Which is better? Please help solve an argument!

by Meldog
42 replies
Hi Everyone

My page designer and I are having a disagreement about the headline and bullet points in the intro box of my landing page.

I am wanting to use more persuasion type copy, but she has not really come across this and says that hers is better because its more straight forward. (she did steal my headline though!)
As I have a really tight budget for testing I would really appreciate some feedback on which one to begin with and any improvements that could be made.
Eventually I would like to switch the long copy to video, is that something that could work for this product could anyone say?

These are the two versions:
Hers : Menopause |

Mine : Menopause 2 |

I am open to any suggestions so please don't hold back. Thanks
#argument #copy #headlines #landing page #solve
  • Profile picture of the author 06blawton
    Originally Posted by Meldog View Post

    Hi Everyone

    My page designer and I are having a disagreement about the headline and bullet points in the intro box of my landing page.

    I am wanting to use more persuasion type copy, but she has not really come across this and says that hers is better because its more straight forward. (she did steal my headline though!)
    As I have a really tight budget for testing I would really appreciate some feedback on which one to begin with and any improvements that could be made.
    Eventually I would like to switch the long copy to video, is that something that could work for this product could anyone say?

    These are the two versions:
    Hers : Menopause |

    Mine : Menopause 2 |

    I am open to any suggestions so please don't hold back. Thanks
    I prefer her copy. The headline is stronger, IMO. It's a more active headline, which does more to make the reader actually envisage the sex.

    Also the bullets stand out more for her copy.

    Correct me if I'm wrong -- I can't imagine I'm your target market -- but is organic lube really that much of a selling point? I could be wrong on this, but it isn't something that'd really sell me on it.

    Immature, I know, but the man on the right does look like your stereotypical porn star.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9268419].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author daddykool
      ██████████

      Got to go with 06 on this one... not on the p0rn star part by the way!

      Would suggest that you ease back on BOTH landers with the details / text / BP's yahyahyah, there is way too much to make it worth reading, go back to basics a touch...

      EG:

      You go to a store to buy milk, you buy milk
      You go to a petrol pump, you buy petrol
      You search google for "organic lube" you get a simple lander / cpa page..

      Will this work? Hell yeh, everyone online looking / searching is too busy to actually worry about "copy" or "is that a good bit of info" anymore, this is proven by the recent move over by the FBAN devs at FB, make it simple and peeps will buy / signup

      ██████████
      Signature
      LAUNCHING VERY SOON > PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR A WSO THAT EVERY WARRIOR NEW & OLD CAN MAKE $$$ FROM! LIMITED PRE-LAUNCH SPACES - PM or email: JVSuperstars@gmx.com TO RESERVE A PLACE & LOCK IN A SUPER LOW LIFETIME PRICE! *** NEVER TO BE REPEATED PRICE ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE WARRIOR FORUM & OUR VERIFIED JV AFFILIATE PROVIDERS! ***
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9268433].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Meldog
        Originally Posted by daddykool View Post

        ██████████

        Got to go with 06 on this one... not on the p0rn star part by the way!

        Would suggest that you ease back on BOTH landers with the details / text / BP's yahyahyah, there is way too much to make it worth reading, go back to basics a touch...

        EG:

        You go to a store to buy milk, you buy milk
        You go to a petrol pump, you buy petrol
        You search google for "organic lube" you get a simple lander / cpa page..

        Will this work? Hell yeh, everyone online looking / searching is too busy to actually worry about "copy" or "is that a good bit of info" anymore, this is proven by the recent move over by the FBAN devs at FB, make it simple and peeps will buy / signup

        ██████████
        Thanks, we did test a more simple version but it didn't work well. This landing page is not for search on "organic Lube" that is a different landing page. This is for menopausal dryness treatment and so on. I could try to simplify the points though or just try a headline on its own?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9268694].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sethczerepak
    Just run a split test and let your target market decide.

    I'd put my money on her headline though.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9268445].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Meldog
      Originally Posted by sethczerepak View Post

      Just run a split test and let your target market decide.

      I'd put my money on her headline though.
      Ok I will, and I'll let you know
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9268719].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim R
    I think the first one is stronger, but you should test them.

    Obviously I'm not your target audience, but I don't think your copy is really hitting the mark. Certain things seem like they would be a huge disconnect... is using an analogy of Superman and Kryptonite the kind of thing that will resonate with menopausal women? My guess would be no.

    I only skimmed through parts of this, but I think you're missing some important points here. You're focusing a lot on the physical aspect of sex, but don't seem to be addressing the psychological and emotional issues of going through menopause.

    Does your customer feel less attractive? Less confident? Less of a woman? Afraid of growing old and everything that this entails?

    I think you've only really scratched the surface of what your customer wants.

    Are you just selling lubricant, or are you selling the feeling of being young and desirable again? What will it be worth to them to feel what it's like when their husband looks into their eyes with the same level of passion and excitement he did on their honeymoon?

    I have no experience with your particular market though, so feel free to take this advice with a grain of salt.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9268607].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author angiecolee
    First one, definitely.

    You need to study the market a little more. I know a lot of menopausal women were born in the 60s, but how often do you really think they say Vagina in daily conversation?

    Reread Tim's post. You're selling a dream of youth. No one wants to picture a dry, aching Vagina, even if that's the actual problem you're solving.
    Signature

    Aspiring copywriters: if you need 1:1 advice from an experienced copy chief, head over to my Phone a Friend page.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9268636].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Meldog
      Originally Posted by angiecolee View Post

      First one, definitely.

      You need to study the market a little more. I know a lot of menopausal women were born in the 60s, but how often do you really think they say Vagina in daily conversation?

      Reread Tim's post. You're selling a dream of youth. No one wants to picture a dry, aching Vagina, even if that's the actual problem you're solving.
      Thanks, You are right a I will try to put a more positive spin on it. I have done quite a bit of research and its said that a lot of women enjoy sex more after the menopause because they have more time as the kids have left home, they are more confident in themselves and know what they want. Apparently sex after menopause can be the best sex of your life if you can get over the dryness problem! I am not there yet so can't speak from experience. My Mum (63) and her friends talk about sex all the time and aren't shy but maybe they are just odd? lol
      I am finding it hard to segment the market though as and talk to each one as you say some women are not comfortable talking
      about it, but maybe they aren't the ones who are going to be looking for a lube?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9268717].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author angiecolee
        Originally Posted by Meldog View Post

        Thanks, You are right a I will try to put a more positive spin on it. I have done quite a bit of research and its said that a lot of women enjoy sex more after the menopause because they have more time as the kids have left home, they are more confident in themselves and know what they want. Apparently sex after menopause can be the best sex of your life if you can get over the dryness problem! I am not there yet so can't speak from experience. My Mum (63) and her friends talk about sex all the time and aren't shy but maybe they are just odd? lol
        I am finding it hard to segment the market though as and talk to each one as you say some women are not comfortable talking
        about it, but maybe they aren't the ones who are going to be looking for a lube?
        Not saying they're not comfortable talking about it - that's not necessarily true.

        I'm saying your dialog, your pain points - they need to be in language the target market uses. Your mom and her friends are PART of it to be sure, but they're not representative of the whole. You need a lot of perspective, not just familial.

        Picture yourself as a menopausal woman - would you approach your best friend and bluntly state, "man, my vagina's really dry. Do you have that problem, too?"

        It's much more likely that they're saying they wish they could have sex, sex is painful, I just don't get turned on the way I used to, etc. Dry vagina due to age/hormones is the CAUSE of their pain. Your product is the treatment that RELIEVES that pain.

        Basically, instead of saying dry vagina 50 different ways, talk about the pain. You did that in the body copy, but not in the bullets. The bullets (which are right up top) are vagina, vagina, vagina. Translate it into what they're experiencing BECAUSE of the dryness. Then you're setting yourself up to be the solution.
        Signature

        Aspiring copywriters: if you need 1:1 advice from an experienced copy chief, head over to my Phone a Friend page.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9268768].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnRussell
    Most women have better sex at that age so

    Imagine Having Amazing Sex ...etc

    Has a bit of a disconnect I think.

    What about being more direct:

    "Enjoy Frictionless Sex...Even After Menopause"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9268772].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sethczerepak
      Originally Posted by JohnRussell View Post

      Most women have better sex at that age so

      Imagine Having Amazing Sex ...etc

      Has a bit of a disconnect I think.

      What about being more direct:

      "Enjoy Frictionless Sex...Even After Menopause"
      The word "Frictionless," is just going to make them think of friction.

      Same with the word "menopause..." just going to make them think of menopause.

      It's not what you say that matters. It's the picture you create in the reader's mind. This is especially true when marketing to women because they have more gray matter connecting the logical and emotional sides of their brain.

      A good example is the 4th split test on this blog...

      8 Simple Online Copywriting Case Studies with Examples from Real A/B Tests - ContentVerve.com

      Notice that they used the word "spam" in the privacy policy and tested it against a version which didn't include the word spam. Whether it's "we don't spam" or "we do spam..." the picture in the brain is linked to spam.

      To the OP, go with what you have. Too much analysis will just create doubt. Split test the two...and post your results here. I'd be interested in seeing them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9269163].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnRussell
        Originally Posted by sethczerepak View Post

        The word "Frictionless," is just going to make them think of friction.

        Same with the word "menopause..." just going to make them think of menopause.

        It's not what you say that matters. It's the picture you create in the reader's mind. This is especially true when marketing to women because they have more gray matter connecting the logical and emotional sides of their brain.

        A good example is the 4th split test on this blog...

        8 Simple Online Copywriting Case Studies with Examples from Real A/B Tests - ContentVerve.com

        Notice that they used the word "spam" in the privacy policy and tested it against a version which didn't include the word spam. Whether it's "we don't spam" or "we do spam..." the picture in the brain is linked to spam.

        To the OP, go with what you have. Too much analysis will just create doubt. Split test the two...and post your results here. I'd be interested in seeing them.
        Good advice...I typically write to 50 year old men. Think I'll keep doing that.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9269702].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TracyBelshee
        Originally Posted by sethczerepak View Post

        Just wanted to pop back in and say thanks for the link.

        I've been reading his blog/site the past couple of days and he had some very good, easy to to understand information on the topic. Thanks again.

        To the OP, I know very little about split testing but the guy at the link provided above recommends the following site and it can be free (other than you getting traffic to your site) https://visualwebsiteoptimizer.com/ab-testing/.

        I hope that can help.
        Signature
        I may be riding a trike, but it's a badass trike.

        **CAUTION**
        Advice and opinions in the post above are from an amateur. Stay back 50 feet, salt shaker at the ready.
        You've been warned.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9275214].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Meldog
        Originally Posted by sethczerepak View Post

        The word "Frictionless," is just going to make them think of friction.

        Same with the word "menopause..." just going to make them think of menopause.

        It's not what you say that matters. It's the picture you create in the reader's mind. This is especially true when marketing to women because they have more gray matter connecting the logical and emotional sides of their brain.

        A good example is the 4th split test on this blog...

        8 Simple Online Copywriting Case Studies with Examples from Real A/B Tests - ContentVerve.com

        Notice that they used the word "spam" in the privacy policy and tested it against a version which didn't include the word spam. Whether it's "we don't spam" or "we do spam..." the picture in the brain is linked to spam.

        To the OP, go with what you have. Too much analysis will just create doubt. Split test the two...and post your results here. I'd be interested in seeing them.
        Thanks I have read that info from the link and it makes sense I will change it to only use the positive .
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9282902].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author colmodwyer
    I don't understand how you can have a "tight budget" for testing.

    Testing isn't a cost, it's a profit-center.

    Colm
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9269686].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Cohen
      Originally Posted by colmodwyer View Post

      I don't understand how you can have a "tight budget" for testing.

      Testing isn't a cost, it's a profit-center.

      Colm
      Many a new product has died a slow, agonizing death, never to be resurrected .. taking with it to the grave the dollars spent on testing. Hardly a "profit-center".

      Want to call testing dollars an investment? That's fine. Lots of lessons to be learned from failed campaigns.

      Alex
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9269738].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Lance K
        Originally Posted by Alex Cohen View Post

        Many a new product has died a slow, agonizing death, never to be resurrected .. taking with it to the grave the dollars spent on testing. Hardly a "profit-center".

        Want to call testing dollars an investment? That's fine. Lots of lessons to be learned from failed campaigns.

        Alex
        Well, I for one would rather spend the limited budget on a split test instead of sinking all the money into the one favored by members of a forum (most of whom aren't in my target market).
        Signature
        "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
        ~ Zig Ziglar
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9269904].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sethczerepak
      Originally Posted by colmodwyer View Post

      I don't understand how you can have a "tight budget" for testing.

      Testing isn't a cost, it's a profit-center.

      Colm
      Probably means they have a tight budget. That doesn't always mean a scarcity mindset...sometimes ya' only got what ya' got.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9272264].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TracyBelshee
    I also prefer the first version. Without going into to bulk of the page below, what I like at the top is how she stresses short positive points in bold and then expands on them. Those points are what grab my attention on this page and keep me reading for more.

    Then, the box below with even more points get me wanting to read the rest to learn even more.

    I'm not an experienced marketer or copy writer and speaking only as an average Joe and that's what would keep me reading personally. Or even buying on impulse based on the idea the rest will only back up those points.

    BTW, I'm also speaking as a 43 year old man who would read that with an eye on making my wife's experience better. What's better for her in this regard is by far what's better for me. I'd buy it. And the organic would be my tipping point.
    Signature
    I may be riding a trike, but it's a badass trike.

    **CAUTION**
    Advice and opinions in the post above are from an amateur. Stay back 50 feet, salt shaker at the ready.
    You've been warned.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9269919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author splitTest
    Definitely the first one. Though I do like your headline better. "Amazing sex" is almost a cliche by now. "Deeply satisfying" says a lot more.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9272668].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author winfotech
      Mellie,

      I'd like to know more about how you've been an "independent sex researcher" for many years. (honestly)!? (PM me)
      "Hi… My name is Melanie Kay, and I have been an independent sex researcher, product developer and enthusiast for many years!" (I understand the "enthusiast" part) )

      But I have a bit of advice from insight gained in research for my master's thesis on penis size and female satisfaction (yup, again, "really!!") which is that length is important to a few women (less then 15% though) while "width" or "girth" (i.e. circumference ) is more important to their pleasure for the MAJORITY of women. Suggesting/implying that discomfort is due to post-menopause "tightening" of the vagina,and that since you have "the cure" that whatever the "width" it will FEEL bigger, might be a helpful sales point. (Some women worry that childbirth has stretched their vagina irreparably, which is very rarely true but sex during the few months postpartum can turn into a turnoff for husbands, and turn into a "complex" for women, too) (So sad.)

      The Copywriter's copy in the opening (most important for a landing page) HITS the reader with the key sales words at the beginning of those sentences. In fact, I just read/skimmed down the bolded keywords, and arrived at the "order now" button (MUCH better placement, BTW)

      Tim's point about using "vagina" too often (in the second block) is well taken. Women my age and younger (and it's also a regional thing) are not terribly uncomfortable with the word vagina, although some of a "girls" couple generations younger are still hesitant to use it in "mixed company" (apparently still a "no-no" on afternoon TV, too). But older women (post menopausal obviously) which is to say 70 and older, are also squeamish about the word, too.

      I had a Professor who has an ongoing thing called "The Vagina Project" which is to try to get women to use the word vagina "correctly". Actually SHE uses it incorrectly, what she really means is "vulva" the external, visible parts, or "pudenda" which covers an even wider area of sexually "taboo" anatomy. But the point is, she sent our whole class out into the world (our group went to a shopping mall) to try to break down reluctance to use "vagina" as a common term (and I, as usual, went my own way, explaining that "vulva" was the proper term, and that vagina, meaning the internal structure, was not a bad word either).

      Use words that imply comfort, but also have a "sexy" connotation, like "silky" and "satin smooth", as well as words that suggest getting past the taboo of sex (esp. for older women, as you say, 70's and 80's can be some of the best times for women who don't even reach their "peak" until around 40). Boudoir, steamy, thrilling, titillating, penetrating are all potentially good words.

      And as at least one other reader pointed out, MEN WILL BUY THIS for their wives in hope of reviving a flagging sex life. Many women buy into the idea that they are no longer "women" after menopause, (dumb, dumb, dumb) or that they are not attractive to the opposite sex (Silly girls). Frankly the first screen worth was all I needed (as a man, with an older wife) to convince me that this was the hottest thing since the "stimulating" version of KY jelly.

      Go girl, keep up the good (and important) work you are doing. We older men appreciate it.

      Sincerely,
      Stafford "Doc" Williamson
      (newly minted Master of Arts grad in Interdisciplinary Studies)
      Signature

      Stafford \"Doc\" Williamson

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9272997].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Meldog
        Originally Posted by winfotech View Post

        Mellie,

        And as at least one other reader pointed out, MEN WILL BUY THIS for their wives in hope of reviving a flagging sex life. Many women buy into the idea that they are no longer "women" after menopause, (dumb, dumb, dumb) or that they are not attractive to the opposite sex (Silly girls). Frankly the first screen worth was all I needed (as a man, with an older wife) to convince me that this was the hottest thing since the "stimulating" version of KY jelly.

        Go girl, keep up the good (and important) work you are doing. We older men appreciate it.
        Thanks for your encouragement
        I am tackling the different markets segments for my product with different landing pages and the one for men is next on the list. As I can only use ppc advertising for this I am wondering what a man would search for if he was looking for this product for his partner?
        Can you offer any suggestions please or a man's insight into this please?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9282989].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author clever7
          Originally Posted by Meldog View Post

          Thanks for your encouragement
          I am tackling the different markets segments for my product with different landing pages and the one for men is next on the list. As I can only use ppc advertising for this I am wondering what a man would search for if he was looking for this product for his partner?
          Can you offer any suggestions please or a man's insight into this please?
          The first idea that came to my mind when I read what you wrote was "A product that works like viagra for women" but I'm afraid I'm distorting the product's effect...

          Perhaps you could write "A product that almost works like viagra for women".

          This way you will be honest, and nobody will really care about the word 'almost'. I read that we dismiss many words when we are reading something fast.

          I believe that this ad would get men's attention, but I'm a woman. This is my opinion.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9284189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author keithb89
    The first one is stronger, but its almost too strong! When it comes to "adult products" I'm guessing the ladies like a softer touch (pun intended).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9276252].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clever7
    I won't criticize the copy because you already had the criticism of many experts, but I believe that you have to change the couple’s picture. I didn't like their somehow ‘obscene’ style.

    I believe that a romantic picture of a mature couple would be much better.

    I also believe that you have to delete the pictures of your testimonials and their last names.

    Serious women would feel embarrassed if you would ask for their testimonial… they wouldn’t publicly expose their sexual life. Therefore, it’s more than obvious that your testimonials are FALSE…

    You are not selling internet marketing courses. These women have no reason to desire to show to the world that they are using your product.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9276631].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author angiecolee
      Originally Posted by clever7 View Post

      I won't criticize the copy because you already had the criticism of many experts, but I believe that you have to change the couple's picture. I didn't like their somehow 'obscene' style.

      I believe that a romantic picture of a mature couple would be much better.

      I also believe that you have to delete the pictures of your testimonials and their last names.

      Serious women would feel embarrassed if you would ask for their testimonial... they wouldn't publicly expose their sexual life. Therefore, it's more than obvious that your testimonials are FALSE...

      You are not selling internet marketing courses. These women have no reason to desire to show to the world that they are using your product.
      Baseless assumptions. You're not the market.
      Signature

      Aspiring copywriters: if you need 1:1 advice from an experienced copy chief, head over to my Phone a Friend page.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9276648].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tim R
      Originally Posted by clever7 View Post

      [FONT=Arial]I won't criticize the copy because you already had the criticism of many experts, but I believe that you have to change the couple's picture. I didn't like their somehow 'obscene' style.
      You think that photo is obscene?! Why?

      As far as your other comments, you're totally off the mark here. You're the first to admit you know nothing about copywriting, so all you're doing is offering bad and misleading advice.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9277497].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author clever7
        Originally Posted by Tim R View Post

        You think that photo is obscene?! Why?

        As far as your other comments, you're totally off the mark here. You're the first to admit you know nothing about copywriting, so all you're doing is offering bad and misleading advice.
        I think that my opinion does matter because the seller is selling this product to mature women like me. I represent the public.

        I believe that a romantic picture would have a better effect. This picture is showing that the man is satisfied; it is not showing that the couple is more united now.

        If you will apply the 'so what' method to this case, you will realize that what really matters for these women is not to merely sexually satisfy their partner without pain, but to have a better relationship in general terms.

        You should also take into consideration the fact that this product is for mature women. Many of them are mothers. They are not women who like to be 'sexy', but women who want to keep their husbands - instead of losing them because they may prefer a younger woman.

        This is why I believe that the focus should be to make the love relationship between the couple stronger, and not only to improve their sexual relationships.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9279008].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jakedenver
          Sex No Longer Has To Be ______________ or _______________ Introducing The Magic.

          20 Years Ago... Amazing Sex Was Over At Age 60... Not Any Longer.

          You Don't Feel Sexy? He Thinks You Are. Give Him What He Wants. Pura Oil on His...

          "Imagine" is dull to me... Just honesty. I don't know the market though.

          I was Having Fun on That Last One. Pura Vida!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9279052].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Meldog
            Originally Posted by jakedenver View Post

            Sex No Longer Has To Be ______________ or _______________ Introducing The Magic.

            20 Years Ago... Amazing Sex Was Over At Age 60... Not Any Longer.

            You Don't Feel Sexy? He Thinks You Are. Give Him What He Wants. Pura Oil on His...

            "Imagine" is dull to me... Just honesty. I don't know the market though.

            I was Having Fun on That Last One. Pura Vida!
            To be honest I was thinking of trying something like this.. thanks for the suggestions
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9282830].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author angiecolee
          Originally Posted by clever7 View Post

          I think that my opinion does matter because the seller is selling this product to mature women like me. I represent the public.

          I believe that a romantic picture would have a better effect. This picture is showing that the man is satisfied; it is not showing that the couple is more united now.

          If you will apply the 'so what' method to this case, you will realize that what really matters for these women is not to merely sexually satisfy their partner without pain, but to have a better relationship in general terms.

          You should also take into consideration the fact that this product is for mature women. Many of them are mothers. They are not women who like to be 'sexy', but women who want to keep their husbands - instead of losing them because they may prefer a younger woman.

          This is why I believe that the focus should be to make the love relationship between the couple stronger, and not only to improve their sexual relationships.
          Would you buy this product?

          Answer honestly. Forget this sales page. Forget everything we've discussed.

          Are you looking for lube? Are you looking for better sex after menopause?
          Signature

          Aspiring copywriters: if you need 1:1 advice from an experienced copy chief, head over to my Phone a Friend page.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9279264].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author clever7
            Originally Posted by angiecolee View Post

            Would you buy this product?

            Answer honestly. Forget this sales page. Forget everything we've discussed.

            Are you looking for lube? Are you looking for better sex after menopause?
            I wouldn't read the sales page or anything else because I didn't like its style. I would click away.

            I'm not looking for better sex after menopause but I know a lot of women who lost their husbands when their children became teens or young adults, and many other women who are afraid to be in their position.

            I believe that these women would prefer another kind of atmosphere. These women don't feel they can compete with younger women who are more attractive then them. This is why they need to feel that they will manage to hold their husbands because their better sexual experiences will make their love relationship stronger.

            I'm analyzing this case with the knowledge I have, based on my life experiences, and as a student of copywriting.

            I had the intention to help the OP be accepted and trusted, and help this product become popular for all women who face menopause/sexual problems, for any reason.








            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9281239].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author angiecolee
              Originally Posted by clever7 View Post

              [FONT=Arial] These women don't feel they can compete with younger women who are more attractive then them.
              So once again, you are not the market. The friends you speak of? Also not the market.

              Could they be helped by something like this? Potentially, but I wouldn't mix the message and muddy the waters when the target market is people who want better sex.

              Lube is for sex. Arguing that lube increases romantic connections and will save your marriage from crumbling? That's a pretty damn big stretch.

              Sell salad dressing to people who eat salad. Sell lube to people who want better sex, whether or not their relationship is at stake.
              Signature

              Aspiring copywriters: if you need 1:1 advice from an experienced copy chief, head over to my Phone a Friend page.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9281539].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Tim R
          Originally Posted by clever7 View Post


          I believe that a romantic picture would have a better effect. This picture is showing that the man is satisfied; it is not showing that the couple is more united now.
          I don't see that at all, and I can't imagine that anyone else would either. Obscene infers that there is something sexually gratuitous about the picture, which isn't the case at all. If you think there's anything overtly graphic about this photo then you have a very strange way of looking at things.

          If you will apply the 'so what' method to this case, you will realize that what really matters for these women is not to merely sexually satisfy their partner without pain, but to have a better relationship in general terms.

          You should also take into consideration the fact that this product is for mature women. Many of them are mothers. They are not women who like to be 'sexy', but women who want to keep their husbands - instead of losing them because they may prefer a younger woman.

          This is why I believe that the focus should be to make the love relationship between the couple stronger, and not only to improve their sexual relationships.
          This is a completely different point entirely than what mentioned in the other post. You only mentioned the photos and the testimonials.

          Basically you accused the OP of using false testimonials and advised her to drop the last names and pictures. You're basing this off of your personal feelings and ideas, not on anything concrete.

          The testimonials look more believable by having more detail. The way you would like them presented would decrease their credibility. Just because you wouldn't want your picture and name on the site doesn't mean everyone feels this way. Not everyone feels shameful about sex.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9279965].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Meldog
          Originally Posted by clever7 View Post

          I think that my opinion does matter because the seller is selling this product to mature women like me. I represent the public.

          I believe that a romantic picture would have a better effect. This picture is showing that the man is satisfied; it is not showing that the couple is more united now.

          If you will apply the 'so what' method to this case, you will realize that what really matters for these women is not to merely sexually satisfy their partner without pain, but to have a better relationship in general terms.

          You should also take into consideration the fact that this product is for mature women. Many of them are mothers. They are not women who like to be 'sexy', but women who want to keep their husbands - instead of losing them because they may prefer a younger woman.

          This is why I believe that the focus should be to make the love relationship between the couple stronger, and not only to improve their sexual relationships.
          Thanks for taking the time to give your opinion, and I agree that women who no longer want to have sex with their husbands are worried that their husbands will leave them for another. I don't think its necessarily younger women but just someone who will sleep with them. I also agree that couples who have more intimacy are more likely to have a strong relationship so in that way it does strengthen the overall relationship.
          I seems there are many facets to this one market segment and I might have to target them all separately at some point.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9282853].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clever7
    I understand your point of view. You are probably right because you are an expert, while I’m an amateur.

    So, you think that a more sophisticated picture wouldn’t work for all cases?

    I thought it could.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9281979].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9282014].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Meldog
      Originally Posted by RickGueli View Post

      Yours Melanie. I prefer yours.

      Rik
      Thanks Rik,

      is there a reason you prefer mine?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9282816].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pewpewpewmonkeys
    I think that my opinion does matter because the seller is selling this product to mature women like me. I represent the public.
    "women like me", except it's not women like you other than the age factor. 1 person is hardly a representation of the public.

    I believe that a romantic picture would have a better effect. This picture is showing that the man is satisfied
    Isn't that the goal?


    If you will apply the ‘so what’ method to this case, you will realize that what really matters for these women is not to merely sexually satisfy their partner without pain, but to have a better relationship in general terms.

    Sex =/= romance and Romance =/= sex. It might for you, but it doesn't for all.


    You should also take into consideration the fact that this product is for mature women. Many of them are mothers. They are not women who like to be ‘sexy’
    Whoa, wait, WHAT?

    What does being a mature woman or a mother have to do with not wanting to be sexy?! Being mature (older or wiser) doesn't make a person not want to be sexy. Being a parent doesn't make a person not want to be sexy either.

    ...but women who want to keep their husbands – instead of losing them because they may prefer a younger woman.

    Who are sexy. Thus they want to be sexy.
    This is why I believe that the focus should be to make the love relationship between the couple stronger, and not only to improve their sexual relationships.

    This would be like saying that in order to sell engine oil a marketer should focus on families having a great pick-nick because those families drive to the countryside and driving requires oil.




    "When he pops that little blue pill, make sure you WILL. Squirt some goop in your vagina."
    Signature
    Some cause-oriented hackers recently hacked one of my websites. So I researched what they're about and then donated a large sum of money to the entity they hate the most.

    The next time they hack one of my websites I'm going to donate DOUBLE.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9282125].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Flyingpig7
    Hi Meldog,

    I wouldn't describe myself as speaking for the public let alone women of a certain age just for me.I am however about the right age and am going through the big M.

    Also having followed this thread for a few days now I feel I've got to say something.

    Firstly I do agree with some posters that the product is nothing to do with relationships it's to do with sex, a matter of conjecture whether the couples are married or in a serious relationship or not.

    In this particular case I do agree with the poster who says split testing is esstential that is the only real way of determining your success with any of the elements discussed here.

    Looking at both landing pages I don't find the pictures used offensive at all on the contrary quite chaste.
    They have a nice clean look about them, in fact both landing pages do.

    Sorry to disappoint you I do prefer your designers landing page because of the bullet points they stand out nicely above the fold .Then the Large "10 amazing ways..." panel just in case the visitor missed reading the first section.
    All this before the visitor can sit down to read the rest of the copy. I mean you've now caught their attention and qualified that those bullet points apply to them so they want to read the rest of it.

    I'm not a copywriter just saying how this reads to me. Hope it helps you.

    Keren
    Signature

    Have a great day

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9282740].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Meldog
      Hi Keren,

      Thanks for your reply, I think from reading all the comments that there is perhaps 2 sections to this market . Those women who still want sex but without the pain etc and those women who are married that perhaps would forgo it however they wish to still keep their husbands happy. I could have different landing pages for those but not sure how I would be able to target them ppc wise. There is alot of testing for me to do!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9282812].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ShaKing50
    I preferred your headline and setup. It was straight to the point and if I was looking for deep satisfying sex after menopause I just want something that can do the trick. I don't want to read through all the gumpth I just want something that will work. Why would I take the time to read all of that. I'd buy it, try it and if it worked tell my friends. Sod reading reams and reams about why it works I'd just want to get my freak on. from someone who would definitely buy based on your landing page.

    I hope this helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9282959].message }}

Trending Topics