Linkedin & marketing - PROBLEM!

11 replies
I have been following some linkedin marketing strategies as follows:

Created a good profile, not spammy, connected and over 4 weeks posted relevant comments and now I have posted a guide that is downloaded free on Linkedin (not our website), but now when we go into the groups we posted relevant content - our comments are under review/approval as some idiot/competitor has marked them as spam or non relevant when they ARE 100% relevant and non promotional.

Any ideas on a work around?? Apart from tying to find the SOB and ripping their heart out.
#linkedin #marketing #problem
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    I gave up on LI 2 years ago. It turned into a spamfest overloaded with fake profiles and really bad InMail marketing...I still receive the same lousy message from 17 people INCLUDING people I know from this forum!! Those folks should be embarrassed they're still following the herd and shiny objects.

    ...at least those profiles aren't fake.

    Your problem is just like what happened on Craigslist.

    Try taking it up with the group owner.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10307167].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author professorrosado
      Another victim to the WSO.

      Too many people copying the same strategies and killing a platform intended to connect professionals. The IM community at large is not doing any good for your businesses for the long-term. It is just quick money or the hopes of it that drives this monster.

      More as the puss oozes.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10307400].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DexterGallagher
        I AM A PROFESSIONAL!

        Originally Posted by professorrosado View Post

        Another victim to the WSO.

        Too many people copying the same strategies and killing a platform intended to connect professionals. The IM community at large is not doing any good for your businesses for the long-term. It is just quick money or the hopes of it that drives this monster.

        More as the puss oozes.
        Signature

        We offer mobile optimized websites at http://mobilewebsitecreationltd.co.uk/

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10308605].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DexterGallagher
      Thank you Jason, for your input.



      Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

      I gave up on LI 2 years ago. It turned into a spamfest overloaded with fake profiles and really bad InMail marketing...I still receive the same lousy message from 17 people INCLUDING people I know from this forum!! Those folks should be embarrassed they're still following the herd and shiny objects.

      ...at least those profiles aren't fake.

      Your problem is just like what happened on Craigslist.

      Try taking it up with the group owner.
      Signature

      We offer mobile optimized websites at http://mobilewebsitecreationltd.co.uk/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10308608].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onSubie
    You are making posts in order to gain attention and traffic to push a free ebook. Therefore your posts are 100% promotional.

    It doesn't matter if Kellogg's gives great morning exercise tips in their commercial. It's still a commercial.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10307433].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DexterGallagher
      Wrong on so many levels!

      I have beed ANSWERING marketing questions by business owners and CONTRIBUTING! Some you Yanks call Adding value LOL!

      I then wrote an article ON LINKEDIN in ACCORDANCE with LINKEDIN's policies and they get the step by step guide to checking their website and why it's not ranking well. And posted RELEVENT posts in the Groups.

      So you don't have a good reading level onSubie? As it was asking for a work around AND NOT critism!

      I guess the WF has changed massively in the past months with so many wannabees on here, guess I just MOVE ON!

      Originally Posted by onSubie View Post

      You are making posts in order to gain attention and traffic to push a free ebook. Therefore your posts are 100% promotional.

      It doesn't matter if Kellogg's gives great morning exercise tips in their commercial. It's still a commercial.
      Signature

      We offer mobile optimized websites at http://mobilewebsitecreationltd.co.uk/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10308602].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brettb
    LinkedIn is great if you're a REAL professional. But bear in mind your average LinkedIn user is pretty smart and can spot spam a mile off. I'm forever reporting people who make touch with me who don't know me and don't do anything I'd be interested in.

    You can still do well marketing on there. One of my contacts owns a restaurant and he posts some very impressive and insightful articles about the catering business.
    Signature
    ÖŽ FindABlog: Find blogs to comment on, guest posting opportunities and more ÖŽ




    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10311016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thewrighttouch
    I read your query and i have also faced this kind of issue. after i analyzed , linkedin is very professional and sensitive site .If LinkedIn seen user sent many group request,many friend follower ,and any kind of spam thing in LinkedIn profile .linkedin suspend your account
    Signature
    The Wright touch Event & Digital Marketing Firm in Houston,TX.We organize all the Corporate and Live Event Show for Client. Call us-: 713-664 7582 for corporate event, live event planning and Event Staffing and Management .Hire Now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10311236].message }}

Trending Topics