Which is the Best Web Hosting Site, Landing Page Builder, Autoresponder, & Shopping Cart out there?

13 replies
Hi there guys,

I was studying lately on how to set up my own business mechanism online.

I would like to ask, based from your experience or from what gurus say, what are the best Online Software Services out there for the following:

Web Hosting -- People are telling me that Blue Host is good, but some are saying that WP Engine is better. What do you think guys? Also do you have other suggestions on other Web Hosting services that you've experienced already? What are your reviews of them?

Landing Page Builder -- with this service two names pops up first to me OptimizePress and Lead Pages.. However, I don't know which is the best. Or are there other services that in your opinion is better or will compete reasonably with those two? What are their pros and cons?

Autoresponder -- I know there are a lot of services out there that are good. What comes up on the top of my list are Aweber, Infusionsoft and Mailchimp.. However, they said that Infusionsoft is hard to understand while Mailchimp is easy to operate and cheap as well. However, I'm also aware that a lot of people uses Infusionsoft. What are the advantages and disadvantages of these Software Services? How about the other ones? To be honest, based on my research, Mailchimp is winning. But I'm writing this query to know based on your honest opinion is the best based on your years of experience in online marketing.


Shopping Cart -- About Shopping Cart... This one is still confusing to me.. I've read good reviews for Samcart, but what do you think? Are there other Shopping Cart services option out there that are also good, if not, better? What do you use?

Merchant Account -- and the last one, the Merchant account... What is the best Merchant Account out there? There is Powerpay and Stripe and also Infusionsoft.. Which is more cheap and convenient to use among them?


Your wisdom from the years of doing IM and your honest opinions about this stuff is really a valuable resource not only to me but also to others who want to start their own Business Online.. That's why I really highly appreciate it. I would love to hear your thoughts about this. And thank you for your time and wisdom.

To our success! Cheers!
#autoresponder #builder #cart #hosting #landing #merchant account #page #shopping #site #web
  • Profile picture of the author zcrafts
    Hello,

    For Web Hosting , I would avoid EIG, you can better try Webhost UK
    or Rshosting even WPengine is good.

    For Landing Page Builder Weebly or ipages is good.Auto responder : Mailchimp

    Shoppingcart : Magento , Shopify, WooCommerce

    Merchant Account : Paypal , stripe are good.
    Signature

    DealDomains.Net | Design your Dreams
    List of Quality Top 5 Web hosting Providers | Just to help you when you need them :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10815408].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gliridian
      Originally Posted by zcrafts View Post

      Hello,

      For Web Hosting , I would avoid EIG, you can better try Webhost UK
      or Rshosting even WPengine is good.

      For Landing Page Builder Weebly or ipages is good.Auto responder : Mailchimp

      Shoppingcart : Magento , Shopify, WooCommerce

      Merchant Account : Paypal , stripe are good.
      They said that Bluehost is ok. Actually, I'm currently rooting for Bluehost. But Bluehost is from EIG... Why did you say that I should avoid EIG?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10816611].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
    Web hosting: http://bigscoots.com
    Page Builders: WP Profit Builder or http://thrivethemes.com
    Shopping: WooCommerce
    Merchant: Stripe, PayPal

    Autoresponder: GetResponse, Rapid Mailer http://imscrapidmailer.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10816004].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wrcato2
    It depends on the type of business you are setting up.
    Web Hosting: I can tell you from experience that Blue host is great. Fast customer service, 24 hour tech support. Very little down times. But, every year they raise there prices.

    Landing pages are generally for getting subscribers on a list. You can do this free using an html template.

    If you are wanting an affiliate army to help sell your products I would use clickbank, JVZOO, or Warrior+.
    2Check out is also a good processor.

    Like I said it depends on what you are selling.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10816024].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gliridian
      Originally Posted by wrcato2 View Post

      It depends on the type of business you are setting up.
      Web Hosting: I can tell you from experience that Blue host is great. Fast customer service, 24 hour tech support. Very little down times. But, every year they raise there prices.

      Landing pages are generally for getting subscribers on a list. You can do this free using an html template.

      If you are wanting an affiliate army to help sell your products I would use clickbank, JVZOO, or Warrior+.
      2Check out is also a good processor.

      Like I said it depends on what you are selling.
      Hi wrcato,

      I have a Language Tutorial product.. But I just created the Front End Product, I still have to do the Flagship Course which still will take time to create... you know, for Upsell... I am thinking of making a Front End Subscription instead for the Upsell for my Front End while I'm still working on the Flagship Course...

      I was thinking of like a Blog type of website, where I can grow my list..

      So that's the type of product I'm working on right now.

      I'm really interested with this:

      Originally Posted by wrcato2 View Post

      Landing pages are generally for getting subscribers on a list. You can do this free using an html template.
      How can I do this? Do you recommend me doing this?

      Also I've heard horror stories from almost all kind of webhosting while I'm making my research. This is the reason why I'm quite confused which Services to take...

      I don't want to experience problems when I'm all set up because I know that it is not easy to set this up.

      Plus I'm on a tight budget. That's why I'm looking for the best Online Services out there for my budget.

      I know there will be hassles, and I am anticipating that, but of course as much as possible I want to avoid that..

      That's why I'm asking for help. And I thank you all for responding to this query.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10816617].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author srijonsarker
        Originally Posted by gliridian View Post

        Hi wrcato,

        I have a Language Tutorial product.. But I just created the Front End Product, I still have to do the Flagship Course which still will take time to create... you know, for Upsell... I am thinking of making a Front End Subscription instead for the Upsell for my Front End while I'm still working on the Flagship Course...

        I was thinking of like a Blog type of website, where I can grow my list..

        So that's the type of product I'm working on right now.

        I'm really interested with this:



        How can I do this? Do you recommend me doing this?

        Also I've heard horror stories from almost all kind of webhosting while I'm making my research. This is the reason why I'm quite confused which Services to take...

        I don't want to experience problems when I'm all set up because I know that it is not easy to set this up.

        Plus I'm on a tight budget. That's why I'm looking for the best Online Services out there for my budget.

        I know there will be hassles, and I am anticipating that, but of course as much as possible I want to avoid that..

        That's why I'm asking for help. And I thank you all for responding to this query.
        You would find a lot of HTML free templates by searching google. However you needs to edit it so if you not know code much better don't use it. My recommendation would be Thrive Theme. Because they have lot of additional things with there themes. With optimizepress your page would load slower then as other sites. With Thrive You would have a lot of templates and they have fairly easy system for any person. So In my experience and recommendation here would be good list for me.

        Web Hosting: Bluehost
        Landing Page Builder: As Mentioned You would have Course So Definitely Thrive Theme Or Optimizepress.
        Autoresponder: Getresponse.
        Shopping Cart: Samcart
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10816626].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
    Because when they take over, the host's support goes in the toilet. Don't go cheap on your hosting. It is not worth it. It is the foundation of your whole business, so you want to have a reputable host.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10816614].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gliridian
      Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post

      Because when they take over, the host's support goes in the toilet. Don't go cheap on your hosting. It is not worth it. It is the foundation of your whole business, so you want to have a reputable host.
      Hi cypherslock, are you talking about Bluehost here?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10816619].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author zcrafts
        Originally Posted by gliridian View Post

        Hi cypherslock, are you talking about Bluehost here?
        Yes he is talking about Bluehost.
        Signature

        DealDomains.Net | Design your Dreams
        List of Quality Top 5 Web hosting Providers | Just to help you when you need them :)

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10816774].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gliridian
    So far this are on the top of my list:

    Web Hosting: Bluehost

    Landing Page Builder: At first Leadpages, then now I'm not sure anymore...

    Autoresponder: Mailchimp

    Shopping Cart: I'm not sure yet... WooCommerce seems good...

    Merchant Account: I'm not sure with this one yet...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10816621].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gatorjack
    Web Hosting - I've been using DownTownHost for several years. For those years I've had shared hosting with no major issues. On my shared hosting account I've used Joomla and WordPress. About a year or so ago, I also signed up for an unmanaged VPS account. Thus far, no issues on the VPS account.

    As for WPEngine, I personally consider it an overpriced service. Their accounts start at $29/month. They're $29, $99, and $249/month. All of those accounts are on a shared hosting environment. If one wants dedicated, their two dedicated plan rates aren't published. You have to call them.

    I consider WPEngine to be overpriced as I've secured my websites nicely using free and commercial WordPress solutions. Free is Wordfence. Commercial is iThemes Security Pro. I've also hardened my VPS. To help with potential DoS and DDoS attacks, my plugins can help but I also use the free CloudFlare account.

    As for SSL, one can get a free SSL from CloudFlare to have end-to-end encryption. If you only use the CloudFlare DNS then it will secure from customer to CloudFlare but from CloudFlare to your website isn't secured. That's where an SSL comes in. SSL will secure from customer to CloudFlare and CloudFlare to website and vice versa.

    Landing Page Builder - For landing pages I use InstaBuilder.

    Autoresponder - I use GetResponse. I'd stay clear of MailChimp. I consider them to have way too many rules. Including, but not limited to, are rules against Affiliate Marketing. I don't consider MailChimp to be very good for Internet Marketers.

    Shopping Cart - This can be tough to answer. The right shopping cart will depend upon what you plan on selling as well as how you will be selling your products/services. Personally, I sell digital products and access to member content (i.e. membership site). For me, I use JVZoo for digital products. Of which, you need a PayPal account for JVZoo.

    Merchant Account - I use PayPal as that's what works with JVZoo. I have a business PayPal account. If you're going to use a merchant account that's not all that popular, then you'll want to ensure that the shopping cart or ecommerce system you use can work with the merchant account. Sure, many merchant accounts and shopping carts have APIs, however, the issue is whether the merchant account and shopping cart you want to use can already communicate with each other. If not, then a plugin or extension will need to be developed to allow this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10816707].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jesus Perez
    Web Hosting -- Cloudways, WiredTree, LiquidWeb, Siteground

    Landing Page Builder -- For WordPress, Thrive Content Builder. For HTML, LeadPages.

    Autoresponder -- GetResponse. I've been with them since 2009 with no problems.

    Shopping Cart -- Nanacast if you're an intermediate marketer that needs membership hosting, 1 click upsells, a great API (works with Zapier) and payment processing. Zaxaa if you're new and need something free.

    Merchant Account -- Infusionsoft isn't a merchant account. For Merchant Accounts, Stripe is a great choice that doesn't require a minimum $50/mth fee like Powerpay. If you're already processing thousands per month, look at FirstData and PaymentTech, they're the biggest and cheapest providers out there if you have a good transaction history.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10827980].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
    Price is the LAST thing you should consider with hosting. I've seen way too many folks screw it up because they wanted cheap instead of quality/scalable.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10828123].message }}

Trending Topics