MailChimp alternatives

by WF- Enzo Administrator
19 replies
It's 2019, and there are sorts of email marketing tools available. And MailChimp is still top of mind when we all look for an email marketing tool. On the other side of the coin, MailChimp is very ubiquitous and some might not find it effective at all. If I was to run a startup firm and I'll send an email blast to my prospective customers, what alternatives to MailChimp would you suggest?
#alternatives #email marketing #mailchimp
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author sgalla414
    Convertkit or Kajabi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11528378].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author monica geller
    Here are some of the alternatives for mailchimp:
    • omnisend
    • sendinblue
    • mailjet
    • campaign monitor
    • aweber
    • constant contact
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11529035].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MichaelQuinn
    I'm currently trying to decide on which i want to use as an autoresponder for the first time: mail chimp or aweber. For a brand new person using an autoresponder, which of those two options do you think would be best for me?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11529130].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
      Originally Posted by MichaelQuinn View Post

      I'm currently trying to decide on which i want to use as an autoresponder for the first time: mail chimp or aweber. For a brand new person using an autoresponder, which of those two options do you think would be best for me?
      If you're planning to do any affiliate marketing or get involved in MMO, stay away from MailChimp. That's against their TOS.

      Other than that, look for an autoresponder that offers a free trial period so you can test the service and see if it fits for you.
      Signature
      TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11529138].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MichaelQuinn
        Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

        If you're planning to do any affiliate marketing or get involved in MMO, stay away from MailChimp. That's against their TOS.

        Other than that, look for an autoresponder that offers a free trial period so you can test the service and see if it fits for you.
        Awesome thank you, I would not have known that! I was originally considering Aweber, and Affiliate Marketing and MMO is exactly what I want to do lol, so would Aweber be a better option?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11529149].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
          Originally Posted by MichaelQuinn View Post

          Awesome thank you, I would not have known that! I was originally considering Aweber, and Affiliate Marketing and MMO is exactly what I want to do lol, so would Aweber be a better option?
          Aweber has been around for years and many marketers recommend it. Whether it's right for your business depends on what you want from it and how fast you intend to grow. All I'll add is that if email marketing is part of your long-term strategy, choosing an autoresponder service that will be able to cope with your intended growth should be a major consideration. Although it's possible to do, transferring your email database to another company down the line is a PITA.

          Other than that, you'll find plenty of threads on autoreponders if you do a forum search as this is a perennial topic.
          Signature
          TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11529154].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MichaelQuinn
            Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

            Aweber has been around for years and many marketers recommend it. Whether it's right for your business depends on what you want from it and how fast you intend to grow. All I'll add is that if email marketing is part of your long-term strategy, choosing an autoresponder service that will be able to cope with your intended growth should be a major consideration. Although it's possible to do, transferring your email database to another company down the line is a PITA.

            Other than that, you'll find plenty of threads on autoreponders if you do a forum search as this is a perennial topic.
            Thank you Frank. I think I'll give it a try and see if it's going to be a good fit. I appreciate the advice about considering what I want to do with it long term, I was really only thinking in the short term at the moment about figuring out how to use it. I appreciate your response.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11529156].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ads Asd
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11529581].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dborg9
    Mailerlite may be another one to have a look at
    Signature
    Are you Open to taking a look at a New Marketing System that generates sign-ups daily!
    Click Here for Free Look Around
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11529148].message }}
  • Well I often sit here in the Email Marketing forum and find out that people are looking for alternatives. But you have to specify what are you trying to accomplish and details about your list.
    I can suggest our service but without details, asking people in here would be like typing in google "Mailchimp alternatives" and getting the same results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11529856].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KrisKay
    Honestly I have been using MarketHero and once you learn how to use it, I doubt you'd want to use anything else.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11529979].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mohammed Faiz
    If you are using wordpress, mailpoet is the best
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11531256].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dealwebsites
    I use MailPoet for a while bro Ill advice it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11532220].message }}
  • I've used Aweber for several years. They are alright, but are a little expensive. I recently started using Sendgrid. So far I like them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11532924].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MichaelQuinn
    I'm learning how to use GetResponse currently and they have a free 30 day trial so that's cool.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11533132].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author williammar237
    MailPoet is the best tool. I have been using MailPoet and once you know how to use it, then you are not used any other tool.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11533194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Umangpharma
    For me and my company, Mailchimp is the best tool for Email Marketing until now.

    Because it provides
    Email,
    Ad,
    Landing Page,
    Automated Email,
    Postcard,
    Social Post,
    Signup form
    This all is of great importance for email marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11534302].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agmccall
      Originally Posted by Umangpharma View Post

      For me and my company, Mailchimp is the best tool for Email Marketing until now.

      Because it provides
      Email,
      Ad,
      Landing Page,
      Automated Email,
      Postcard,
      Social Post,
      Signup form
      This all is of great importance for email marketing.
      Good autoresponders also provide those things

      al
      Signature

      Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
      ~Jack Handey~

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11534781].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
    Since they don't allow affiliate marketing I've never used them other than I set up a free account out of curiosity to test their deliverability.

    I do know someone that had a 500K+ list with mailchimp and they moved over to activecampaign.com not long ago.
    Signature
    How to Build LARGE EMAIL LISTS on a Budget and MONETIZE Like a PRO
    18 Years Exp . . . . . . . . . . . . Email - CPA - PPL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11534866].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MichaelQuinn
      Originally Posted by DIABL0 View Post

      Since they don't allow affiliate marketing I've never used them other than I set up a free account out of curiosity to test their deliverability.

      I do know someone that had a 500K+ list with mailchimp and they moved over to activecampaign.com not long ago.
      I downloaded your free report today Roger, I'm looking forward to reading and learning about what it is that you do, I've read several of your posts and find them pretty interesting. I really like the idea of working with CPL offers instead of promoting affiliate products, can't wait to learn more.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11535048].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics