How build a massive mailing list quickly and for free

by JimFIX
48 replies
Hi guys, I am thinking to start building a mailing list IM niche, any tips how to start it for free?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks much!
#build #free #list #mailing #massive #quickly
  • Profile picture of the author Steve McBride
    Quickly and free are two words that don't often go together in IM. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4469889].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SteveJohnson
      Originally Posted by Steve McBride View Post

      Quickly and free are two words that don't often go together in IM. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth.
      I beg to differ.

      Just check the WSO board
      Signature

      The 2nd Amendment, 1789 - The Original Homeland Security.

      Gun control means never having to say, "I missed you."

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4482076].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webmaster1742
    Originally Posted by JimFIX View Post

    Hi guys, I am thinking to start building a mailing list IM niche, any tips how to start it for free?
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks much!
    hi JimFX.
    In my point of view - aweber is the best for email marketing.


    3 easy methods to create a mailing list for free.

    1) Video Marketing - You should not underestimate the power of a quick video on the subject you choose. There are thousands of people who use videos for information and entertainment alike. You are able to talk about the subjects you like in a relaxed and easy manner. The best part of this marketing technique is that you can build a report with your viewers as they get used to seeing your face and hearing your voice. They will come to think of your as a trusted and familiar person. They will be more apt to do business with you as a person instead of an unknown company entity as you generate leads.

    2) Article Marketing - Article marketing is one of the best ways to attract customers to you. You can be considered the expert in the field if you take the time to write about the various aspects of your industry. You can also take the time to answer common questions your run into all of the time. This will set you apart from you competitors.

    3) Blogging - A good blog site can get you much closer to your reader. They have the opportunity to look at a lot of different posts and videos that you have created. They are all in the same place and available to them. You can also get more interaction through comments and guest submissions and create a mailing list for free. A blog site is also a great place to capture their information for your list. Offer them a free gift in exchange for their information.

    You can create a mailing list for free very easily. The trick is to get an education in the internet marketing strategies that will bring massive amounts of people to you. You will quickly stop hunting for customers as they are now hunting for your and the products or services you offer. You must take the time to learn how to market the right way to find leads. I solid training program and a decent mentor can help.

    I hope this helps...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4469908].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lakshaybehl
      Originally Posted by webmaster1742 View Post

      hi JimFX.
      In my point of view - aweber is the best for email marketing.


      3 easy methods to create a mailing list for free.

      1) Video Marketing - You should not underestimate the power of a quick video on the subject you choose. There are thousands of people who use videos for information and entertainment alike. You are able to talk about the subjects you like in a relaxed and easy manner. The best part of this marketing technique is that you can build a report with your viewers as they get used to seeing your face and hearing your voice. They will come to think of your as a trusted and familiar person. They will be more apt to do business with you as a person instead of an unknown company entity as you generate leads.

      2) Article Marketing - Article marketing is one of the best ways to attract customers to you. You can be considered the expert in the field if you take the time to write about the various aspects of your industry. You can also take the time to answer common questions your run into all of the time. This will set you apart from you competitors.

      3) Blogging - A good blog site can get you much closer to your reader. They have the opportunity to look at a lot of different posts and videos that you have created. They are all in the same place and available to them. You can also get more interaction through comments and guest submissions and create a mailing list for free. A blog site is also a great place to capture their information for your list. Offer them a free gift in exchange for their information.

      You can create a mailing list for free very easily. The trick is to get an education in the internet marketing strategies that will bring massive amounts of people to you. You will quickly stop hunting for customers as they are now hunting for your and the products or services you offer. You must take the time to learn how to market the right way to find leads. I solid training program and a decent mentor can help.

      I hope this helps...
      I am sorry... are you actually saying it's easy to create a MASSIVE email list of subscribers QUICKLY by using FREE methods like articles, videos and blogs?

      I tried that in 2008... didn't work for me. Didn't work for 9 of my mastermind group members then. This is 2011.

      I am sorry to say- this is bad advice.

      1. Quickly
      2. Massive/ High quality
      3. Free

      Choose any two...

      -Lakshay

      P.S. Why not pay for a list if you can convert some of those people?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4495559].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jonas B
    If you want to do it properly, you'll have to invest money into a mailing service and optionally have to offer something special for which people want to give you their email adress.

    Good luck!
    Signature
    Proud owner of the most flexible mobile app builder. Check it out at http://bit.ly/hybrica!
    Mobile Web Expert & Android Developer
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4469922].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rowanman28
    I use the wp autoresponder plugin which is free. It's been slow going, but The site's a month old, and I have five subscribers. As I make more posts, all of whih have the subsribe form in the sidebar, I'm sure I'll get more signups per week. I've started doing doing the You Tube videos, and the articles, and I expect the free traffic will grow over time.
    Signature
    Social Media Marketing Services
    Custom Facebook page design, Facebook Ads management, Facebook likes, Twitter followers, Google Plus, Instagram, social sharing, SEO, content production, video production, whatever you want.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4470663].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JimFIX
      Originally Posted by rowanman28 View Post

      I use the wp autoresponder plugin which is free. It's been slow going, but The site's a month old, and I have five subscribers. As I make more posts, all of whih have the subsribe form in the sidebar, I'm sure I'll get more signups per week. I've started doing doing the You Tube videos, and the articles, and I expect the free traffic will grow over time.
      Thanks, I appreciate your advice.
      Looking for more productive tactics... I would appreciate if somebody esle share a few tips.
      Thanks much guys
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471258].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author drumguru69
    build a squeeze page and drive traffic to it...
    give something of quality away as an incentive...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471367].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adam Svacina
      Originally Posted by drumguru69 View Post

      build a squeeze page and drive traffic to it...
      give something of quality away as an incentive...


      This post is short but, it gives you the info. Watch out for buying a list from someone - this is not legal and it could bring you a lot of problems.

      If you want to own a good list, it will take some time to build, but once you have it big enough, it will bring you a good profits. If your content is high quality one and it helps to your subscribers/users and your site will be viral, you will get tons of traffic = subscribers

      You can also use some good quality free tools to get higher opt-in rate - which is something that will help you to grow your list faster !


      Adam
      Signature
      Are you tired of your e-mail address looking like this john.b._69@_yahoo.com??
      Have a look at MarvelousMail.com and you may get you personalised e-mail from 1$/month (hosting included)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471421].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sunshiney
        Hello,
        I am interested in building a good list also.
        I have tried a few things, yes it is a slow process and i do believe it
        will be successful.

        sunshiney
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471512].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author filippot51
        I tell you this by my experience on one of my site i offer a FREE ebook for subscribers to my mail list.Well i had on my website 1800 visits ,you know how many people subscribed?????? 1 yes you read well ONE person. the book is free and is interesting and has a value of 15 dollars i got it for 5 bucks and I can resell it of course.I frankly do not know why NOONE subscribed.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471522].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author dogmachris
          Originally Posted by filippot51 View Post

          I tell you this by my experience on one of my site i offer a FREE ebook for subscribers to my mail list.Well i had on my website 1800 visits ,you know how many people subscribed?????? 1 yes you read well ONE person. the book is free and is interesting and has a value of 15 dollars i got it for 5 bucks and I can resell it of course.I frankly do not know why NOONE subscribed.

          Then You're doing something wrong, definitely!

          My worst one has only about 100 daily visitors and I get about 3 daily opt-ins from that.
          Signature
          Wanna Rank Top Spot On Big "G" For Product Keywords?

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471546].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author filippot51
            tell me what im doing wrong please i have a beautiful picture 3d of the book and i say clearly FREE 16 dollars ebook for subscribers to my mailing list
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471581].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author phpdevrus
              Originally Posted by filippot51 View Post

              tell me what im doing wrong please i have a beautiful picture 3d of the book and i say clearly FREE 16 dollars ebook for subscribers to my mailing list
              is your page designed like a good / great squeeze page or is your mailing list optin on the side?

              i think you need to describe the benefits of the free ebook and why they need it. a beautiful picture and a value doesnt really work. in your copy you can describe a problem and solution in your niche. hopefully your product can either be a better solution or a step by step guide to solving the problem.

              my suggestion for you, if you have cash is buy one of the WSOs on killer squeeze pages and improve your copy.

              good luck.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471658].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author filippot51
                i do not use any squeeze page,the opt in is on the side of my webpage in good location i say free ebook for subscribers and then under that there is my ebook offert .I dont have those kind of pages that traps you forever with such things are you sure you wnna leave and those things.May be this is my mistake? Thanks for help.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471721].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author myob
                  You can absolutely build massive mailing lists quickly and for free. I am not in the IM niche, but this method perhaps may work for you as well. Most of my marketing is in some of the most hotly competitive niches, and my system generates massive lists totalling an average 48,000+ daily. It has nothing to with keywords or ranking, because none of my sites can even show up in the SERPs due to such intense competition.

                  All I do is write articles of interest directed at my prospects and submit them to targeted ezine publishers, relevant blogs, and even offline outlets such as magazines, trade journals, professional newsleters, newspapers, etc. This results in highly targeted traffic with conversions as high as 31%. What perhaps may work in similar fashion is to write articles for the IM niche in publications they read.

                  There are not just ezine publishers and relevant blogs/websites, but there are numerous offline magazines as well such as Home Business Magazine, Business Opportunities Magazine, Success Magazine, Small Business Success, Home Business Connection etc. Take a look at magazines.com to get an idea of some other publications to submit articles. Also, nearly all mass market magazines have a classiifed section for small business opportunities.

                  Magazines do have a high rejection rate for article submissions, but one article (or a few ads - not free but also powerfully effective) may result in thousands of highly convertable targeted visitors.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471758].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dogmachris
    There are some ways, but only if you put a lot of effort into it. And you have to be lucky as hell.

    Let me give you a short idea, of how you could do this:

    1. Set up a squeeze page to give away a free report in return for opt-ins

    2. Research keywords with low competition related to that report and start writing content on the topic using those keywords.

    3. Set up a blog and post that content regularly.

    4. provide a link to your free report on the bottom of each blog post.

    5. People will start finding your content, hopefully click through your link, and opt into your list for getting a free report.

    Now this system still works for sure, if you set it up correctly, BUT it is not by definition a fast way, it is a free way, no question, but you have to be incredibly lucky to get more than a couple of daily opt-ins usindg this technique - at least at the beginning.

    Of course, if you manage to pull thousands of readers to your blog, you will also experience much higher amounts od daily opt-ins but don't bet your luck
    Signature
    Wanna Rank Top Spot On Big "G" For Product Keywords?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ethan Zammit
    Originally Posted by JimFIX View Post

    Hi guys, I am thinking to start building a mailing list IM niche, any tips how to start it for free?
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks much!

    You can go to icontact.com they give you have nice free subscribtion for mailing lists with free form generator so you add it to your niche site. Find good key word to optimize for, add content, build backlinks and this will then entice people to sign up for your newsletter on your page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author savvybizbuilder
    Offer an interesting freebies for them to give you their email add.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471610].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author phpdevrus
    i personally think that the IM niche is going to be hard for you since you are new to this. however, if you wanted to spend the least amount of money, i would target low competition, high traffic keywords that you could easily rank in the serps for. i would then create a site with unique content + a squeeze page. you will either have to offer something of value in your newsletter series or give away a product that they cant turn down.

    the im niche definitely has it appeal in terms of the number of products you can market but it is definitely one of the more difficult niches to enter.

    interesting thoughts for you to try on the warriorforum:
    -in the WSOs being offered here most require you to opt in to receive the product you bought but you have to create a product ppl want
    -warriors are giving away free content, some of which is crap but the copy sells and requires you to opt in to download as well, but you have to create that report
    *if you can create some great products or free reports, your list will definitely grow

    good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471621].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mailing List
    I agree with other members that building a list can be a tough job. More often than not, you can buy a good mailing list from a reliable list broker. But, if you want to test your mettle in this list building, here are my suggestions. Put a resources page in your website. Before a visitor can download anything, first demand their contact information, then send to their email address the requested material. Another thing is to explores social networking sites, like FB and Linkedin. Check their profiles and include them on your data bank.


    Thanks,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4476682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JSProjects
    Originally Posted by JimFIX View Post

    Hi guys, I am thinking to start building a mailing list IM niche, any tips how to start it for free?
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks much!
    Doing what you're doing right now.

    Find a handful of niche related forums and start posting. You'll be surprised how much traffic you can generate through your signature. And it's incredibly targeted traffic, too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4481547].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author halfpoint
      Fabian Tan has a pretty solid list building WSO that he gives away for free.

      The fastest and best way to do so is probably by purchasing solo ad's over and over again.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4481731].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kate C
        The best way to do this would be to give away free stuff in exchange for their name and email. Make a very good first impression by delivering ecxellent quality stuff so that they want to stay on your mailing list and get more of that. The free things you give away can be a training course, report, ebook or software and have an opt in to get them to the freebies. Make it simple, like just first name and email. People hate to fill in long forms and to give out too much information. fI your give-away is crappy, they will just unsubscribe as soon as they receive it so make it worthwhile for them.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4482005].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zeus66
    Fast? Solo ads, PPC, ad swapping on steroids. Expect to spend money up front, but if you're smart about it you can recoup some or all of the expenses using OTO's and/or upsells on the download page of your offers.

    Before you do any of this, my advice is to have at least a few things lined up in the way of paid offers. You don't want your list going "stale" while you frantically try to find good offers to send them. Get your ducks in a row before you start building the list. It's a common mistake.

    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4482419].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zeus66
    Sorry, just realized the OP was asking about free only. It can be done if you really pour a lot of time/effort into driving traffic through forum sigs, article marketing, video marketing, and ad swaps. The ad swaps obviously won't be an option at first, but once you get to just a few hundred from the other methods, you can crank the swapping up big-time and grow your list fast.

    If you go free, just remember that your time has a value as well. It costs you just like spending money does.

    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4482461].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author handy
    I think the key is to think about how you can be different from everyone else in the IM niche - it's a very competitive space.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4483320].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tristatemedia
    here is my tip: and a great one but it is not free:
    learn and earn:
    GET A COACH FOR A FEW MONTHS, I WORKED WITH 5 COACHES AND SOME ARE TERRIBLE AND SOME ARE GREAT AND AWESOME.
    DO NOT SIGN UP WITH A COACH THAT TELLS YOU PICK A TOPIC AND ASK ME ANYTHING YOU WANT.................NO...NO...RUN FOR THE HELLS................
    YOU WANT A COACH THAT WILL GIVE YOU DAILY HOMEWORK AND TEACH YOU THROUGH VIDEO....THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST AND YOU WILL LEARN ALOT.
    best of luck, pm me if you need further info
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4483442].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SPMassie
      This is very simple. Here's what you do.

      1. Create a report of interest to your target market. Make sure it gives a lot of quality information. Make it a great report.
      2. Sell it using digiresults for $5 to $20, depending on how much you feel its worth. Give affiliates 100% Commissions.
      3. Once people buy send them to a squeeze page and get them to optin

      It's that simple. This is great because you will have list of buyers instead of a list of a bunch of freebie seekers, and you will able to get a ton ofaffiliates with 100% commissions.

      You will have a steady stream of buyers being added to your list and you have to pay a dime.

      Now when you are ready to start making money create another more expensive product and sell it on the back end. Thats how you get rich online.

      Don't do the same thing everyone else is doing. You need to think outside the box because that is where the fortunes are made.

      Goodluck
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4483902].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Targeted Traffic
    Found your market already? If not Find that Market...Understand that Market... then create a good quality Lead magnet. If you are planning to set up a real and promising business, fast & free way may not be a guarantee.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4484243].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BlairBarnes
    I think constantcontact is free for up to 500 members of your list. That could get you started for sure. Just make sure to be original and to give GREAT content. Do not recommend crappy affiliate products to your list just to make money, people will get pissed and unsubscribe from you. You gotta take care of that list once you get one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4484259].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author arkhamindustries
    I will be keeping a close eye on this page. I am pretty focused on my amazon sites right now but once those are more established and earning more ( they are still extremely new right now), I would like to learn more about list building.

    I am thinking about maybe starting a list in the find employment niche.
    not really job listing but things you can do to work for yourself to make money. IM included but also other things as well. I am sure you have seen lists like that on the internet about 101 things you can do to make money or the E-book "20 ways to make $100 a day"

    I dont mean to hijack the OP thread but this seems relevant. Any thoughts as to if this might work?

    My thoughts are with the current economy, it might work pretty well even if I have some stiff competition. Im not trying to be the top dog or make millions. Just a small slice of pie will do nicely for me! At least while I am learning
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4485982].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BlairBarnes
      I think it could work very well...but you are right, you will have a lot of competition. One good thing about competition though...it means there is money to be made...otherwise nobody would be doing it!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4488011].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author XGenius
    Hey Guys,

    First, it's important to understand that there is no such thing as "free" - if it's not costing you money it's taking your time. So there's really no such thing as "quickly AND for free"...

    You will either need to invest some time or some money to build a list. Anyone who tells you differently is misleading you and trying to sell you something. Period.

    There are 5 components to building your email list:

    1. Squeeze Page
    2. Bribe
    3. Opt-in Form
    4. Autoresponder
    5. Traffic

    Here's an example of a quality squeeze page: ASBFree.com/secret

    I set this one up to debunk all the lies and false promises that are being spread in IM lately.

    If you opt-in there you'll be taken through all 5 components listed above in free step-by-step video tutorials. Plus you'll get the debunking the "magic button" myth video, too.

    Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions...
    Signature

    Best Regards,

    Dustin Struckman

    PS I can help you CloseDeals like a Pro!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4488015].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author arkhamindustries
      Originally Posted by IMGenius View Post

      Hey Guys,

      First, it's important to understand that there is no such thing as "free" - if it's not costing you money it's taking your time. So there's really no such thing as "quickly AND for free"...

      You will either need to invest some time or some money to build a list. Anyone who tells you differently is misleading you and trying to sell you something. Period.

      There are 5 components to building your email list:

      1. Squeeze Page
      2. Bribe
      3. Opt-in Form
      4. Autoresponder
      5. Traffic

      Here's an example of a quality squeeze page: ASBFree.com/secret

      I set this one up to debunk all the lies and false promises that are being spread in IM lately.

      If you opt-in there you'll be taken through all 5 components listed above in free step-by-step video tutorials. Plus you'll get the debunking the "magic button" myth video, too.

      Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions...
      That was a great video series. Thank you for posting it
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4489022].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author XGenius
        Originally Posted by arkhamindustries View Post

        That was a great video series. Thank you for posting it
        You're very welcome!
        Signature

        Best Regards,

        Dustin Struckman

        PS I can help you CloseDeals like a Pro!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4490427].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author N4PGW
    Here is a free guide that might help. Click Here. It is an opt-in. I hope that is ok. I think it is what you are looking for.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4490501].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Viramara
    you can either choose to be quick but not free, or free but not so quick.

    free :
    1. guest blogging
    2. forum
    3. article marketing
    4. video
    5. viral list builder
    6. blogging

    quick :
    1. buy a solo ad
    2. ad swap (after you have a list of course)

    the no-no method :
    purchasing bulk list from shady broker
    Signature
    Those who have time and search for a better time will lose time (Sufi Proverb)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4490546].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adam Svacina
      Exactly right !

      Originally Posted by Viramara View Post

      you can either choose to be quick but not free, or free but not so quick.

      the no-no method :
      purchasing bulk list from shady broker
      Signature
      Are you tired of your e-mail address looking like this john.b._69@_yahoo.com??
      Have a look at MarvelousMail.com and you may get you personalised e-mail from 1$/month (hosting included)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4524875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stephen Lessey
    Create a great quality product first to give it free on a sales page.

    Post on forums that allow signatures- Do 15-25 post a day
    Set up accounts on different free PDF sharing sites. Link them to your list
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4527336].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jaynycla
    Originally Posted by JimFIX View Post

    Hi guys, I am thinking to start building a mailing list IM niche, any tips how to start it for free?
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks much!

    The easiest way to build a list in a niche for free is to create a very useful piece of software and have people opt in to receive it. Don't bombard them with affiliate offers be helpful and if you know a product that really can help them than promote that to your niche list.

    But yes I would say if you can code make a helpful piece of software and then you can build your list for free.
    Signature

    We must Succeed !!!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4527362].message }}

Trending Topics