Well, I've been familiar with the idea of finance yourself online for a year or so, but couple of weeks ago to actually do a hands-on and move forward this field.
During my initial research I raised several questions regarding this field. I would aprriciate very much if you can put a 60 seconds (thats nothing right? less than a daily swipe on facebook ) effort and answer my questions bellow. I believe those will be also very helpful for other guys.
So my basic understanding regarding EM (Email Marketing) is:
a. get a website/landing page
b. get a free product which you will ask your visitors to give away their email in order to get it.
put aside for a second the fact that the product should be attractive and such in order that your subscribers will want to continue to read your further emails in the future.
c. gather a email list
d. send emails and send products to that email list.
so the questions that i've come up with are:
1. Ive recently started learning WP site building. how do i actually connect it to an email list or create the popup or a zone on the website that will gather the emails into DB? if theres some 101 guide - please link me in
2. how did you chose your initial free give away product. in which field, what did guide you to choose a specific field?
3. after setting a theme to specific give away product, does all your following products have to follow the same theme or subject? like i don't believe that people who like astrology will be glad-fully receiving products on how to win in chess in 4 easy steps.
4. what data you would gather from the customer besides his email address (like, his name?). how does it affect the will of the customer to give away 2 pieces of information instead of 1? (requires more compliance from their side)
5. after you got an email list. whats then, which programs are there that will distribute email to the whole list. please least 2 that most likable by you.
thank you guys, will be looking forwards your commends!