I'm currently doing some research into all of the current ecommerce solutions and trying to determine whether there might be a need for something a little different to what's currently available, so I would really appreciate some input from anyone that sells online.
If you could answer any or all of the following questions, I would find it really helpful.
- Which ecommerce platform do you currently use?
- Which kind of solution do you favor, hosted or open source/custom? Why?
- Do you sell products through an Amazon or Ebay store? If yes, then do you feel that these platforms allow you to build a brand identity as well as some of the other solutions?
- If Amazon/Ebay allowed more customisation and allowed you to use a custom domain, would this option be attractive to you?
- Do you feel that any of the current ecommerce solutions that you've used cater well for consumers using mobiles and tablets?
Thanks for your time