Amazon affiliate to e-commerce

28 replies
Hello everybody (sorry for my english), i have a simple question and i think is not a problem for the amazon tos but i prefer ask to you.

I have an amazon affiliate site that is already earning 300€/month and i am thinking to escalate it.

My idea is to remove all the affiliate link and when a user buy from my website i dropship it from amazon.

That give me a better roi from that website but i am not sure if is ok for the amazon tos.

Anyone with previous experience?

thank you
#affiliate #amazon #ecommerce
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Where would your profit be? Amazon isn't going to pay you for processing sales through your own site. You are risking loss of your Amazon acct in my opinion.


    If you 'aren't sure of' the Amazon TOS - read it and ask questions of Amason until you ARE sure.
    Signature
    Due to the current pandemic I will no longer be shaking hands or giving hugs. You may wave, bow to me or give me the finger...your choice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11488968].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author naviown
    Your links in your website leads people to amazon and if they buy you getting commissions.
    So if you want to dropship, you would need to put your own listings,descriptions, photos of the products and of course make the price higher, because you would need to buy products from amazon.

    In my opinion it's terrible idea.

    Just focus on driving more traffic to your website as it looks like your website converts pretty well.
    Or add more products, make another website and in this way earn more profits.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489001].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mat20000
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Where would your profit be? Amazon isn't going to pay you for processing sales through your own site. You are risking loss of your Amazon acct in my opinion..
      My profit is in the dropshipping, nuy on amaon and resell to the client for a major price, not 6% like affiliation.

      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      If you 'aren't sure of' the Amazon TOS - read it and ask questions of Amason until you ARE sure
      This is basically because i am asking here if any warrior had already do it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489312].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mat20000
      Originally Posted by naviown View Post

      Your links in your website leads people to amazon and if they buy you getting commissions.
      So if you want to dropship, you would need to put your own listings,descriptions, photos of the products and of course make the price higher, because you would need to buy products from amazon.

      In my opinion it's terrible idea.

      Just focus on driving more traffic to your website as it looks like your website converts pretty well.
      Or add more products, make another website and in this way earn more profits.
      obviously driving more traffic is always a good idea but maybe you don't understand the point.
      I have already other websites, i am totally on internet marketing.

      For me this is just an experiment, because my question is: if my website sell 3hundred product/month with affiliation, if i remove the link and convert the website in ecommerce the ROI must be very higher

      Why i must change my listing?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489313].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
    You would need your own order/payment system. So what does Amazon have to do with that? If you take the Amazon links off your site it is no longer an Amazon affiliate site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489002].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mat20000
      Originally Posted by IGotMine View Post

      If you take the Amazon links off your site it is no longer an Amazon affiliate site.
      Thank you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489314].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489083].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mat20000
      Originally Posted by msulcs View Post

      You would have to put a higher price than on Amazon. Would that convert as well? Who knows...
      This make sense.. but i have much traffic and also if the conversion decreases i am convinced that the roi must increase.

      the unique problem is if it is okay for the amazon tos go for dropshipping.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489316].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author savidge4
        Originally Posted by mat20000 View Post

        This make sense.. but i have much traffic and also if the conversion decreases i am convinced that the roi must increase.

        the unique problem is if it is okay for the amazon tos go for dropshipping.
        You would no longer be an Amazon affiliate. you would be buying product on Amazon and sending it to a 3rd party. I know specifically you would not be able to do this with eBay. So that would be something you need to look into.

        The other side of this.. I am not sure you understand the amount of work you would be getting yourself into. Someone places an order for an X.. how then is the order for X made with Amazon? IF you are processing a credit card, you do understand the funds are not immediately available.. how do you pay for the purchase from Amazon to send the product to your client.

        once you do have the order made... how do you transfer the shipping information off to your client?

        the answer to a lot of these questions is you would be doing a bunch of this manually. so you are going from a 20 hour a week kinda thing to a 80 hour a week thing. IS the potential profit gain worth the effort?
        Signature
        Success is an ACT not an idea
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489348].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mat20000
          Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

          the answer to a lot of these questions is you would be doing a bunch of this manually. so you are going from a 20 hour a week kinda thing to a 80 hour a week thing. IS the potential profit gain worth the effort?
          Yeah i am actually into dropship and i know that require much work but my actual affiliate website sell jus two/three products a day so is not so much job to do.

          Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

          IF you are processing a credit card, you do understand the funds are not immediately available.. how do you pay for the purchase from Amazon to send the product to your client.
          this is not a problem
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489462].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    ....and what happens with returns?


    From a practical standpoint - you would be charging more than Amazon and then 'shipping' from Amazon...is that the idea?



    There are many sellers who dropship from suppliers and SELL on Amazon. As a buyer if I order from a website and pay through that website - and then receive the product FROM Amazon - I'll know I just paid too much.


    It's a time intensive idea - and you could use that same time to set up moer sites focused on selling as an Amazon affilaite - less work, less time to maintain.
    Signature
    Due to the current pandemic I will no longer be shaking hands or giving hugs. You may wave, bow to me or give me the finger...your choice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489350].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mat20000
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      ....and what happens with returns?
      Yeah this is a problem

      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      From a practical standpoint - you would be charging more than Amazon and then 'shipping' from Amazon...is that the idea?
      basically yes


      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      and then receive the product FROM Amazon - I'll know I just paid too much.
      ok i'm planning to say that amazon is just my shippers to the client

      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      It's a time intensive idea - and you could use that same time to set up moer sites focused on selling as an Amazon affilaite - less work, less time to maintain.
      that's a good point
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489464].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MSutton
    This will most likely never work. If you change from an affiliate to a dropshipper you will have to raise your prices over Amazon's prices to make a profit. Your prices will be so high that people will not buy from you.



    Even if they did, you would spend so much time placing orders on Amazon, taking care of customer service, customer complaints and everything else that goes along with retailing that your profit would not be much after you factor in your time. In other words, you will be working MUCH longer hours with little, if anything, to show for it.



    So instead of trying to change from being an Amazon affiliate to an retailer who buys from Amazon, you are better off figuring out how you can increase your affiliate sales and affiliate commissions instead.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489370].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mat20000
      Originally Posted by MSutton View Post

      This will most likely never work. If you change from an affiliate to a dropshipper you will have to raise your prices over Amazon's prices to make a profit. Your prices will be so high that people will not buy from you.
      i don't know.. people are lazy.. most of all just buy without research
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489465].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MSutton
    I have 2 questions for you.


    1. How are people finding your site right now? Are you ranking in google for certain keywords? Are you buying PPC ads or other advertisments?


    2. When people come to your site, do they know immediately they will be buying from Amazon? If not, at what point does the buyer realize that you are just an Amazon partner and they are actually buying from Amazon?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489507].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mat20000
      Originally Posted by MSutton View Post

      1. How are people finding your site right now? Are you ranking in google for certain keywords? Are you buying PPC ads or other advertisments?
      Just keywords

      Originally Posted by MSutton View Post

      2. When people come to your site, do they know immediately they will be buying from Amazon? If not, at what point does the buyer realize that you are just an Amazon partner and they are actually buying from Amazon?
      For the moment yes it is pretty clear that it is an amazon website
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author surgematrix
    Amazon offers free shipping on order of $25 or more. Will you be able to match that? For a minimal charge, the offer next day delivery. remember, Amazon has distribution center in many states. Amazon Flex pays local drivers to deliver their product. I am not sure how you can thrive but I respect your ambition.
    Signature

    Free Reseller Opportunity - https://myservicecart.com/
    SaaS Distributor - http://pentagonwebit.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489548].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mat20000
      Originally Posted by surgematrix View Post

      Amazon offers free shipping on order of $25 or more. Will you be able to match that? For a minimal charge, the offer next day delivery. remember, Amazon has distribution center in many states. Amazon Flex pays local drivers to deliver their product. I am not sure how you can thrive but I respect your ambition.
      yes but i dropship from amazon without advertise at the client where the products comes, so the shipping costs and the delivery is always charged to amazon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489899].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thejames
    I think it's pretty simple. You're already getting traffic, i.e. prospects who are of a particular demographic and interest group consistently - all you have to do is replace those products with congruent/relevant, very similar products from high margin sources, (wholesalers/manufactures instead of retailers like Amazon) ex. from China and receive direct payments.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489639].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mat20000
      Originally Posted by thejames View Post

      I think it's pretty simple. You're already getting traffic, i.e. prospects who are of a particular demographic and interest group consistently - all you have to do is replace those products with congruent/relevant, very similar products from high margin sources, (wholesalers/manufactures instead of retailers like Amazon) ex. from China and receive direct payments.
      oh thank you this is precisely what i am planing to do and it does not seem such a bad idea for me.

      Do you know any good wholesalers like aliexpress? because i know just this and it takes 40/days for ship in my country
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489901].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author thejames
        Originally Posted by mat20000 View Post

        oh thank you this is precisely what i am planing to do and it does not seem such a bad idea for me.

        Do you know any good wholesalers like aliexpress? because i know just this and it takes 40/days for ship in my country
        Where are you located Mat?

        There are various suppliers such as Chinabrands, Banggood, etc...

        Preferably you're able to source locally for quicker shipping times if not Chinese suppliers will do for now. Unless you're willing to purchase a couple of units upfront and fulfill them yourself.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489938].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mat20000
          Originally Posted by thejames View Post

          Where are you located Mat?

          There are various suppliers such as Chinabrands, Banggood, etc...

          Preferably you're able to source locally for quicker shipping times if not Chinese suppliers will do for now. Unless you're willing to purchase a couple of units upfront and fulfill them yourself.
          so THANK YOU mate i hadn't never heard Chinabrands or banggood before.. This is perfect! They shipping in just 8 days paying for the shipping. THANK YOU
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489979].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MSutton
            Originally Posted by mat20000 View Post

            so THANK YOU mate i hadn't never heard Chinabrands or banggood before.. This is perfect! They shipping in just 8 days paying for the shipping. THANK YOU

            Pay no heed to "shipping in 8 days". It's a marketing gimmick. If you sell to USA buyers, it will take 20-45 in transit. I know, I buy from many Chinese retailers a lot.



            You have a lot to learn grasshopper. Get yo head out of the clouds and research better before you plunge into this with dreamy prospects.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489985].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author mat20000
              Originally Posted by MSutton View Post

              You have a lot to learn grasshopper. Get yo head out of the clouds and research better before you plunge into this with dreamy prospects.
              grasshopper?? First of all i'm not a newbie but I did not think the politics of this forum were to make fun of the new members.

              Please do not answer if you only have to offend. Thank you
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11490680].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MSutton
    Originally Posted by mat20000 View Post

    For the moment yes it is pretty clear that it is an amazon website

    So, it is my opinion that the reason why you are getting any sales at all is because people know that, when they are on your website, they are actually buying from Amazon (or Amazon sellers). Because of this, the current traffic you are getting is unlikely to buy from your site directly. They know that Amazon is "safe" as Amazon favors buyers in any transaction. In fact, if you go to Amazon's seller forum, you can read many horror stories of customers gaming the Amazon system, claiming they did not receive items and letting the buyer keep the item and taking money way from the sellers' accounts. Amazon does not care about tracking and does not consider tracking as proof of delivery, only signature deliveries are counted as "proof", which is too expensive in most cases. Also, this gives the seller a hit on their ODR metric. Accounts are shut down when their ODR hits 1% or higher.


    Think hard on this before you convert your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11489948].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bionictortoise
    It sounds like you had the same idea as the OP on this post:
    https://www.warriorforum.com/main-in...ed-amazon.html

    Instead of making 6% you want to make more. Fair enough...

    But in that case, the route to go is FBA, as I replied to that post two years ago. You don't buy the products from Amazon; you buy them from wherever you can get them at a low price, then ship them to Amazon, and they will dropship them to your customers.

    Even if Amazon allowed what you want to do (and they don't; they would close you down) the amount you would have to spend on advertising for your site to get the number of sales you'd need (without the customer finding out the product is cheaper on Amazon) would be more than any profit you could make.

    Amazon has SO much traffic, even the crap products sell well. It would be foolish to try and compete.

    FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) is the only sustainable method. Thousands of people are already doing it, and many are successful. Look at the other thread I linked to.
    Signature
    "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop" - Confucius
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11492019].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agmccall
      Originally Posted by bionictortoise View Post


      FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) is the only sustainable method. Thousands of people are already doing it, and many are successful. Look at the other thread I linked to.
      To add to this, Walmart is expanding their fulfillment services to more people and Target just announced they will be entering this field.

      al
      Signature
      "Theater, sports, movies, and church are all driven primarily by an ancient desire to be in each other’s proximity." ~David Marcus~
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11492162].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author amirali999
    2 questions for you.


    1. How people finding your site right now? Are you ranking in google for certain keywords, Are you buying PPC ads or other advertisments?


    2. When people come to your site, do they know immediately they will be buying from Amazon? If not, at what point does the buyer realize that you are just an Amazon partner and they are actually buying from Amazon?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11492755].message }}

Trending Topics