I am an affiliate marketer but the current google algorithm updates affected my income. An opportunity came two days ago, a friend of mine referred me to someone who owns a beach resort who wants a simple website for their Resort.
This is not the first time, someone asked me to create a website for their company maybe because when friends asked me about my work, to make things easy I just told them I am a webmaster. Last year a friend of mine also asked me to create a website for their company but it didn't materialize, because maybe they are not too serious. And that time I was also hesitant because I haven't experienced creating websites for other people. I doubted my capability as I am just an internet marketer and not a professional webdesigner. I just use Frontpage, blogger or Wordpress to create my landing page.
Anyway with my situation now, I need to accept this new opportunity. The client is really interested because last night she called my friend and was asking how much and said she needs to talk to me by tomorrow. Maybe because it is summer time here that is why they are such in a hurry. I think I need to come up with a quotation by tomorrow and I do not know how to go about it.
I have few questions, that I need your help:
1. What about the hosting and domain? I am paying a hosting service for my own websites but of course I cannot use that on this project because eventually I am going to endorse the website to the customer and I do not want to give them access to my cpanel with all my websites sitting there. What is your advice here?
2. My plan is to use a premium Wordpress theme. Is it OK to use WP as a commercial website? Any suggestion on the best and not so expensive Premium WP theme?
3. How about support and maintenance service? I do not know what are the usual terms or conditions here.
-For instance, free updates, maintenance for 3 months after endorsement and after 3 months I will charge for the maintenance and updates?
- Or is it a good idea to teach them to update in WP admin area? But of course when it comes to Cpanel, it is impossible that they will not ask assistance from me, so do I need to charge?
4. With WP as the platform, how do you usually came up with the total contract price?
-Is it 50% of the total price goes to hosting, domain name, premium theme, contents writing (if needed) and 50% of the total price goes to your labor and services?
Sorry for these questions, I have no one to ask but people around here. This is my first time to accept a project like this and I would like to try but do not want the customer to suffer. I want to give value to what they pay for and of course I want to try a new source of income with my acquired skills as an affiliate marketer in these trying times.
My sincere thanks to all of you.