Clickbank have released new Vendor Promotional Messaging Guidelines

15 replies
Here is the link to the new guidelines:

Vendor Promotional Messaging Guidelines

Hopefully this will limit some of the seemingly fake sales letters that we have had to endure over the past year or so...

Regards

James Harkin
#clickbank #guidelines #messaging #promotional #released #vendor
  • Profile picture of the author RAMarketing
    If they actually enforce it; but I hope that you're right.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4426033].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hishaman
    Originally Posted by James_Harkin View Post

    Hopefully this will limit some of the seemingly fake sales letters that we have had to endure over the past year or so...
    I really like their new guidlines, and I hope the same!
    Signature

    I've developed the WordPress Rich Snippets plugin to help you markup your content with different types of schema.org markups and get rich snippets for rating stars to show in Google's SERPs.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4435268].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author garyv
    I think that their payment processors are making them do this in order to comply w/ the FTC. I'm willing to bet that the enforcement on these will be strict.

    The thing is, there's a lot of bait and switch that goes on at CB. Vendors will get a product approved, and then once the account and url are approved the vendor will switch it out. So the only way that Clickbank knows about it is if someone reports it to them. That's the hazards of having such a big operation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4435294].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
      Your right, but CB will be checking vendor pages after they are approved.

      Perhaps I can finely associate myself with CB and start offering my products via them, so I'm glad they are cleaning up.

      Originally Posted by garyv View Post

      I think that their payment processors are making them do this in order to comply w/ the FTC. I'm willing to bet that the enforcement on these will be strict.

      The thing is, there's a lot of bait and switch that goes on at CB. Vendors will get a product approved, and then once the account and url are approved the vendor will switch it out. So the only way that Clickbank knows about it is if someone reports it to them. That's the hazards of having such a big operation.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4435381].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author garyv
        Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

        Your right, but CB will be checking vendor pages after they are approved.

        Perhaps I can finely associate myself with CB and start offering my products via them, so I'm glad they are cleaning up.
        It would take CB forever to check every vendor page that is out there. Just think about it, they've had people approving pages all day every day for a decade or more. It would take them years just to browse through them all.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4435485].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author thehermitvi
          Actually, they will probably check the sales pages for products that have a high return rate and get complaints.

          It will be interesting to see what happens to all the sales pages that specialize in "instant ClickBank fortunes" that have all the screen shots of them making millions in their ClickBank account.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4435526].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author garyv
            Originally Posted by thehermitvi View Post

            Actually, they will probably check the sales pages for products that have a high return rate and get complaints.

            It will be interesting to see what happens to all the sales pages that specialize in "instant ClickBank fortunes" that have all the screen shots of them making millions in their ClickBank account.
            Actually Clickbank already had a rule that you can't use clickbank screenshots unless they're yours, and they're real.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4435566].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
          They WILL be checking the pages. They are responsible.

          Don't make the assumption that because they their are 1000's+ pages that they won't be checking on them. They are all in a database and it just takes a simple script to data-mine for key signals, then when a signal is triggered they'd institute a human review.

          Vendors, don't fool yourselves. You will get caught if you try and beat the system.

          Originally Posted by garyv View Post

          It would take CB forever to check every vendor page that is out there. Just think about it, they've had people approving pages all day every day for a decade or more. It would take them years just to browse through them all.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4435592].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author GlenH
            I'm definitely glad CB are finally doing something to weed out the serial 'cowboys'.

            Let's hope they really do police it.

            --Glen
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4435718].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author GarrieWilson
            Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

            They are all in a database and it just takes a simple script to data-mine for key signals, then when a signal is triggered they'd institute a human review.
            No they aren't. They have the one approved when you opened and that's it. I have one account w/ 400ish products. They have the download pages and that's it.

            Now, they could do a referral checking on orders and store that but that would't even tell a lot of the sales letters. Some of mine are in ebooks.
            Signature
            Screw You, NameCheap!
            $1 Off NameSilo Domain Coupons:

            SAVEABUCKDOMAINS & DOLLARDOMAINSAVINGS
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4435983].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author tigertale
              I want to put a new video on my product and change the sales letter a lot.
              I've looked over the guidelines.

              But I can not figure out where to send for approval of an existing clickbank product.

              I sent in a support ticket, but no answer yet.
              Signature

              Worried about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome? CarpalTunnelMaster.com

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4482949].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Neox84
                Hi guys,

                excuse me, but the new guidelines are only releated to vendors or also to affiliates?

                thank you!
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4491681].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AllanWM
    Bravo!

    Hopefully it will truly be an end to these crazy sales videos with the strippers, super-star gurus and the 'I don't care if you are here' comments.

    Enforcement and follow-through will be key.

    -Allan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4435757].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author espe
    I knew this day was coming, there were soo many fake videos out there, hopefully new IMers wont get scammed!

    and of course people at JVNotifyPro 2.0 · Joint Venture (JV) Lists, Announcements, Blogs, And Community Forums. will be out of the game soon..

    my words to them : peace out b*tches


    ~sp
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4435940].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Neox84
    anyone has the answer?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4493500].message }}

Trending Topics