While working a 9-5 job years back I stumbled on selling t shirt slogans online and through hard-work and sheer luck I make a decent income every month that I would describe as passive.
The thing is, I have no control over the current model and while i'm grateful for the income, I am blown away by the amounts people running real online businesses are making.
Three years ago I started researching various other ways of making money online and got burnt out by the sheer volume of information available. It's only recently that I have decided to try again with a simple plan outlined below.
1) I plan to create an ebook that will teach people how to make a passive income selling t shirts online through sites like Cafepress, Zazzle and Spreadshirt.
2) I will create a squeeze page offering this E-book for free
3) I plan to advertise this E-book using facebook ads
4) I will further build my list offering other free E-books in my niche
5) I plan to start making money by offering affiliate products and up-sells
My question is that is this a doable plan? In what areas can I improve it. Should I offer the E-book for free? Is facebook ads a good way of marketing the book? Should I offer the whole e-book or a series of short courses? Should I use a squeeze page, blog or website?
Although I have been making money online for a while I consider myself a complete newbie in running a proper online business. Any advise is appreciated.