Marie's Interesting Launch Sequence...

19 replies
Anyone following it?

It's the first time I have come across the launch of B-School by Marie Forleo: Rich Happy & Hot B-School Rich, Happy & Hot B-School Where Women Go to Make It Big Online

Excellent communicator. Very understanding of how women working online feel.

And I absolutely love how professional the whole thing looks. Very impressive.

Does it convert? Probably, but it would be cool to get the view of copywriters.
#interesting #launch #marie #sequence
  • Profile picture of the author Wytnyt
    I've heard a lot about her back when I first got into blogging a year ago, and I've visited her blog before. She looks like she's got huge authority.
    Signature
    Take Advantage Of This Profit-Pulling Marketing "Vaccine" That Ensures Your Business Won't Be The Next To Flatline... Save Your Business... CLICK HERE NOW... or else... helplessly watch it fade into oblivion...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6226990].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author videolover7
    Originally Posted by Dietriffic View Post

    Anyone following it?

    It's the first time I have come across the launch of B-School by Marie Forleo: Rich Happy & Hot B-School Rich, Happy & Hot B-School Where Women Go to Make It Big Online

    Excellent communicator. Very understanding of how women working online feel.

    And I absolutely love how professional the whole thing looks. Very impressive.

    Does it convert? Probably, but it would be cool to get the view of copywriters.
    "13 essential keys to killing it online"? Sounds like a lot of work... a definite no-no in the IM niche.

    VL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6227515].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AdwordsMogul
    Didn't watch the whole video but it seems to be something that would do well.

    She's got a lot of social proof (recognition from the media) and the traffic she sends to it is likely to be "warm" a lot of the time.

    So yep, she probably gets a good number of sign ups.
    Signature
    "Those who can - DO IT. Those who can't, say it's impossible."
    Jean Paul a.k.a AdwordsMogul
    PHPDevelopers.net - Top of the range PHP developers

    Easy Link Saver - Are you tired of the pain of constantly searching for your affiliate links? ( Chrome extension - FREE )
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6227522].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dietriffic
      Originally Posted by AdwordsMogul View Post

      Didn't watch the whole video but it seems to be something that would do well.

      She's got a lot of social proof (recognition from the media) and the traffic she sends to it is likely to be "warm" a lot of the time.

      So yep, she probably gets a good number of sign ups.
      Yeah, the social proof she has with the likes of Tony Robbins and Sir Richard Branson, definitely helps to build her credibility.
      Signature

      — Melanie (RD)

      Weight loss/fitness marketers earn 75% per sale with... The Fat Reversal Formula
      Join me: Twitter and Facebook

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6228240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
    Nice to see a "Woman Marketer" blazing the trial for other "Women Apprentice Marketers." (And Men for that matter. : )
    Signature
    "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6227917].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CabTenson
    I was impressed, and plan to copy it one day. BUT, the big negative is that those videos are too long and not interesting enough. After the first 5 minutes, I got antsy for her to get to the actual content...and I'm a very patient person.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6229348].message }}
    • I was going to review her entire "pitch" and give it my best ever critique.

      Trouble was I got delightfully sidetracked.

      Because Marie has the sexiest voice and is drop dead gorgeous.

      I drifted into a relaxing trance.

      So, I've got no idea what she was saying - but I enjoyed every minute.


      Steve
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6229360].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dietriffic
        Originally Posted by CabTenson View Post

        I was impressed, and plan to copy it one day. BUT, the big negative is that those videos are too long and not interesting enough. After the first 5 minutes, I got antsy for her to get to the actual content...and I'm a very patient person.
        You're clearly not the type of person she's targeting.

        Originally Posted by Steve The Copywriter View Post

        I was going to review her entire "pitch" and give it my best ever critique.

        Trouble was I got delightfully sidetracked.

        Because Marie has the sexiest voice and is drop dead gorgeous.

        I drifted into a relaxing trance.

        So, I've got no idea what she was saying - but I enjoyed every minute.

        Steve
        Yes, how do you think I feel?

        I'm almost finished my first video training product, and although I've yet to complete the launch videos, watching Marie is enough to put off all the rest of us inferior creatures

        But, as my husband says, with training and practice, there's no reason why I can't get to her level, too.

        Here's hoping
        Signature

        — Melanie (RD)

        Weight loss/fitness marketers earn 75% per sale with... The Fat Reversal Formula
        Join me: Twitter and Facebook

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6229472].message }}
        • Diet,

          Fear not, bet your video will be even better than hers.

          We all love ya and more importantly so does your hubby.


          Steve
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6229528].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Preeti
          Originally Posted by Dietriffic View Post

          You're clearly not the type of person she's targeting.



          Yes, how do you think I feel?

          I'm almost finished my first video training product, and although I've yet to complete the launch videos, watching Marie is enough to put off all the rest of us inferior creatures

          But, as my husband says, with training and practice, there's no reason why I can't get to her level, too.

          Here's hoping
          Melanie, great post! I've watched some of Marie's stuff and I think she does a fabulous job!

          However, I have to disagree with you here.

          You're from the UK so you have a British accent I'm assuming? (unless you've relocated to the UK)

          UK accent>Jersey accent

          You win hands down
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6229631].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Dietriffic
            Originally Posted by Steve The Copywriter View Post

            Diet,

            Fear not, bet your video will be even better than hers.

            We all love ya and more importantly so does your hubby.


            Steve
            No, I don't think it'll be better. But, it's my first time getting in front of the camera for a product, and at least it's not shabby. I don't think.

            Marie talks about her 'team'.

            My team is hubby. And he isn't a professional videographer, marketer, programmer, designer, etc.

            But, he does a absolutely amazing job at doing all those things to a very, very acceptable standard.

            Copywriting is about his weakest point. And he isn't particular 'bad' at that, either. But hey, you can't be awesome at everything, right?

            Originally Posted by Preeti View Post

            Melanie, great post! I've watched some of Marie's stuff and I think she does a fabulous job!

            However, I have to disagree with you here.

            You're from the UK so you have a British accent I'm assuming? (unless you've relocated to the UK)

            UK accent>Jersey accent

            You win hands down
            lol Preeti!!

            My accent is actually North Antrim 'Ulster Scots' although it is not as strong as it once was. We lived in Australia for two years, and the accent softens so that you can be understood, but if you watch this, you'll see where I grew up. The accent isn't perfectly true to the area, though.

            It's not what most of those outside the UK think of as 'British', since their interpretation of the British accent tends to be limited to what they hear from the BBC.

            It's different, but it has its own charm
            Signature

            — Melanie (RD)

            Weight loss/fitness marketers earn 75% per sale with... The Fat Reversal Formula
            Join me: Twitter and Facebook

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6229817].message }}
            • My accent is actually North Antrim 'Ulster Scots' although it is not as strong as it once was. We lived in Australia for two years, and the accent softens so that you can be understood, but if you watch this, you'll see where I grew up. The accent isn't perfectly true to the area, though.

              It's not what most of those outside the UK think of as 'British', since their interpretation of the British accent tends to be limited to what they hear from the BBC.

              It's different, but it has its own charm [/QUOTE]



              Melanie,

              Many UK companies had the good sense to locate their call centres to bonnie Scotland – just so their customers could hear the soft lilt of the scots lassies accents.

              They saw their sales and profits rocket up.

              Splash a bit Irish in and your sales should skyrocket. It could well be the extra "secret" ingredient.


              BTW – Do you think crossing the bridge in the video you posted (“Great British Railway Journeys”) makes a fantastic metaphor for internet marketing?

              Lol,


              Steve
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6230550].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Dietriffic
                Originally Posted by Steve The Copywriter View Post

                My accent is actually North Antrim 'Ulster Scots' although it is not as strong as it once was. We lived in Australia for two years, and the accent softens so that you can be understood, but if you watch this, you'll see where I grew up. The accent isn't perfectly true to the area, though.

                It's not what most of those outside the UK think of as 'British', since their interpretation of the British accent tends to be limited to what they hear from the BBC.

                It's different, but it has its own charm
                Melanie,

                Many UK companies had the good sense to locate their call centres to bonnie Scotland - just so their customers could hear the soft lilt of the scots lassies accents.

                They saw their sales and profits rocket up.

                Splash a bit Irish in and your sales should skyrocket. It could well be the extra "secret" ingredient.

                BTW - Do you think crossing the bridge in the video you posted ("Great British Railway Journeys") makes a fantastic metaphor for internet marketing?

                Lol,

                Steve[/QUOTE]

                lol...

                I might have to consider hiring you to review our launch video scripts.
                Signature

                — Melanie (RD)

                Weight loss/fitness marketers earn 75% per sale with... The Fat Reversal Formula
                Join me: Twitter and Facebook

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6230730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davemiz
    I'm obviously not her market, and didn't care for the videos too much... they were too slow of a pace for me... but her stuff was shot (and edited) very well.... and well scripted.

    she's got a big name in her niche... speaking on stage with other big names etc. so keep that in mind... got emails from eben etc. for her stuff... so her traffic is very warm.
    Signature

    “Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.”
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6229903].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dietriffic
      Originally Posted by davemiz View Post

      I'm obviously not her market, and didn't care for the videos too much... they were too slow of a pace for me... but her stuff was shot (and edited) very well.... and well scripted.

      she's got a big name in her niche... speaking on stage with other big names etc. so keep that in mind... got emails from eben etc. for her stuff... so her traffic is very warm.
      Definitely getting a lot of warm traffic.

      Maybe it is a little slow, but I think the conversational, less-rapid talk often associated with sales pitches, may work better for women?
      Signature

      — Melanie (RD)

      Weight loss/fitness marketers earn 75% per sale with... The Fat Reversal Formula
      Join me: Twitter and Facebook

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6230107].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CabTenson
        Originally Posted by Dietriffic View Post

        Maybe it is a little slow, but I think the conversational, less-rapid talk often associated with sales pitches, may work better for women?
        The 5-minute video on the email sign-up page is fine. But that 30 minute 'Six Pillars To Growing YOUR Online Business"....and another 25 minute 'Dirty Little Secret' video...they could have easily been cut in half and still be conversational and fun.

        Generally, I agree with you though. I think women prefer longer videos as long as they're interesting and full of content.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6231993].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dietriffic
          Originally Posted by CabTenson View Post

          The 5-minute video on the email sign-up page is fine. But that 30 minute 'Six Pillars To Growing YOUR Online Business"....and another 25 minute 'Dirty Little Secret' video...they could have easily been cut in half and still be conversational and fun.

          Generally, I agree with you though. I think women prefer longer videos as long as they're interesting and full of content.
          Do you not think the length of the videos (as long as they don't bore the target market) is key to drawing people into the experience of the 'launch event'?
          Signature

          — Melanie (RD)

          Weight loss/fitness marketers earn 75% per sale with... The Fat Reversal Formula
          Join me: Twitter and Facebook

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6238916].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author angiecolee
    The only thing I didn't like was the contradiction - "without lifting a finger" at the beginning and then "13 steps" later. Granted I look for those things out of habit, but that turned on the warning bells in my head.

    After that, she got the social proof factor going for her and I was more willing to buy in, but I really wanted to tell her to cut that line because it made me skeptical. I do like that she's targeting women - it's still sad to me that so many women are afraid to venture into business and still think it's a man's game.

    I go to new tech and hi tech meetups and conferences all the time here in Silicon Valley -hundreds of men, maybe 10 women at each one. I know there have got to be more female engineers and entrepreneurs here!
    Signature

    Aspiring copywriters: if you need 1:1 advice from an experienced copy chief, head over to my Phone a Friend page.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6230622].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KitschWitch
    Sorry to dig up and old thread, but I thought some of you might be interested to know how successful this marketing campaign was.

    I was an affiliate for this one, and Marie reported at various times how the sales were going.

    There were lots of bonuses on offer and many big names (at least to me) were in there.

    At the end, there was mention of the total sales hitting 7 figures. The price for the course was $2k, so at least 500 sales.

    Not bad for a ~4 week marketing campaign, whatever you may think of the video content
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6607942].message }}

Trending Topics