how do you make your list profitable?

9 replies
How to make your list profitable?

We know that to succeed in this business we'll have to build our list.

"Not all list are equal in terms of profitability"

It's better to have 1000 subscribers which actively reading your emails and frequently buy your offers than having a list of 10000 that no one buys

All of us have different views on list building and how you can profit more out of it and each subscribers is worth a dollar or more depends on how you handle them.

Ex. if they don't buy then convert them to be your affiliate

Here's what I'm going to do:
* Modify Email Series
* Segregate subscribers
* Removing inactive subscribers
* Check the offers in my autoresponders if they are still exist or if they are still effective
* Send quality information only

When you're in a hurry, sometimes you didn't check everything and sometimes you neglect to check all your email series.

How often do you check the content of your email series?

How often do you check your offers?

I'm guilty on that and it cause some subscribers to unsubscribe after they bought a product that is not effective anymore.

Again, how do you make your list profitable?

Your answer can help me and other warriors here.

Thank you!

Ross
#autoresponders #email marketing #email series #list #list building #make #profit #profitable
  • Profile picture of the author RyanJohnson1
    Originally Posted by Ross Dalangin View Post

    How to make your list profitable?

    We know that to succeed in this business we'll have to build our list.

    "Not all list are equal in terms of profitability"

    It's better to have 1000 subscribers which actively reading your emails and frequently buy your offers than having a list of 10000 that no one buys

    All of us have different views on list building and how you can profit more out of it and each subscribers is worth a dollar or more depends on how you handle them.

    Ex. if they don't buy then convert them to be your affiliate

    Here's what I'm going to do:
    * Modify Email Series
    * Segregate subscribers
    * Removing inactive subscribers
    * Check the offers in my autoresponders if they are still exist or if they are still effective
    * Send quality information only

    When you're in a hurry, sometimes you didn't check everything and sometimes you neglect to check all your email series.

    How often do you check the content of your email series?

    How often do you check your offers?

    I'm guilty on that and it cause some subscribers to unsubscribe after they bought a product that is not effective anymore.

    Again, how do you make your list profitable?

    Your answer can help me and other warriors here.

    Thank you!

    Ross
    the first thing I did to double the amount of money I was earning from my list was promote my own offers at the beginning of the follow up series as opposed to promoting affiliate offers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9590205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mindz
    Great tips but what really help me was when I start adding my personality and who I really was into my email copy. It grew once I started that. Sometimes I make sales without even sending out emails due to my following knowing me.

    I say build your audience and build them in your tone ! That matters.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9590210].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RyanJohnson1
      Originally Posted by Mindz View Post

      Great tips but what really help me was when I start adding my personality and who I really was into my email copy. It grew once I started that. Sometimes I make sales without even sending out emails due to my following knowing me.

      I say build your audience and build them in your tone ! That matters.
      similar to this on my primary list now I also do this but take this one step further.

      I often mail my list as my assistant or my girlfriend. This way I can increase the amount of mail I send to my list without pissing them off.

      I learned this from some of the large mailhouses. Some of them have up to 12 different personalities mailing the list all from their own unique tone and personality.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9590222].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Avocado Plugins
        I think one of the major ways to have a profitable list is to be honest with the list. And I really mean genuine no games none of that.

        You basically don't look at your list as HOW can I make money off of this but you look at it as HOW can I educate, inspire and provide value to my list. What can I put out there in my email that could influence their lives and make it better and your product or affiliate product has to be congruent with that message.

        Can't just say inspiring things and then sell some cheap affiliate products that don't stand the promise you made. Both have to be in line with each other.

        And if you cannot find an affiliate product then make your own. It is better to provide real value and crate a sustaining business then to look at it as a short term money maker, cheat, lie and burn out the list. It is also not spiritually satisfying to just look at the list as a money machine - your heart gets tiered of it if you will. When you help your list however you feel very fulfilled and as a result you also make more money.

        Life is a funny thing.
        Signature
        Let our lean, healthy and shredded WordPress Plugins make you more money... start here.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9590246].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ross Dalangin
          Yes absolutely correct and that's what I'm actually going to do. That's why I'm going to modify my email series. It's a win-win. Thanks!

          Originally Posted by Avocado Plugins View Post

          I think one of the major ways to have a profitable list is to be honest with the list. And I really mean genuine no games none of that.

          You basically don't look at your list as HOW can I make money off of this but you look at it as HOW can I educate, inspire and provide value to my list. What can I put out there in my email that could influence their lives and make it better and your product or affiliate product has to be congruent with that message.

          Can't just say inspiring things and then sell some cheap affiliate products that don't stand the promise you made. Both have to be in line with each other.

          And if you cannot find an affiliate product then make your own. It is better to provide real value and crate a sustaining business then to look at it as a short term money maker, cheat, lie and burn out the list. It is also not spiritually satisfying to just look at the list as a money machine - your heart gets tiered of it if you will. When you help your list however you feel very fulfilled and as a result you also make more money.

          Life is a funny thing.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9590270].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andra el
    by offering them my products, but not just offering, give selling point to your products (ultimate advantages)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9599314].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    Originally Posted by Ross Dalangin View Post

    How often do you check the content of your email series?

    How often do you check your offers?
    Since my education is in engineering and most of my engineering career was spent in manufacturing, I tend to take a Statistical Process Control approach. I watch my stats.

    If, say, engagement (primarily CTR) drops off from where I expect it to be for a certain message, I start looking for problems with that message.

    > Do the links work?
    > If it's an affiliate offer, does the landing page still match what I led people to expect?
    > If it's a new series, what might be causing a drop in response?
    > If people are clicking the offer, and response is dropping off, what's changed?
    > If people are engaging right up to when an offer is made, what's wrong with the offer?
    > Etc.

    Even if everything is within bounds, what's the weakest point? And what can I test to try to improve it?

    Keep asking questions based on the list's behavior, and test changes with an eye to incremental improvement.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9600456].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Hello Ross,
      I think buying and using every single product you Offer is paramount.

      I mean how can you build credibility with someone if you do not just talk the talk but walk the walk ?

      Take some money and invest in ALL the Programs you promote

      Learn them forward and backward. If they do not make the cut then do not promote them
      Simple as that !

      - Robert Andrew
      Signature

      Nothing to see here including a Sig so just move on :)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9600753].message }}

Trending Topics