Delivering Clickbank Product - Need Help From Vendor

18 replies
So, for my free product I give for signing up to my e-mail list I deliver it by having it uploaded to wordpress and I have a download page that's mysite.com/(randomnumbers) and when people get there and click download the ebook just opens up in the browser, or they can right click save link as to actually download it which is a bit tacky to me for something someone is paying a lot of money for.

Any vendors know a better way to deliver a product? It'll basically be an ebook with 2 more as bonuses all together in a zip folder and I just don't know how to deliver it, can anyone help me out?

Also, i don't want people to just be able to go to mysite.com/(randomnumbers) and get my product for free.

Anyone have any advice for me?

There's hoards of information everywhere on every part of having an online business except for product delivery, there's almost no info out there on it.

Am I over thinking, is there something I'm not seeing?

How do you guys deliver your clickbank products?

Please help me out!
#clickbank #delivering #product #vendor
  • Profile picture of the author alliance
    There are two options, free & paid. Free option is wordpress plugin: easy digital downloads. Paid option: Optimizepress with their membership plugin.

    If you're just starting, the free option will work fine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10527000].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
      Ideally you want to set this up in a secure membership area - and upon someone ordering your product have them automatically added to your autoresponder.

      This is legal in that you will be providing support for the product - so no need to make them confirm being added to a list - but make sure they are aware they will be added to a list.

      As to how to set this up properly in clickbank, you'll probably want to start reading things like this:

      https://help.aweber.com/hc/en-us/art...k-With-AWeber-
      Signature

      "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10527138].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author [Justin]
        Originally Posted by Jill Carpenter View Post

        Ideally you want to set this up in a secure membership area - and upon someone ordering your product have them automatically added to your autoresponder.

        This is legal in that you will be providing support for the product - so no need to make them confirm being added to a list - but make sure they are aware they will be added to a list.

        As to how to set this up properly in clickbank, you'll probably want to start reading things like this:

        https://help.aweber.com/hc/en-us/art...k-With-AWeber-
        Thanks, I know that would be great and add a lot to my list but I'm so new to having a website and stuff I just want to go the easiest possible route. My next product will most likely be a membership site and then I will have more experience to comfortably use your idea with my current product.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10528217].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author reachintan
        This is a right method to go about. Try it out and see for yourself.

        Aweber & Get Response are world's two best autoresponders to automize everything.


        Regards,
        Chintan


        Originally Posted by Jill Carpenter View Post

        Ideally you want to set this up in a secure membership area - and upon someone ordering your product have them automatically added to your autoresponder.

        This is legal in that you will be providing support for the product - so no need to make them confirm being added to a list - but make sure they are aware they will be added to a list.

        As to how to set this up properly in clickbank, you'll probably want to start reading things like this:

        https://help.aweber.com/hc/en-us/art...k-With-AWeber-
        Signature

        Chintan Mehta

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10531248].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author [Justin]
      Originally Posted by alliance View Post

      There are two options, free & paid. Free option is wordpress plugin: easy digital downloads. Paid option: Optimizepress with their membership plugin.

      If you're just starting, the free option will work fine.
      Thanks I'll have to check out easy digital downloads
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10528210].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mattdawg841
    I wouldn't worry about people getting to your page….with the website being whatever/nubers, not many people are probably going to be figuring what those numbers are. I've personally never had a problem with that and haven't heard of anyone else either….

    But the safest way would be to what has already been recommended…by doing a membership type of thing

    I hope that helps and good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10527144].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      An easy software solution that I've been recommending for years to all my Clickbank clients, JV partners, and marketing associates is easyClickGuard.com. It not only protects your download page, it also automates the collection of customer contact information and product delivery. There are plugins for the major commercial autoresponders.

      And although I am not a Clickbank vendor, I would also recommend easyClickMate.com for managing your Clickbank affiliates. It works seamlessly along with easyClickGuard and together these two power tools can unlock the full potential of Clickbank.

      Note: The above are not affiliate links.
      Signature
      “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10527184].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author [Justin]
        Originally Posted by myob View Post

        An easy software solution that I've been recommending for years to all my Clickbank clients, JV partners, and marketing associates is easyClickGuard.com. It not only protects your download page, it also automates the collection of customer contact information and product delivery. There are plugins for the major commercial autoresponders.

        And although I am not a Clickbank vendor, I would also recommend easyClickMate.com for managing your Clickbank affiliates. It works seamlessly along with easyClickGuard and together these two power tools can unlock the full potential of Clickbank.

        Note: The above are not affiliate links.
        This is a little above my head but thank you I'm going to save this post into a word doc.

        I found out last night that Clickbank will deliver a pdf but only one so I have to deliver my bonuses on my own, and I'm okay with delivering my bonuses the same way I deliver my free gift to people who join my list. The Clickbank article I read though was 2013 so I hope they still do deliver PDF's.

        The way I deliver my free product now you have to right click save as on the download button or else it automatically opens up in the web browser, and that's fine for me for bonuses and free stuff, but I'm going to charge 67 bucks and that's kind of tacky to me to deliver something like that with a 67 dollar price tag.

        If Clickbank still will deliver a pdf then SWEET!

        I'll get myself all set up and then move onto the ideas I got here.

        Thank you all!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10528225].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
          Originally Posted by [Justin] View Post

          I found out last night that Clickbank will deliver a pdf but only one so I have to deliver my bonuses on my own, and I'm okay with delivering my bonuses the same way I deliver my free gift to people who join my list. The Clickbank article I read though was 2013 so I hope they still do deliver PDF's.

          The way I deliver my free product now you have to right click save as on the download button or else it automatically opens up in the web browser, and that's fine for me for bonuses and free stuff, but I'm going to charge 67 bucks and that's kind of tacky to me to deliver something like that with a 67 dollar price tag.

          If Clickbank still will deliver a pdf then SWEET!
          CB will send an email. The customer clicks the link in the email. Guess what happens then? They will get the option to open in their PDF reader or save the file or open it in a browser depending on their Windows (or other operating system) setup.

          The CB setup won't solve the "tacky" part you don't like.

          How do you want it delivered? This open in web browser or click to download or open in a PDF reader are standard options for PDF files.

          Mark
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10528531].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author [Justin]
            Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

            CB will send an email. The customer clicks the link in the email. Guess what happens then? They will get the option to open in their PDF reader or save the file or open it in a browser depending on their Windows (or other operating system) setup.

            The CB setup won't solve the "tacky" part you don't like.

            How do you want it delivered? This open in web browser or click to download or open in a PDF reader are standard options for PDF files.

            Mark
            Oh dang.

            I wanted it to not open in the browser at all and I wanted it to just download when they click download.

            The best way for me would be to have all 3 pdf's in a zip folder and have it so when people click download it just downloads.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10529766].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author [Justin]
              I just got an e-mail back from Clickbank. Well, I got it yesterday but I just read it now.

              They pretty much as politely as possible said it would be very stupid to deliver my main product through them and then the bonuses through my own thank you / download page lol.

              I'm not fully done with everything yet but once I am I'll check out Easy Digital Downloads, it will be super cool if I can zip everything in a zip folder and deliver that, or just everything in one folder I don't know if zip or not matters.

              If I can have everything in one folder and have it so when people click download it actually downloads instead of opening in the browser, that will be AWESOME!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10529779].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author christina9
    easy digital downloads.is the best free option.
    I hope everything works out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10528345].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rjd1265
    just keep what you are doing with the random numbers and de-index your page.

    No way anyone will guess the random numbers and Google wont index it so it cant be found by doing a search.

    Also note that Clickbank now can host your download for you, although I opt to do it myself. I like controll
    Signature
    You Are A Snowflake
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10529848].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author [Justin]
      Originally Posted by rjd1265 View Post

      just keep what you are doing with the random numbers and de-index your page.

      No way anyone will guess the random numbers and Google wont index it so it cant be found by doing a search.

      Also note that Clickbank now can host your download for you, although I opt to do it myself. I like controll
      Do you do it the way I was saying mysite.com/randomnumbers?

      Also, if I'm delivering 3 pdf's, doing it that way will I have to have 3 download links?

      I really want everyone to get all 3 in one folder and have the folder download when they click download and nothing automatically open in the web browser...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530178].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FreedomBlogger
    I would say that the best way to deliver your digital products in a secure way, would be to put them inside a membership site.

    You can use Membership Plugins for WordPress and build a simple membership site. Then have your customers create their own account and have exclusive access.
    Signature
    At the beginning, I thought making money online with a blog was super super hard. Not anymore. Learn the art of making money online blogging - step by step - HERE.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10529894].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author [Justin]
      Originally Posted by FreedomBlogger View Post

      I would say that the best way to deliver your digital products in a secure way, would be to put them inside a membership site.

      You can use Membership Plugins for WordPress and build a simple membership site. Then have your customers create their own account and have exclusive access.
      I'm going to create a membership site for my next product.

      Right now it's a bit over my head and so I'm just going for simple.

      Once I'm comfy with having something with logins and stuff then I'll probably make it so you have to login to access my download page, but idk if that's really necessary because if someone was going to share the url to my download page, they'd just share their login info also.

      Really right now all I care about is all 3 pdf's being in one folder and people being able to download that folder.

      Lol, I already feel pretty overwhelmed I have no clue how I even figured out what I figured out so far but I can't even think about membership sites right now it will just overload me, though I'm sure it's much easier than I think in my head, that's usually how things work for me lol.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530192].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
        Originally Posted by [Justin] View Post

        Really right now all I care about is all 3 pdf's being in one folder and people being able to download that folder.
        I don't see what the problem is (unless I am misreading your requirement).

        ClickBank directs the customer to your Thank-you page.
        On that page you put a link to your zip file.

        .
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10530222].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author [Justin]
          Originally Posted by Harvey Segal View Post

          I don't see what the problem is (unless I am misreading your requirement).

          ClickBank directs the customer to your Thank-you page.
          On that page you put a link to your zip file.

          .
          I think I over think things.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10531032].message }}

Trending Topics