HubSpot first introduced the concept of inbound marketing back in 2005, but things have changed a lot since then. Inbound marketing now focuses on drawing customers in using content and channels like blogs and social media. Two factors stand out among everything else. The first being customer preference. The second being the value of inbound marketing. So, which sectors have seen the largest volume of inbound calls up to now, and just how effective is inbound marketing when it comes to driving leads to make a call?
Marketing Land studied 129,393,520 calls made over a 10-month period during 2020, tracking the percentage of calls that came from inbound marketing methods within each industry.
The results illustrate that inbound marketing has turned into a strategy small businesses absolutely should invest in. They also show that call-tracking software is one of the best tools out there when it comes to measuring attribution and tweaking your inbound marketing and phone calls. Call-tracking software adds unique phone numbers to your marketing campaigns that let you:
- See caller data
- Attribute calls by source
- Channel to understand campaign effectiveness
Dynamic number insertion tools display unique phone numbers for your potential customers. You build up data about what inbound marketing channels drive your calls.
Some industries and sectors are set to benefit from call tracking more than others. Marketing Land says that in eleven out of a dozen industries studied; the data showed more than 91% of leads came from inbound calls. Based on the 129 million calls, Marketing Land found the following sectors stand to gain the most:
- Advertising and Marketing Agencies got more calls than any other industry in the study, achieving 45 million. Agencies can use call tracking tools to deliver more accurate pay-per-click (PPC) data.
- Real Estate and Real Estate Investing companies benefitted from a situation where 87% of real estate calls and 67% of real estate investing calls were inbound.
Lee Davenport is an Atlanta-based realtor:
|"The pro of purchasing real estate leads is to give you some IMMEDIATE action in your pipeline if you are a new or returning agent, particularly if you are someone without a local sphere of influence, an established marketing plan, or an existing database of clients. Is this activity the best use of time? Not always, depending on the quality of the lead source, which can make this a con if the lead source is not reputable."|
- Software and technology companies also enjoyed 91% inbound call volume
- Education providers saw 92% inbound call volume
- Financial services professionals experienced a 94% inbound call volume
- Automotive dealerships got 94% inbound call volume