, Facebook is even more profitable than before. We just need to know how to create the accounts.

The best way to create the accounts is simply to use prepaid cards, run the campaigns for a few days, get banned and create a new account.

If you run the campaigns properly, the process of creating new accounts will become just a small detail and it won't be a problem for you.


Facebook is still good, don't give up on it... or you will have to give up on almost all the traffic sources


Nothing is perfect. There is not a traffic source where you will run the campaigns peacefully without facing any problems. There will always be obstacles to overcome, but when you face them, they become "natural" for you... just part of the process.

Facebook is still great and you shouldn't lose motivation, just be persistent and it will make you a lot of money.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post. If you have any questions or comments, just post below and I'll reply asap.


William
#affiliates #facebook #hate
  • Profile picture of the author rudysudarto
    Its great to see you said yo dont wanna be a good boys anymore , and facebook is very strict with affiliates. But on the otHerside , you said you make more money . Just a bit confusing.

    My question maybe just too clasic, what is the best offer and safer to run on fb?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8451228].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author williamrs
      Originally Posted by rudysudarto View Post

      Its great to see you said yo dont wanna be a good boys anymore , and facebook is very strict with affiliates. But on the otHerside , you said you make more money . Just a bit confusing.

      My question maybe just too clasic, what is the best offer and safer to run on fb?
      If you run the more profitable offers without being concerned about your account being banned, you make more money.

      Regarding the best niche, I like dating. Gaming, diet and other niches with lead gen offers can be good as well.

      However, I can't tell you what niche is safe. As long as I know, none of them are safe (if by that you mean "keeping your account safe").


      W
      Signature
      Steal My Profit Strategy



      >> Download Now <<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8451242].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author millcreek1933
        Good information for all affiliates who aspire to advertise on facebook.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8458835].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JoeFerguson
    As long as you utilize Facebook with an ethical approach and a level of integrity, you shouldn't have a problem with them. There's lots of opportunity to make a hefty sum if used correctly.
    Signature
    Increase your revenue and earn a $1000 bonus as a new affiliate at MaxBounty.com!

    For additional advice and industry happenings, head over to MaxBounty's Blog!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8451249].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
    So you're going to cloak facebook. (I'm actually assuming you are already).

    Also the link on your thank you page is a 404 error.

    To each his own and it is one way to go about things. I see guys cloaking facebook all the time and they do make very short term returns but it's a constant churn and burn strategy that if you don't stay on top of it daily you lose all your income immediately.

    It's one way to do it and i'm not judging. Everyone has their own methods.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8451291].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author williamrs
      Originally Posted by PPC-Coach View Post

      So you're going to cloak facebook. (I'm actually assuming you are already).

      Also the link on your thank you page is a 404 error.

      To each his own and it is one way to go about things. I see guys cloaking facebook all the time and they do make very short term returns but it's a constant churn and burn strategy that if you don't stay on top of it daily you lose all your income immediately.

      It's one way to do it and i'm not judging. Everyone has their own methods.

      In fact, the way we conduct the campaigns on Facebook doesn't change. We have to watch our numbers closely, but was it any different with social PPC in the past? I don't think so.

      Facebook, just like PoF, is very dynamic and we have to be constantly watching the campaigns. It's part of the process and has nothing to do with the bans.

      I don't think it's just short-term, my campaigns are built now just like they were 6 months ago and the only difference is that the offers I run are a bit different and the account isn't always the same.

      I wasn't actually discussing cloaking, but many affiliates use this and hit good numbers with Google, Facebook and other traffic sources. But this isn't the point here.

      The fact is that Facebook is cutting down on affiliates just like many other traffic sources, so our main concern with them shouldn't be to keep the account safe, but simply to find a way to get new accounts when they eventually ban one.

      Campaigns on Facbeook were always short living, so this isn't really relevant. It's easy to find new winning cmapaigns and the campaigns with a good ROI die away relatively fast. That's how it works now and how it has always worked. So, a business won't be short or long term just because it is or isn't based on cloaking or on getting new accounts. Traffic sources are always changing and the rules of the game end up changing, too. If we don't play by the new rules, we end up out of the game.


      W
      Signature
      Steal My Profit Strategy



      >> Download Now <<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8451354].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rudysudarto
    Hi wil,
    Does it easy to have multiple account at fb ?
    I mean, when fb ban us, the payment source also blocked . So to be able to have new account each fb banned us, we should have a lot of cc and paypal account?

    Sorry im still new here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8451327].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
    When they ban you, you get another prepaid credit card, sign up for another account using fake info and make sure you have a new ip address to do so. Then you run your campaigns for a day or two, get banned and redo all those steps.

    Typically you have some fancy cloaking software too that you're paying for but it will pay for itself pretty quickly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8451339].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author williamrs
      Originally Posted by PPC-Coach View Post

      When they ban you, you get another prepaid credit card, sign up for another account using fake info and make sure you have a new ip address to do so. Then you run your campaigns for a day or two, get banned and redo all those steps.

      Typically you have some fancy cloaking software too that you're paying for but it will pay for itself pretty quickly.
      Yes, you have to create new accounts. They don't necessarily last just a day or, they tipically last longer, but, yes, eventually they get banned and you have to create a new account.

      It doesn't really depend on the offers that you are running (I've seen accounts getting banned with Christian dating offers and using only nice images and landers, nothing sexy or aggressive), so w have to get used to it.

      And if you make a quick search on the forum you will see that there are many threads saying the same thing about AdWords and other platforms... who said it's easy to be an affiliate?


      W
      Signature
      Steal My Profit Strategy



      >> Download Now <<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8451405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
    I agree it's not easy. I also am not knocking your methods. I get it. It works, it's just a different way.

    Also, I'm still getting a 404 error on your download page.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8451894].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author williamrs
      Originally Posted by PPC-Coach View Post

      I agree it's not easy. I also am not knocking your methods. I get it. It works, it's just a different way.

      Also, I'm still getting a 404 error on your download page.

      weird... I just tested and it's working here... maybe it's your cache?
      Signature
      Steal My Profit Strategy



      >> Download Now <<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8451989].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vask
    I see this debate all the time, the debate on whether creating multiple accounts and cloaking on Facebook is a legitimate long term business or not.

    All I have to say is... "Why not both?"

    I have multiple accounts that I churn and burn, but I also have a purely white-hat account that I run branded and "safe" offers on. At $50k daily spend limit, I take precautionary steps to make sure I don't get banned and it says safe.

    And I also have a very very good relationship with my Facebook rep. He knows I'm an affiliate, and doesn't mind as long as I'm completely transparent. Admittedly, the only reason I have a relationship with my rep is because of the sheer amount I spend monthly on Facebook.

    And from a monetary standpoint, my churn and burn method makes me a lot more money at a much higher ROI. But that's just me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8452308].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Prosprio
      Originally Posted by vask View Post

      And from a monetary standpoint, my churn and burn method makes me a lot more money at a much higher ROI. But that's just me.
      There's just so many more ways that you can promote offers that will eventually get you kicked from FB ads, it's hard to justify staying strictly compliant with the Facebook ToS for advertising (especially since it constantly changes). Might as well churn and burn as it's actually less of a hassle and more profitable.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8452398].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author williamrs
      Originally Posted by vask View Post

      I see this debate all the time, the debate on whether creating multiple accounts and cloaking on Facebook is a legitimate long term business or not.

      All I have to say is... "Why not both?"

      I have multiple accounts that I churn and burn, but I also have a purely white-hat account that I run branded and "safe" offers on. At $50k daily spend limit, I take precautionary steps to make sure I don't get banned and it says safe.

      And I also have a very very good relationship with my Facebook rep. He knows I'm an affiliate, and doesn't mind as long as I'm completely transparent. Admittedly, the only reason I have a relationship with my rep is because of the sheer amount I spend monthly on Facebook.

      And from a monetary standpoint, my churn and burn method makes me a lot more money at a much higher ROI. But that's just me.
      That's a good point!

      Advertisers with accounts that have a big spend limit may be in a different situation (FB won't ban them that easily and they won't wnat to lose their accounts), so, yes, I agree with you. That would be for people who have normal accounts.


      W
      Signature
      Steal My Profit Strategy



      >> Download Now <<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8452501].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeMorgan
      Originally Posted by vask View Post


      All I have to say is... "Why not both?"

      I have multiple accounts that I churn and burn, but I also have a purely white-hat account that I run branded and "safe" offers on. At $50k daily spend limit, I take precautionary steps to make sure I don't get banned and it says safe.

      And I also have a very very good relationship with my Facebook rep. He knows I'm an affiliate, and doesn't mind as long as I'm completely transparent. Admittedly, the only reason I have a relationship with my rep is because of the sheer amount I spend monthly on Facebook.

      And from a monetary standpoint, my churn and burn method makes me a lot more money at a much higher ROI. But that's just me.
      This sounds great .
      Signature
      CPA Game Changer - Coming Very Soon !

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8453534].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lewis T
      Originally Posted by vask View Post

      I see this debate all the time, the debate on whether creating multiple accounts and cloaking on Facebook is a legitimate long term business or not.

      All I have to say is... "Why not both?"

      I have multiple accounts that I churn and burn, but I also have a purely white-hat account that I run branded and "safe" offers on. At $50k daily spend limit, I take precautionary steps to make sure I don't get banned and it says safe.

      And I also have a very very good relationship with my Facebook rep. He knows I'm an affiliate, and doesn't mind as long as I'm completely transparent. Admittedly, the only reason I have a relationship with my rep is because of the sheer amount I spend monthly on Facebook.

      And from a monetary standpoint, my churn and burn method makes me a lot more money at a much higher ROI. But that's just me.
      $50k? That's a fair amount of money to risk (a day).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8453988].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tjaysen70
      Originally Posted by vask View Post

      I see this debate all the time, the debate on whether creating multiple accounts and cloaking on Facebook is a legitimate long term business or not.

      All I have to say is... "Why not both?"

      I have multiple accounts that I churn and burn, but I also have a purely white-hat account that I run branded and "safe" offers on. At $50k daily spend limit, I take precautionary steps to make sure I don't get banned and it says safe.

      And I also have a very very good relationship with my Facebook rep. He knows I'm an affiliate, and doesn't mind as long as I'm completely transparent. Admittedly, the only reason I have a relationship with my rep is because of the sheer amount I spend monthly on Facebook.

      And from a monetary standpoint, my churn and burn method makes me a lot more money at a much higher ROI. But that's just me.

      $50K daily spend limit? WTF. Are you kidding? So I'm assuming that you're not reaching that spend max on any given day, or you'd be at like $1.5 mil per month. And this would be set up with what, AMEX black card that has no limit? This sounds like hype.
      Signature

      Tired of the grind? Wait. PM me to see a better way.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8578720].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jimijam
        Originally Posted by tjaysen70 View Post

        $50K daily spend limit? WTF. Are you kidding? So I'm assuming that you're not reaching that spend max on any given day, or you'd be at like $1.5 mil per month. And this would be set up with what, AMEX black card that has no limit? This sounds like hype.
        You don't think there are people pulling down 6 figure days on FB? Small Mind...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8667123].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author biggenius
        Originally Posted by tjaysen70 View Post

        $50K daily spend limit? WTF. Are you kidding? So I'm assuming that you're not reaching that spend max on any given day, or you'd be at like $1.5 mil per month. And this would be set up with what, AMEX black card that has no limit? This sounds like hype.
        Who told you he is using Credit Card?

        It can be monthly invoiced or direct debit from bank.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9330238].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nadifi
    are you do it with landing page or direct cpa offer link? im new on cpa so i want to try direct link
    what you think about dating ofer direct link facebook ads
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8453395].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    I dunno, i'm still running with Facebook, my account is fine, never been banned, i've never promoted shady offers or anything not within their tos either..

    I do agree that they do not care for affiliates, they see affiliates as a dime a dozen, they'd much rather work with merchants directly..

    man this sounds like a google discussion years ago
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8453408].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author williamrs
      Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

      I dunno, i'm still running with Facebook, my account is fine, never been banned, i've never promoted shady offers or anything not within their tos either..

      I do agree that they do not care for affiliates, they see affiliates as a dime a dozen, they'd much rather work with merchants directly..

      man this sounds like a google discussion years ago
      Yes, I also have an old account that's still ok. But it has a huge daily spend limit and it's really old, so I think this is the reason why it's still ok. All my other accounts that are newer and have a lower spend limits don't receive the same treatment, so for new affiliates I think there is not an alternative.

      But, yes, I totally agree, it's just like Google a couple years ago...


      Originally Posted by papuanac1971 View Post

      Well, I use FB ad for a long time and I'm using it with only one fb account and never had problem.
      Point is that I ALWAYS point my add to Facebook fan page timeline and never direct to an offer or LP.
      Oh, yes, sure, with this approach it's definitely possible to keep the accounts safe.


      W
      Signature
      Steal My Profit Strategy



      >> Download Now <<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8455181].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shoyru
    Can I use the same first and last name on my new accounts? Or does it have to be different every time? (Using a new CC and new address).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8453480].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author papuanac1971
      Well, I use FB ad for a long time and I'm using it with only one fb account and never had problem.
      Point is that I ALWAYS point my add to Facebook fan page timeline and never direct to an offer or LP.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8453536].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shoyru
      Originally Posted by Shoyru View Post

      Can I use the same first and last name on my new accounts? Or does it have to be different every time? (Using a new CC and new address).
      Who Knows This?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8459725].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author williamrs
        Originally Posted by Shoyru View Post

        Who Knows This?
        I am not sure, but I don't use the same name... Although I am sure that there are other people with the same name as me and that it should be a reason for them not to block accounts based on the name, I still don't take the risk.


        W
        Signature
        Steal My Profit Strategy



        >> Download Now <<
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8461266].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rudysudarto
    Its very confusing for Facebook.

    I am from INdonesia, i see a lot of ads being inapproriate but yet facebook approve it .
    I saw someone ads a sunglasses but the ad image have very sexy woman , also biz op with clavage woman .......

    very very confusing while i read its not allow to do that on the fb ad guidelines but fb can approve that ads .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8453848].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vask
      Originally Posted by rudysudarto View Post

      Its very confusing for Facebook.

      I am from INdonesia, i see a lot of ads being inapproriate but yet facebook approve it .
      I saw someone ads a sunglasses but the ad image have very sexy woman , also biz op with clavage woman .......

      very very confusing while i read its not allow to do that on the fb ad guidelines but fb can approve that ads .
      You can get away with a lot of things with a Facebook rep behind you.

      Take this image for example, I've been killing it on this image (you can guess the niche and angle, right?) on Facebook on my white-hat account backed by my FB rep for a long time, but I cannot for the life of me get this image approved anywhere else on Facebook.

      Nope, I'm not afraid of anyone stealing this image. If you can get it approved on Facebook, then good for you and reap the profits. I already destroyed it on PoF, it has major banner blindness on PoF, but is still pumping out a consistently high CTR for me on Facebook for the past year.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8453994].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author alpinestars
        I can't believe it... i am now down to 2hours... trying to figure out... what angle and niche is that image...

        Am I that bad?

        well actually... maybe because I have no idea what is an ANGLE...

        but still.. I should be able to figure out... what NICHE is that...

        Originally Posted by vask View Post

        You can get away with a lot of things with a Facebook rep behind you.

        Take this image for example, I've been killing it on this image (you can guess the niche and angle, right?) on Facebook on my white-hat account backed by my FB rep for a long time, but I cannot for the life of me get this image approved anywhere else on Facebook.

        Nope, I'm not afraid of anyone stealing this image. If you can get it approved on Facebook, then good for you and reap the profits. I already destroyed it on PoF, it has major banner blindness on PoF, but is still pumping out a consistently high CTR for me on Facebook for the past year.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8993432].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mesmerist
          Originally Posted by alpinestars View Post

          I can't believe it... i am now down to 2hours... trying to figure out... what angle and niche is that image...

          Am I that bad?

          well actually... maybe because I have no idea what is an ANGLE...

          but still.. I should be able to figure out... what NICHE is that...
          Haha i can't figure that out too! Obviously it's not obvious what niche that is.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8993551].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author tinkerbell5
            This is a great thread! Just had a few questions about the prepaid card method...

            What monetary card amount is good for a new account? $100? $500?

            What do you do when you reach the card limit? Add a new prepaid card? Walk away from the FB account and start a new one?

            Do you use the same images & ad text when starting up again on a new FB account?

            Do you create ads immediately after opening the account or let them age at all?

            Thanks!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9316492].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author ankee1991
              Originally Posted by tinkerbell5 View Post

              This is a great thread! Just had a few questions about the prepaid card method...

              What monetary card amount is good for a new account? $100? $500?

              What do you do when you reach the card limit? Add a new prepaid card? Walk away from the FB account and start a new one?

              Do you use the same images & ad text when starting up again on a new FB account?

              Do you create ads immediately after opening the account or let them age at all?

              Thanks!
              New advertiser accounts will have a pretty low limit when starting out, under $500.

              You could use the same image and text, even if you just change a color or add a border around the image that helps too.

              Yes create ads immediately, aged accounts help a little bit but what really matter is how much money is spent on the account.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9316544].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rudysudarto

    Here is the image im talking about, a lot of more images seems not legit but its approved
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8454019].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author williamrs
      Originally Posted by rudysudarto View Post


      Here is the image im talking about, a lot of more images seems not legit but its approved
      What people usually do is to submit many ads with nice images at once and then include one or 2 ads with sexier images. The reviewers usually review one or 2 ads and approve all the rest.


      W
      Signature
      Steal My Profit Strategy



      >> Download Now <<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8458768].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
    The good part about Google hating affiliates and Facebook "hating" them is that it makes it less competitive for guys who know how to run things legitimately.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8455187].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DaveWarrior
    What do you do when Facebook asks for the government issued ID?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8462319].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author williamrs
      Originally Posted by DaveWarrior View Post

      What do you do when Facebook asks for the government issued ID?
      I am not in the US, but here I can simply put any ID.
      Signature
      Steal My Profit Strategy



      >> Download Now <<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8462723].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DaveWarrior
        Originally Posted by williamrs View Post

        I am not in the US, but here I can simply put any ID.
        But same name?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8462753].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author williamrs
          Originally Posted by DaveWarrior View Post

          But same name?
          Post #29


          W
          Signature
          Steal My Profit Strategy



          >> Download Now <<
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8465947].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author DaveWarrior
            Originally Posted by williamrs View Post

            Ok I see that, but what name do you use? I know as affiliates we feel like we need to do whatever it takes, but you can't just defraud a business as a long term strategy and unless you are using a legit name and have the authority to do so I think this is fraud.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8465970].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author williamrs
              Originally Posted by DaveWarrior View Post

              Ok I see that, but what name do you use? I know as affiliates we feel like we need to do whatever it takes, but you can't just defraud a business as a long term strategy and unless you are using a legit name and have the authority to do so I think this is fraud.
              You won't be stealing someone's name... we subscribe on websites using different names to protect our identity all the time.


              W
              Signature
              Steal My Profit Strategy



              >> Download Now <<
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8466240].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author russny
                Hi William,

                I just wanted to get your opinion about my situation.

                I have a personal Facebook account, which I've had for a long time, but decided to create a separate one just for ads. Shortly after setting up a campaign for an innocent game offer (ages 13+) and getting some conversions, my new account was first flagged, requesting to verify some information and a copy of my ID, and afterwards completely disabled by the Facebook Risk Management team. I wrote to them asking for an explanation, but haven't heard back. All ads were compliant with Facebook's guidelines.

                Now I know you (or anyone who cares to comment) can't answer this with any kind of certainty, but my questions is, if I start running offers with my personal Facebook account, which I have used in the past to advertise an artist page and some posts, is it highly likely that it will also get disabled even if I follow all advertising guidelines?

                Thanks in advance for your response!
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8467032].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author williamrs
                  Originally Posted by russny View Post

                  Hi William,

                  I just wanted to get your opinion about my situation.

                  I have a personal Facebook account, which I've had for a long time, but decided to create a separate one just for ads. Shortly after setting up a campaign for an innocent game offer (ages 13+) and getting some conversions, my new account was first flagged, requesting to verify some information and a copy of my ID, and afterwards completely disabled by the Facebook Risk Management team. I wrote to them asking for an explanation, but haven't heard back. All ads were compliant with Facebook's guidelines.

                  Now I know you (or anyone who cares to comment) can't answer this with any kind of certainty, but my questions is, if I start running offers with my personal Facebook account, which I have used in the past to advertise an artist page and some posts, is it highly likely that it will also get disabled even if I follow all advertising guidelines?

                  Thanks in advance for your response!
                  If you have used that accoutn only for personal purposes, yes. Accounts with a high daily spend limit that have been used for ads in the past may be able to run some offers, but if this isn't your case I don't think they will offer you a special treatment with that account.

                  However, if the the advertising account gets banned, I believe the personal account won't be affected. Obviously, I can't guarantee, but most of the times this type of thing doesn't affect the personal account.


                  Originally Posted by Azzishah87 View Post

                  Yesterday i had seen a video showing how to generate income by using affiliate link by creating ads on FB. If FACEBOOK banned the affiliate link then how that guys is been generating money through creating ads.

                  Do let me know regarding this.
                  You can use cloaking, you can create multiple accounts, you can use an old account with a high spend limit, etc... I don't know what they do, but there are a few alternatives.


                  W
                  Signature
                  Steal My Profit Strategy



                  >> Download Now <<
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8467965].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author russny
                    Thanks for your response, William!

                    So it sounds like I may need to resort to creating accounts using pre-paid cards eventually, after all. It's unfortunate, because I don't mind playing by their rules at all.

                    I'm not sure if this is something you can disclose in a public forum, but how would I obtain a different IP address every time I need to create a new Facebook account? And do you usually create a new email address through Google/Yahoo/Hotmail or setup different emails through a domain you own?

                    Thanks again for all the feedback!
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8470635].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author williamrs
                      Originally Posted by russny View Post

                      Thanks for your response, William!

                      So it sounds like I may need to resort to creating accounts using pre-paid cards eventually, after all. It's unfortunate, because I don't mind playing by their rules at all.

                      I'm not sure if this is something you can disclose in a public forum, but how would I obtain a different IP address every time I need to create a new Facebook account? And do you usually create a new email address through Google/Yahoo/Hotmail or setup different emails through a domain you own?

                      Thanks again for all the feedback!
                      You can usea VPN to change the IP address. I recommend overplay.net.

                      And, yes, for the emails you can use Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.


                      W
                      Signature
                      Steal My Profit Strategy



                      >> Download Now <<
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8471333].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author webskills
                        [DELETED]
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8496181].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author Dresden14
                          Can someone pm me ideas on how to fund the aged fake accounts? I'd rather not call my bank every week and say I lost my card for a new 16 digit #.... I'm assuming the prepaid cards at Walmart may not work?
                          Signature
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8538443].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author williamrs
                          Originally Posted by webskills View Post

                          Should you only use personal facebook accounts for creating ads or create a business page for, say a marketing company and use that for creating ads?
                          You can go for the 2nd one, but it won't ensure that your account is 100% safe.


                          Originally Posted by Dresden14 View Post

                          Can someone pm me ideas on how to fund the aged fake accounts? I'd rather not call my bank every week and say I lost my card for a new 16 digit #.... I'm assuming the prepaid cards at Walmart may not work?
                          You have to use prepaid cards.


                          Originally Posted by RafBe View Post

                          interesting thread
                          and my question is where to obtain prepaid credit card for FB?

                          thanks in advance
                          raf
                          It depends on where you are... you cna research on the internet and find prepaid card providers in your country. If you are in the US, Walmart is a good one.


                          W
                          Signature
                          Steal My Profit Strategy



                          >> Download Now <<
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8575837].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Azzishah87
    Yesterday i had seen a video showing how to generate income by using affiliate link by creating ads on FB. If FACEBOOK banned the affiliate link then how that guys is been generating money through creating ads.

    Do let me know regarding this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8467090].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rudysudarto
    For different ip , simply use vpn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8470813].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RafBe
    interesting thread
    and my question is where to obtain prepaid credit card for FB?

    thanks in advance
    raf
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8575825].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author badboy_Nick
    Do you know the reason why they hate affiliate so much? Simply because they need to make a profit based on CPA/CPL otherwise they stop advertising.

    Facebook wants the BIG money, the advertising budgets from agencies who don't care about cost and even tend to focus more on brand awareness than proper market metrics such as direct cost per acquisition etc.

    It's all about monetizing/selling their sub-prime impressions and clicks from kids, teenagers and young adults to big corporations who don't know any better

    Nick
    Signature
    Read my incredible story: www.affiliatechamp.co.uk
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8576163].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xrcv
    Facebook (ads) banned me for logging in from my mobile phone. They called it fraudulent activity. True story, nothing else to it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8576308].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnbrown12
    Well , there are plenty ways to make money through facebook but you have to be smart and ofcourse I believe your bad boy and good boy theory
    Signature
    How to make money from $3000 to $7000 per month:

    http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/530278285.htm

    *JOIN 900+ Warriors*
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8576556].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Martyfl
    I have to imagine that you do not provide identity information with a prepaid credit card. Otherwise you are just rotating account with the same name.

    If all you want are different credit card numbers, that is simple.

    Get a Bank of America credit card. They have a virtual credit card feature called ShopSafe. You simply enter the amount and the length of time you want the card to stay active. The system generates a unique card number, security code and expiration date. It is tied to your main credit card account. If they ask for a name or address of the card holder, it is the same. So, I don't know if this is useful or not.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8576910].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Samrath Gupta
      IMO-

      Well, Its time where we simply BANK and get TANKED!

      We aren't in a time where we see ourselves making $100/Day for months..

      Its time to make AS MUCH AS YOU can in shortest time before they throw a BOMB on you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8578077].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author williamrs
      Originally Posted by Martyfl View Post

      I have to imagine that you do not provide identity information with a prepaid credit card. Otherwise you are just rotating account with the same name.

      If all you want are different credit card numbers, that is simple.

      Get a Bank of America credit card. They have a virtual credit card feature called ShopSafe. You simply enter the amount and the length of time you want the card to stay active. The system generates a unique card number, security code and expiration date. It is tied to your main credit card account. If they ask for a name or address of the card holder, it is the same. So, I don't know if this is useful or not.
      The name isn't really a problem. How could they ban John Brown when there are hundreds of John Browns around then world? The CC# and zip code are more relevant when creating new accounts.


      W
      Signature
      Steal My Profit Strategy



      >> Download Now <<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8578662].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Beni1994al
    I think Twitter is better than Facebook for Internet Marketing .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8578267].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by Beni1994al View Post

      I think Twitter is better than Facebook for Internet Marketing .
      twitter is getting alot of limelight recently with this IPO float, so no wonder I am getting better results from Twitter lately.

      But I actually disagree, if you konw what you are doing with fan pages you can kill it. I am making about $900 a week with a smaller little fan page in a nice niche that is saturated too. Its about getting them from the fan page, into a list and going from there, but I am getting likes / fans for about 0.02 cents. I think it is better than twitter, but you have to be willing to test a bit.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8580380].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mithya
    Hello,

    Thanks for this great thread. Please help me with my question. Does facebook allow us to run ads on a new account, say on the same day that the account has been created?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8579269].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
    You can run campaigns right away without issue. The only thing is they have very low spend limits to start on new accounts.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8579534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ervinmry
    There's lots of opportunity to make a hefty sum if used correctly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8580397].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mithya
    Thanks for helping me PPC-Coach.
    This makes me wonder about one more question. If we can run the ads straightaway, cant people buy 50 dollars coupon for $5 from fiverr everytime and run the ads for free from new accounts? I know it cant be so simple, but I am still wondering.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8580961].message }}
  • Yes this is true, facebook cares a lot about his users, even more that about advertisers (us) who makes them money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8581092].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author williamrs
      Originally Posted by Pierre:Msolutions View Post

      Yes this is true, facebook cares a lot about his users, even more that about advertisers (us) who makes them money.
      Yes, right... After all, if the users stop using FB, will we still want to advertise with them?
      Signature
      Steal My Profit Strategy



      >> Download Now <<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8583937].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlexGeorge
    I don't think they hate affiliates, as a lot of their ad revenue comes from affiliates. I don't think they mind affiliates using their advertising system, or even setting up a fan page. They don't like people spamming though, or people who post about 100 offers per day to people. If you read their TOS, you can get a better idea of what you're allowed to do as an affiliate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8584706].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author williamrs
      Originally Posted by AlexGeorge View Post

      I don't think they hate affiliates, as a lot of their ad revenue comes from affiliates. I don't think they mind affiliates using their advertising system, or even setting up a fan page. They don't like people spamming though, or people who post about 100 offers per day to people. If you read their TOS, you can get a better idea of what you're allowed to do as an affiliate.
      Yes, that's right. The problem is that affiliates are just a small cut of their earnings (once I heard that before AdWords start banning affiliates, the aff ads were less than 4% of their earnings... maybe it's the same for FB) and many people in the affiliate industry try to run offers that are against their ToS. So, thy probably found easier (more cost-effective) to cut down on new affiliate accounts than analyze one by one on a regular basis.


      W
      Signature
      Steal My Profit Strategy



      >> Download Now <<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8587606].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kyraline
        Hi, I've been following this awesome thread for a while now. I received an email about Payoneer recently. They offer prepaid cards. Does anyone have any experience with them? Also I read some comments on problems with prepaid cards like not being able to cancel them?

        Next, a question that has been posed before, if you are using this method of burn and churn, and the accounts get banned relatively fast, do you spend any time/money on landing pages or use direct linking?

        Apart from all this you still want the ads approved of course. Assuming you are linking to external urls which FB doesn't like, to offers that are frowned upon like biz opps, how do you get them approved in the first place? (I know, getting the ads reviewed by someone in India at nighttime is one factor, but still..)
        Signature

        Johanna
        ______________________________________

        How much do you value your time? We create custom, live enabled, verified
        Youtube channels that stick
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8591234].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author williamrs
          Originally Posted by kyraline View Post

          Hi, I've been following this awesome thread for a while now. I received an email about Payoneer recently. They offer prepaid cards. Does anyone have any experience with them? Also I read some comments on problems with prepaid cards like not being able to cancel them?

          Next, a question that has been posed before, if you are using this method of burn and churn, and the accounts get banned relatively fast, do you spend any time/money on landing pages or use direct linking?

          Apart from all this you still want the ads approved of course. Assuming you are linking to external urls which FB doesn't like, to offers that are frowned upon like biz opps, how do you get them approved in the first place? (I know, getting the ads reviewed by someone in India at nighttime is one factor, but still..)
          The best is to you physical/plastic prepaid cards. If you are in the US, Walmart is a good option.

          About landing pages, most of the times you should use them, it has nothing to do with the acounts getting banned.

          Finally, about getting the ads approved, there are many methods, from using fan page tabs with redirection to cloaking.


          Originally Posted by newbieinternet View Post

          Should I use anonymous or identifying prepaid card ? If answering is identifying prepaid card, how to create card with different name ?

          Thank you !
          I believe they don't consider the name when banning accounts, so it shouldn't make a lot of difference.


          W
          Signature
          Steal My Profit Strategy



          >> Download Now <<
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8595605].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author newbieinternet
            I believe they don't consider the name when banning accounts, so it shouldn't make a lot of difference.
            W
            You mean I should use same name. Right ?

            Thank you !
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8596501].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author williamrs
              Originally Posted by newbieinternet View Post

              You mean I should use same name. Right ?

              Thank you !
              Yes, you can.
              Signature
              Steal My Profit Strategy



              >> Download Now <<
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8607731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Graham Dytor
    Very interesting (and thorough) information. There is definitely still potential to be found on FB, but the game is rapidly changing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8594919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author serumzgsh
    Its great to see you said yo dont wanna be a good boys anymore.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8596182].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnbrown12
    Facebook has a huge market if you know your stuff
    Signature
    How to make money from $3000 to $7000 per month:

    http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/530278285.htm

    *JOIN 900+ Warriors*
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8596400].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DaveWarrior
      Originally Posted by johnbrown12 View Post

      Facebook has a huge market if you know your stuff
      Great insights. Thanks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8667144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author saladflorida
    so you were saying that we should create fake account - advertise - get banned and repeat the process ?

    how long the account will last ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8718303].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author williamrs
      Originally Posted by saladflorida View Post

      so you were saying that we should create fake account - advertise - get banned and repeat the process ?

      how long the account will last ?
      Hahaha... yes, that's a way to describe the process... I mean, there are more things in the middle (the fact that you won't be actually damaging anyone or violating any terms), but, yes, you will probably need to be prepared to create new accounts if yours eventually get banned.

      Regarding the second question, it depends on the offers that you run as well as on how you run them. Could be a few days or several weeks.


      W
      Signature
      Steal My Profit Strategy



      >> Download Now <<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8719264].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author biggenius
      Originally Posted by saladflorida View Post

      so you were saying that we should create fake account - advertise - get banned and repeat the process ?

      how long the account will last ?
      5-90 days or more depending on what kind of ads you have.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9330246].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mesmerist
    Hi William, when doing the churn and burn strategy, every time you created a new fb account, do you run ads immediately on the same day, or do you wait for a few days before running any ad campaigns?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8992954].message }}

Trending Topics