Membership Script Suggestions

18 replies
I have several membership sites I want to start on various topics (which are of no importance to this discussion. My requirements (or "like to haves") are as follows:
  • Works seamlessly with WordPress
  • Content dripping (based on maturity of subscriber and/or "x days after y post" as in module 2 comes one week after module 1)
  • Works with multiple membership sites
  • Works with multiple payment processors (like ClickBank and PayDotCom, for example)
  • Integrates easily with autoresponders like Aweber and GetResponse (of course, only one at a time)
  • Multiple membership levels with "upgrade" functionality (perhaps pro-rated upgrades)
  • One time payment as well as recurring and recurring with trial and/or free period
I've tried MemberWing and WishList Member. The critical sticking points for MW are: Aweber integration is not so good. It's new functionality and it may just be me, but the "recurring with trial" subscription doesn't work.

Sticking point for WLM: No "easy" or "intuitive" content dripping. I understand there's "sequential" content delivery, but it's in the form of Module 1 is for Membership level 1, then upgrade membership to gain access to the next module (where the upgrade is free, automatic, and sequential), but setting up a weekly "post" for an entire year takes 52 sequential memberships, which is onerous.

Sticking point for both: Since both require an IPN set up, and both ClickBank and PDC have only one or two IPN form fields, you can only set up a max of 2 membership sites. What if you want 3? Do you have to open another account at said payment processor?

Another key consideration is ease of testing. Does the IPN work if a "test sale" is made on CB or PDC?

Thanks in advance. I know I've laid a lot out here. Some thoughtful comments and suggestions will be appreciated!
#membership #script #suggestions
  • Profile picture of the author billspaced
    Maybe I threw in the kitchen sink on this one? No responses...
    Signature

    Bill Davis
    Chief Marketing Officer, SoMoLo Marketing

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1398300].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    Robert Plank was talking about something like this in the last webinar of his I attended, but he claimed it was $2497, and never identified it. Maybe someone in his membership sites class could at least tell us what it is?
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1398307].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author billspaced
      Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      Robert Plank was talking about something like this in the last webinar of his I attended, but he claimed it was $2497, and never identified it. Maybe someone in his membership sites class could at least tell us what it is?
      Yes, thanks CDarklock, I was on that call. I think that the plugin he was talking about only did the content drip. Seems that I recall from the visual portion of the call that they might have been using WishList Member...

      You'd think this stuff would be refined enough by now that anybody could pick it up and use it right away...but maybe I'm just stupid.
      Signature

      Bill Davis
      Chief Marketing Officer, SoMoLo Marketing

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1398335].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Fred_Acker
        Hi Bill,

        Does it have to be Wp? I'm using memberspeed and it does everything you ask except wp. But I think you can do the same with joomla.
        Signature

        Right Now. What a wonderful time to start!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1398383].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author billspaced
          Originally Posted by Fred_Acker View Post

          Hi Bill,

          Does it have to be Wp? I'm using memberspeed and it does everything you ask except wp. But I think you can do the same with joomla.
          I don't suppose it has to be WP, but it sure would be nice.
          Signature

          Bill Davis
          Chief Marketing Officer, SoMoLo Marketing

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1398388].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Fred_Acker
            I know you can do it with Delavo but that's the only one I can think of that'll give you everything you ask for.
            Signature

            Right Now. What a wonderful time to start!

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1398407].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alex Williams
        I use RAP script (rapidactionprofits.com) with Membership addon. Works great: WP integration, content dripping (although you need one more plugin for this), integrates with AutoResponders, one time payments and recurring as well.

        Not sure though about integration with other membership sites, and multiple payment processors.

        I think it has upgrades and downgrades as well as far as I remember, but not sure if that`s standard, or you have to buy additional plugins.

        If interested, you can go to their page, and there`s a link to their customer service at the bottom of the page. You can open a new ticket and get a response from Sid (the creator of the script) very soon.

        Hope this helps.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1398404].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author billspaced
          Originally Posted by Alex Williams View Post

          I use RAP script (rapidactionprofits.com) with Membership addon. Works great: WP integration, content dripping (although you need one more plugin for this), integrates with AutoResponders, one time payments and recurring as well.

          Not sure though about integration with other membership sites, and multiple payment processors.

          I think it has upgrades and downgrades as well as far as I remember, but not sure if that`s standard, or you have to buy additional plugins.

          If interested, you can go to their page, and there`s a link to their customer service at the bottom of the page. You can open a new ticket and get a response from Sid (the creator of the script) very soon.

          Hope this helps.
          Hi Alex, that's a great suggestion. I'll give that a try. Thank you.
          Signature

          Bill Davis
          Chief Marketing Officer, SoMoLo Marketing

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1398435].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kat Bartone
            Hi Bill,

            I haven't tried it myself yet, but I think it will be the one I go with - and I've heard good things about it - is this:

            Home | wishlistproducts.com

            Hope this helps,

            - Kat
            Signature

            Your search for the perfect WordPress theme is over. Here it is.

            Coming soon: Compelling Content from the PLR Article Wizard

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1398446].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author billspaced
              Originally Posted by Kat Bartone View Post

              Hi Bill,

              I haven't tried it myself yet, but I think it will be the one I go with - and I've heard good things about it - is this:

              Home | wishlistproducts.com

              Hope this helps,

              - Kat
              It's good, but doesn't do content dripping (at least it doesn't do it automatically and easily). Thanks for the suggestion.
              Signature

              Bill Davis
              Chief Marketing Officer, SoMoLo Marketing

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1398499].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Lisa Gergets
        Originally Posted by billspaced View Post

        Yes, thanks CDarklock, I was on that call. I think that the plugin he was talking about only did the content drip. Seems that I recall from the visual portion of the call that they might have been using WishList Member...

        You'd think this stuff would be refined enough by now that anybody could pick it up and use it right away...but maybe I'm just stupid.
        No, it wasn't WishList Member...I have it written down at home, and yes,it was something like $2400...but I can't for the life of me think of the name of it right now.
        Signature
        Sign up to be notified when Success on Demand goes live, and receive a FREE mindmap that you can follow to create and launch your OWN IM PRODUCTS!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1399084].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author billspaced
          Originally Posted by TinkerAndPo View Post

          No, it wasn't WishList Member...I have it written down at home, and yes,it was something like $2400...but I can't for the life of me think of the name of it right now.
          Sorry, I didn't mean to indicate that the $2500 plugin was wishlist member...no, they were using WLM for the membership portion (at least I think I remember their slides using WLM), but they didn't name the plugin for the content dripping...
          Signature

          Bill Davis
          Chief Marketing Officer, SoMoLo Marketing

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1399211].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Lisa Gergets
            Originally Posted by billspaced View Post

            Sorry, I didn't mean to indicate that the $2500 plugin was wishlist member...no, they were using WLM for the membership portion (at least I think I remember their slides using WLM), but they didn't name the plugin for the content dripping...
            Are you sure they didn't? I could swear I wrote it down. I'll look when I get home tonight because I'm nearly positive they mentioned it.
            Signature
            Sign up to be notified when Success on Demand goes live, and receive a FREE mindmap that you can follow to create and launch your OWN IM PRODUCTS!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1399224].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
    Using WP for a membership site is not a good idea due to the bad security issues wordpress has... I would use a stand alone app myself..

    Just my opinion though

    James
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1399070].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kaanb1
    I've heard that nanacast has an excellent membership content delivery system and there is an interconnecting wordpress plugin too.... I believe that nanacast covers all the requirements that Bill set...

    Member Lock Plugin Documentation

    Kaan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1399146].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lisa Gergets
    Was just doing some research on this and found WordPress Membership Plugin - Membership Script For WordPress Blogs And Regular Web Sites.

    The only thing it doesn't specifically say it does is trials...

    Has lots of payment options as well.
    Signature
    Sign up to be notified when Success on Demand goes live, and receive a FREE mindmap that you can follow to create and launch your OWN IM PRODUCTS!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1399187].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author williamrs
    I don't have membership sites, but I have heard good feedbacks about MemeberGate...
    Signature
    Steal My Profit Strategy



    >> Download Now <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1399196].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jim Symonds
    We have all this minus wordpress and content dripping, but we're adding new stuff all the time, so these are possible.

    A built in WYSIWYG will be eminent.

    Jim
    Signature

    Have Fun Making Money Sharing Videos WSO ==> https://www.warriorforum.com/warrior...os-online.html

    Run Your Own Direct Sales MLM Company ==> https://DirectSalesMLM.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1399216].message }}

Trending Topics