Planned to Quit my $8000+/mo money making strategies because of WarriorForum!

by Aryan
45 replies
Hey Warriors,

This is Aryan (my pen name ). I planned to quit my my $8000+/mo money making strategies because of WarriorForum!

I'm also an Internet Marketer like you. But I do Black hat stuff!

I started making money online by Dec 2007. I bought a website at ebay for $6 and sold it at Digitalpoint for $32. $26 - That was my first profit online! That was the time I came out of my college!

I then joined as a software developer in a small company. In my free time I started learning and trying lot of Internet marketing stuff. (leeched Warriorforum many times).

By end of 2009, I found a Goldmine at a Warcraft Forum. It was using a old version of Phpbb software. I found a database exploit with that forum and got access to the entire user profiles. I was interested only in the emails. I took the entire email database and started emailing them with Warcraft offers from Clickbank.

I sent around 6000 emails which I got from the forum. The conversions were very poor. It was less than 0.10%. But I made $100+. My expenditure was just $6/mo for SMTP servers. Still a good profit %.

I was thinking about increasing the conversions. Some thread at warriorforum told me that having Name in the title and email message will increase the conversion. With forums I can't get the real names.

Where to get Real Name from an Email? - FaceBook!

I built a Bot which will take the email list as input and give me the First name and last name for that email from facebook. Out of 5 emails, there will be 1 in facebook.

With email personalization, and lot of tweaks I'm now achieving more than 6% conversions with emailing!

I quit my fulltime job by January 2010. Only with emailing, my june profit was $8319!

I was attracted into Black hat stuff because of $$. I desperately wanted to quit that. I never emailed anyone in July and this month.

I'm now here before you as a Whitehat Marketer. I learned lot of stuff in the past 2 years. I planned to put them in right way.

I registered at WarriorForum as a War Room member.
I bought an Aweber account!

Planned to get into PPC and Micro Niche SEO.

Looking for your support and advices!

Update:

Thanks for all your kind replies!

I'm already into Whitehat stuff from July second week. I built a review site around a CB product. For my 3 targeted keywords I'm now in Page 1. Only one keyword reached No.2. The earnings last 30 days is $1117. Earnings per visitor comes around $0.45. Once I reach Top 3 for all my keywords I hope the earning will be somewhere around $3K-4K.

I started PPC for the same site yesterday. But received a warning from adwords saying that "Final Warning: Your Google AdWords account has multiple violations". Need to figure out and fix the issue!

Based on my first Clickbank review website, I now have a $3 Million plan around affiliate marketing+SEO.

I learned a lot from fellow warriors just by leeching this forum for around a year (never registered as its not needed to check quality content here...). I got good insight in SEO from here esp from PhilipSEO. His thread about Link Building at Seochat forum is amazing. Today I just read all his posts and threads. He is someone who talks about High Level SEO!

You already know this forum is excellent. There is no need to tell you this again and again. I'm just typing like an amazed kid that got a Candy bar! So please bare me!

Thanks,
Aryan
#making #money #or mo #planned #quit #strategies #warriorforum
  • Profile picture of the author marketguy
    I truly believe you will view this as the best decision you ever made in the long term.
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2494164].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alfred Shelver
    That was Brave to put yourself out there like that I do hope that you get the support that you need and I also hope that you are truly Reformed as I do think that it is the best way.... You sleep better at night welcome to the not Darkside even though there are cloudy days around here but thats life
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2494172].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rock Solid
    Good for you, and now you still know some skills that translate across the board. Welcome aboard!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2494176].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brian Kerr
    This place has tons of info, tons of value, just floating around. Soo many optis.ons to choose from as well. I wish you the best of luck on this new journey and new direction of yours.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2494211].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aryan
    @ marketguy, Cathy Shelver, Rock Solid and Brian Kerr: Thanks for your kind words and support.

    I started looking around War Room. Honestly, I need few weeks to read the stuff in first two pages! WarRoom looks evil to me. Got info on almost every marketing stuff. I'm afraid I can't stay focused!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2494265].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeHumphreys
      Originally Posted by Aryan View Post

      Honestly, I need few weeks to read the stuff in first two pages! WarRoom looks evil to me. Got info on almost every marketing stuff. I'm afraid I can't stay focused!
      That's an easy trap to fall into. Before you know it, all you're doing is student mode and not putting what you already know into action. Trying to study 10 different things at once is like chasing rabbits. The more rabbits you try to chase at once, the more likely you are to catch none of them.

      Pick 1-2 topics at a time... study those until you have a good grip on them... put them into action in your info-product business.

      Here's my "whitehat" advice for you: Use your programming skills to create software and scripts. For your own info-product business and for clients. The client work can give you the steady income to support you while you build your info-product business on the side. As your info-product business grows stronger, you can scale back and even eliminate client work.

      Plenty of very successful info-product marketers have gone this route.

      I suggest studying in this order: how to do market research (i.e. find a niche and what that niche wants/needs), whitehat listbuilding methods, and then basic copywriting. With your programming skills, you might be able to do a barter or just hire a copywriter instead of having to study copywriting yourself.

      Traffic generation is a wide and deep topic. There's a zillion ways to drive traffic. Personally, I use an outsourcing firm to do most of the traffic generating grunt work for me.

      I focus my time on the things that produce the most money for me instead.

      In no particular order of importance, that's copywriting client work, product creation, and writing copy for my own infoproduct business.

      Hope that helps,

      Mike
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2494849].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RNMKR
    The Dark side is powerful, you are both strong and brave to be able to leave.

    I commend you my new WF Brother!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2494864].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DogScout
    Even Darth Vader left the dark side before he died. It is great you didn't have to have your hand cut off and someone try to kill your son before you 'saw the light'. Lol. Good, courageous show.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2494917].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author theemperor
      Aryan,

      You probably look more fetching with your white hat on!

      I'm glad you made this decision. I am getting too much email spam and to have one less spammer out there is a good thing.

      And you made a very wise decision. The pace of change in the white-had world is fast enough. In the black-hat world you've got even bigger pace of change due to companies actively trying to stop you doing what you are doing, using technology and the power of the law.

      Good luck on getting back to $8000 a month from ethical activities, and the beauty is you will probably earn more in the long term by creating value than from stealing people's time and bandwidth by spamming them.
      Signature
      Learn to code faster, and remove the roadblocks. Get stuff done and shipped! PM me and I can help you with programming tutoring, specialising in Web and the following languages: Javascript ~ HTML ~ CSS ~ React ~ JQuery ~ Typescript ~ NodeJS ~ C#.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495275].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author terrapurus
    Nice to see.

    Balance out the karma by doing some free guides to show people how to secure their sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495249].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FJRoy_o
      Aryan - Bravo - and Welcome.

      I agree with those Warriors above that suggested you write a piece for the War Room members about how to secure their sites and information.

      Warmly,

      John
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2578347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author edmltw
    Glad to see that Aryan!

    Now...

    Let's talk a little more regarding your bot
    Signature

    Need A Easy, Drag and Drop Website Creation Platform?
    Click Here To Find Out More

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495274].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen
    Aryan,

    I want to congratulate you on the move to WhiteHat Techniques. Welcome to the Warrior Forum. When you say "leech" the Warrior Forum, I hope you didn't mean "steal WSO's", if you did, it doesn't really matter, because now your a legit member here, and your one of us. Welcome to our side

    Now you have the chance, to make lots of money, with a whitehat technique, and not feel bad at the end of the day

    Caleb
    Signature

    Canadian Expat Living in Medellin, Colombia

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495372].message }}
  • I like the fact that you're thinking out of the box Aryan. Keep on applying that thinking into white hat - creativity is a must-have skill in this business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495377].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ron Douglas
    Originally Posted by Aryan View Post

    Hey Warriors,

    I took the entire email database and started emailing them with Warcraft offers from Clickbank.

    I sent around 6000 emails which I got from the forum. The conversions were very poor. It was less than 0.10%. But I made $100+. My expenditure was just $6/mo for SMTP servers. Still a good profit %.

    I was thinking about increasing the conversions. Some thread at warriorforum told me that having Name in the title and email message will increase the conversion. With forums I can't get the real names.

    Where to get Real Name from an Email? - FaceBook!

    I built a Bot which will take the email list as input and give me the First name and last name for that email from facebook. Out of 5 emails, there will be 1 in facebook.

    With email personalization, and lot of tweaks I'm now achieving more than 6% conversions with emailing!

    I quit my fulltime job by January 2010. Only with emailing, my june profit was $8319!

    I was attracted into Black hat stuff because of $$. I desperately wanted to quit that. I never emailed anyone in July and this month.
    I'm sorry dude, but that's not Black Hat, that's just stealing. Stealing someone's database is a crime and labeling it "Black Hat" doesn't give you an excuse. :rolleyes:

    I'm no Saint, but I feel I have to say this for others thinking about doing what you did.

    I can't believe you would confess that publicly, but I applaud you for realizing it was wrong and now trying to make money honestly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495437].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author addykho
    Warrior Forum is definitely a place to hang around. I guess everyone here agree with me that make money online is not an over night success
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495469].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author excoder01
    Originally Posted by Aryan View Post

    Hey Warriors,

    This is Aryan (my pen name ). I planned to quit my my $8000+/mo money making strategies because of WarriorForum!

    I'm also an Internet Marketer like you. But I do Black hat stuff!

    I started making money online by Dec 2007. I bought a website at ebay for $6 and sold it at Digitalpoint for $32. $26 - That was my first profit online! That was the time I came out of my college!

    I then joined as a software developer in a small company. In my free time I started learning and trying lot of Internet marketing stuff. (leeched Warriorforum many times).

    By end of 2009, I found a Goldmine at a Warcraft Forum. It was using a old version of Phpbb software. I found a database exploit with that forum and got access to the entire user profiles. I was interested only in the emails. I took the entire email database and started emailing them with Warcraft offers from Clickbank.

    I sent around 6000 emails which I got from the forum. The conversions were very poor. It was less than 0.10%. But I made $100+. My expenditure was just $6/mo for SMTP servers. Still a good profit %.

    I was thinking about increasing the conversions. Some thread at warriorforum told me that having Name in the title and email message will increase the conversion. With forums I can't get the real names.

    Where to get Real Name from an Email? - FaceBook!

    I built a Bot which will take the email list as input and give me the First name and last name for that email from facebook. Out of 5 emails, there will be 1 in facebook.

    With email personalization, and lot of tweaks I'm now achieving more than 6% conversions with emailing!

    I quit my fulltime job by January 2010. Only with emailing, my june profit was $8319!

    I was attracted into Black hat stuff because of $$. I desperately wanted to quit that. I never emailed anyone in July and this month.

    I'm now here before you as a Whitehat Marketer. I learned lot of stuff in the past 2 years. I planned to put them in right way.

    I registered at WarriorForum as a War Room member.
    I bought an Aweber account!

    Planned to get into PPC and Micro Niche SEO.

    Looking for your support and advices!

    Update:

    Thanks for all your kind replies!

    I'm already into Whitehat stuff from July second week. I built a review site around a CB product. For my 3 targeted keywords I'm now in Page 1. Only one keyword reached No.2. The earnings last 30 days is $1117. Earnings per visitor comes around $0.45. Once I reach Top 3 for all my keywords I hope the earning will be somewhere around $3K-4K.

    I started PPC for the same site yesterday. But received a warning from adwords saying that "Final Warning: Your Google AdWords account has multiple violations". Need to figure out and fix the issue!

    Based on my first Clickbank review website, I now have a $3 Million plan around affiliate marketing+SEO.

    I learned a lot from fellow warriors just by leeching this forum for around a year (never registered as its not needed to check quality content here...). I got good insight in SEO from here esp from PhilipSEO. His thread about Link Building at Seochat forum is amazing. Today I just read all his posts and threads. He is someone who talks about High Level SEO!

    You already know this forum is excellent. There is no need to tell you this again and again. I'm just typing like an amazed kid that got a Candy bar! So please bare me!

    Thanks,
    Aryan
    I'm with you! J/K!

    Behind every thieves, scammers, spammers, etc....is a nice and kind-heart human being!

    I know plenty of IM gurus back then used BlkHat methods (even Russell Brunson talks about some examples). They made tons of money from borderline sleazy methods but decided to market ethically now. Since they're making good money, they now shift to a true long-term business model to provide honest service for others.

    Every great MASTER was once a DISASTER.

    Some of the top IM gurus may cover up their "dirty dark sided" path in the past, and only present the successful side of them to the public. They now got tons of good followers and made more connections as a result. Some names out there you may be familiar with, but you won't hear about it since it will tarnish their "helpful guru" image.

    Don't worry about it - a lot of Blkhat marketers remain BH, but at least you're seeing the light and learning from your mistakes.

    Goodluck for moving forward.

    You'll be the next IM guru with millions of followers anytime...since you got the best of both world - dark and now bright side!
    Signature
    Affiliate Review Templates - get affiliate review templates every week. No tech or marketing skills required!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495647].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Janice Sperry
    Good for you Aryan. I was very tempted at one time since there was a very easy way to exploit to make money. I am glad I never did any Black Hat. I have no temptation anymore. Even during months that are not as good I still have a clean conscience. I hope you do very well and resist any temptation that might arise in the future.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495694].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495871].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jclz3d
    Great method you have there. Remember to scale it up MASSIVELY.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495974].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sholing
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2495997].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author all4realwithme
    brave guy. if you have been able to make 1k from your new website then its just a matter of time to hit 10k a month. this is very encouraging to people like me that hard work really pays especially in internet marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2496030].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pista05
    Good Story
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2496236].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dean Jackson
    Hahahhahahaha atleast you're honest about it.

    Wish you all the best with your marketing, im sure that you will blow up on the internet. Hell, that story could make the start of an empire.

    - Dean
    Signature
    NEW: CRAZIEST Copywriting offer ever offered on WF
    My top student WILL make your sales go BANANAS!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2496304].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author excoder01
      Originally Posted by xplosivmon View Post

      Hahahhahahaha atleast you're honest about it.

      Wish you all the best with your marketing, im sure that you will blow up on the internet. Hell, that story could make the start of an empire.

      - Dean
      Dude, you'll be surprise some of the IM gurus used to be hardcore spammers and scammers...or at least did something very BLKhat.

      They had to hustle somehow back then, right?

      The difference is now, they do a really good job marketing their successful side and doing things the ethical and honest way now.

      Not every IMers will be brave enough to share their dark past (if they had one), the OP is brave for doing so.
      Signature
      Affiliate Review Templates - get affiliate review templates every week. No tech or marketing skills required!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2496389].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author theory expert
        Banned
        Originally Posted by excoder01 View Post

        Dude, you'll be surprise some of the IM gurus used to be hardcore spammers and scammers...or at least did something very BLKhat.
        They would gasp if someone had a mitchell report of IMers. Don't worry their secret is safe with me
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2498132].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Clayton
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2496566].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Benjamin Ehinger
    This was a very good decision for you to make simply because most of the black hat strategies die off fast or they break some sort of law and it is just a matter of time. There have been other spammers that have been arrested after making millions. White hat is the way to go and there is a lot more money to be made in it than black hat....it just takes longer.

    Benjamin Ehinger
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2497630].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Benjamin Ehinger
    This was a very good decision for you to make simply because most of the black hat strategies die off fast or they break some sort of law and it is just a matter of time. There have been other spammers that have been arrested after making millions. White hat is the way to go and there is a lot more money to be made in it than black hat....it just takes longer.

    Benjamin Ehinger
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2497638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gclunis
    I want to welcome you, I too quit my black hat life when I came to the warrior forum and i'm glad I did. I now see that what I was doing was never going to be long term, and it would never earn me the kind of money I want to earn on a monthly basis.

    Browse the forums, check out some posts, you won't be disappointed

    Gregg
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2497902].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Warren.Richards
    Hey Aryan,

    You are brave, intelligent and truthful. Your confession is an eye-opener for me.

    In recent times i was also thinking to confess something to someone about my IM life.

    I have been doing it since last year. I was trying to sell my articles to a Us based online company who paid upfront for the articles they liked. Being non-US resident, legally I was allowed to do so, but still I needed some money to have my bread n butter.

    Luckily ALMIGHTY LORD showered his blessing o me and I was never able to consume a single penny earned by selling my articles.

    The money got locked in my PayPal account and recently was allowed to withdraw the money. But I realized that illegal money would not contribute to my growth in anyway, and so till date I have not withdrawn a single $ from that account.

    I am feeling light-hearted after confessing this.

    Thanks a lot for your confession that leveraged my guilt and forced me to confess about my wrong-doings right away.

    Though I was planning to confess it anyways, but doing it today will be always better than doing it some other day.

    Warren.
    Signature
    Email CopywriTer
    FREE HIRE For 2 WEEKS
    See The Monies Roll In

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2498226].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author frqhuss
    Hi aryan thats really nice to know and i like to wish you the best for present and future IM plans and ideas...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2498263].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author appiiforum
    I love this forum and is exceedingly wonderful. Although I am just new here, but with time people will get use to me. But I keep meaning to ask, how does warrior forum earn their money. Hmm I have't make any dime online Lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2498853].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sudes16
    Well to be frank i am newbie in internet marketing. And this thread of aryan and post by other warrior encouraged me to work hard and that in a better way. Thnx Aryan.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2577944].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author forfun_cash
    That's a really brave move. Not many would quit their 8000+/mth business! Salute!
    Signature
    WSO: I PROMISE/GUARANTEE you that this will be the LAST WSO you will ever need to purchase!

    Here's the thing. The above may seem too good to be true but all I can say is there isn't even 1% hype or BS in the above sentence. This WILL BE YOUR LAST WSO to purchase.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2578174].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J Bold
    Spammers such as yourself have gone to jail for spamming like this, before. Although for spamming on a massive scale. But, yeah, what you did was a horrible idea. Glad you've decided to change your ways and hope you can make it doing things legally and ethically.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2578248].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Saluki Guy
    Hang in there, you'll figure it out soon enough. It took me awhile too.
    Signature
    There is a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted — all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, And we must take the current when it serves, Or lose our ventures. - Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2578264].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SDenham
    Commendable character trait, humility. I think it's beautiful, and it's usually beautifully rewarded. BEst of luck to you. I'm rooting foryou
    Signature
    http://ReleaseTheWuss.com
    Techniques and tools to increase your Alpha Male energy RIGHT NOW and have more luck with the ladies!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2578304].message }}

Trending Topics