Who are the best web copywriters? Why?

16 replies
Who are the best web copywriters? Why?
#copywriters #web
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author JC illuminous
    I would assume anyone doing it at a low cost and has great reviews from their freelance communities. Such as the folks on fiver or elance.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11258956].message }}
    • Originally Posted by JC illuminous View Post

      I would assume anyone doing it at a low cost and has great reviews from their freelance communities. Such as the folks on fiver or elance.
      You likely assume wrong. Low cost doesn't make for a good or bad copywriter.

      Those writing copy that converts makes for a good copywriter, regardless of price.

      Would you rather pay someone $5 for a sales page that converts 1 out of 100 people or $50 for a sales page that converts 5 out of 100 people?

      Benjamin Ehinger
      Signature
      Ready to Explode your Content Marketing?

      Discover How to Increase Revenues with My Complete SEO Content Strategy Here!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324617].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    Me. I'm awesome from the front and from the back and have a kickass sideview! And if I flex my right hemisphere, man oh man oh man oh man! (You want a photo of that? I give them away for free: I gots me a big, big heart, you know.)

    Originally Posted by eventplanner779 View Post

    Who are the best web copywriters? Why?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11259407].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author copyghost
    There are low priced copywriters? AWAI says there is overwhelming demand and newbie copywriters are killing it...six figures easy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324725].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    Originally Posted by copyghost View Post

    There are low priced copywriters? AWAI says there is overwhelming demand and newbie copywriters are killing it...six figures easy.
    You'll notice that AWAI isn't telling people to promote themselves on sites like Fiverr or Elance. Just like you don't promote high end gourmet steaks at Aldi or Save-a-Lot.

    Originally Posted by Benjamin Ehinger View Post

    Would you rather pay someone $5 for a sales page that converts 1 out of 100 people or $50 for a sales page that converts 5 out of 100 people?
    Unless I was doing pro bono work for someone, numbers like this would take me right out of the picture. Depending on the project, you'd need at least one more zero, and probably a multiplier. Anyone capable of producing copy that gets 5% conversion should not be selling out for $50.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11326027].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 1Bryan
      Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

      Unless I was doing pro bono work for someone, numbers like this would take me right out of the picture. Depending on the project, you'd need at least one more zero, and probably a multiplier. Anyone capable of producing copy that gets 5% conversion should not be selling out for $50.
      People just don't know real numbers.

      They have no idea that 3-4% conversion is a super solid control.

      So they come up with these numbers. That sound "realistic" to them. Or they've heard. Like 1% is terrible.

      Lol ... there's a lot of 6 figure Click Bank products that never converted above 1%.

      (If you take out those select 30 click samples ... where they get some aff who gets 2 sales in 30 clicks and they claim ... 1:15 conversion)

      P.S. OP? Chris Haddad.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11330879].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sven300
    • Victor Schwab,
    • Claude C. Hopkins,
    • John Caples,
    • Robert Collier,
    • Joe Sugarman,
    • Joe Karbo,
    • Christian Godefroy.

    are (historically) the best copywriters.
    Why? Because they are masters who have inspired thousands of writers.

    Who are currently the best web copywriters? Those who are paid the most for their work.

    But everyone who makes a living doing this job is good...
    Signature
    I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. Thomas Jefferson
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11330775].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by Sven300 View Post

      Who are currently the best web copywriters? Those who are paid the most for their work.
      Ah - if only that were true!

      But everyone who makes a living doing this job is good...
      Ah - if only that were true!
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11359111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author YourGoToWriter
    The best copywriters are the ones who have good attention to detail and the ones who would offer you copywriting services that are reasonably-priced. A good copywriter, too, knows how much the quality of his/her work is worth -Micah
    Signature
    First 100 Subscribers Only: LIFETIME 50% DISCOUNT on Content Writing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11330964].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by YourGoToWriter View Post

      The best copywriters are the ones who have good attention to detail and the ones who would offer you copywriting services that are reasonably-priced. A good copywriter, too, knows how much the quality of his/her work is worth -Micah
      Micah, you may be contradicting yourself here.

      First, a "good" copywriter offers reasonable prices.

      Then, a "good" copywriter knows the value of their work.

      Based on what I've seen on this forum when it comes to pricing services, what a really good copywriter knows about the real value of their work would make most here soil themselves.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11334396].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jazbo
    A good copywriter builds relationships and understands their clients project goals.
    Signature
    CONTENT WRITER. Reliable, UK-Based, 6 Years Experience - ANY NICHE
    Click Here For Writing Samples & Online Ordering
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11353504].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    Pointless question.

    We can only talk about writers we have heard of.

    Most of the time that's just opinion; we've never worked with them.

    Writers are generally good for one or a few niches; few would say they can write well for any niche (I can't.)

    And the opinion is subjective: I can say someone is good, and I've worked with them, but what level have we worked at? Did we do something where $30K was "a lot of money"? Or $300K? Or $3Million?

    No way to answer this question.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11353689].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

      Pointless question.


      ...and OP doesn't care.

      One generic comment and no replies on the profile since Nov. 2017.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11359119].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

      Pointless question. No way to answer this question.
      We do see a good number of this type of question, here. I agree with your conclusions on this one, but unfortunately, people will still answer them with what they feel are the correct answers. If they didn't believe that, why would they post them?

      Oh, wait. Never mind.
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11359132].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author max5ty
    No matter how much vodka you offer, you'll never get their names.

    They have no desire to advertise for clients because their work comes from word of mouth among the elite.

    They seldom come out in the daylight and are usually deeply disguised when they do.

    Yes there is a secret society.

    Conspiracy? You be the judge.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11354252].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
      Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

      No matter how much vodka you offer, you'll never get their names.

      They have no desire to advertise for clients because their work comes from word of mouth among the elite.

      They seldom come out in the daylight and are usually deeply disguised when they do.

      Yes there is a secret society.

      Conspiracy? You be the judge.
      Got asked once: "How did you land those Whales?" (Hundred million a year companies).

      My response:

      I don't go deep sea fishing,
      just cast from the shore
      Seldom get a big fish
      But little ones GALORE.

      To answer the question,
      I guess it was irony,
      never tried to catch one,
      but just let them catch me.

      Big difference between trying to sell your services as a consultant or copywriter and having them come look for you. A lot of little fish added up to some very big referrals.

      Thanks Max.

      GordonJ
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11354443].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics