Can I Make A Deposit In Your Bank?

18 replies
Hi Warriors,

I feel like it's time again.

You know that time that comes around every once in a while.

The time when you wonder if people are really buying what they're selling.

That time when you see so many struggling newcomers to the forum who seem to be saying all the right things but not making it happen - until you look closely. You do a double-take on their words and realise that there's a huge hole in their plan. A hole that you know they're probably not even aware is there.

You see it and you think "I'm sure they're not really buying that" and it's what you hope but then you realise - they don't get it. They've jumped into their disillusion so far that they actually can not see the huge hole that their dreams are puring into.

And then you try to think about what you could possible say that could snap them out of it and give them the perspective they need.

But it's not that easy. YOU can never change them, only they can do that, so whatever you're gonna tell them needs to hit them deep and make an impact so that they step back for a second and really take a look from a different place to the one that only shows them what they've seen before.

Is it even possible?

What can you say that they will really hear above the noise?

"snap out of it"? - from their perspective that will sound negative and they'll just feel bad and carry on as before.

"your plan stinks"? - even if it's true won't give anyone reason to feel empowered to change.

"your mindset is wrong"? "you're operating from a limited mindset"? "your thinking is stinking"?

How about... "keep going - stick at it and you'll get success"?

Or "if you work hard enough you'll reach your goals"?

maybe "just look at how far you've come" or "you're already ahead of 90% of regular people"?

What about "just take action - taking regular action will get you there"?

Do YOU buy any of that? Would it make YOU sit up and take notice?


When you get right down to it the right thing to say is different for different people. There is no 'one' right thing to say.

So what do we do?

I believe your mind is like a bank. Except that in general with your bank only you will be making deposits. With your mind - everyone makes deposits. You have people spending millions of dollars a year to get their messages into you mind.

Why do you think people keep pricing things with a 7 in the price? They may not understand it themselves but they're pretty sure it helps smooth out a bump or two in your buying process.

The truth is -YOU decide the meaning of EVERYTHING that goes into your mind.

When you see Frank Kern launch his latest product and see the price tag, you could say "OMG! that price is crazy - no-one in their right mind would buy it and I certainly will not", or you could say "wow - I can't imagine creating something that I would feel ok charging that price for - This guy must be doing something different to me, perhaps he's someone I can learn a lot from".

When you see someone post about how much they made here in the forum you can think:

"yeah - so what, who cares what you make? tell me how I can do it!"

or

"hey - that's amazing! that's exactly what I'm aiming for. I'm really glad it's happening for people and it feels even more doable when I see others getting their too"

So - almost no matter what we say, the only person to decide what it means is the person reading it.

So - yes, people can make negative deposits in your mental bank - but only YOU get to decide whether you keep it and spend it or throw it straight back out.

When people make a positive deposit - YOU get to decide whether to keep it and spend it - or throw it out.

So, if you're new to the forum and you've taken away anything negative from reading what people are saying here - please do yourself a favour and don't accept that for yourself.

If you're new here and you've been inspired by what you've read and what people have shared - please take the opportunity to keep that and let it feed into your mindset for your goals.

I know that nothing I can say will make you decide to take your future seriously and treat your online dreams like you would a real business and that it's only when you deeply feel the reason WHY you want to be successful that you'll really get-it and step up your game, but please allow me to make this one small deposit in your mental state and tell you that YOU CAN DO IT!!!

It IS possible to create a successful business online.

It IS possible to make great money online.

It IS possible to do what you love and get paid well for it.

It IS possible to feel great every day - no matter what life feeds you.

The challenges that life throws your way don't make or break you - they just uncover the real you.

If you're struggling right now and wondering if it's really possible to do well online - give yourself the space to look at what you're doing and ask serious questions about whether your expectations are realistic.

Get 'real' about what you're doing and what you should expect from your actions may just be the thing that turns your results around.

If you're just 'tinkering' and 'hoping' for great results - get real now. Take your dreams seriously. NOW is the only time you have to make different choices and start taking new actions.

No-one gets anywhere worth going by taking it easy and hoping things come together for them.

In fact, most successful people I know work harder than anyone around them, but they take full responsibility for their results. If somethings not working they ask "what can I do about this?". The strugglers ask "who's fault is this?" or "why is this happening to me?".

For every 'failure' - the successful people ask "what feedback is this giving me and how can I do better in the future?" - the strugglers say "this isn't fair", "maybe it's all BS", "maybe I should give up".

The real difference is not in what is possible, or what opportunities are around -we all have a level playing field as far as what we can achieve is concerned.

The difference is in - when things get tough - what does it uncover about you?

Will you step up and make your results happen, or sit back and look for blame and excuses?

If you're not successful - it is YOUR fault. Yes - really. No-one else can control what's going on in your head - and that's the only place that will make any difference to your beliefs. You act in line with what you believe. Your results are based on what action you take.

So, if you're not already doing it - step up and hold yourself accountable for your thoughts, your actions and your results. Get real about it. Look at what's stopping you - and then plan to overcome it.

Do not take no for an answer.

When you make it so that failure is not an option - failure is just feedback - nothing can stop you.

Don't fool yourself that by not getting serious about your online business that you're just protecting yourself from hurt and failure. It's the other way around.

By not taking your business seriously and living everyday like it's going to change your life - you're causing your dreams NOT to happen.

Don't wait for anyone else to tell you what to do or let your business and results rely on anyone else. Only YOU care enough about your goals to do what's required to make them happen.

There are a LOT of great examples of people walking their walk in this forum and online - use that as evidence that it can happen for you. When you see people doing things badly - take that as evidence that some people just don't get it (yet) but then let it slide, don't let the negative stuff stick.

You get what you think about most of the time - what are you thinking about?

To your success
Andy
#bank #deposit #make
  • Profile picture of the author AFI
    Good post. It is definitely possible. My "rags to riches" story is living proof. I mean just 2 months ago I was on welfare and now I'm making $10K a month.

    It's all about mindset and I think that is pretty much summing up your post. I agree wholeheartedly. I KNEW I was going to succeed, I just didn't know when and it happened faster than I thought it would - not that I'm complaining!
    Signature

    Learn about Internet Marketing from my dofollow comment blog.....Make Extra Money At Home...
    I WILL BUILD YOU YOUR OWN CUSTOM AMAZON REVIEW SITE - HUNDREDS SOLD!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3439737].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
      Originally Posted by AFI View Post

      I KNEW I was going to succeed, I just didn't know when and it happened faster than I thought it would
      I think that's one of the keys - expectation is much more powerful than 'hope'.
      Signature

      nothing to see here.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3443628].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AzzamS
      Originally Posted by AFI View Post

      Good post. It is definitely possible. My "rags to riches" story is living proof. I mean just 2 months ago I was on welfare and now I'm making $10K a month.

      It's all about mindset and I think that is pretty much summing up your post. I agree wholeheartedly. I KNEW I was going to succeed, I just didn't know when and it happened faster than I thought it would - not that I'm complaining!
      Did you detail this anywhere for others to read and get inspired?
      Signature
      Download 101 Actions for a Complete Website SEO Technical Audit Sample FREE today and charge clients $$$ with it.
      SEO Case Study: 1.7M Visitors from 27,000 Keywords Click here to read the post .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3444653].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulie888
      Originally Posted by AFI View Post

      Good post. It is definitely possible. My "rags to riches" story is living proof. I mean just 2 months ago I was on welfare and now I'm making $10K a month.

      It's all about mindset and I think that is pretty much summing up your post. I agree wholeheartedly. I KNEW I was going to succeed, I just didn't know when and it happened faster than I thought it would - not that I'm complaining!
      You're living proof of this, Jennifer. Your perception and mindset shape how you think and behave, and that will ultimately shape your outer reality. Of course, many people know this as a fact, but they don't truly believe and display this in their everyday thoughts and actions. As with many things in life, knowing and doing are two completely different things.

      Paul
      Signature
      >>> Features Jason Fladlien, John S. Rhodes, Justin Brooke, Sean I. Mitchell, Reed Floren and Brad Gosse! <<<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3444932].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    You are just a mean person!!! LOL

    As you should be in situations like this. Telling them what they want to hear won't help. And while being mean may not penetrate, it is the closest thing to something that will.

    You have to inflame their emotions to get them riled up to see the error in their ways...
    Signature
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3443745].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
      Originally Posted by tpw View Post

      You are just a mean person!!! LOL

      As you should be in situations like this. Telling them what they want to hear won't help. And while being mean may not penetrate, it is the closest thing to something that will.

      You have to inflame their emotions to get them riled up to see the error in their ways...
      Hey Bill,

      That's sort of what I end up doing.

      For people that know me - they understand my motivations and get progress. For people that don't know me - they think I'm picking on them and wonder why the hell someone told them to come and talk to me

      The thing is - I ask myself the exact same questions and hold myself accountable in the same way.

      When people aren't used to asking themselves important questions they're usually also not used to other people asking them the same ones.

      I run into this even with purely online relationships like JV's. Someone PM'd me before and asked for a JV and told me about their product. When I asked "why did you make this product?" and they said "to make money selling it" - I said I wasn't interested in a JV. This upset them and we went around a cycle of "but this is business - you'll make money if you promote it" and "yes, but I don't promote stuff just because it will make a commission" until they finally realised that I wasn't critising their product - I just care more about WHY someone is doing something than what they're doing. If they created it because it solved a pain for them and they want to share that solution with others who have the same pain - I'm interested. If they made it because they've seen people buying similar stuff - I'm not interested. It's nothing personal - it's just a filter I have for making decisions.

      It's one of those things you learn as you go - when you focus on giving others what they want rather than trying to get what you want - you get a lot more of what you want.

      Andy
      Signature

      nothing to see here.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3443953].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikemcmillan
    Andy said,
    <<The difference is in - when things get tough - what does it uncover about you?>>

    Andy, I know I revert to movies in answers from time to time here. But your statement above reminds me of a line from the movie Starman with Jeff Bridges as the 'alien among us' and Karen Allen as Jenny, the human trying to get him back to his mother ship before the military arrives.

    In a restaurant in the Western U.S. the Starman explains to a friend of Jenny's that his people have traveled to Earth before to observe humans. He said that they have learned from humans because they found that what is best about humans is revealed when conditions around them are at their worst.

    I think, (hope) that this is part of what you are alluding to. When we watch people do things that come easily and effortlessly to them, we learn little about the true character of the person.

    But when we watch creative, talented people struggle with problems that confront them... at times like these their true character is sometimes revealed.

    Same with IM I think. When the going gets tough, many will give up. Others will struggle in a trial and error vortex and the eventual outcome is hard to predict.

    Others will use the gifts they were given, the precious gifts we all were given: logic, reasoning, inference, and most important--the ability to act appropriately on the decisions we reach.

    When you talked about being honest and critical of methods your students are using to make money online, it is a lot like raising children. One can take the path of trying to be their best friend and never challenging them on their actions, or--taking the role of a teacher and providing them with lessons in life even if those lessons are not what they want to deal with at the time.

    It's hard to tell people the truth when they don't want to hear it. Like others have said before, "It's hard to reason people out of positions they have never reasoned themselves into."

    Sometimes rather than slapping an an unpleasant truth in someone's face, a dialectic approach of unraveling untruths they have to eventually allow them to see the truth that lies within can help them uncover a successful road to take. Theoretical? Sure, but it can work if done properly. But I would never tell someone a lie because that's what they want to hear. The truth, no matter how unpleasant and unsettling it may be is surely the best path to take. --Mike
    Signature

    I'll help you create a reputation-building evergreen product in any niche and launch it successfully!
    Check it out here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3444184].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
      Hey Mike - Definitely.

      This forum is a great example in many ways.

      There are a LOT of members here who have no idea just how amazing this place is.

      If you come here and treat it as a bucket of fish to shoot to try and squeeze out a few sales because you don't really know how to market properly in the world in general you completely miss the real value here.

      When the chips are down this forum's community shines.

      There are have many instances of members struggling and this community coming together to support them.

      It's easy to do the right thing when you don't have to leave your comfort zone.

      Unfortunately - being honest with yourself about your dreams and whether you're actually doing what you know is required puts a lot of people outside their comfort zone.

      You're dead right also in that - the first version of something people get is the one that sticks the best, so if they've already decided that they won't succeed online and that IMers are all lying fakers then they're going to be much more open to any evidence that supports that reality and miss most evidence that doesn't.

      And misery loves company, so just at the times when they need a reality check, they'll come to the forum and look for fellow sufferers to agree with their feelings of being victim of the negative behaviour of others.

      That would be one thing if it only affected them, but when you have generally positive people also seeing all that and getting negatively impacted, the implications are much further reaching.

      You can't find a diamon without digging through some dirt - some people just see the dirt, some people understand that dirt is always the way to a diamond.

      Andy
      Signature

      nothing to see here.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3444633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mo Goulet
    I heard Bob Proctor once say he reads Think and Grow Rich everyday and has been doing do for at least 30 years. I must admit that over the years I've skimmed through the book several times but last year I made the decision to really read it and follow Napoleon Hill's instructions in the book and like he said, things begin happening so fast you start wondering where it all was hiding before.

    Thanks Andy.

    Have you notice certain people will begin to avoid you and you actually attract a whole different circle of friends once you take control?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3444670].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
      Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

      Hi Warriors,

      You get what you think about most of the time - what are you thinking about?

      To your success
      Andy
      Originally Posted by proapc View Post

      I heard Bob Proctor once say he reads Think and Grow Rich ?
      as a person thinks so are they - you have the power to choose what you think

      a good post, many people are busy trying every new thing that pops out of a shiny box instead of just finishing what they started.
      Signature

      .

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3445446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PetterHedman
    This place is great!
    I love this Forum!
    So many different people!

    Thanx for sharing Your ideas!

    Petter
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3444900].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LauraJames
    Thank you for posting this. Definitely helpful. A major factor in my success is mindset. By this I mean having the firm belief, and absolute certainty, that I would succeed. I am grateful beyond measure for my abilities and blessings.
    Signature

    Chief Executive Officer
    Best Designed Blogs
    Based in Canada and the USA
    None of our work is outsourced

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3445010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ernie Lo
    Thanks Andy for another well thought out post.

    You know you and I speak quite regularly on skype and you certainly have a unique way of grilling me and asking the right questions in order to help me.

    Your approach is very effective and appreciated.

    I must say words alone can very rarely change another person. They need to hear them at the right moment for them to become effective and produce change.

    That is why it's important to keep sharing wisdom and motivation like your post for example, because it CAN make a difference.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3445353].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxsi
    Study, learn, apply, analize and verify...

    Successful results depend by your mind and your actions. If you plan your goals and you think that you can reach them, then you are just 1 step away to reach your success.

    It's what I think about Success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3445437].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    If you're struggling right now and wondering if it's really possible to do well online - give yourself the space to look at what you're doing and ask serious questions about whether your expectations are realistic.

    Get 'real' about what you're doing and what you should expect from your actions may just be the thing that turns your results around.

    If you're just 'tinkering' and 'hoping' for great results - get real now. Take your dreams seriously. NOW is the only time you have to make different choices and start taking new actions.

    No-one gets anywhere worth going by taking it easy and hoping things come together for them.

    In fact, most successful people I know work harder than anyone around them, but they take full responsibility for their results. If somethings not working they ask "what can I do about this?". The strugglers ask "who's fault is this?" or "why is this happening to me?".
    Excellent post Andy. It brought back a lot of memories for me. I'll never, ever forget what it was like back in 1999 when I first got started. I was wide-eyed and really believed I could make six figures in 3 days. Ok, ok, in 3 weeks, but hey......

    You're right. People CAN do this. Sometimes people have to take a step back and really take a hard look at what they are doing and what they aren't doing. For me I was putting in 12-14 hour days and literally getting nowhere because none of the actions I was taking were profit-orientated. I spent time learning web design, I spent time in forums, I spent time tinkering with this and that, and I spent a lot of time reading.

    I neglected having a plan, a product mix, and promoting my business. It took me almost a year to finally "get it" and began focusing on the things that would not only make me money, but also make my business grow. And you're right about working hard (and smart). Every single successful marketer I know worked their tails off when they first got started. And some of us still do, though now it's by choice.

    Solid post. What a nice thing to wake up to this morning.

    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3445466].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
      Originally Posted by Rod Cortez View Post

      It took me almost a year to finally "get it" and began focusing on the things that would not only make me money, but also make my business grow.

      RoD
      Me too Rod.

      My first ebook took me 3 months to write and I made about $1000 selling it. I thought that was a lot at the time when I was still getting used to sales coming in, but I could've made more money just by working for minimum wage in a fast food chain.

      We sometimes delude ourselves to the point that we are literally blind to the underlying fault with our plans.

      This is the major reason that people who are just 'trying' IM out never really get it to take off. They're not completely onboard with their plan and they know it at some level so they don't burn their bridges and always allow themselves the get out clause of "well at least I tried" when in fact they never really believed they could succeed in the first place, but wanted to be able to blame anything but themselves for not changing their life.

      When your thinking is toxic like this you'll never achieve your dreams because dreams lay outside of your comfort zone and require that you push yourself past your usual barriers that keep you in your comfort zone.

      Andy
      Signature

      nothing to see here.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3445734].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
        Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

        Me too Rod.

        My first ebook took me 3 months to write and I made about $1000 selling it. I thought that was a lot at the time when I was still getting used to sales coming in, but I could've made more money just by working for minimum wage in a fast food chain.

        We sometimes delude ourselves to the point that we are literally blind to the underlying fault with our plans.

        This is the major reason that people who are just 'trying' IM out never really get it to take off. They're not completely onboard with their plan and they know it at some level so they don't burn their bridges and always allow themselves the get out clause of "well at least I tried" when in fact they never really believed they could succeed in the first place, but wanted to be able to blame anything but themselves for not changing their life.

        When your thinking is toxic like this you'll never achieve your dreams because dreams lay outside of your comfort zone and require that you push yourself past your usual barriers that keep you in your comfort zone.

        Andy
        So very true. I actually didn't start making any consistent profits until I took 100% accountability for all my failures and successes. During my first 6-8 months I blamed outside forces for my failures. I blamed all the IM products that I bought. I even blamed a very nice Warrior who tried helping for my failures (I later apologized and thanked him for his time and wrote some content for him).

        Today there's 100x more infoproducts then there were back in 1999. The information overload can be quite insidious. It definitely takes discipline to keep oneself focused. What worked for me was writing done specifically what I needed to get accomplished and then creating a basic plan. With that basic business plan, I would have jumped all over the place. Well, I did jump all over the place during my first year and it literally killed any momentum I had started.

        Once I concentrated on ONE thing, turned it into a profit stream, was when it all really turned around for me. Putting the TV in the closet was a big one too. I also stopped hanging around people who were negative and/or unsupportive of my goals. Hanging around other action-minded entrepreneurs is a great way to staying focused. I've made many friends in this very forum over the years.

        I definitely had to push way outside my comfort zone to get to the point where I quit my job.

        RoD
        Signature
        "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
        - Jim Rohn
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3446489].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author patadeperro
    Andy:

    I did no really understand your post before, I just to read them and think :"Men, this guy is too harsh", but with the time I have understand that you were not mean, you were trying to say:"hey kid, get real, this is not the guy to go, this is not good stuff"

    This post made me understand your true motivations on many posts and I truly thank you for sharing this.

    Thank you very much
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3445740].message }}

Trending Topics