Facebook good for CPA

by brp002
16 replies
Hey so I got some ads running on Facebook now.

Have people had success with facebook?

Also what was your CTR?

Thanks,
Brian
#cpa #facebook #good
  • Profile picture of the author Fox30
    Originally Posted by brp002 View Post

    Hey so I got some ads running on Facebook now.

    Have people had success with facebook?

    Also what was your CTR?

    Thanks,
    Brian

    YES!...Seriously...check out my WSO on my sig.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[872992].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author malcasid
    I haven't been able to be profitable with facebook. But, lots of people are having success with it. It would be best to find a good guide on facebook ppc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[873019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eric Stanley
    Facebook PPC, in tandem with laser targeted traffic, converts VERY well. With the right offers, CTRs up to 10% are pretty normal. Here's a tip -- Gamefly.com converts VERY well in the gaming vertical on facebook. Be sure to see if your network/offer allows facebook traffic!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[873711].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
      Originally Posted by Eric Stanley View Post

      Facebook PPC, in tandem with laser targeted traffic, converts VERY well. With the right offers, CTRs up to 10% are pretty normal. Here's a tip -- Gamefly.com converts VERY well in the gaming vertical on facebook. Be sure to see if your network/offer allows facebook traffic!
      ah..nice..i got gamefly!


      malc: are you the programmer of PPCBully? Just out of curiosity.
      Signature
      *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
      -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
      *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
      Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[886846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robin L.
    Alot of the offers I look at don't allow social media, so I haven't even had a chance to implement it just yet. And I have over 600 friends on FB. What kind of offers does the networks allow for FB? Anyone know?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[874164].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jays80
      Facebook traffic coverts well, if you know what are you doing. Only problem getting ads running, its really pain in the n***.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[874973].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Fox30
        Originally Posted by Amfire View Post

        Facebook traffic coverts well, if you know what are you doing. Only problem getting ads running, its really pain in the n***.
        It's weird...I've had the same issue with some offers. The interesting thing is that i've set up the same exact campaign twice, and it'll get approved the second time around. It's as if a different person looked at it and approved it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[875420].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author lalfan03
          Originally Posted by Fox30 View Post

          It's weird...I've had the same issue with some offers. The interesting thing is that i've set up the same exact campaign twice, and it'll get approved the second time around. It's as if a different person looked at it and approved it.
          Thanks for this Fox30. I tried placing an ad on Facebook last week and I received about a page long reply on why it wasn't approved. I thought it was a very good ad. Maybe someone was having a bad day.

          Robert
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[899151].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author J Bold
      Originally Posted by Robin L. View Post

      Alot of the offers I look at don't allow social media, so I haven't even had a chance to implement it just yet. And I have over 600 friends on FB. What kind of offers does the networks allow for FB? Anyone know?

      You are talking about marketing to your friends on facebook, which some people would consider basically just spamming your friends. However, everyone else on this thread for the most part is talking about buying advertising from facebook itself and running ads on facebook, which is accepted by any network as far as I know. The networks that say no myspace, facebook marketing, etc. just don't allow social media in terms of spamming friends or putting affiliate links on your personal profile or a fake facebook profile you use for marketing.

      As to your question about "what kind of offers does the networks allow for FB?" it varies wildly and from case to case, there is no definite answer. You just have to look at the terms for each cpa network and each offer if want to use facebook for marketing in terms of putting up links on group pages your own page, sending messages to friends, etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[886024].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brp002
    Yea.... So I got a ad approved and have been running ads for 1 day now.

    The suggested CPC was 0.44 I put mine at 0.27 and started getting a few impressions

    So I raised it up to 0.35 and started getting a little more. Finally 0.42

    After a day my CTR is .04 which is terrible...

    I have also read about people that are having terrible CTR on facebook.

    Does anyone have any advice.
    Signature

    If you want a link here please email me!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[875646].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author malcasid
      Originally Posted by brp002 View Post

      Yea.... So I got a ad approved and have been running ads for 1 day now.

      The suggested CPC was 0.44 I put mine at 0.27 and started getting a few impressions

      So I raised it up to 0.35 and started getting a little more. Finally 0.42

      After a day my CTR is .04 which is terrible...

      I have also read about people that are having terrible CTR on facebook.

      Does anyone have any advice.
      You should do some targeting. You can target by age, sex, education, interests, etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[875727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kirch
    The biggest headache with FB is getting the ads approved.Even not typing a punctuation like a fullstop at the end of the ad. will get u r ad disapproved.They follow grammer strictly .I once copied the ads which are already running on facbook and submitted for approval.Still they have not approved my ads.as they are not in line with thier guidelines.After 30 or so disapprovals finally I got my ads running.The CTR is pathatic,on the average of less than .03% !!.
    Luckily for me I used a $250 Voucher and ended up with out much loss.
    FB advertising works best for dating offers and email/zip/PIN submit offers.FB does not allow BIZ OPP /Dieting/MLM offers
    Signature

    .

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[885648].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author timpears
    Well I am not a CPA or FB expert, but I did just buy Fox30's WSO earlier today, and I like it a lot. It is pretty simple to follow, and he explains how to choose the right offers and target them for the best results. Like he said in his post earlier in this thread, check out his WSO in his signature. I think it is good and it will answer most of your questions.
    Signature

    Tim Pears

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[885923].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cyrus
    Facebook Ads wasn't profitable for me for Promoting CPA Offers.. I got a lot clicks with very less Conversion Rates
    Signature
    US VIRTUAL BANK ACCOUNT + US ADDRESS + VISA DEBIT CARD Available
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[887130].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author YoungMoulah
    I don't rate facebook ads that much. There's cheaper and more profitable ways of promoting cpa offers in my eyes.

    Facebook is damn expensive!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[897744].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Clutterbuck
    I have yet to try facebook ads fro my CPA offers but it is something i will be testing very soon. But I have heard so many stories of people killing facebook with there CPA offers.

    You could also use the facebook apps to turn a profit too. I mean just look at how the casino type apps work....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[906376].message }}

Trending Topics