I recently ran an offer in the Warriors For Hire section, offering to write copy for an insanely cheap rate, with the added bonus that I would only charge a 30% deposit to do the work, then collect the remaining 70% on the condition that the copy actually converted.
So, I send the proof to this guy, and his first email back to me is extremely angry, ranting and raving over some errors.
Fair enough, I admit there were issues. I corrected with a smile.
The second time, I send the proof and he totally blows his lid, claiming that I was plagiarizing, lying, and all the rest of it. He also refuses to try a certain angle I was going with in the copy.... before even testing it.
Despite my replies, the guy simply won't listen. Again, I make the changes to to keep him calm more than anything else (he was getting pretty abusive at this point.)
Finally, I send a proof that he decides to test.
Sadly, according to his test of sending 500 cold visitors, there were no conversions.
I make some suggestions, and again, he flips his lid, then refuses to listen.
Then he throws out more abuse and begins to make threats that he's going to leave all these bad reviews in the Warrior Forum.
Bear in mind, I stuck to my side of the bargain. I worked solid for a week and unfortunately, won't see my money because I wasn't able to get the copy to convert (allegedly.)
So, I accept that.
However, he's now spending all his time trying to flame me publicaly, and make out that I "should not call myself a copywriter" and that I'm a "liar" and all this other stuff.
He's PMing other people who have shown interest in the thread and my services, sending "evidence" of my "pathetic work."
I've warned him, this isn't how you conduct yourself in a public forum... and he's not only breaking the forum rules, but also being a total jerk about the whole situation.
Any advice on what I should do?