Clickbank Confusion - Many Order Form Impressions, but no orders

by Melani
22 replies
Hi Warriors,

I've never sold via Clickbank before, so I'm coming to ask the more experienced a question.

In the past 'month to date' under my Analytics tab, I have 18 under "Order Form Impression Count", which I assume means people have pressed the buy now button 18 times. Right?

The wierd thing is, I've made no sales. :confused:

This is confusing me. The price for the product is listed on the sales page under the last button, but there is a buy now button half way down. Would these impression counts be from people pressing that to check the price?

Or is there another issue I should look into?
#clickbank #confusion #form #impressions #order #orders
  • Profile picture of the author James401
    Originally Posted by Melani View Post

    Hi Warriors,

    I've never sold via Clickbank before, so I'm coming to ask the more experienced a question.

    In the past 'month to date' under my Analytics tab, I have 18 under "Order Form Impression Count", which I assume means people have pressed the buy now button 18 times. Right?
    Wrong!!

    Try look for the Order Form Submit Count!! (Even then you can have order forms submitted without sales!!)

    I have order form impression counts of over 150 sometimes with no sales and I'm sure people have many more than that.

    Don't worry about it, just keep plugging away.

    Remember, it's the Order Form Submit count that you need to keep an eye on.

    James
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1652373].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author activetrader
    It depends how many links you have to the CB form. Many publishers (myself included) place hyperlinks throughout the sales page that don't say 'click to buy', but for instance they say the name of the book, or some other word that's a call to action.. this way when a potential customer clicks on that link, he is taken to the order form. They don't realize it's the order link, so they click out of curiosity. Also, 18 impressions is nothing. You need better stats than that
    Signature

    Me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1652383].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrisgarrett
    Most clickbank products convert very poorly. 100 unique views of an order form is the minimum to know how well it is going to sell, 18 clicks could be pure curiosity or mistake, and could be a few people not 18 as mentioned above.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1652486].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author monaghanj
    Clickbank works extremely well for........Clickbank. You've just uncovered one of the great untruths of the Internet.

    Contrary to popular belief, Affiliate Marketing ain't all it's cracked up to be. You can still make a sale on Clickbank and not get the money. How? Depends how long it had been since the cookie for the first site got dropped on someone elses site. So you could make the sale but some other geezer gets the cash 'cos his cookie was first in the system.

    It's long baffled me how long it would take for most marketers not to get the "fact" about cookies. They are a doubled edge sword and can work equally against you as often as they can for you. Why do you think when all the "power launches" start that the so called Gurus and the mini wannabes all start offering silly bonuses? They all know that unless you as a buyer refresh the cooikes that you may well buy the goods from a wannabe site but if the Mega Guru raped and pillaged their way through first then their cookies are going to close the deal.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1652548].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisgarrett
      Originally Posted by monaghanj View Post


      Contrary to popular belief, Affiliate Marketing ain't all it's cracked up to be.
      Maybe not for you

      I am still getting comissions from stuff I promoted years ago.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1652559].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Doug Olson
        Hey Chris Maybe you can help me? I get order form submits but no sale conversions over 20 of them on the same product I am selling as an affiliate what am I doing wrong? My affiliate link shows up on the bottom of the order page when I go to that
        Signature

        Click here to cut electricity costs today! Learn how to reduce them here.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1717952].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Raul991
          I have the same problem - order form submit count is quite high but no sales - what does that mean? Can anybody explain please?!
          Signature
          Possible Is Everything! ;)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2485564].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
      Originally Posted by monaghanj View Post

      Clickbank works extremely well for........Clickbank. You've just uncovered one of the great untruths of the Internet.

      Contrary to popular belief, Affiliate Marketing ain't all it's cracked up to be. You can still make a sale on Clickbank and not get the money. How? Depends how long it had been since the cookie for the first site got dropped on someone elses site. So you could make the sale but some other geezer gets the cash 'cos his cookie was first in the system.

      It's long baffled me how long it would take for most marketers not to get the "fact" about cookies. They are a doubled edge sword and can work equally against you as often as they can for you. Why do you think when all the "power launches" start that the so called Gurus and the mini wannabes all start offering silly bonuses? They all know that unless you as a buyer refresh the cooikes that you may well buy the goods from a wannabe site but if the Mega Guru raped and pillaged their way through first then their cookies are going to close the deal.
      .
      This is all completely wrong.

      It's the LAST cookie which gets the commission


      Harvey



      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1652565].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author monaghanj
        Originally Posted by Harvey.Segal View Post

        .
        This is all completely wrong.

        It's the LAST cookie which gets the commission


        Harvey



        .
        It's not, why the heck do you see all the wannabes telling you to expressly refresh your cookies before buying anything to ensure they get the credit. Also how do you explain all the "our cookies will last for 60 days sh1t"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1652629].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author chrisgarrett
          Originally Posted by monaghanj View Post

          It's not, why the heck do you see all the wannabes telling you to expressly refresh your cookies before buying anything to ensure they get the credit. Also how do you explain all the "our cookies will last for 60 days sh1t"
          *sigh*

          Rather than argue about it, why not test it?



          There. Second cookie gets the credit.

          Of course I am promoting products where the first cookie gets credit, and also lifetime schemes and email tagged schemes, but with ClickBank, second cookie gets credit.

          Imagine how many poor saps out there serving ads or promotions that they have'nt a snowballs chance in hell of getting commission on.
          Or you can imagine all the people who are having a great success at doing what they enjoy making a decent income from their affiliate promotions. I know which I choose
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1652705].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
            Originally Posted by monaghanj View Post

            I had lunch in London before Christmas with an old colleague who is CEO of a major Ad Serving Network and this subject happened to come up funnily enough through an associate matter and his view was that yes it morally stinks, it's wrong but there's no desire amongst the major ad networks to change it as why should they? It doesn't affect them positively one iota. You know it and I do. It would affect in a negative manner as they wouldn't get the same coverage that they get now.
            There's arguments for and against both methods and it has
            been discussed many times but when it came to the vote
            about 95% of Warriors opted for the last cookie



            Harvey

            .
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1652725].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author monaghanj
            Originally Posted by chrisgarrett View Post

            *sigh*

            Rather than argue about it, why not test it?



            There. Second cookie gets the credit.

            Of course I am promoting products where the first cookie gets credit, and also lifetime schemes and email tagged schemes, but with ClickBank, second cookie gets credit.



            Or you can imagine all the people who are having a great success at doing what they enjoy making a decent income from their affiliate promotions. I know which I choose
            That is not the issue here.

            The real reason for my getting involved with this topic was the conversation that I had alluded to earlier and it was a salutory tale that some might find difficult to take but true nonetheless.

            The real reason for my conversation was a mutual colleague who had a site based on Healthcare products that had over an 8% CTR with Adsense and a eCPM of in excess of $23. When he introduced a couple of Clickbank products...zippo, the square root of nothing.

            Now we audited his site, checked the code, checked that the Clickbank products were as they said they were, good percentage conversion rates, gravity etc, in fact they were 100% on topic products. Now I know Clickbank and Adsense is different etc etc but even when you allowed for a filter factor ie. the percentage that clicked on the ad then didn't follow through with the action etc etc then you would have expected something, at least once. But nothing.

            As I said, when I mentioned this to my colleague, he waited then winked and then said "Want to know the real reason? Careful implementation and delivery of cookies. Been going on for years. Most publishers have been getting a raw deal for years but its better than nothing, certainly as far as the smaller ones are concerned who otherwise would be getting nothing as they wouldn't have the mass and momentum to dictate what goes on ad-wise on their sites or even get any ads at all."

            I'm sorry folks, I don't care how many Warriors voted for what and what they said, matters damn all as far as the Big Ad Networks are concerned.

            Jonny Rotten had it right in the 70's - "Ever think you've been conned?"
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1652840].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author fxmmorale
              Originally Posted by monaghanj View Post

              That is not the issue here.

              The real reason for my getting involved with this topic was the conversation that I had alluded to earlier and it was a salutory tale that some might find difficult to take but true nonetheless.

              The real reason for my conversation was a mutual colleague who had a site based on Healthcare products that had over an 8% CTR with Adsense and a eCPM of in excess of $23. When he introduced a couple of Clickbank products...zippo, the square root of nothing.

              Now we audited his site, checked the code, checked that the Clickbank products were as they said they were, good percentage conversion rates, gravity etc, in fact they were 100% on topic products. Now I know Clickbank and Adsense is different etc etc but even when you allowed for a filter factor ie. the percentage that clicked on the ad then didn't follow through with the action etc etc then you would have expected something, at least once. But nothing.

              As I said, when I mentioned this to my colleague, he waited then winked and then said "Want to know the real reason? Careful implementation and delivery of cookies. Been going on for years. Most publishers have been getting a raw deal for years but its better than nothing, certainly as far as the smaller ones are concerned who otherwise would be getting nothing as they wouldn't have the mass and momentum to dictate what goes on ad-wise on their sites or even get any ads at all."

              I'm sorry folks, I don't care how many Warriors voted for what and what they said, matters damn all as far as the Big Ad Networks are concerned.

              Jonny Rotten had it right in the 70's - "Ever think you've been conned?"
              It's 6 in one; 1/2 dozen in the other.

              Even if it's the last cookie that gets the sale, the variable is the consumer and if the consumer is in research mode, then you still have to deal with the cookie issue.

              If someone comes to your site looking to see what you have to offer to close the deal, but doesn't buy and then goes to another site to see what that persons offering...

              That last person gets the $$$, but what if that consumer decides to go back to your site and take you up on your offer without clearing out their cookies first...

              This whole cookie thing is tough no matter how you slice it, I ain't saying you won't make money, but it's very difficult to track whether or not you're getting paid accurately due to the fact that you don't have any control over the system that's in place.

              That's why it's best to promote clickbank products on the backend like a "would you like fries with that?" offer and not rely solely on them for full time commissions.

              Create your own product and or promote 100% commission products and at least you'll be able to track your sales better and get paid right away.

              -Nando
              Signature
              The Marketing Rinnegato Cometh... stay tuned. This link leads to my Warrior blog...
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1653655].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author monaghanj
        Originally Posted by Harvey.Segal View Post

        .
        This is all completely wrong.

        It's the LAST cookie which gets the commission


        Harvey



        .
        I had lunch in London before Christmas with an old colleague who is CEO of a major Ad Serving Network and this subject happened to come up funnily enough through an associate matter and his view was that yes it morally stinks, it's wrong but there's no desire amongst the major ad networks to change it as why should they? It doesn't affect them positively one iota. You know it and I do. It would affect in a negative manner as they wouldn't get the same coverage that they get now.

        Imagine how many poor saps out there serving ads or promotions that they have'nt a snowballs chance in hell of getting commission on. Why, 'cos the cookies served are stacked against them and if they didn't get there first then they might as well not publish.

        I also know of one ad network that has perfected and trialled a cookie busting delivery system that actually is more in favour of the publisher and gives them a much better return on ads served but funnily enough there is very little take up amongst the advertisers for this.

        I'm not saying that can't make money out of it but for the majority the odds are stacked against them.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1652652].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author johnng
        Originally Posted by Harvey.Segal View Post

        .
        This is all completely wrong.

        It's the LAST cookie which gets the commission


        Harvey



        .
        I thought with Clickbank your link always contains your ID, therefore it shouldn't rely on cookie? Am I talking about the same thing as you? You can lose your sale if some crook put their ID in place of yours in the affiliate link. That is my understanding, right or wrong? Someone please clarify! Please!
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1653107].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Melani
    Thanks all for the replies.

    I should have mentioned this is for my own product, not as an affiliate. I've done the affiliate thing before with my other sites, but never took notice of the analytics before using it as a seller. And yes, 18 impressions is nothing, but it's not been live long, nor has it been actively promoted.
    Signature
    IM-Connect.com: Your #1 Social Network Community for Internet Marketers.
    Sell via the Classifieds ~ Contribute to Product Reviews ~ Set up JV Deals and AdSwaps ~ Plus so much more!! Check it out today and sign up for your free account!
    *** Sign up for FREE and earn up to $42 per referal! ***
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1652589].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iYingHang
    Order form impressions means how many times people clicked the buy button but there's something you missed. That doesn't means they gotta buy it. Correct?

    Cheers,
    iYingHang
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1653065].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Doug Olson
    Oh great so all this time I didnt have a chance and still won't down the road so what do you do other than create my own product yeah right ok can someone please help cause I've had many order form submisions but no sales!
    Signature

    Click here to cut electricity costs today! Learn how to reduce them here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1655432].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ouraffaliate
    I have also the same problem - order form submit count is quite high but no sales -can any one explain me about the meaning ? !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10026309].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamescanz
    Originally Posted by Melani View Post

    In the past 'month to date' under my Analytics tab, I have 18 under "Order Form Impression Count", which I assume means people have pressed the buy now button 18 times. Right?

    The wierd thing is, I've made no sales. :confused:
    Shopping cart abandonment is pretty high on Clickbank.

    To help, there's a few things you can do:

    1) Get a few of those 'trusted seals'

    2) Or even one of those slide boxes that has 'our recent customers'

    3) Show a picture of what the checkout page will look like before clicking Add To Cart

    (if you are doing a VSL, you can walk them through the process of purchasing)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10026785].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ContentPro22
    18 impressions with no sales isn't anything to worry about. Besides, with a 30-day cookie you'll still get the commissions from these visitors should they decide to come back and buy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10027515].message }}

Trending Topics