This is your last chance to meet your goals whether they be personal or business. This is your last chance to get ready for a new and prosperous 2018.
Are you shutting down the next 40 days since it's the holidays and you think no one buys anything? No reason to get started on something so late in the year? Everyone is busy with Thanksgiving and Christmas so you might as well take it easy?
Or have you already achieved all the success you expected to achieve in 2017 so you can relax now?
Or are you going to choose to go big, take it big, do it big the next 40 days and make something better and do something better with your life and business?
For me, I'm satisfied with some of my successes in 2017 but there is still so much to do and so little time to do it in.
Maybe last January you told yourself this was going to finally be your year but now that it's almost over, you still aren't where you planned to be. Guess what? You can still do a TON over the next 40 days.
Maybe you were going to lose weight or work on fixing your marriage or relationships. Maybe you were finally going to get into social media marketing big time. Maybe you wanted to finish your ebook or your membership site. Maybe you wanted to make a certain amount of $ consistently every month.
No matter whether you did or didn't achieve those goals, there's still time to make things happen IF you start NOW.
For me, there are a couple personal issues I'm still struggling with. But, I've already set up a plan of action and have started making the changes I need to make.
Business wise, I had a launch that has been limping along from the get-go. I got focused on the wrong things - stuff that doesn't matter - even though I should know better. I'm already well on my way to making changes so that I don't leave 2017 with regrets.
I also have a new related site that will be launched before the end of 2017.
A few of the specific actions I am taking to make this right:
1. Going all out on social media with a focus on FB, Twitter, and LI. These are B2C products/services with a B2B twist which we won't get into here.
- Making sure the pages are optimized for conversion (email, $, and likes)
- Creating consistent messages that not only help people with the problems I can help solve but get them to want more
- Getting involved in groups related to my topic. Join the conversation that is already happening on social media. Share freely without expecting anything back. Build relationships with people that not only can help me but with people that need my help (and don't be stingy with the help I give)
- I've always been a simple one lead magnet type of guy but that's changing. I need and have identified at least 4 that I need now. Each is a splinter off of the paid content.
- The products I'm selling on these two sites really need more personal follow-ups (that are automated of course) instead of generic list content. For example, "Julie, how did you do on day 5? Is there anything you need more help understanding what was covered there?"
- I will have 4 tripwires to match the lead magnets all leading to the core product. The tripwires will be new. Then, I'm putting the finishing touches on an upsell to the core product - up till now I've had a 1-2 step funnel with the lead magnet and core product only.
- Since the limping site and the new site are related, I have some cross-selling possibilities. Andrew Hunter has a script where you can log on to multiple premium WP sites with one login. Once the new product is launched, I may use this plugin to have some sort of combo offer.
5. Expand my influence. I believe that it's extremely difficult for one person to build anything big and lasting alone. So, I'm gearing up for some massive outreach to both online and offline contacts. This won't actually start until January but it's important to finish the prep work during 2017. These folks will not only help sell but also will help share the content - do part of the work.
And, there's a bunch more that I'm planning on doing and am doing to make sure 2017 meets my expectations. The above list is just a sample of the full action plan.
What about you? What kind of massive action are you going to take? What kind of help do you need to turn 2017 around or to increase the success you have already achieved? Share your thoughts below.