How To Write An Article With ChatGPT

by max5ty
34 replies
I don't write a lot of articles, but I read quite a few.

Having said that...

It seems a lot of writers will just log into ChatGPT and ask it something like: Write me an article on arthritis (example).

Then, maybe they'll tweak it a little and post it.

I think there's a better way...and this is just my theory on how to write a good article with AI.

Start with an outline...

What is arthritis?
What are the symptoms of arthritis?
Who does arthritis affect?
What do I do if I have arthritis?
Is there a cure for arthritis?
Can I live with arthritis?
Are there any new medical breakthroughs for arthritis?

the above is just an example...

but then you would ask AI each question and get an answer...you would then combine all the questions from your outline into different sections of your article.

This would make the article more interesting and cover the subject in more detail. Plus, your creativity would shine through and set you apart from others that are using AI to write basic articles.

To some, this may seem like common sense...but I don't see a lot of writers using the outline method for their articles.

Just my thoughts. Maybe you have some different ideas?
#article #chatgpt #write
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    Max, the method you're suggesting is how writers have always researched articles - at least back in the day when articles were written to be read by real people.

    Maybe that's how AI will end up being used. But at the moment, I'm guessing the main attraction of AI is that articles can be churned out using the minimum amount of effort possible. Coming up with interesting and relevant questions to create a useful piece of work seems to be beyond the ambition.
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749638].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author max5ty
      Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

      Max, the method you're suggesting is how writers have always researched articles - at least back in the day when articles were written to be read by real people.

      Maybe that's how AI will end up being used. But at the moment, I'm guessing the main attraction of AI is that articles can be churned out using the minimum amount of effort possible. Coming up with interesting and relevant questions to create a useful piece of work seems to be beyond the ambition.
      I think once the newness of ChatGPT and others like it wears off people will realize it doesn't entice any more readers to read their stuff than before AI. Most of the blogs and articles out there right now aren't accomplishing any more than they did before AI. It's what I call confusing effort with results.

      Good article writers (I think) can still shine with their work by using outlines as they did before.

      I know there are those that think AI will put writers out of business...but I think good writers will still be in demand because they have the knowledge on how to write an interesting article.

      A good writer can still use the same skills that made them good without AI to make AI work for them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749640].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
        Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

        I think once the newness of ChatGPT and others like it wears off people will realize it doesn't entice any more readers to read their stuff than before AI. Most of the blogs and articles out there right now aren't accomplishing any more than they did before AI. It's what I call confusing effort with results.
        I'd call it confusing writing with text. Those who say "content is king" forget that the internet is a republic, one that thrives on interaction. Blogs started out as a platform for interaction, but now they mostly exist to throw "content" at people, plastering the web with paragraph after paragraph of pre-determined word counts designed to attract search engine bots.

        Even without any physical interaction, writing is still an interactive process, involving the reader as much as the author. The reader gets to interpret the thoughts of the writer, or put their own stamp on it. The joy of the process is that different readers will have different interpretations. Writing should be a meeting of minds.

        The danger with regurgitated AI-generated text, however professionally composed it might be, however creatively it gets manipulated, is that the reader will lose the skill of reading - or lose the will to learn.

        We'll all become consumers of the literary equivalent of fast food.
        Signature


        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749683].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scottsmith8100
      Right, I hope the cream will still rise to the top (Of course, AI may be the cream. Gulp.)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11750941].message }}
  • One thing is for sure:

    Focus here is mostly on the procreatahs an' whethah they gonna be replaced by Docility-2-Go smarts.

    If'n you can max out your intrinsic hooman value, eithah you can summon Chat GPT from the pit like sum arcane wizzud, or you can ignore it entirely an' jus do whatchya do -- assoomin' AI don't steal an' warp yr stuff in the meantime.

    BUT TO HELL WITH THE PROCREATAHS!

    Gotta look in deep here on the consoomahs.

    Like I said, Chat GPT gonna throw out a whole buncha content.

    Likely we ain't nevah gonna run outta freebie foddah ... an' yet we also imbibin' tainted regurgitorials along the way.

    Less'n the AI can figure it leechin' offa an AI-generated source.

    So the more AI content you gaht out there, upon which hoomans an' AI can feed, the more the AI stuff gonna look jus' like itself, and the more the hooman touch gonna appeah STRIKIN'.

    Tellya, AI can drink its own pee much as it likes, but as a natchrl consoomah kinda pernickety 'bout genrl SQUOIT, I ain't too happy to be showahed by no nonsense -- spechly if'n it psoodoverbatim.
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749648].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Reddevil007
      Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

      One thing is for sure:

      Focus here is mostly on the procreatahs an' whethah they gonna be replaced by Docility-2-Go smarts.

      If'n you can max out your intrinsic hooman value, eithah you can summon Chat GPT from the pit like sum arcane wizzud, or you can ignore it entirely an' jus do whatchya do -- assoomin' AI don't steal an' warp yr stuff in the meantime.

      BUT TO HELL WITH THE PROCREATAHS!

      Gotta look in deep here on the consoomahs.

      Like I said, Chat GPT gonna throw out a whole buncha content.

      Likely we ain't nevah gonna run outta freebie foddah ... an' yet we also imbibin' tainted regurgitorials along the way.

      Less'n the AI can figure it leechin' offa an AI-generated source.

      So the more AI content you gaht out there, upon which hoomans an' AI can feed, the more the AI stuff gonna look jus' like itself, and the more the hooman touch gonna appeah STRIKIN'.

      Tellya, AI can drink its own pee much as it likes, but as a natchrl consoomah kinda pernickety 'bout genrl SQUOIT, I ain't too happy to be showahed by no nonsense -- spechly if'n it psoodoverbatim.
      Dear princess sometimes it's very hard to pick up what you write but you know what it's ok!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749722].message }}
  • ** This is for SEO content ...

    Wrote this in programmatic logic:

    1) Use DataForSEO API to harvest top 50 exact match keywords with significant search volume in target geo and device;

    2) Use Selenium to harvest top longtail keywords from Google's Related Searches section and auto-suggestions for primary and secondary exact match keywords taken from list produced by step 1;

    3) Use Selenium to harvest top question-type keywords from Google's People Also Ask section for primary and secondary keywords;

    4) Use SERPAPI to harvest header outline of top organic page result in Google (set to target geo and device);

    5) Enter programmatically generated dynamic system and user prompts (assume from this point that system and user prompts fed to GPT4 are designed for target audience copywriting optimization and SEO, along with optimum readability like header, sentence and paragraph character limits based on Google's SERP display limits) in GPT4 API to generate much better and more SE-optimized header outline than harvested header outline from top organic page result in Google, and naturally mention primary, secondary and two longtail keywords for H1, H2 and H3s, respectively;

    6) Use GPT4 API with dynamic system and user prompts to generate meta data (meta / SEO title and meta description), use primary and secondary keywords, and one longtail keyword;

    7) Use GPT4 API and programmatically generated dynamic list of relevant target deep links with suitable text anchors to generate intro paragraphs with clickable text-anchored hyperlinks pointing to corresponding deep pages;

    8) Use programmatic logic to display banner image link pointing to relevant deep page (to boost onpage SEO), then GPT4 API to generate 1 to 2-sentence call to action under banner to entice target audience to keep on reading;

    9) Use GPT4 to generate table of contents for H2 sections placed as same page hyperlinks pointing to corresponding sections (for onpage SEO, mainly for easy crawling and indexing);

    10) Use SERPAPI and GPT4 to find relevant Youtube video, provide enticing 1-paragraph summary about video, and embed video;

    11) Use SERPAPI and GPT4 to provide summary of case study and report stats along with its implications to relevant activities of target audience under relevant stats H2 through paragraphs, H3s, bullet and numbered lists (whatever makes sense to improve content readability), and place clickable hyperlinks to source of up-to-date data;

    12 Use SERPAPI and GPT4 to generate content under H2 and H3 sections with paragraphs, bullet and numbered lists, along with text-anchored hyperlinks pointing to external pages with relevant content under highly reputable domains, while naturally mentioning primary, secondary and longtail keywords whenever it makes sense;

    13 Use Pixabay API to place relevant images that link to sources under randomly selected H2s and H3s, and also use programmatic logic plus GPT4 to place alt text descriptions of images with target keywords;

    14) Use programmatic logic and GPT4 to generate FAQs H2 section using target question-type keywords as H3s; and

    15) Use programmatic logic and GPT4 to generate Relevant Resources H2 section with text-anchored hyperlinks pointing to deep pages and external relevant pages under reputable domains ...

    I save this in HTML format. This is a loop that uses the next primary and secondary keywords in the list gathered from step 1, and starts with step 2. And, my code doesn't use the same top organic page to harvest header outlines. Instead, it moves on to the next organic result in Google by comparing previous URL against current dynamically harvested URL ...

    Aside from integrating affiliate links as text-anchored hyperlinks or templated CTA buttons, or templated CTA buttons for mailing list subscription, which I just implemented the other day -- Any recommendations to improve this process?

    Note: I don't use Chat GPT for this. Instead, I use premium GPT4 API subscription along with GPT4 model (not Chat GPT3.5 Turbo model).
    Signature
    • Deep Learning & Machine Vision Engineer: ARIA Research (Sydney, AU)
    • Founder: Grayscale (Manila, PH) & SEO Campaign Manager: Kiteworks, Inc. (SF, US)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749696].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrawad
      Originally Posted by Marx Vergel Melencio View Post

      ** This is for SEO content ...

      Wrote this in programmatic logic:

      1) Use DataForSEO API to harvest top 50 exact match keywords with significant search volume in target geo and device;

      2) Use Selenium to harvest top longtail keywords from Google's Related Searches section and auto-suggestions for primary and secondary exact match keywords taken from list produced by step 1;

      3) Use Selenium to harvest top question-type keywords from Google's People Also Ask section for primary and secondary keywords;

      4) Use SERPAPI to harvest header outline of top organic page result in Google (set to target geo and device);

      5) Enter programmatically generated dynamic system and user prompts (assume from this point that system and user prompts fed to GPT4 are designed for target audience copywriting optimization and SEO, along with optimum readability like header, sentence and paragraph character limits based on Google's SERP display limits) in GPT4 API to generate much better and more SE-optimized header outline than harvested header outline from top organic page result in Google, and naturally mention primary, secondary and two longtail keywords for H1, H2 and H3s, respectively;

      6) Use GPT4 API with dynamic system and user prompts to generate meta data (meta / SEO title and meta description), use primary and secondary keywords, and one longtail keyword;

      7) Use GPT4 API and programmatically generated dynamic list of relevant target deep links with suitable text anchors to generate intro paragraphs with clickable text-anchored hyperlinks pointing to corresponding deep pages;

      8) Use programmatic logic to display banner image link pointing to relevant deep page (to boost onpage SEO), then GPT4 API to generate 1 to 2-sentence call to action under banner to entice target audience to keep on reading;

      9) Use GPT4 to generate table of contents for H2 sections placed as same page hyperlinks pointing to corresponding sections (for onpage SEO, mainly for easy crawling and indexing);

      10) Use SERPAPI and GPT4 to find relevant Youtube video, provide enticing 1-paragraph summary about video, and embed video;

      11) Use SERPAPI and GPT4 to provide summary of case study and report stats along with its implications to relevant activities of target audience under relevant stats H2 through paragraphs, H3s, bullet and numbered lists (whatever makes sense to improve content readability), and place clickable hyperlinks to source of up-to-date data;

      12 Use SERPAPI and GPT4 to generate content under H2 and H3 sections with paragraphs, bullet and numbered lists, along with text-anchored hyperlinks pointing to external pages with relevant content under highly reputable domains, while naturally mentioning primary, secondary and longtail keywords whenever it makes sense;

      13 Use Pixabay API to place relevant images that link to sources under randomly selected H2s and H3s, and also use programmatic logic plus GPT4 to place alt text descriptions of images with target keywords;

      14) Use programmatic logic and GPT4 to generate FAQs H2 section using target question-type keywords as H3s; and

      15) Use programmatic logic and GPT4 to generate Relevant Resources H2 section with text-anchored hyperlinks pointing to deep pages and external relevant pages under reputable domains ...

      I save this in HTML format. This is a loop that uses the next primary and secondary keywords in the list gathered from step 1, and starts with step 2. And, my code doesn't use the same top organic page to harvest header outlines. Instead, it moves on to the next organic result in Google by comparing previous URL against current dynamically harvested URL ...

      Aside from integrating affiliate links as text-anchored hyperlinks or templated CTA buttons, or templated CTA buttons for mailing list subscription, which I just implemented the other day -- Any recommendations to improve this process?

      Note: I don't use Chat GPT for this. Instead, I use premium GPT4 API subscription along with GPT4 model (not Chat GPT3.5 Turbo model).
      Your current process is quite comprehensive, but there are a few recommendations that could potentially improve the process:

      - Caching results: To avoid repeated API calls for the same keywords or queries, you can implement caching. This can be done using a simple dictionary in Python to store results or using a more advanced caching system like Redis.

      - Randomized sleep intervals: When using Selenium to scrape Google results, consider implementing randomized sleep intervals between actions to avoid being detected as a bot.
      Error handling and retries: Enhance error handling in your code, particularly when making API calls or using Selenium. If an error occurs, you may want to implement retry logic with exponential backoff to ensure your script continues running even if temporary issues occur.

      - Parallelism: To speed up the process, consider running some of the steps concurrently using Python's concurrent.futures module. This can help reduce the overall time needed to complete the process, especially when dealing with a large number of keywords.

      - Content uniqueness: To avoid generating similar content for different keywords, you can customize the GPT-4 prompts by adding more context, specifying different writing styles, or asking for more unique angles.

      - User engagement tracking: Integrate user engagement tracking tools like Google Analytics or other analytics solutions. This will help you monitor the performance of your content, identify popular sections or pages, and optimize your content generation process accordingly.

      - A/B testing: Experiment with different header outlines, CTAs, and content structures to find the most effective format for your target audience. A/B testing tools can help you systematically compare different versions of your content and identify the best performers.

      - Mobile-friendliness: Ensure your generated HTML content is mobile-friendly by incorporating responsive design techniques. This will help improve your content's usability and SEO performance on mobile devices.

      - Monitoring and maintenance: Regularly monitor your content generation process to ensure it's running smoothly, and update your code as needed to adapt to changes in APIs or Google's layout.

      - Content review: Periodically review the generated content to ensure it meets your quality standards and doesn't contain any issues. You can also use tools like Grammarly or LanguageTool for automated grammar and spelling checks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749953].message }}
      • @chrawad,

        Thanks for taking time to provide insightful recommendations!
        Yes, I make it a point to always implement the stuff you mentioned into my code, along with other similar proactive optimizations.
        But nonetheless, your suggestions are likely to help out others here -- Thanks again!

        P.S. Following @chrawad's initiative on this -- Here's an interesting system prompt for GPT4 API users who might want to ensure more conversational prose for their generated content:

        system_prompt = 'You are a friendly conversationalist, an expert [ enter the target role you want ], and a creative direct response copywriter. You always write as engaging and as humanly natural as possible for your work to pass AI content detection tools. Also, you always write with high levels of \"burstiness\", which is defined as the level of variations of sentences. This means you sometimes write longer or more complex sentences alongside shorter ones. Plus, you write with the highest degree of perplexity, which is defined as the complexity of your prose. More so, you always write with maximum coherence and optimum relevance.'

        user_prompt = '[ enter your specific instructions here ]'

        I hope this helps!
        Signature
        • Deep Learning & Machine Vision Engineer: ARIA Research (Sydney, AU)
        • Founder: Grayscale (Manila, PH) & SEO Campaign Manager: Kiteworks, Inc. (SF, US)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Akhiyani Jai
    How do I write a blog article on ChatGPT?


    I
    I suggest you follow your usual process of writing a blog post and ask ChatGPT for suggestions and help at any stage, for instance: Blog title. Outline.
    ...
    Let's go over a few examples.
    Blog Post Title. ...
    Blog Post Outline. ...
    Introduction. ...
    Content. ...
    Conclusion. ...
    Image Ideas. ...
    Using Copywriting Frameworks. ...
    Writing the Meta Description.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749738].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author max5ty
    Marx Vergel Melencio - This all sounds interesting, and I have no doubt it works since you say it does...for me though it's so far over my head I wouldn't know where to start. I need one of those AI for dummies type lessons.

    It so happens I got an email today from one of Agora's top copywriters. Was a couple of interesting things about using AI in copywriting...but since this thread is about articles I'll only mention a couple...

    first, there was this saying:

    "An AI won't take your job. But a person who learns how to use it might."

    He, like most good copywriters, has played around with AI. The consensus always seems to be that it's good and can be helpful, but just isn't at the level yet to replace good copywriters for a number of reasons.

    For article writing, I think it can be used somewhat successfully.

    The main factor though, regardless of how many articles you put out...you still need a product that people want to buy...

    pretty much comes down to what are you selling, and does anybody want to buy it.

    Was thinking the other day about the phone directories that used to get dropped off on porches. Haven't seen those in I can't remember how long.

    I'd imagine somebody was upset when they lost the contracts to print all those huge books...

    and yellow pages...

    are they even a thing anymore?

    Not to mention newspapers which took a big hit when the internet came along.

    So, I think whether we want to embrace AI or not, it's here and isn't going away...so we might as well learn to use it the best we can.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749766].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    I think Frank's onto something...


    I see a lot of articles where people seem to forget why and for whom they are writing.


    Example:
    Title: 7 Tricks to...


    Before they get to the tricks, there's a long, long part with a subtitle: What Is...


    Where you get the definition /description, at the most basic level.


    Then a section titles: Who Does It Affect (or Who Benefits From...)


    And, three thousand words later, you get to the tricks. Which are not tricks, but the most basic things you can do if you have / want / play with whatever the topic is.


    Seems like the only thought behind the article is.. Write 4000 words. Write 4000 words. Write 4000 words.


    AI cannot supply the pre-research... the who should I address and why.


    AI, at least at this point, can steal info and organize it... You need to tell it which info to steal and how to organize it...



    If you're going to promote as an affiliate a lose-weight product... You have a lot of competition, so, it seems, if you're the average marketer, you say to yourself: write 4000 articles on the keyword: lose belly fat fast.


    And you just regurgitate...


    And AI, can help you do that much faster.


    But what if you ask AI to write you an article on staying healthy for men over 50 who have diabetes and bad knees?


    And what if, before you even do that, you make a plan of the total articles you're going to write for the year on the topic...


    Because, once you've written the one for staying healthy for men over 50 who have diabetes and bad knees, you can go many ways:
    recipes
    exercises that are easy on the knees
    exercise equipment you need
    workout routines with weights / without weights.


    And that lets you create proper SEO silo's and easy (useful) navigation.


    But, it seems, we're going where people will just push out tons of words and people who know most of the words mean nothing but do not know how to read or where to find the ones that do.



    That's the part AI writers do not have figured out yet... Ditto for a lot of marketers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749788].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
      Originally Posted by DABK View Post

      But, it seems, we're going where people will just push out tons of words and people who know most of the words mean nothing but do not know how to read or where to find the ones that do.
      To be fair to AI, there's always been a thriving market for junk writing. Many sites were stuffed with "500 words for $5" articles until they lost any ranking love. Then the consensus moved on to 750 - 1,000 words being the Google sweet spot.

      Word count is a perverse measure of quality content. If a piece of writing fails to resonate with the reader, 500 words is too long. When it's engaging and thought-provoking, 1,000 words aren't enough.
      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749794].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        Correct. But I think that making it easy to spew words will increase the number of content pieces that use word-count as the only quality criteria enormously.

        And we will start getting bombarded with complaints about how my 10000 4000-word pieces that the best AI wrote there is cannot be found in Google.

        Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

        To be fair to AI, there's always been a thriving market for junk writing. Many sites were stuffed with "500 words for $5" articles until they lost any ranking love. Then the consensus moved on to 750 - 1,000 words being the Google sweet spot.

        Word count is a perverse measure of quality content. If a piece of writing fails to resonate with the reader, 500 words is too long. When it's engaging and thought-provoking, 1,000 words aren't enough.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749812].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author max5ty
    DABK -

    So, my main question is...

    as ChatGPT (and others) become more and more popular, why does anyone need to go to any website to read an article?

    Why don't they just log in and ask the question about diets for men over 50 themselves?

    Why waste their time going around the internet and reading different articles?

    I think what some are missing is that most in the AI world are saying that search engines will become answer engines...people will just ask a question and get an answer that is as long and detailed as they want.

    This is why I commented in another thread that I believe articles that are personal and tell personal stories are going to be the winners. People want personal answers from someone that has been there and done that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749798].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
      Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

      DABK -
      So, my main question is...
      as ChatGPT (and others) become more and more popular, why does anyone need to go to any website to read an article?

      Why don't they just log in and ask the question about diets for men over 50 themselves?

      Why waste their time going around the internet and reading different articles?

      I think what some are missing is that most in the AI world are saying that search engines will become answer engines...people will just ask a question and get an answer that is as long and detailed as they want.

      This is why I commented in another thread that I believe articles that are personal and tell personal stories are going to be the winners. People want personal answers from someone that has been there and done that.
      Bing and Google are in a war to do just this^^^^ Eliminate the need to go anywhere else for content.

      All those just starting blogs, and even curated blog content, becomes almost obsolete with Bing AI, like Frank and max5ty says, they just ask AI directly.

      What saves the article writer, maybe, just might be...his/her personality/style.

      This point hasn't been addressed enough, those using AI to write their content, and post it somewhere like their blog or forum...why leave the AI?

      Good, maybe GREAT point max5ty, and Frank, thanks.

      GordonJ
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749800].message }}
    • @max5ty,

      Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

      This is why I commented in another thread that I believe articles that are personal and tell personal stories are going to be the winners. People want personal answers from someone that has been there and done that.
      Yes. Though not in all cases when talking about the first time you become visible to your target prospects. In my experience, a much more personal style for marketing content is mainly for B2C marketing communication.

      But in particular B2B and academia spaces where I've specialized for the past 2 decades, "personal touch" begins to happen after the first few face-to-face meetings, or after preliminary video conferences, or after the first set of email exchanges.

      And, a version of this that converts into long-term B2B contracts happens over beer, whiskey, food and recreational activities between myself and key decision makers of my client companies, all of whom have become my good friends throughout the years ...

      So yeah, "targeting" (knowing your audience), as what's mentioned in this thread earlier.
      Signature
      • Deep Learning & Machine Vision Engineer: ARIA Research (Sydney, AU)
      • Founder: Grayscale (Manila, PH) & SEO Campaign Manager: Kiteworks, Inc. (SF, US)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749842].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author max5ty
    Thanks Gordon -

    What I've thought for a while now is that all these blog writers and article writers that are jumping with joy over the new way to write, are really failing to realize they're excited over a tool that just may, and probably will render their blogs and articles useless...

    unless, and like you also mention...they learn that people want a personal experience with someone that has personal experience with what they're talking about. AI can help, but can't replace a person's personal experiences.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749802].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
      Thanks to you max5ty.

      7 Reasons Why I Won't Use Artificial Intelligence (AI)...and why YOU shouldn't either.

      Headline ^^for my new (just thought of) report on Anti AI.

      How not to get caught in the hype and never give a thought to AI, and still make money online.

      Maybe I go full circle. Back to high touch, low tech. Someone sent me a TV show deck pitch today and they used Canva. Sure, it is a visual media, but most shows are still picked up from a good tag line, a synopsis, and fully fleshed out idea...on paper.

      Paper and Ink are alive and well, for select niches.
      Maybe, it is a small niche, a market with income who just doesn't want to know about AI, maybe I can make
      AI the Antagonist in my back to the good ol days nostalgic ANTI-AI report, coming soon to a funnel near you...HA!
      GordonJ




      Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

      Thanks Gordon -

      What I've thought for a while now is that all these blog writers and article writers that are jumping with joy over the new way to write, are really failing to realize they're excited over a tool that just may, and probably will render their blogs and articles useless...

      unless, and like you also mention...they learn that people want a personal experience with someone that has personal experience with what they're talking about. AI can help, but can't replace a person's personal experiences.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    The why is tied to the depth of info you need.

    Who has the cheapest gas within 1 mile of me, I take the first answer, even if it's Google's AI... Till on my way to their cheapest place I pass by one that's cheaper than theirs.

    Someone having a heart-attack because they've been turned down for the third time for a refinance mortgage on their mixed-use property is not going to be happy with AI (if AI will still sound like it does today). They will read many and contact the one who knows there's the FHA way (if the residential part is 51% of the whole) and the Non-Qm way (ditto for the percentage of residential) and the commercial way (where the residential part is 49% or less).

    And knows that X appraisal company is no good if going FHA, because they always give value to the residential part only...

    And knows about the self-sufficiency rule and which FHA lenders do not understand it and allow rental from the commercial spaces.

    And knows that appraisers do not bother to include the stairs to the 2nd floor (the residential unit) in the residential use square footage (which allows many a 2-unit property to squeeze in the 51% residential rule).

    So, a lot of writing will become a commodity on par with gas. And some will not be.

    And, if you're smart, you go for both (why not have Google chose your AI-written content as the content to read to searchers and why not be one of the few that people want when commodity isn't enough?

    Eventually, we can end up in sci-fi-levels where AI can diagnose any and all illnesses, know any and all mortgage programs and lenders and their quirks and foibles. But that's still yonder them hills over there!

    Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

    DABK -

    So, my main question is...

    as ChatGPT (and others) become more and more popular, why does anyone need to go to any website to read an article?

    Why don't they just log in and ask the question about diets for men over 50 themselves?

    Why waste their time going around the internet and reading different articles?

    I think what some are missing is that most in the AI world are saying that search engines will become answer engines...people will just ask a question and get an answer that is as long and detailed as they want.

    This is why I commented in another thread that I believe articles that are personal and tell personal stories are going to be the winners. People want personal answers from someone that has been there and done that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749811].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author max5ty
      Originally Posted by DABK View Post

      They why is tied to the depth of info you need.


      Who has the cheapest gas within 1 mile of me, I take the first answer, even if it's Google's AI... Till on my way to their cheapest place I pass by one that's cheapest.


      Someone having a heart-attack because they've been turned down for the third time for a refinance mortgage on their mixed-use property is not going to be happy with AI (if AI will still sound like it does today). They will read many and contact the one who knows there's the FHA way (if the residential part is 51% of the whole) and the Non-Qm way (ditto for the percentage of residential) and the commercial way (where the residential part is 49% or less).


      And knows that X appraisal company is no good if going FHA, because they always give value to the residential part only...


      And knows about the self-sufficiency rule and which FHA lenders do not understand it and allow rental from the commercial spaces.


      And knows that appraisers do not bother to include the stairs to the 2nd floor (the residential unit) in the residential use square footage (which allows many a 2-unit property to squeeze in the 51% residential rule).


      So, a lot of writing will become a commodity on par with gas. And some will not be.


      And, if you're smart, you go for both (why not have Google chose your AI-written content as the content to read to searchers and why not be one of the few that people want when commodity isn't enough?


      Eventually, we can end up in sci-fi-levels where AI can diagnose any and all illnesses, know any and all mortgage programs and lenders and their quirks and foibles. But that's still yonder them hills over there!
      So it sounds like to me you're talking about personal experiences in the field. Which is exactly what I mentioned...being personal is what will win.

      Anyone that follows any of this AI stuff knows there are people out there talking about pumping out 100s of blogs and articles a week. They're so excited they can't contain themselves. I'm saying most of those AI-generated blogs/articles will be useless.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749816].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        Well, usually, people get the info from having personal experience in the field.

        Some people can get it other ways... in some cases, anyway.

        So, it is about that extra level of experience. And a bit more, knowing when to put it out and how.

        In some of the areas I've made money in, I need to give out the extra-level info to hook them in. Give them the rest a bit later, so they trust me and stay. If I give out too much, they get scared and do not move forward.


        And I'm also talking about this:
        Long ago, a 19-year old woman friend (stop snickering, I had a few and I was younger then, so don't call the cops) asked me to go to Sears to buy a radio/cassette/cd player.

        The salesman listen to her describe what she wanted, then started to show ME the models that might fit the bill and tell me all about the Herz and decks. I told him, She's paying for it. Talk to her.

        He turned to her, started to talk but, within 30 seconds, he was talking to me again.

        She did not buy.


        So, I'm talking about mistakes people are going to make that are similar (and easily avoided) but they're not going to avoid them as they'll rely on AI too much.

        Another example: First car I ever bought.

        Salesman asks me what kind of car I want.

        I tell him: blue, with 4 doors, and told him the most I was willing to pay a month.

        He said, let's look at some cars. So, we went to the lot. And he showed me cars that were not blue but had hundreds and hundreds of horse power and he talked to me about torque and things that wee not part of "blue with four doors."

        He was a friend of one of my brothers, so I persisted. About 20 minutes later, I got him to understand that my criteria were:
        blue sedan
        four doors.

        And he started to show me blue sedans with four doors.

        People misunderstand what prospects want, who the ideal client is, so you get that kind of mistakes. Some do not even have a clue. Some know and have the extra info and still will mess up... because they'll be relying too much on AI to get it right.

        Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

        So it sounds like to me you're talking about personal experiences in the field. Which is exactly what I mentioned...being personal is what will win.

        Anyone that follows any of this AI stuff knows there are people out there talking about pumping out 100s of blogs and articles a week. They're so excited they can't contain themselves. I'm saying most of those AI-generated blogs/articles will be useless.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749938].message }}
  • Sample 8K+-Word Output

    Just to see what OpenAI's latest GPT4 large language model "thinks" of these topics, I just plugged the keywords "ethics of artificial intelligence" and "ethical AI" into my pipeline, along with outbound URLs to use.
    And, here's its unedited output (I commented out embedding func for relevant Pixabay images and Youtube video to focus primarily on reviewing GPT4's written content output):



    Signature
    • Deep Learning & Machine Vision Engineer: ARIA Research (Sydney, AU)
    • Founder: Grayscale (Manila, PH) & SEO Campaign Manager: Kiteworks, Inc. (SF, US)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749814].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Reddevil007 View Post

    Dear princess sometimes it's very hard to pick up what you write but you know what it's ok!
    Yeah, for sure I ain't no dickcheese.

    But I figure the Frankstah has it with this trooly eloquent an' incisive analysis ...

    Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

    I'd call it confusing writing with text. Those who say "content is king" forget that the internet is a republic, one that thrives on interaction. Blogs started out as a platform for interaction, but now they mostly exist to throw "content" at people, plastering the web with paragraph after paragraph of pre-determined word counts designed to attract search engine bots.

    Even without any physical interaction, writing is still an interactive process, involving the reader as much as the author. The reader gets to interpret the thoughts of the writer, or put their own stamp on it. The joy of the process is that different readers will have different interpretations. Writing should be a meeting of minds.

    The danger with regurgitated AI-generated text, however professionally composed it might be, however creatively it gets manipulated, is that the reader will lose the skill of reading - or lose the will to learn.

    We'll all become consumers of the literary equivalent of fast food.
    When miniaturized read-EZ tattooz evah become available, ima hookin' this baby downhome in my retinascape sumplace high up on the refrnce areah of muh eyeball lens alongside Fun Cocktail Mixes an' Strategies For Naht Evah Bein' Randomly Bit In The Ass By No Priapic Camel.

    Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

    The consensus always seems to be that it's good and can be helpful, but just isn't at the level yet to replace good copywriters for a number of reasons.

    For article writing, I think it can be used somewhat successfully.

    The main factor though, regardless of how many articles you put out...you still need a product that people want to buy...

    pretty much comes down to what are you selling, and does anybody want to buy it.
    An' it is here where we cum squouty cream up against a glass ceiling of inconsequence.

    Bcs quasi-immortal replication is no substitoot evah for FEELZ.

    Shame we hoomans got hearts, yanno.

    Fumblin' an' feeble, kinda thing.

    So we gaht a natchrl kinda lookout ain't nevah gonna be summoned by mere mechanismola.

    Originally Posted by DABK View Post

    I think Frank's onto something...

    I see a lot of articles where people seem to forget why and for whom they are writing.
    So who would wish to subjuggate their ass to this kinda schwango horizonscape?

    Hands up before the noive connection twixt brain an' body be summoned by prompts ain't yuhown!

    (Anywan spotted Moi playin' the DOOM card here? FFS I gaht a hand fulla the fks!)

    Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

    To be fair to AI, there's always been a thriving market for junk writing.
    An' that is why I endeavor always to be a trooly generous person.

    Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

    DABK -

    So, my main question is...

    as ChatGPT (and others) become more and more popular, why does anyone need to go to any website to read an article?

    Why don't they just log in and ask the question about diets for men over 50 themselves?.
    Is PLR dead already?

    Check this tweet also:

    https://twitter.com/doctorow/status/1637443442921066497

    Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

    What saves the article writer, maybe, just might be...his/her personality/style.

    GordonJ
    Ain't the coolest datin' seecrit allabout blockin' the losahs?

    Tellya, the world so fulla unrequited lurve you gotta be pernickety less'n you be ovahwhelmed by mlehkind.

    [quote=DABK;11749811]
    So, a lot of writing will become a commodity on par with gas. And some will not be./QUOTE]

    Tellya, I been known to set a candle to my farts on Thanksgivin', despite I bein' a natchrl princess fulla demyoore.

    Gotta hope this don't make me no frickin' moron.

    Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

    Anyone that follows any of this AI stuff knows there are people out there talking about pumping out 100s of blogs and articles a week. They're so excited they can't contain themselves. I'm saying most of those AI-generated blogs/articles will be useless.
    Indeed.

    Useless ... an' yet also FODDAH.

    For the next buncha goobahs ... plus also the next *draft* of AI-sourced perfectschwahhn.

    Warn't goofed-out inbreedin' banned las' millennium bcs we discovahed the 'lectric toothbrush?

    Smile up evrywan, bcs we witnessin' the battle for the soul of hoomanity!

    As played out by the Generic Versous the Smarteric.

    (Anywan figures Hyperbolic Versous Jus' Kinda Crap wins a prize also.)

    My view. Plus it is my own.

    What a total cunnyhole I be!
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749819].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author max5ty
      Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post


      Smile up evrywan, bcs we witnessin' the battle for the soul of hoomanity!
      Tuesday Google is going to start rolling out Bard. You need to get on the waitlist though...

      so the battle for the soul of hoomanity grows.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749840].message }}
      • Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

        Tuesday Google is going to start rolling out Bard. You need to get on the waitlist though...

        so the battle for the soul of hoomanity grows.
        Meantime, Chat GPT self-bombs easiah than do I.

        Gotta figure we gonna see plenny this stuffs rollin' out in the fyootyoore, an' the trick gonna be makin' sure we keep our supah speshl genie undah control.

        I own a hairdryah. I know what I talkin' 'bout.
        Signature

        Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749959].message }}
        • @Princess Balestra,

          Here's what GPT4 says about the topic, in what seems a similar prose as yours:

          system_prompt = 'You are an American teenager. You are a gangbanger. You curse a lot when you talk. You use high levels of burstiness and perplexity in your prose. You use urban slang when you talk.'

          user_prompt = 'Write an informal narrative that talks about the effects of AI to people in the ghettos of New York City'

          GPT4's Unedited Output

          Man, lemme tell y'all somethin' 'bout dis AI shit taking over dis here hood, yo. I ain't never seen nuttin' like dis before, and I been around, feel me? It's like Big Brother ain't just watchin' no more, he straight-up comin' for us, bruh.

          First off, dem damn AI been messin' with our hustle, for real. Ya know, we out here just tryna make a lil' somethin' from nothing, know what I'm sayin'? But now, these big-ass tech companies droppin' these AI robots on our blocks takin' the jobs we used to run, like workin' at the bodega or bein' a bus driver or sumthin'.

          Bruh, even ma dukes can't get a job now 'cause some robot got it on lock. It's a cold world out here, man, and it just gettin' colder.

          There's this whole thing 'bout AI snitchin', yo. Dudes ain't even safe in the hood no more, son. You do one lil' thing, and next thing you know, AI snitchin' to the po-po like they got a personal beef with you or sumthin'.

          The 5-0 know all about your every move, just waitin' to pop up and throw your ass in the slammer, dog. It's like the game ain't fair no more, on da real.

          But, check this out, bruh. That ain't even the half of it. We got these bougie folks talkin' 'bout how they "upgrading the hood" by putting in all these fancy AI cameras and security systems, Now all that shit does is make it tougher for us to live our lives, feel me?

          So yeah, the hood lookin' all pretty and shit now, but it ain't the same, and they ain't doin' it for us no way. It's all about dat green, you dig?

          I ain't gon' front, though. Some of these AI things out here ain't all bad, aight? Like, maybe it's cool that we can get our phones to tell us where we at if we lost in some unknown ass place. And yeah, I guess it's kinda dope that we got these talking speakers that can play whatever songs we want when we at the crib chillin'.

          But man, that shit ain't worth takin' over the whole hood just 'cause some rich dudes wanna make more money, nah mean? So this AI takeover got the hood ****ed up. We losin' our jobs and our ways of life to these damn machines, and for what?

          So some bougie motha****as can make a quick buck sellin' us fake ass dreams of a better life? Man, **** all that noise. It's time for us to wake up, band together, and start puttin' people first again, before it's too damn late, ya feel me?

          To all da brothers there strugglin' tryna live in this cold-ass world, just remember, don't let these AI fools knock you off your grind, aight? Keep pushin', and we gon' come out on top, yo. We been through rougher shit than this, and we always bounce back, word up. I mean, we ain't gon' let some machines take over our hoods, right? We got this!

          Signature
          • Deep Learning & Machine Vision Engineer: ARIA Research (Sydney, AU)
          • Founder: Grayscale (Manila, PH) & SEO Campaign Manager: Kiteworks, Inc. (SF, US)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749972].message }}
          • Originally Posted by Marx Vergel Melencio View Post

            @Princess Balestra,

            Here's what GPT4 says about the topic, in what seems a similar prose as yours:

            system_prompt = 'You are an American teenager. You are a gangbanger. You curse a lot when you talk. You use high levels of burstiness and perplexity in your prose. You use urban slang when you talk.'

            user_prompt = 'Write an informal narrative that talks about the effects of AI to people in the ghettos of New York City'

            GPT4's Unedited Output

            Man, lemme tell y'all somethin' 'bout dis AI shit taking over dis here hood, yo. I ain't never seen nuttin' like dis before, and I been around, feel me? It's like Big Brother ain't just watchin' no more, he straight-up comin' for us, bruh.

            First off, dem damn AI been messin' with our hustle, for real. Ya know, we out here just tryna make a lil' somethin' from nothing, know what I'm sayin'? But now, these big-ass tech companies droppin' these AI robots on our blocks takin' the jobs we used to run, like workin' at the bodega or bein' a bus driver or sumthin'.

            Bruh, even ma dukes can't get a job now 'cause some robot got it on lock. It's a cold world out here, man, and it just gettin' colder.

            There's this whole thing 'bout AI snitchin', yo. Dudes ain't even safe in the hood no more, son. You do one lil' thing, and next thing you know, AI snitchin' to the po-po like they got a personal beef with you or sumthin'.

            The 5-0 know all about your every move, just waitin' to pop up and throw your ass in the slammer, dog. It's like the game ain't fair no more, on da real.

            But, check this out, bruh. That ain't even the half of it. We got these bougie folks talkin' 'bout how they "upgrading the hood" by putting in all these fancy AI cameras and security systems, Now all that shit does is make it tougher for us to live our lives, feel me?

            So yeah, the hood lookin' all pretty and shit now, but it ain't the same, and they ain't doin' it for us no way. It's all about dat green, you dig?

            I ain't gon' front, though. Some of these AI things out here ain't all bad, aight? Like, maybe it's cool that we can get our phones to tell us where we at if we lost in some unknown ass place. And yeah, I guess it's kinda dope that we got these talking speakers that can play whatever songs we want when we at the crib chillin'.

            But man, that shit ain't worth takin' over the whole hood just 'cause some rich dudes wanna make more money, nah mean? So this AI takeover got the hood ****ed up. We losin' our jobs and our ways of life to these damn machines, and for what?

            So some bougie motha****as can make a quick buck sellin' us fake ass dreams of a better life? Man, **** all that noise. It's time for us to wake up, band together, and start puttin' people first again, before it's too damn late, ya feel me?

            To all da brothers there strugglin' tryna live in this cold-ass world, just remember, don't let these AI fools knock you off your grind, aight? Keep pushin', and we gon' come out on top, yo. We been through rougher shit than this, and we always bounce back, word up. I mean, we ain't gon' let some machines take over our hoods, right? We got this!

            The **** I evah talk like that, let alone espouse such dumbass ideahs, gonna shoot musself durreck in the tits, tellya.

            Thankfully, my trust in a priori Moi means muh strawbs're dootifully preserved.

            Speshly from the ravages of would-be non-asshole kinda assholes.

            Replicatorials are for gloryholes.

            Repeat this dinky line till'n you livin' the dreeyum.

            Meantime, anywan gaht stuff to say deploys convention at arm's length.

            Plus also, is there a precis button on that schwango?

            Kinda TOTAL BLITZ DOM?

            I would wish for this to be the case, always.

            My view, naht sum AI supplicant masqueradin' as my soopremely delish miracyooltytyoore.
            Signature

            Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11750091].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author max5ty
    Marx Vergel Melencio - Thanks for your reply.

    What I'm wondering also...since they say search engines will become answer engines...

    will there still be listings like there are now?

    Will SEO still be important?

    How will you get your website's information to rank high in the answers given? and, since people will be getting answers to questions, will this create a whole new type of SEO that is maybe called answer engine optimization?

    Lots of questions. Of course, time will tell I guess, but it will be interesting to see what becomes of search engines in the next 5 years or less.

    Edit Added: So I was told there already is AEO (answer engine optimization) because of things like Alexa etc. Never heard of it. Guess I learn new stuff every day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749843].message }}
    • @max5ty,

      Interesting questions. And, considering how Microsoft now uses a custom GPT version to power Bing, i.e. Microsoft says its updated with real time content -- I think it would still be beneficial for publishers to include SEO in their brand positioning campaigns. Here's why:

      If you test Bing Chat now with a query, you'll get a list of answers; and
      In my experience, each answer has 1 to 5 links pointing to additional resources ...
      Signature
      • Deep Learning & Machine Vision Engineer: ARIA Research (Sydney, AU)
      • Founder: Grayscale (Manila, PH) & SEO Campaign Manager: Kiteworks, Inc. (SF, US)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749845].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author max5ty
        Originally Posted by Marx Vergel Melencio View Post

        @max5ty,

        Interesting questions. And, considering how Microsoft now uses a custom GPT version to power Bing, i.e. Microsoft says its updated with real time content -- I think it would still be beneficial for publishers to include SEO in their brand positioning campaigns. Here's why:

        If you test Bing Chat now with a query, you'll get a list of answers; and
        In my experience, each answer has 1 to 5 links pointing to additional resources ...
        Ok, gotcha. Didn't know Bing Chat gave links. I haven't used it yet.

        I also added to my last comment that I was told there was already AEO (answer engine optimization) because of things like Alexa. Hadn't ever heard of it...but then again I never was into SEO. Not because I don't like it, it is just something I never followed much.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RaymondMcNatt
    Informative. Thanks for sharing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11749928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jessica789
    Chat GBT is greta for those who want to write a text cause you can ask question in different part and give your desire data. and all the time data will be new and not duplicated.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11750330].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Malaika Jahangir
    Well there are different websites which generates article outlines for you so if you are writing an article first you need to work on the outline. It will make everything clear on how to do research and arrange them. then you can use ChatGPT and then arrange the generated content. I prefer to fact check the most important details.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11750570].message }}

Trending Topics