Making My First CDs...Need Tech Help

by Steven Wagenheim 10 replies
Hi all:

I know how to make CDs. That's not the problem.

The problem is, years ago I had some software that could create the inserts
that went in the jewel cases and also the sticky labels that went right on the
CD itself. However, that software is long gone and I have no idea what it
was or where I got it from.

Can anybody recommend some good software that isn't too expensive that
can do this? It's not for IM. It's for other stuff.

Thanks.
#main internet marketing discussion forum #cdsneed #making #tech
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Neil Morgan
    Hello Steven

    I've seen CD labels in PC World (UK) that have the software in the pack.

    Cheers,

    Neil
    Signature

    Easy email marketing automation without moving your lists.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author melanied
    Does your machine have LightScribe? Several of my friends who are in bands use it for their homegrown CDs and it looks pretty damn cool.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KimW
    I would probably say go with lightscribe too. Lightscribe cds dont cost that much more anymore and like the lady said,they look pretty cool
    Signature

    Read A Post.
    Subscribe to a Newsletter
    KimWinfrey.Com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114775].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by KimW View Post

      I would probably say go with lightscribe too. Lightscribe cds dont cost that much more anymore and like the lady said,they look pretty cool
      Problem is, I already have the CDs. I bought them bulk a while ago, so I'd
      prefer not to have to spend money on something I don't need.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114783].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jesus Perez
    I recommend outsourcing everything to Kunaki.com and using your time for more valuable tasks.

    Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

    Hi all:

    I know how to make CDs. That's not the problem.

    The problem is, years ago I had some software that could create the inserts
    that went in the jewel cases and also the sticky labels that went right on the
    CD itself. However, that software is long gone and I have no idea what it
    was or where I got it from.

    Can anybody recommend some good software that isn't too expensive that
    can do this? It's not for IM. It's for other stuff.

    Thanks.
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114790].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by BlueSquares View Post

      I recommend outsourcing everything to Kunaki.com and using your time for more valuable tasks.
      Thanks, but as I said, this is not for IM. It's for something that will be
      totally non profit, so I'm not going to spend money for something that isn't
      going to give me a return, not when I can just get a piece of software for
      30 bucks and make as many of these as I like.

      Make sense?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114798].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jesus Perez
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        Thanks, but as I said, this is not for IM. It's for something that will be
        totally non profit, so I'm not going to spend money for something that isn't
        going to give me a return, not when I can just get a piece of software for
        30 bucks and make as many of these as I like.

        Make sense?
        Perfect sense. CD Stomper will do the job. You can find these kits really cheap on eBay.

        Oh yeah....check your printer's software CD! It may be in there. My HP came with Roxio.
        Signature


        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114807].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KimW
    Yes, CD Stomper is an option then, I don't know what software you use to burn your CDs, but Nero has, and Roxio use to (I don't know if they still do) label making software built into their burning suite.
    Signature

    Read A Post.
    Subscribe to a Newsletter
    KimWinfrey.Com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114803].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by KimW View Post

      Yes, CD Stomper is an option then, I don't know what software you use to burn your CDs, but Nero has, and Roxio use to (I don't know if they still do) label making software built into their burning suite.
      That's the problem. I don't have anything. My CDs are being created with
      a Boss BR900 digital recorder and finalized there too.

      So all I need is the software to make the labels and the jewel case covers.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114808].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author e-mail2u
    Open office has cd label making capabilities, but i use acoustica cd label maker which is a good product. You can download it as a trial no printing capabilities with the trial.

    It covers the disc, front, back and insert.
    Signature
    Blackhat surveys | geoffreyfoggon | Free link shortening hide those affiliate links....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114817].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Janet Sawyer
      Goolgle has 10,100,000 results for

      cd label templates
      http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...templates&meta=


      And I'm sure that Microsoft has a free download for the inserts template.

      Hope that helps.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114827].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
        Just about every printer, stamper, cd writer I've ever bought has come with some sort of software for templating the printouts. There must be loads of them.

        I still use a combination of Lightscribe, an Epson CD printing printer and outsourcing for this - even for not-for-profit situations.

        Since you're always posting about your ever increasing large sums of revenue - why don't you just spend $50 and get a stamper kit and 1000 new CDs? These things are so cheap now that it's hardly even worth your time to look for a particular solution.
        Signature

        nothing to see here.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114916].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author AndrewCavanagh
          Several years ago when I was still appearing on radio I did a show on a Saturday night where we took a whole pile more orders for an audio CD than we expected (at the time I was appearing on a show that fed to 40 commercial radio stations across Australia and they let me do a full pitch for my product at the end).

          But our local CD duplicator was unavailable (on a Sunday) and I thought our clients deserved to get their CDs shipped in the first mail.

          So we personally burned the CDs, hand wrote the titles on and added 2 more free CDs to every order.

          Then made sure they shipped immediately with a note about why the title was handwritten and why we'd given them 2 extra gifts.

          Refund requests...zero.

          If you walk down to your local office supply shop you should find a whole pile of options for what you're wanting to do.

          Kindest regards,
          Andrew Cavanagh
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[114935].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics