I NEED HELP Picking A Website Name! (the only thing I ever ask on here)

14 replies
Look... I've been trying not to do this a second time.
Cause I hate asking these types of questions.

But there are some creative geniuses on here who saved me A LOT of time last time I asked this question.

Once again, I'm stuck in a 3 week OCD / name cycle for my new website.

The last site you guys helped me with was a mold site. I believe it was steve the copywriter who's name I decided to run with (I really hope I'm not wrong about that but it was a while ago). Well I've grown to LOVE the name, the site is #1 in google now, and we do really well with it selling jobs locally.

Its been about 6-7 months and I'm ready to make a new site, this time in basement waterproofing. So once again I've gone through the long boring phase of scraping names in scrapebox, trying to rearrange words, using the thesaurus, but I SUCK AT NAMES. Its just not my thing.

I'm going to paste some of the names I've came up with, but you may not want to read them all because most of them suck.

----------------------------------------------

Wetworxwaterproofing.com
Wetworkerswaterproofing.com
Wetlanewaterproofing.com
Wettworxbrothers.com
Wetfoxwaterproofing.com
5starwaterproofing.com
Elitewaterproofing.com
brotherswaterproofingnj.com
wetworxbrothers.com
misterbarren.com
brothersbasementwaterproofing.com
floodfixers.com
thiswethouse.com
westopthewater.com
westopthewet.com
thebasementbarricade.com
barricadeurbasement.com
dryworldwaterproofing.com
fairbrothersbasements.com
wetbrothersbasements.com
waterproofingworld.com
deliverdry
headachefreewaterproofing.com
basementjollies.com (lol this is sad)
Aquadry
Hydrashield
Hydroshield
Aquadrynj
rainbustersnj
Sahararain
hydrapure
Hydroarmor
Windfallwaterproofing
rainbustersinc


Words for help -

anhydrous,arid, athirst, baked, bald, bare, barren, dehydrated, depleted, desert, desiccant,desiccated,drained, dried-up, droughty, dusty, evaporated,exhausted, hard, impoverished, juiceless, not irrigated,parched, rainless,sapless, sapped, sear, shriveled, stale, thirsty, torrid, unmoistened, waterless

anhydrate, bake, blot,concentrate, condense, dehumidify, dehydrate, deplete, desiccate,drain, empty, evaporate,exhaust, exsiccate, freeze-dry,harden, kiln, mummify, parch, scorch, sear, shrivel, soak up, sponge, stale, swab, torrefy, towel,wilt,

lane, zone, world, temple drop free

bar, barricade, blank wall, block, blockade, break, break off, brick wall, cease, cessation, check, close, closing,conclusion, control, cutoff, desistance, discontinuation,ending, fence,finish, freeze*, grinding halt, hindrance, layoff, letup, lull, pause, plug, roadblock, screeching halt, standstill, stay, stoppage, termination, wall

blessed, blest, blissful, blithe, can't complain, captivated, cheerful, chipper, chirpy, content, contented, convivial, delighted, ecstatic, elated, exultant, flying high, gay, glad, gleeful,gratified,intoxicated, jolly, joyful, joyous, jubilant, laughing, light, lively, looking good, merry, mirthful, on cloud nine, overjoyed, peaceful, peppy, perky, playful, pleasant, pleased, sparkling, sunny, thrilled, tickled, tickled pink, up, upbeat, walkingon air

----------------------------------------------

Last time, the person who I got the name from, said they weren't crazy about it when they posted it. But here are the reasons I loved it so much.

1) When all of our competitors were trying to brag and sound elitist / big / corporate, our name was super friendly... nothing boastful at all about it. Which made it stick out.

2) It had an ALLITERATION to it which gave it rhythm.

3) It had our main keyword in the name (mold removal).

4) It had a subtle command like anchor in it, like the name told you to choose us, without telling you to choose us.

5) The abbreviated form of the name was smooth to pronounce.

---------

Now, you guys may not love it, but I do, the name was
(edited out name on second thought =])

I'm now looking for a name for "basement waterproofing". Its not a huge deal if both keywords are in the name this time, considering how many letters there are. But I do think it helped us with our rankings for our last site. EITHER WAY, if you guys can think of something friendly, with an alliteration, I'd be forever indebted to you all.


IF you need incentive this time, to get your brain juices going, let me know how important it is. I have no idea how much $$ would motivate you folks, but you helped me out for free last time, so I have no problem paying back some of that debt now lol.

Thanks - Rob

ps. The "brothers" names are because me and my brother do the selling / running of the company (encase anyone was confused).
#picking #thing #website
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew Gould
    Originally Posted by RedShifted View Post

    Now, you guys may not love it, but I do, the name was "mymoldremovalguys.com".
    Couldn't you just use the same structure?

    mywaterproofingguys.com

    The double g isn't great to read, but it sounds alright and helps build your brand.
    Signature

    Andrew Gould

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8124560].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author netmatrix
      Originally Posted by Andrew Gould View Post

      Couldn't you just use the same structure?

      mywaterproofingguys.com

      The double g isn't great to read, but it sounds alright and helps build your brand.
      +1 for MyWaterProofingGuys.com

      waterproofingworld.com also has a nice ring to it.
      Signature

      "Entrepreneurs live a few years of their life the way most others won't... so they can live the remainder of their lives the way most others can't."

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8124581].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author copyassassin
    Who cares what us idiots think.

    Run Adwords traffic and change Ppc headline to see which headline gets the most Ctr.

    A guy named Tim ferris used this method to name his book "4 hour work week"

    Another guy created a workout system called " just 4 minutes"

    They didn't guess.

    They tested.

    So stop reading this thread and start funneling traffic to see which headline wins.

    Then get that domain.

    Adam.

    Ps. I'm drunk and writing thus on an iPhone. So, buyer be aware.
    Signature

    The Most Bad-Ass Tax Reduction Strategist for Internet Marketers who HATE paying taxes. See my happy clients

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8124735].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pusateri
    A waterproof barrier is like a skin, right?

    And Adam's post seems to indicate people like the number 4.

    My4SkinGuys

    That'll get the clicks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8126302].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RickDuris
      Who would be your market? Be specific. You have to have learned something by now who is attracted to your services.

      - Rick Duris

      PS: The person who came up with the other website. That would be me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8127903].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
        Originally Posted by RickDuris View Post

        Who would be your market? Be specific. You have to have learned something by now who is attracted to your services.

        - Rick Duris

        PS: The person who came up with the other website. That would be me.
        100% correct & thank you for setting the record straight. You gave us a name that has now turned into a successful family business for me & my brother.

        I'm sure you didn't think much of it at the time, but I have to show the ripple effect thats been triggered ever since you helped us out. I've had other sites before that I haven't invested this much time and money into, merely because I didn't like the name.

        This site has been the total opposite.

        Our last week, has been the best week we've ever seen in our lives. Together, me and my brother sold 4 jobs 4 days in a row, totaling $35,900. Although I only keep 12% of that, I've never seen that type of money my entire life.

        And I can't help but wonder what I'd be making if we had a name I wasn't so crazy about. I also can't help but wonder what the result would be if a copywriter did our homepage too. Nevermind just the name.

        Also, as far as this thread goes, I won't be needing help anymore. This is the first time I've picked a name on my own that I really like, so I'm gonna stick with it. It has an alliteration, its positive/friendly, nothing elitist about it etc etc. I also need to stop sharing so many details in a public forum, for my own sake.

        But thanks for all your help guys.
        And thanks x100 to Rick D.

        -Rob
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8131188].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author RickDuris
          Originally Posted by RedShifted View Post

          100% correct & thank you for setting the record straight. You gave us a name that has now turned into a successful family business for me & my brother.

          I'm sure you didn't think much of it at the time, but I have to show the ripple effect thats been triggered ever since you helped us out. I've had other sites before that I haven't invested this much time and money into, merely because I didn't like the name.

          This site has been the total opposite.

          Our last week, has been the best week we've ever seen in our lives. Together, me and my brother sold 4 jobs 4 days in a row, totaling $35,900. Although I only keep 12% of that, I've never seen that type of money my entire life.

          And I can't help but wonder what I'd be making if we had a name I wasn't so crazy about. I also can't help but wonder what the result would be if a copywriter did our homepage too. Nevermind just the name.

          Also, as far as this thread goes, I won't be needing help anymore. This is the first time I've picked a name on my own that I really like, so I'm gonna stick with it. It has an alliteration, its positive/friendly, nothing elitist about it etc etc. I also need to stop sharing so many details in a public forum, for my own sake.

          But thanks for all your help guys.
          And thanks x100 to Rick D.

          -Rob
          I'm happy for you, Rob! That's quite an achievement.

          When you and your brother are ready to ratchet up, let me know. No copy required.

          - Rick Duris
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8134282].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ParkerArrow
    Ha, that's a tough one!

    fissuretech.com
    rainbuckets.com
    gonefission.com
    risingtidy.com
    cellardry.com
    subtite.com
    subsealers.com
    Signature

    PLR Modifiable Content
    PLRmod.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8128541].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author croutz
      HelloWaterproofing.com
      ValueWaterproofing.com
      TotalBasementSolution.com
      AceofBasementWaterproofing.com
      BasementProofing.com
      MoistDownThere.com
      MeSoWetNoMore.com
      AntiDelugeLeague.com
      DustDryBasements.com
      DryMouthWaterproofing.com
      WatergateProof.com
      MagicBulletBasement.com
      RecoverBasement.com
      WetStopsHere.com
      BasementRelieve.com
      WaterproofingForLife.com
      MadAboutWaterproofing.com
      InsideJobWaterproofing.com
      DryProofMyBasement.com
      CoverYourBasement.com
      DrylockHolmes.com
      BlessMyBasement.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8128907].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author momofangelgirl
        Originally Posted by croutz View Post

        HelloWaterproofing.com
        ValueWaterproofing.com
        TotalBasementSolution.com
        AceofBasementWaterproofing.com
        BasementProofing.com
        MoistDownThere.com
        MeSoWetNoMore.com
        AntiDelugeLeague.com
        DustDryBasements.com
        DryMouthWaterproofing.com
        WatergateProof.com
        MagicBulletBasement.com
        RecoverBasement.com
        WetStopsHere.com
        BasementRelieve.com
        WaterproofingForLife.com
        MadAboutWaterproofing.com
        InsideJobWaterproofing.com
        DryProofMyBasement.com
        CoverYourBasement.com
        DrylockHolmes.com
        BlessMyBasement.com
        DrylockHolmes.com ha ha I love it!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8133129].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author urban renewal
    whatever you pick make sure it's easy to spell and type out.

    You're doing it wrong if you have to say "Drenched2Dry.com... with the number '2' not the word."

    Same goes for dashes.
    Signature

    -Clayton

    http://www.ClaytonTerao.com

    I'm a conversion consultant who helps you make more money online with your business.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8131314].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    OK. The ones I like the best are:
    5starfixers.com
    5starwaterproofing.com

    these 2 are ok BUT can be confusing as it can read as west op instead of we stop.

    westopthewater.com
    westopthewet.com

    I hope that makes sense.
    Good luck.


    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Website / Blog for more info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8131478].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GforceSage
    basementweatherproofing.com
    basementweatherproofing.net
    moisturekillers.com
    dryguys.com
    cozybrosweatherproofing.com
    drybroweatherproofpros.com
    NJweatherproofers.com
    waterproofguys.com
    dryhomeNJ.com


    I'll take a gift certificate
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8134839].message }}

Trending Topics