How to increase the number of subscribers for a Tipster service?

by bm2
15 replies
Hello,


For about a year I have been using a method to place bets and win on Horse Races in the UK. I bet with a lot of money but the system works. In 1 year it hasn`t had 1 losing month and each month it has made 5%.



I have less then 1000$ to gamble with and it will take me years to get in decent ammounts that I can live so the Idea of a tipster service evolved.



I want to do livestreams of how I place the bets 2 hours before the start of all UK horse racing. Paste the stream into 5-10 horse racing tipster Facebook groups and grow my channel.



Aweber allows you to email to 500 people for free. Here comes the problem I start my paid service and probably get 10-15 people to sign up for 10$-20$ a month. But in order for me to continue to grow my Youtube Channel and my fanbase I`m gonna need to keep on giving free tips. How can I grow my fanbase and get more people to sign up for the paid service.


If someone for example joins at mid march and I calculate 1 month untill the mid of April they woudl have acutally loose money. This system only works if you start from the begining of the month and bet each weekday for 1 month that way you will get 5% a month. Which is not bad especially for 10$ a month.



So how can I have more people join my email list and buy my subscription while also giving aveay the tips for free on YouTube in order for me to grow.

Thank you
#increase #number #service #subscribers #tipster
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author phillipspire
    do you market your business sir?
    i suggest content marketing will help sir, if you don't mind, i can share some marketing strategies with you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11784644].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monetize
    Originally Posted by bm2 View Post

    So how can I have more people join my email list and buy my subscription while also giving aveay the tips for free on YouTube in order for me to grow.

    I was in the gambling niche for a minute, years ago, and it
    was problematic.

    You need to be very careful with gambling, betting, tipsheets,
    systems, etc. as many platforms, like PayPal for example, do
    not allow much of this.

    You can keep doing your horse racing methods, but if I were
    you I wouldn't try to market any of this.

    Maybe you could write a book about it, but that is all I would do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11784647].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
    You bet 1k a month and made 1050 back, so without going above the 1k, so you had 12 months and you made 600 dollars, so you have 1600 after a year at the track? On average?

    I can almost force my bank to give me 5% on a long term CD. So, if you bet with a lot of money, but only have 1k to gamble with...it doesn't sound too promising.

    This is very confusing. You are asking for problems from all the platforms you mention, let alone when your customer doesn't get her money back. Honestly, listening to a hand to mouth gambler, doesn't work for me. I think you have unreal expectations of how many people will actually pay to sign up, and as mentioned, you better have weasel disclaimers out the wazoo too. The book idea might be better for you. With updates to buyers.

    Another idea with a lot of moving parts and third party participation, I give this idea a D-.

    GordonJ


    Originally Posted by bm2 View Post

    Hello,
    For about a year I have been using a method to place bets and win on Horse Races in the UK. I bet with a lot of money but the system works. In 1 year it hasn`t had 1 losing month and each month it has made 5%.
    I have less then 1000$ to gamble with and it will take me years to get in decent ammounts that I can live so the Idea of a tipster service evolved.

    I want to do livestreams of how I place the bets 2 hours before the start of all UK horse racing. Paste the stream into 5-10 horse racing tipster Facebook groups and grow my channel.
    Aweber allows you to email to 500 people for free. Here comes the problem I start my paid service and probably get 10-15 people to sign up for 10$-20$ a month. But in order for me to continue to grow my Youtube Channel and my fanbase I`m gonna need to keep on giving free tips. How can I grow my fanbase and get more people to sign up for the paid service.
    If someone for example joins at mid march and I calculate 1 month untill the mid of April they woudl have acutally loose money. This system only works if you start from the begining of the month and bet each weekday for 1 month that way you will get 5% a month. Which is not bad especially for 10$ a month.
    So how can I have more people join my email list and buy my subscription while also giving aveay the tips for free on YouTube in order for me to grow.

    Thank you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11784650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    The numbers don't make sense to me.


    If each month you bet $1000 - a 5% return will yield $50....but you had $1k at risk.


    Seems like what you are really saying is that you have a 'system' but due to low returns it will take a long time to earn significant money from that system.


    Thus - you want to sell the 'system' to others in order to increase your own income. You mention $10-20 per month...that means your 'subscriber' would need to bet $200-400 each month to earn the 5% to PAY for the 'tips'. I don't think that is likely. $5 - maybe.


    To receive a modest full time income from this 'method' would mean risking a substantial amount of money for a 5% potential return. I worked in the gambling industry for 18 years....watched a lot of people with 'methods' lose everything.


    I'm also a horse 'person' and know a mediocre horse can have a really good day and a great horse can wear himself out balking and crow stepping on his way to the starting gate. Your method is likely a bet placement strategy - and those work until they don't. With such a low return, one bad month can wipe you out. That would be my concern in trying to sell this system.



    I'll bet $100 on a horse to potentially win double or more than I bet. I won't risk $100 with a max win of $5.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog
    ***
    Life has no remote...
    Get up and change it yourself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11784751].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bm2
    You are risking 5% of your betting bank per bet. And make 5% a month. I live in Romania the max I can make per year is 12k anymore than that and I have to pay 40% of my winnings in taxes. I'm
    looking to create a tipster service I don't want to sell the method. Do you have any ideeas for this issue and this issue alone. I won't sell the method ever, it works 99% of methods out there don't there are people who have gambling problems and for a relatively small Ammont they can become winners.
    If anybody else will care and give me some pointers on how to grow a customer base?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11784836].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
      Originally Posted by bm2 View Post

      You are risking 5% of your betting bank per bet. And make 5% a month. I live in Romania the max I can make per year is 12k anymore than that and I have
      to pay 40% of my winnings in taxes. I'm looking to create a tipster service I don't want to sell the method. Do you have any ideeas for this issue and this issue alone. I won't sell the method ever, it works 99% of methods out there don't there are people who have gambling problems and for a relatively small Ammont they can become winners.
      If anybody else will care and give me some pointers on how to grow a customer base?
      This is your latest thing, and in the 11 years you've been here, you've STARTED over 50 threads on just about everything to do with IM, from copywriting to dropshipping.
      About 5-6 years ago, it was copywriting, and you wanted to get into that.

      Back in 2017 you posted this:

      Which of the following is the easiest and has the highest chance of success? If I were to choose between CPA, affiliate marketing, dropshipping and amazon FBA, or an e-commerce website, which of these would require the least amount of capital and be the easiest to implement and have the highest chance of success? The most important criteria are:

      1. The highest chance of success
      2. The easiest to implement
      3. The least amount of capital


      Have you ever actually spent 100 hours staying with any one thing? Any thing other than betting on the ponies?

      We've told you your numbers don't make sense with the information you have given us, 5% of your bet of 1000 dollars?????? WTF?!

      I think we need to be patient with you and wait a couple of months and see what your next thing will be.

      I'm just trying to show you how much TIME you have spent, and what do you have to show for it?

      AND, so you would not be happy with keeping 60% of whatever you make over 12k? That just doesn't make any sense, if you make 20 k, and the extra 8 is taxed at 40%, you still have 4800 plus your 12, so your winnings could be 16,800...that 4800 could allow you to place larger bets.

      Good luck getting anyone to give you workable advice on your tipster service.

      GordonJ
      .
      TIP: Stay with one thing long enough to find out if you can make it work.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11784838].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bm2
        Please read the post again. It`s a 1000$ bank meaning a 50$ bet. And by the end of the month it will be 50$. Please stop looking at my posting history it has no bearing here. I don`t care what you think of what I`ve posted. I`ve tried stuff it didn`t work I`m tyring something new easy as that.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11784883].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
          Originally Posted by bm2 View Post

          Please read the post again. It`s a 1000$ bank meaning a 50$ bet. And by the end of the month it will be 50$. Please stop looking at my posting history it has no bearing here. I don`t care what you think of what I`ve posted. I`ve tried stuff it didn`t work I`m tyring something new easy as that.
          OK. Do your thing. Good luck.
          GordonJ
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11784887].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Monetize
          Originally Posted by bm2 View Post

          Please read the post again. It`s a 1000$ bank meaning a 50$ bet. And by the end of the month it will be 50$. Please stop looking at my posting history it has no bearing here. I don`t care what you think of what I`ve posted. I`ve tried stuff it didn`t work I`m tyring something new easy as that.

          Your past posting history DOES have bearing here.

          I didn't bother looking at it because it didn't interest me,
          but sometimes I look at what people have posted before,
          and people ARE going to see what you are all about.

          I come here to dispense my advice, but nobody would
          take me seriously if I consistently posted questions about
          things that I should know, or told unrelated stories about
          the hardships of my personal life.

          As to your betting system. It doesn't matter whether you
          figured out how to double your money, you're not going
          to be able to run FB ads about it unless you go through
          their multiple hoops for permission to run the ads.

          Besides gambling and betting being problematic, you
          cannot make income claims like the following:

          "I took $20 and turned it into $5K."

          ICYMI before, there are hundreds of methods to make
          money, online and otherwise, and infinite combinations
          thereof, so you would be smart to find another way.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11784889].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Monetize
      Originally Posted by bm2 View Post

      You are risking 5% of your betting bank per bet. And make 5% a month. I live in Romania the max I can make per year is 12k anymore than that and I have to pay 40% of my winnings in taxes. I'm
      looking to create a tipster service I don't want to sell the method. Do you have any ideeas for this issue and this issue alone. I won't sell the method ever, it works 99% of methods out there don't there are people who have gambling problems and for a relatively small Ammont they can become winners.
      If anybody else will care and give me some pointers on how to grow a customer base?

      You grow your customer base through marketing, which you
      need to learn for yourself by reading this forum, reading books,
      learning by doing experience, etc. This is not a topic that you
      can just get pointers about.

      As to your theory regarding taxes, most people who engage
      in making profits, have to deal with taxes. That is not a reason
      for anyone to keep themselves in poverty and broke-ness.

      There wouldn't be any millionaires if they all thought, like you,
      "if I make a million dollars I've got to pay more taxes."

      Sometimes, when your rationalization doesn't make sense
      to anyone but you, you need to change your thinking.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11784841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TobiMDD
    Perhaps it would be a sensible idea to treat this as more of a side hobby UNTIL you have enough capital to profit from the bets?

    Until then, keep building your fanbase with a tips service and give people as much as you can for free. Of course you will think at first that you are giving everything away, but think about it, if you really help people with your tips and they win profitably because of you, firstly they will become stronger and stronger fans of yours and secondly they will certainly be happy to pay you for further services or recommendations in the future.

    Sooner or later you always get back what you reap. So keep harvesting diligently and you will be rewarded, I'm sure of it. Until then, don't worry so much about the payment and look for ways to finance your main income. Good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11785000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ava Henrry
    I would recommend you to do content marketing and promote your business via Social Bookmarking, micro blogging. It would surely help you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11785025].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bm2
      Originally Posted by Ava Henrry View Post

      I would recommend you to do content marketing and promote your business via Social Bookmarking, micro blogging. It would surely help you.

      Hi I was thinking of making a Facebook live on the matches I bet on and do it live. Then share the video in some free tips facebook group do that for 3-6 months make a following then ask them to pay 10-20$ a month.


      But after I get say 50-100-200 people. How do I contiune to promote my service and get a lot more people to subscribe to my service.


      If I tell them that I`m gonna charge them some of them will buy, But If I charge them and keep on giving the tips for free they will cancel their subscriptions. This is the PARADOX I`m in right now.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11785039].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    But after I get say 50-100-200 people. How do I contiune to promote my service and get a lot more people to subscribe to my service.

    First - get to to 100-200 - then go to the next step.


    FREE vs PAID is not a paradox - it's a choice you make if you want to build a business.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog
    ***
    Life has no remote...
    Get up and change it yourself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11785046].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BouPLy
    use all marketing stradegies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11785266].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics