1800% ROI on the simplest thing...

14 replies
So, a about a week ago I went on iwriter.com to outsource an article on a trending topic. It was a high quality 700 word article which I spent $5 on. Then I published it on content sharing sites for free including my affiliate link for the product inside the article.
Yesterday I woke up to $95!
That's a whopping 1800% increase!
Great stuff!
#1800% #roi #simplest #thing
  • Profile picture of the author Glynn Kosky
    Well done Chap.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9041830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author egoldzone
    Congratulations mate... can you share with me your source
    Signature
    > Instant Traffic Formula : Top Affiliate Make $568K in 30 days
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9042308].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Nice work, have you worked on scaling this?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9042396].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JRWashington
      Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

      Nice work, have you worked on scaling this?
      Well, I thought about it, but I am not sure it'll work again, because it was a quite "controversial" topic which now settled down a bit.
      Signature
      Entrepreneur and Part-time Geek

      -- Current Blog Post on JRWashington.com: --
      (What are you waiting on? It's free to read!)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9042820].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JustinDupre
    ^ That was the key to the campaign then. It's a common tactic. Pick something that was in the news, find a way to capitalize off of it with an offer, trivia, poll, survey, etc, rinse and repeat. It's not the most consistent paycheck, but its a quick way to make quick money. It won't sustain a long term business, though.
    Signature
    I offer CPA coaching and investment opportunities for those SERIOUSLY interested in making money directly or indirectly with affiliate marketing. PM me for details.


    Read More about CPA/Affiliate Marketing on my Blog
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9042847].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Greedy
    It may not work again, but maybe you can develop and eye of spotting these controversial topics.

    It'll probably be very hit or miss, but the effort and risk you are part does seem small, I would probably try it again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9043887].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alpinestars
    Honestly, I really do not like those marketers who tries to take advantage of current events...

    I did not mean to offend you @op... I have no idea what you are trying to promote or get money off...

    but I have seen those marketers that just crosses the line...

    Like for example: I saw an ad in facebook... (a news feed ad)... about the "Missing Malaysian Airplane"... I mean... those things are seriously depressing... especially... if one of your family is on that plane... and some people are trying to make money out of it... the worst thing is that.. they are advertising farticle/flogs and etc...

    No offense intended to OP...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9043968].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JRWashington
      Originally Posted by alpinestars View Post

      Honestly, I really do not like those marketers who tries to take advantage of current events...

      I did not mean to offend you @op... I have no idea what you are trying to promote or get money off...

      but I have seen those marketers that just crosses the line...

      Like for example: I saw an ad in facebook... (a news feed ad)... about the "Missing Malaysian Airplane"... I mean... those things are seriously depressing... especially... if one of your family is on that plane... and some people are trying to make money out of it... the worst thing is that.. they are advertising farticle/flogs and etc...

      No offense intended to OP...
      No offense taken. Although I think you are relating this
      "I really do not like those marketers who tries to take advantage of current events..."
      To events that would be unethical to profit from. I agree with you, but in this case it was more of something that happened in the marketing world. So nothing unethical
      Signature
      Entrepreneur and Part-time Geek

      -- Current Blog Post on JRWashington.com: --
      (What are you waiting on? It's free to read!)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9044400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author williamrs
    Congratulations!

    As others have stated above, it's probably not something sustainable or consistent. However, it can help you make a budget for more "professional" strategies that can be more profitable and solid in the long run.

    Anyway, that was a successful action and you played a smart move, so keep up the good work!
    Signature
    Steal My Profit Strategy



    >> Download Now <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9044478].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JRWashington
      Originally Posted by williamrs View Post

      Congratulations!

      As others have stated above, it's probably not something sustainable or consistent. However, it can help you make a budget for more "professional" strategies that can be more profitable and solid in the long run.

      Anyway, that was a successful action and you played a smart move, so keep up the good work!
      Thank you!

      Although it was never a business plan of mine to begin with. Rather just an informational blog post which I wrote for fun and considered implementing in my marketing funnel somehow
      Signature
      Entrepreneur and Part-time Geek

      -- Current Blog Post on JRWashington.com: --
      (What are you waiting on? It's free to read!)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9044615].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jdenhaan
    Anything to do with the google slap on my blog guest by any chance?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9045069].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JRWashington
      Originally Posted by jdenhaan View Post

      Anything to do with the google slap on my blog guest by any chance?
      Nope, as mentioned it was related to my sales funnel
      Signature
      Entrepreneur and Part-time Geek

      -- Current Blog Post on JRWashington.com: --
      (What are you waiting on? It's free to read!)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9046634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Glynn Kosky
    Top Thread...

    BOOKMARKED!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9048457].message }}

Trending Topics