High opt-in rate Low conversion rate

11 replies
Hi,

After several attempts and making significant changes on PPC ads I was successfully able to have 55% optin rate, however, my conversion is very low (almost 5%).

Here is the flow, after optin, the customer is redirected to affiliate link (this page is completely displayed on my own webpage as iframe.

Moreover, a various set of emails are sent to customers, but opening rate is almost Nil....

I was targeting various types of Exact match keywords however, I added couple of other targeted Phrase match. (majority of optins from Phrase match) however, performance is very poor.

This issue is not applicable for all my landing pages and different offers within health niche.

How can I improve this? Do I need to discontinue bidding on Phrase match and restrict my PPC to Exact match only? and how to improve the email opening rate (email copy is provided by the vendor)

Thanks for your support
Alex
#conversion #high #low #optin #rate
  • Profile picture of the author MatthewBass
    You can improve email open rates by changing the subject of the emails and testing until you find the one that provides the best open rates.

    There are a lot of ways to come up with great headlines, but a quick tool that I use to check my final subject lines is: Advanced Marketing Institute - Headline Analyzer

    I've found that any headline that I come up with that tests at least 50% on that tool does pretty well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10173317].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alex
      Originally Posted by MatthewBass View Post

      You can improve email open rates by changing the subject of the emails and testing until you find the one that provides the best open rates.

      There are a lot of ways to come up with great headlines, but a quick tool that I use to check my final subject lines is: Advanced Marketing Institute - Headline Analyzer

      I've found that any headline that I come up with that tests at least 50% on that tool does pretty well.
      Thanks a lot...

      What about low conversion immediately after optin ..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10173332].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by MatthewBass View Post

      You can improve email open rates by changing the subject of the emails and testing until you find the one that provides the best open rates.

      There are a lot of ways to come up with great headlines, but a quick tool that I use to check my final subject lines is: Advanced Marketing Institute - Headline Analyzer

      I've found that any headline that I come up with that tests at least 50% on that tool does pretty well.
      Not always true. A matter of fact its usually more important WHERE that email is coming from than WHAT the headline is that will affect Open Rates.

      If you establish yourself as a interesting, engaging, and authoritative person from the git go then the Open Rates will in many cases be high


      - Robert Andrew
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10178832].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
    Originally Posted by Mark Alex View Post

    Hi,

    After several attempts and making significant changes on PPC ads I was successfully able to have 55% optin rate, however, my conversion is very low (almost 5%).

    Here is the flow, after optin, the customer is redirected to affiliate link (this page is completely displayed on my own webpage as iframe.

    Moreover, a various set of emails are sent to customers, but opening rate is almost Nil....

    I was targeting various types of Exact match keywords however, I added couple of other targeted Phrase match. (majority of optins from Phrase match) however, performance is very poor.

    This issue is not applicable for all my landing pages and different offers within health niche.

    How can I improve this? Do I need to discontinue bidding on Phrase match and restrict my PPC to Exact match only? and how to improve the email opening rate (email copy is provided by the vendor)

    Thanks for your support
    Alex
    Alex, 5% conversion is not a low opt-in rate for solo ad traffic. Or any cold traffic for that matter. Making a good amount on the upsells is a good way to boost your revenue.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10174058].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alex
      Thanks Brendan...

      In fact I have Nil upsells, I may need to promote different offer
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10174701].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Edwin Torres
    Low conversions? Maybe your traffic isn't as targeted as you think. Another idea...try to repel people on your squeeze page. Instead of making it sound general, make it more niche specific.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10175176].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alex
      Originally Posted by Edwin Torres View Post

      Low conversions? Maybe your traffic isn't as targeted as you think. Another idea...try to repel people on your squeeze page. Instead of making it sound general, make it more niche specific.
      No, my traffic is very targeted, I used to get one sale for every 40 clicks when i used to direct traffic to affiliate link directly. However, despite high optin rate, sales are very low. now, every 100 click I get one sale.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10175468].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    Conversion really boils down to your landing page.

    You have to make sure that you are making the right kinds of promises in the sequence leading up to your landing page.

    When people come up to your landing page, there should not be such a big break in experience that they are essentially left confused.

    It does not really matter how much traffic you pump into your landing page.

    If your landing page is set up improperly, you are settling for cents on the dollar.

    You are leaving a lot of money on the table.

    You might want to change different elements of your mailing list on a piecemeal basis.

    For example, start with the header title.

    Come up with five variations and then test which variation gets the most conversions, and then keep making variations of that until you get a very high level conversion.

    You then move on down to images and other elements.

    Do you see how this works?

    Your chances of successare much higher if you approach things on a piecemeal and scientific basis rather than doing things by the seat of your pants.

    Impressions can only go so far.

    Most of the time, most people's hunches are wrong.
    Signature

    Build Your Passive Income Empire the SMART WAY
    Pay less / Earn More / Start Earning Faster
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10178105].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Alex
      Originally Posted by writeaway View Post

      Conversion really boils down to your landing page.

      You have to make sure that you are making the right kinds of promises in the sequence leading up to your landing page.

      When people come up to your landing page, there should not be such a big break in experience that they are essentially left confused.

      It does not really matter how much traffic you pump into your landing page.

      If your landing page is set up improperly, you are settling for cents on the dollar.

      You are leaving a lot of money on the table.

      You might want to change different elements of your mailing list on a piecemeal basis.

      For example, start with the header title.

      Come up with five variations and then test which variation gets the most conversions, and then keep making variations of that until you get a very high level conversion.

      You then move on down to images and other elements.

      Do you see how this works?

      Your chances of successare much higher if you approach things on a piecemeal and scientific basis rather than doing things by the seat of your pants.

      Impressions can only go so far.

      Most of the time, most people's hunches are wrong.
      Noted, will revise and test it.... Thanks man
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10178542].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author myattitude
    It sounds like an issue with either your subject lines or deliverability.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10187320].message }}

Trending Topics