One very effective way of attracting traffic for free to your website is to be able to follow a few simple steps to rank your video in youtube. The advantage of video marketing is that you do not need to worry about creating a fancy video, creating new content or video creation. You can turn your report, slideshare, blog, or article into a video and you can outsource the production for as little as $5 on Odesk.com or Upwork.com.
That being said, here are a few simple steps you can follow to rank your video once it has been created:
1. Find primary and secondary keywords or phrases for your content - you can use a free keyword search tool like Google keyword planner for this.
2. Put your primary keywords in the title
3. Put your primary and secondary keywords or phrase in your description and tags
4. Create incoming links by using a combination of both social media incoming links and traditional incoming links from forum or blog commenting, articles, guest blogging etc.
5. Embed the video on your blog if you have one, in an article or in a press release.
6. Make it easy for your viewers to share your video by putting social media sharing buttons
7. Category choice - Last but not lease, select a category that is relevant to your video but try to choose one that has less competition so that you will have a better chance of being a "featured video" in your category (which leads to a ton of free traffic).
I am sure there are many more ways you can employ to optimize your video but i think these few steps can get you started...to driving traffic:- to your website, to build your list, to brand yourself and to products and services...