groping in the dark

by Razorblade 14 replies
Hello, Warriors!

I have 10 articles live at EzineArticles with a total of 289 article view and 30 URL clicks.

And no sale yet.

I understand these statistics are way below what I need to make even a single sale of the affiliate products I am trying to sell.

Can the veteran marketers here throw me some ideas on how many articles, how many article views and URL clicks do I need to have in order to make a sale?

Would greatly appreciate your ideas. Thanks!
#main internet marketing discussion forum #dark #groping
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Emailrevealer
    it depends on the niche

    btw
    why not put you link in your sig line?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[154023].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Razorblade
      Originally Posted by Emailrevealer View Post

      it depends on the niche

      btw
      why not put you link in your sig line?

      Thank you, Emailrevealer, for your quick response.

      With my post count, can I activate links in my signature? Sorry, I'm new to this forum and haven't been really active here for a while since registering.

      Okay, depends on the niche. Any rough estimate? I'm trying to sell a CB product on online stock trading as a product affiliate.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[154040].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Razorblade
        Any other opinion or advice, please?
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[154674].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Allen Graves
          Blade,

          There's way more to it than just quantity. Remember that!

          If it were all about quantity, spinner writers would be millionaires and the entire internet would be full of crap.

          Sending PM to avoid placing URL here (It's my own site).

          AL
          Signature
          Every day I check the obituaries. If I don't see my name there, then I know it's going to be a good day!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[154683].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Ruth Hendrickson
            Razorblade, your click rate is quite low compared to views. I've found that in order to get a good amount of clicks, you must give readers a reason to click on your link. Giving away free information such as a free special report has worked well for me. Of course, I make them sign up to my list in order to get the free information. This method allows you to build a list and market your product to them at the same time.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[154701].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Tuzic
              Banned
              hi,

              just try and focus your keywords stoo, but i understand how its hard to make article marketing work for u.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[154725].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Razorblade
                Originally Posted by Tuzic View Post

                hi,

                just try and focus your keywords stoo, but i understand how its hard to make article marketing work for u.

                What's the keyword density that works best in article marketing, Tuzik? Any idea?
                Signature

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[156025].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Razorblade
              Originally Posted by Allen Graves View Post

              Blade,

              There's way more to it than just quantity. Remember that!

              If it were all about quantity, spinner writers would be millionaires and the entire internet would be full of crap.

              Sending PM to avoid placing URL here (It's my own site).

              AL

              Thanks, Al, got your PM!



              Originally Posted by Ruth Hendrickson View Post

              Razorblade, your click rate is quite low compared to views. I've found that in order to get a good amount of clicks, you must give readers a reason to click on your link. Giving away free information such as a free special report has worked well for me. Of course, I make them sign up to my list in order to get the free information. This method allows you to build a list and market your product to them at the same time.

              Thank you too, Ruth, for the response. I am totally new to this stuff and I haven't really been active here. But I'm getting great advice here right now. Thanks!
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[154765].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnsamuels
    more articles, build backlinks to your articles, link articles back to a blog you control. gain permanent traffic, not temporary.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[156123].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Razorblade
      Originally Posted by samjohn View Post

      more articles, build backlinks to your articles, link articles back to a blog you control. gain permanent traffic, not temporary.
      Thanks there, samjohn, for the great tips!

      Any idea just how many would "more" be? Or should I just keep on creating additional articles and wait for the positive results to come out? My point is: is there a an ideal number of articles for me to set as a goal to which I should set my sights on?
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[156278].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Razorblade
    Kevin, Adiari, thanks to both of you for sharing your ideas!

    Originally Posted by quantikev View Post

    ...add the majority of your content to your own domain... Then if your articles rank...
    Do I understand correctly that you mean I also have to add to my website all articles that I submit to article directories like Ezine Articles, Kevin?

    Rank in search engines, right? But which articles? The ones I submitted to article directories (Ezine Articles, etc.) or the ones on my website?

    Please advise, I have a feeling that I am not getting the message right.


    Originally Posted by adiarycapt View Post

    Note that without SEO-KR, your article posting will achieve quite little.
    Can I change my chosen keywords for, say, an article that is already live?

    Okay, I understand that I need to use keywords which have a high search volume but with low competition. But will writing more and more articles and posting them in Ezine Articles and other article directories improve the situation even if I happen to use keywords that are highly searched and also having a high degree of competition?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[156498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vyliss
    I agree with adding your best content to your website first, then spin them to submit to article directories.

    Work on getting higher CTR, offer them something they can't refuse! Also provide quality content that is helpful but doesn't reveal everything. It takes a bit of practice to find that balance, but the more you write the better you get at it.
    Signature
    ***HOT Get Your Ex Back Product - 100% Commission for a $39-$97 product + Recurring commission***
    Affiliates Wanted! Receive top quality reports, keyword list, step-by-step guide, contests, cash bonus & much more when you JOIN NOW!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[156507].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Razorblade
      Originally Posted by Vyliss View Post

      I agree with adding your best content to your website first, then spin them to submit to article directories.
      Thanks, Vyliss, for joining the discussion.

      What if I don't have a website? Here's the situation: I signed in as a CB affiliate, created my hoplink, bought a domain, then had that domain redirect to my CB hoplink. I then used the TLD in my article resource box to get readers to my CB affiliate sales page.

      Am I doing it right? I got this idea from a veteran IMer too. This is what he advised me to do.

      If what I'm doing is not the right way to go, please advise me on what I should be doing.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[156541].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics