Over the last few months I've been focusing on selling my own products - and I've come away from the experience with a lot more first-hand knowledge than I had before.
I've decided to share some of my "Conversion Boosters" here for free. No opt-in, no payments, but a click on the Thanks button would do (if you like this post that is...)
(In no order of importance.)
- Use a belcher button.
- Use "Involvers". I.E. forms that can be filled out but not submitted where a user can answer questions you ask them
- Use less than five words in your first paragraph
- Kill "Dear Friend" with a cleaver
- Add a signature to the end of your letter
- Have three P.S.'s that focus on the benefits, limited availability, and your guarantee
- Explain why the price is such a great deal. Compare your product to something more expensive, or use the "$X per day" technique
- Have some sort of money-back guarantee
- Capture all visitors email addresses
- Keep your headline short
- Buy the books, "Phrases that sell" and "Words that Sell"
- Stuff as many bullets in your copy as you can
- Use some well written testimonials all through your copy
- Write at least 30 headlines before you choose the one you're going to use
- Step away for 24 hours or more and come back to edit once the first draft is finished
There's a lot more you can do, but this list is absolutely going to increase the money you're making from your sales letter.
If you have any questions about anything on this list, please don't hesitate to ask here or via PM - I'm sure somebody else will have the same question.