Are AI-text tools worth using?

10 replies
Hi All,

New here, although I've heard lots about WF in the past so super excited to join.

I currently use some chrome extensions to check my blogs for uniqueness, grammar/spelling, reading age etc. However this week someone sent me a link to a Google Docs addon called "hint" that supposedly writes with/for you.

My question is, are these tools just gimmics or actually useful? For the moment I'm not sure it fits my workflow, but curious about this area.
#aitext #tools #worth
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author seobuzz
    My experience of using these so called AI text tool has been a disappointment. No doubt, content generated by these tools will pass copyscape for uniqueness. However, when it comes to readability factor, it is not acceptable. I have to spent so much time rewriting that AI generated article that I could have written a new one.
    Signature
    SecondIncomeBlog.com
    Ideas and Techniques to Make Money Online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11580324].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author casualblogger
      right, I've seen copyscape passing put forward as a big plus factor. Could I ask which tool you used if you remember?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11580333].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Social Sparrow
        you will get unique content form WordAi and Spin rewriter tools, which passed the Copyscape but when it comes to readability we have to edit manually. better if you get content to form any tools you can check Grammarly premium may they look genuine content for the blog
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11581570].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anton Strelets
      Originally Posted by seobuzz View Post

      My experience of using these so called AI text tool has been a disappointment. No doubt, content generated by these tools will pass copyscape for uniqueness. However, when it comes to readability factor, it is not acceptable. I have to spent so much time rewriting that AI generated article that I could have written a new one.
      It depends from the model you use.
      If you use some simple models like GPT-2 with 117M parametres, or some other system like RoBERTa, DistilBERT, that text will be like a torture for user. If you want to get some text that will be good enough for humans, you'll need to use GPT-2 with more than 1 bilion parametrs model.
      But anyway, even simple models can generate texts that are good enought for SEO purposes. We were using texts generated by different systems (GPT-2, TransformerXL), online generation platforms (such as ArticleForge and Content-edge) and texts writen by people. Finaly, all texts were indexed by google.
      Signature
      I'm direct advertiser and I have more then 50 dating offers. Do you have traffic?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602009].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kjblitz
        From my experience, spinner and ai writer is not that helpful. The content pulled from websites are not spot on especially if the topic you are into is very niche specific or technical. It may work for some very general or generic topics. You will still need to manually proofread though.
        Signature
        Who Wants A FREE COURSE On How To Build An Online Business, Using A Simple 9 Step System?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602180].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Forseti
        Originally Posted by Anton Strelets View Post

        It depends from the model you use.
        If you use some simple models like GPT-2 with 117M parametres, or some other system like RoBERTa, DistilBERT, that text will be like a torture for user. If you want to get some text that will be good enough for humans, you'll need to use GPT-2 with more than 1 bilion parametrs model.
        But anyway, even simple models can generate texts that are good enought for SEO purposes. We were using texts generated by different systems (GPT-2, TransformerXL), online generation platforms (such as ArticleForge and Content-edge) and texts writen by people. Finaly, all texts were indexed by google.
        Used both services. After the last google update, the texts written by articleforge fell out of my google index. Texts through content-edge are still in the index. Time will tell how it will be next.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602375].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Princess Balestra
    AI is for mechanistic stuffs mean we don't gotta send actshwl people out ovah an' ovah to fix real easy stuffs as historically buried our ancestahs real early -- like buildin' pyramids without srs liftin' tools.



    Communication between people don't fall into this category if'n you wannit to be meaningful.


    Life ebbs an' flows cozza idiosyncratic meetup of MWAH MWAH MWAH -- an' not othahwise.


    Those are the rules.
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11581662].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author max5ty
    Originally Posted by casualblogger View Post


    My question is, are these tools just gimmics or actually useful?
    Persado.com has some of the biggest companies in the world convinced AI works.

    There was another post elsewhere talking about "The big idea", I think that's all this is - but they've done it well and they're taking it to the bank.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11581987].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author strategic seo services
    Banned
    Originally Posted by casualblogger View Post

    Hi All,

    New here, although I've heard lots about WF in the past so super excited to join.

    I currently use some chrome extensions to check my blogs for uniqueness, grammar/spelling, reading age etc. However this week someone sent me a link to a Google Docs addon called "hint" that supposedly writes with/for you.

    My question is, are these tools just gimmics or actually useful? For the moment I'm not sure it fits my workflow, but curious about this area.
    Hi,
    Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you're going to love your stay here. Well, it all depends on the tools. Some are gimmicks, while others are actually useful. Amazon's Alexa, for example, is an AI tool. I've also used chatbots with facebook messenger (manychat) to followup with potential clients, and it has actually closed deals for me! So, I have to say that I love AI tools (when they work the way they're supposed to).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11582058].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PeterGerald
    It depends on what outcome you want to generate. You can throw those articles into your blog from time to time, to generate more traffic without investing much of the wrok, but they obviously won`t replace copywriters.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602987].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics