Best practices for sitelink asset extensions
Sitelink assets are versatile – you can do almost anything with them if you think through your strategy. You can also use sitelinks to, for example, promote low search volume themes or maximise hot sellers.
And that's only the beginning! Sitelink assets are capable of practically everything.
Here are some of the best practices for using sitelink assets extensions
- Use clear and concise headlines: Your sitelink headlines should be brief and easy to understand. They should clearly describe the content or action being linked to.
- Be specific: Use specific keywords and phrases in your headlines to help users understand what they can expect from the linked page.
- Make sure the links are relevant: The linked pages should be relevant to the main ad and provide additional information or value to the user.
- Use descriptive descriptions: The sitelink descriptions should provide more information about the linked page and help users make informed decisions.
- Test different sitelinks: Try different sitelinks and monitor their performance to see which ones are most effective.
- Keep sitelinks up to date: Regularly review and update your sitelinks to ensure that they remain relevant and useful to users.
- Take advantage of scheduling: You can schedule your sitelinks to appear at different times, or on different days of the week, to reach your target audience at the right time.
- Make sure your sitelinks are mobile-friendly: Make sure your sitelinks are optimized for mobile devices, as more and more users are accessing the internet on their smartphones.