after amazon affiliate

31 replies
Need some suggestion with one of my niche sites (20 pages). That niche site generates several hundreds dollar commission(peaked around one thousand once) through amazon program. One day my amaz account was banned due to my other niches sites under the program. I tried to re-instate it. no luck. Then, I tried skimlink or viglink. the commission was way way lower than (it did not even convert with one of those programs; I was very surprised) directly through amazon affiliate. I thought about ad sense and CJ. Any other suggestions and ideas? Thank you.
#affiliate #amazon
  • Profile picture of the author megaboycn
    any suggestions? Appreciate it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10070934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Houlian
    I would definitely give commission junction a try. If not, maybe you can convert the site to use Adsense or some other easy-to-implement form of monetization?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10071116].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author megaboycn
      Thank you for the suggestion. I only found one advertiser from commission junction that fits the need. But, I will give it a try.

      It is such a pain to lose amazon aff account. I accidentally violates the TOS with one of my websites. I fixed it right after amazon's email but still did not get the account re-instate. It is like one strike out...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10071269].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author seeqer
        Originally Posted by megaboycn View Post

        Thank you for the suggestion. I only found one advertiser from commission junction that fits the need. But, I will give it a try.

        It is such a pain to lose amazon aff account. I accidentally violates the TOS with one of my websites. I fixed it right after amazon's email but still did not get the account re-instate. It is like one strike out...
        What was the mistake?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10071343].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author megaboycn
          I hard-coded the old price in the anchor text with a few links and then forgot about it... It may cause confusion.

          Originally Posted by seeqer View Post

          What was the mistake?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10071367].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author agmccall
            Originally Posted by megaboycn View Post

            I hard-coded the old price in the anchor text with a few links and then forgot about it... It may cause confusion.
            If this was the only mistake then there should be no problem getting re-instated. Did you appeal

            al
            Signature

            "If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time" ~Steve Jobs~

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10120446].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author megaboycn
              I did. no luck on that.


              Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

              If this was the only mistake then there should be no problem getting re-instated. Did you appeal

              al
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10122366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JRyckman
    if your a Canadian can you still have a American amazon account
    Signature
    Moderator's Notes: Please be reminded that you're only allowed to put links of your own products/domain/services in your signature.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10071333].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author megaboycn
      if you are Canadian but live and work in US, you have two chances? wander if it also works the other way around. A US person lives in Canada...

      Originally Posted by JRyckman View Post

      if your a Canadian can you still have a American amazon account
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10071365].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SnackMemory
    I find ebay partner network to be comparable to amazon affiliate,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10071408].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author megaboycn
      I thought about. but never tried. how's your experience with ebay partner network? I heard that amazon's better since it also counts other products people buy with the link product.

      Originally Posted by SnackMemory View Post

      I find ebay partner network to be comparable to amazon affiliate,
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10071780].message }}
  • Test information products...

    Clickbank, JVZoo ?

    Signature

    [CENTER][B]==> Do you want to make money online? [/B]
    Free video: How regular people are making 6-figures per month on the internet! [URL="http://www.clkmg.com/fc27/UDCL-IN2WF"][B]Watch this free video now![/B][/URL] <==[/CENTER]

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10071986].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author megaboycn
      May not directly apply to this website. But, I did not know JVZoo before. Appreciate the info.

      Originally Posted by selfdisciplineacademy View Post

      Test information products...

      Clickbank, JVZoo ?

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10072914].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stevie C
    Have you thought about flipping the site and then investing the cash in a new site that you can find affiliate programs in?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10072732].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author megaboycn
      This a possibility. As far as I know, for a normal site, it can sell for multiple of the site revenue. But, in this particular case, assume that buyer only knows how to monetize through amazon aff (just like me), will swap the aff id be enough? Not very sure.

      Originally Posted by Stevie C View Post

      Have you thought about flipping the site and then investing the cash in a new site that you can find affiliate programs in?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10072928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aprilaraceli
    Originally Posted by megaboycn View Post

    Need some suggestion with one of my niche sites (20 pages). That niche site generates several hundreds dollar commission(peaked around one thousand once) through amazon program. One day my amaz account was banned due to my other niches sites under the program. I tried to re-instate it. no luck. Then, I tried skimlink or viglink. the commission was way way lower than (it did not even convert with one of those programs; I was very surprised) directly through amazon affiliate. I thought about ad sense and CJ. Any other suggestions and ideas? Thank you.
    Very sad. We should not break the rules & regulations of the site, where I have to work. I am sure, you have broken the Rules & regulations of the AMAZON, Thats why the authority of the sites, banned you. Always be true. Work hard & continue your efforts, of course you will be reach to your destination. Best of luck.
    Signature
    Best of luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10072951].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author megaboycn
      Yes, it is kind of painful for me. Lesson learned here. I should go through TOS carefully instead of just clicking yes. Having said that, with google search I found a few other people had similar experience. Lost their amazon aff accounts with just one innocent mistake. No pre-warning whats so ever. People will always make mistake... It could be good though. Now, I open my eyes trying to look for various ways to monetize instead of just relying on one thing.

      Originally Posted by aprilaraceli View Post

      Very sad. We should not break the rules & regulations of the site, where I have to work. I am sure, you have broken the Rules & regulations of the AMAZON, Thats why the authority of the sites, banned you. Always be true. Work hard & continue your efforts, of course you will be reach to your destination. Best of luck.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10073910].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mawze
    Here a good tip that may help. When amazon stopped their commission service in North Carolina, I found myself scrabbling for an alternative. I live one state away so that was a hugh threat to my livelihood.

    I find that the manufacturer sometimes have affiliate program and they usually pay higher commissions than amazon. You develop a relationship directly with the creator. One of my sites at the time, making around $5k/m at the time, I decided to sell directly from my site. Because I had a relationship they became a drop shipper for me. My margins increased by 9% just by becoming a merchant.

    There are some cons to consider the main one being. Amazon allows you to sell in a numbers of countries at once. The manufacturers I have dealt with so for only allow you to sell in 1 because of tax code, regulations etc of other countries.

    So there you have it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10073482].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author megaboycn
      Thank you for the advise. I heard people made a serious money with drop ship. But, I also heard that the customer return is not very pleasant to deal with. Not sure about your experience.

      Originally Posted by mawze View Post

      Here a good tip that may help. When amazon stopped their commission service in North Carolina, I found myself scrabbling for an alternative. I live one state away so that was a hugh threat to my livelihood.

      I find that the manufacturer sometimes have affiliate program and they usually pay higher commissions than amazon. You develop a relationship directly with the creator. One of my sites at the time, making around $5k/m at the time, I decided to sell directly from my site. Because I had a relationship they became a drop shipper for me. My margins increased by 9% just by becoming a merchant.

      There are some cons to consider the main one being. Amazon allows you to sell in a numbers of countries at once. The manufacturers I have dealt with so for only allow you to sell in 1 because of tax code, regulations etc of other countries.

      So there you have it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10073916].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mawze
    My return rate is actually very low. My customer are highly targeted. But my point is, search Google for "product name" + "affiliate program" and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Like I said the manufacturers usually pay higher commission. And later when you feel comfortable, dropshipping is an additional options.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10074026].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author megaboycn
      Points taken. Appreciate the tip. Let me try out a few quick things and get back to this later on. I agree that manufacturer do give out higher commission. Dropshipping is one of the things on my checklist I will eventually try out since I heard from many different sources. It works very well.

      Originally Posted by mawze View Post

      My return rate is actually very low. My customer are highly targeted. But my point is, search Google for "product name" + "affiliate program" and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Like I said the manufacturers usually pay higher commission. And later when you feel comfortable, dropshipping is an additional options.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10076388].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author megaboycn
        To Robert999, TeslaSEO, jan roos,
        Most probably, this particular website is not the reason why i lost the account even though amazon was vague on its reason for ban. I am in the process of trying this out.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10076393].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TeslaSEO
    Talk to a friend , give him 25 $ /month and have his amazon account.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10074295].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jan roos
      What I would do is to start a new site and apply or a new amazon account with that site and a different name, email address and mailing address.

      Once the account is open I would link the old site to it.

      It could work.

      Cheers
      Signature

      I'll teach you how to make money like a Mamba.

      Sign up for the free money mambas newsletter!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10075071].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert999
    Originally Posted by megaboycn View Post

    Need some suggestion with one of my niche sites (20 pages). That niche site generates several hundreds dollar commission(peaked around one thousand once) through amazon program. One day my amaz account was banned due to my other niches sites under the program. I tried to re-instate it. no luck. Then, I tried skimlink or viglink. the commission was way way lower than (it did not even convert with one of those programs; I was very surprised) directly through amazon affiliate. I thought about ad sense and CJ. Any other suggestions and ideas? Thank you.
    If your website is not banned on Amazon, then you can try by using your website again with your friend's Amazon account. Or try to make a new account with the name of your spouse or other family member. See if they approve your account or not. I think that there are 70% chances that your new account will be approved.

    Try it today :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10075745].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael S M
    I can deeply recommend shareasale.com as well. Like CJ, they've got heaps and heaps of programs to promote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10076397].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author megaboycn
      I agree with this.

      Originally Posted by Michael S M View Post

      I can deeply recommend shareasale.com as well. Like CJ, they've got heaps and heaps of programs to promote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10076825].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author megaboycn
    a potentially stupid question here. Can I put mix-matched affiliate links (from different networks such as amazon, cj, viglink and etc) on the same page? I was looking through some of publisher agreements. Nothing against that(not sure though). Is this bad practice? these affiliate network are essentially competing with each other. Is it recommended to just build relationship with them one at a time. All, I just think too much.

    Why I am interested in this? I did some more research about the products of my website. I found cj and shareasale have a few programs that suit this website even though the pricing of products from those websites are just worse than the products from amazon. I have my concern about the conversion rate. But, I do not want to assume and may need to test things out. Appreciate the feedback in advance.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10076831].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael S M
      Originally Posted by megaboycn View Post

      a potentially stupid question here. Can I put mix-matched affiliate links (from different networks such as amazon, cj, viglink and etc) on the same page?
      Absolutely! Usually it's the ad networks who are a bit picky about whether you mix other ads with theirs.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10076868].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sirS
    Have you ever checked Aliexpress Affiliate? Aliexpress is a worldwide marketplace like Amazon. The most powerful plugin for AliExpress affiliates is AliPlugin. It allows you adding thousands of AliExpress products to WordPress website quickly and easily. The Plugin will put your affiliate ID in all links back to AliExpress, so you get commission for all sales reffered to AliExpress.com. It pays up to 50% commission. If you want to know how to make money with Aliexpress i recommend that you follow a guide (from Alipartnership). You will find step-by-step starting instructions for newbies and tips and tricks from successful affiliates there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10119883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarketingTools
    Hey guys - I started my Gaming Blog site about 1 month ago and even though I believe I have great content I am not getting hardly any traffic. Any suggestions?

    Here is my site: KillerncGaming | Gaming News Fast!!

    Any advice will be appreciated as I am new to all of this and this is my first site. Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10120528].message }}

Trending Topics