15 replies
First off, I made a blog which has a ton of affiliate amazon links and from what I heard is that I shouldn't really do that until 2-3 months because google ranks it down or something.

I wanted to ask if this is true or not and if it is then did I completely screw up or what?

Secondly what are top plugins you guys use? What themes do you guys recommend?
Here's few plugins I already have:
Google Analytics Dashboard for WP
Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPress
Yoast SEO
Regenerate Thumbnails
EWWWW Image optimizer
Wordfence Security
#blog #problem
  • Profile picture of the author vishwa
    First of all don't overload your blog with affiliate links. Creating quality content is very first step to grow your blog. After that generate some traffic to your blog. Drive traffic from organic sources. Don't add too many affiliate links as it will harm your site and that's why you are seeing drop in rankings.
    Signature

    Blogging Tips & Tricks @ https://blogwithvk.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10989714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fantasy Cloud
    Should I remove it?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10989715].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vishwa
      Originally Posted by Fantasy Cloud View Post

      Should I remove it?
      Yes, excessive links should be removed from your site. Alternatively you can write a review about the product and insert the affiliate link there. It will give you more sales and makes your blog more professional.
      Signature

      Blogging Tips & Tricks @ https://blogwithvk.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10989716].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AMSuccessProgram
        Originally Posted by vishwa View Post

        Yes, excessive links should be removed from your site. Alternatively you can write a review about the product and insert the affiliate link there. It will give you more sales and makes your blog more professional.
        Thank you for the idea..
        Signature
        Anthony Morrison the self-taught internet marketing guru.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10989792].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mdallen
    You can also have them opt in for updates and occasionally recommend one of your affiliate products. This through the e-mail communication will not be noticed by Google at all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10989721].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Julio
    You can cloak your affiliate links and is safer to use.
    Signature
    DominioNombres.com Marketplace!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10989730].message }}
  • Build quality content first, then when you get an audience and people start to trust you then you slowly implement affiliate stuff into your content as some kind of value that could help them.
    Signature
    Get Your Free Online Prosperity Starter Kit >>> NextStepFreedom.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10989794].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sirtiman
    I suggest you to focus on your affiliate sales, don't too much wasting time with SEO. Just get traffic where your buyers hangout and grow your social followers. Syndicate your content to targeted forums, blog related and upload more videos and promoting with offline using brochures, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10989810].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Originally Posted by sirtiman View Post

      I suggest you to focus on your affiliate sales, don't too much wasting time with SEO. Just get traffic where your buyers hangout and grow your social followers. Syndicate your content to targeted forums, blog related and upload more videos and promoting with offline using brochures, etc.
      ^This.

      Generally, it's far more effective to never include affiliate links in any of your posts, articles, or other marketing collateral.

      Focus on links which drive traffic directly to a separate landing page that feeds into a funnel system which promotes your affiliate products.

      [Note: It is against Amazon TOS to include direct affiliate links in email promotions.]
      Signature
      “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10990161].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RealEstateLawyer
    Hello,,,,,
    I have a tendency to think of the Costs as a website that works somewhat differently than many other MP3 sites. Lots of bloggers out there, more or less, put themselves in the mind-set of a journalist – seeking the designers of tomorrow and the cutting out while publishing up-to-the-minute information. If you’re looking for that, this is not always the best location
    Happy functioning
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10989823].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    Originally Posted by mdallen View Post

    You can also have them opt in for updates and occasionally recommend one of your affiliate products. This through the e-mail communication will not be noticed by Google at all.
    I was going to tell you that putting affiliate links in emails is against Amazon's TOS, but myob beat me to it.

    Originally Posted by RealEstateLawyer View Post

    Hello,,,,,
    I have a tendency to think of the Costs as a website that works somewhat differently than many other MP3 sites. Lots of bloggers out there, more or less, put themselves in the mind-set of a journalist seeking the designers of tomorrow and the cutting out while publishing up-to-the-minute information. If youre looking for that, this is not always the best location
    Happy functioning
    Which leads to a warning against using any kind of spinner to create content for search spiders. You end up with gibberish like this.

    Originally Posted by myob;10990161

    [B

    [Note: It is against Amazon TOS to include direct affiliate links in email promotions.][/B]
    Quoted again for emphasis...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10990182].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      John, why don't you just admit you don't get poetry?



      Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

      Hello,,,,,
      I have a tendency to think of the Costs as a website that works somewhat differently than many other MP3 sites. Lots of bloggers out there, more or less, put themselves in the mind-set of a journalist seeking the designers of tomorrow and the cutting out while publishing up-to-the-minute information. If youre looking for that, this is not always the best location



      Which leads to a warning against using any kind of spinner to create content for search spiders. You end up with gibberish like this.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10990410].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SSSJames
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10990437].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Hi FC,

    Remove some of those affiliate links. Give virtually all of your energies to creating some helpful for your readers.

    Comment on blogs related to your niche. Make friends with fellow bloggers. Share other blogger's content on social media.

    By helping your readers through creating posts and by making friends with bloggers from your niche you set the table make money through affiliate marketing or any stream for that matter.

    Plug in list looks solid to me

    Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph inspires you to be a successful blogger with his courses, 100 plus eBooks, audio books and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10991318].message }}

Trending Topics