how to make sure that product suppliers allow drop shipping their products?

by mokal
8 replies
  • ECOMMERCE
  • |
i am asking this because i saw some suppliers are against drop shipping and they dont allow it to their products they even consider it as a spam activity ( i dont know the reason) which may cause a legal issue or closing your account in ebay if you sell the products there..so the question is how to make sure that the product you choose is allowed to be drop shipped

and are all the products on aliexpress can be drop shipped without a problem?
#drop #make #product #products #shipping #suppliers
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    Banned
    how to make sure that the product you choose is allowed to be drop shipped
    Ask the people who own it.

    i saw some suppliers are against drop shipping and they dont allow it to their products they even consider it as a spam activity ( i dont know the reason
    You are talking about "arbitrage" which is listing products you don't own (without permission) and then buying the product from the actual seller and entering your customer's information.

    If some people find you advertising products of theirs as your own they'll have lawyers taking you apart very quickly.

    Brent
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11226007].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mokal
      Originally Posted by Brent Stangel View Post

      Ask the people who own it.



      You are talking about "arbitrage" which is listing products you don't own (without permission) and then buying the product from the actual seller and entering your customer's information.

      If some people find you advertising products of theirs as your own they'll have lawyers taking you apart very quickly.

      Brent
      thank you
      i am new to this and i was abit confused because they appear to have the same meaning drop shipping and artbitrage..you buy low and sell high....so asking the supplier first if they allow drop shipping is a necessary part of the drop shipping process
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11226734].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
        Originally Posted by mokal View Post

        thank you
        i am new to this and i was abit confused because they appear to have the same meaning drop shipping and artbitrage..you buy low and sell high....so asking the supplier first if they allow drop shipping is a necessary part of the drop shipping process
        I missed your comment before and just caught it.

        No, dropshipping and arbitrage are not the same thing, although there are some scam courses out there that lead you to believe that they are.

        Dropshipping is buying things at wholesale prices from manufacturers or distributors, marking them up to normal competitive retail prices and selling them.

        Arbitrage is buying things at retail prices, marking them up and selling them at even higher retail prices to people who are too dumb to realize they are getting ripped off.
        Signature
        StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
        My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11235036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    As Brent said, you simply ask. We hardly ever mess with AliExpress because shipping times are long and product quality is often quite poor.

    For most of our websites, we only sell brand name products and we start at the top, with the actual brand and ask if they will dropship. If not, we ask them for contact information for their biggest buyers and distributors, many of whom will dropship.

    We never do dropship arbitrage - it is without a doubt the worst model ever created for making money online. Buying at retail from one place online and selling it to a customer who is too stupid to realize he is being ripped off by your markup is not a model for success. There are definitely a lot of dumb people out there, but basing your entire business model on finding the dumbest of the dumb to buy from you is just ... well ... dumb.
    Signature
    StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11226710].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mokal
      Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

      As Brent said, you simply ask. We hardly ever mess with AliExpress because shipping times are long and product quality is often quite poor.

      For most of our websites, we only sell brand name products and we start at the top, with the actual brand and ask if they will dropship. If not, we ask them for contact information for their biggest buyers and distributors, many of whom will dropship.

      We never do dropship arbitrage - it is without a doubt the worst model ever created for making money online. Buying at retail from one place online and selling it to a customer who is too stupid to realize he is being ripped off by your markup is not a model for success. There are definitely a lot of dumb people out there, but basing your entire business model on finding the dumbest of the dumb to buy from you is just ... well ... dumb.
      thank you
      as far as i know aliexpress is a retail store so getting products from there and listing them in other stores for higher prices isnt this called arbitrage?
      or perhaps they give special prices (wholesale prices) to the people who do drop shipping?
      i spent much time reading about drop shipping but most of the info provided in internet i see is basic info...so a questions like how to contact wholesale suppliers?

      and is it safe to do drop shipping on ebay?
      i see some ebay sellers( i assume they do drop shipping) they sell products that are listed in ali express they sell them for higher prices on ebay to make profit...is this safe on ebay?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11226781].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
        Originally Posted by mokal View Post

        thank you
        as far as i know aliexpress is a retail store so getting products from there and listing them in other stores for higher prices isnt this called arbitrage?
        or perhaps they give special prices (wholesale prices) to the people who do drop shipping?
        i spent much time reading about drop shipping but most of the info provided in internet i see is basic info...so a questions like how to contact wholesale suppliers?

        and is it safe to do drop shipping on ebay?
        i see some ebay sellers( i assume they do drop shipping) they sell products that are listed in ali express they sell them for higher prices on ebay to make profit...is this safe on ebay?
        Technically, the places listed on AliExpress are supposed to be wholesalers but you know how things are in that country; they never follow the rules of the rest of the world, so quite often, you will see those same companies selling products on their own site at those same "wholesale" prices. The good news is, most consumers are scared of buying things from Chinese companies so they have no problem buying from you. That is not exactly the same thing as the "dropship arbitrage" model of ordering something from Walmart.com to ship directly to your customer.
        Signature
        StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
        My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11227390].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by mokal View Post

    i am asking this because i saw some suppliers are against drop shipping and they dont allow it to their products they even consider it as a spam activity ( i dont know the reason) which may cause a legal issue or closing your account in ebay if you sell the products there..so the question is how to make sure that the product you choose is allowed to be drop shipped

    and are all the products on aliexpress can be drop shipped without a problem?





    Buy the product and have it shipped to another address/person. Now you know.

    If this is the DIY drop shipping I'd skip the whole idea.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11226789].message }}
  • hello mokal,

    1-yes all the products can easily be drop shipped but you should prefer the one's with the epacket delivery.
    2-On Aliexpress, about 95% of the sellers allow dropshipping bcoz they just want sales but some prefer their store's uniquenes instead of sales so they dont allow.
    3-ask buyer directly about this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11242099].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics