11 replies
I'm looking for inexpensive Spanish translators. How do you guys find your translators?

I know there's ProZ and freelance.com, but that's way out of my league because I just want to translate some of the pages of my web site and obviously can't afford to pay a lot for that.

Anyway, I don't see much at Fiveerr, etc., so any ideas are much appreciated.
#translators
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Barboza
    I have had a Fiverr gig for this since Spanish is my frist language and I have a very good command of English. I have good testimonials there and from members of this forum as well. However, I am not taking more orders through Fiverr due to the expensive rates they charge and because I have increased my rates.

    I sent you a pm with my personal email so that we can talk about this further.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5199167].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sandra Martinez
      translators base has a system similar to elance for translations.

      I do translations as well, but not in the cheapest range. Mid range mostly.

      just a hint: when you hire a translator, make sure the person knows something about the niche in both languages and manages the niche "slang"; it will make your life easier.

      Sandra
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5199232].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Why9999
        Originally Posted by Sandra Martinez View Post

        translators base has a system similar to elance for translations.

        I do translations as well, but not in the cheapest range. Mid range mostly.

        just a hint: when you hire a translator, make sure the person knows something about the niche in both languages and manages the niche "slang"; it will make your life easier.

        Sandra
        Will do. My wife is a native speaker, so she helps me identify these sorts of issues. I found a very good translator, but, as you might expect, he's very busy.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5199932].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Sandra Martinez
          Originally Posted by Why9999 View Post

          Will do. My wife is a native speaker, so she helps me identify these sorts of issues. I found a very good translator, but, as you might expect, he's very busy.
          if you still donĀ“t have a budget for this, maybe your wife can do the translation for you to get you started.

          it all depends on the size of the job. If it is small, she might easily do it. If it is a big project you might be able to negotiate better rates with a good translator.

          Sandra
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5200747].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Why9999
            Originally Posted by Sandra Martinez View Post

            If it is a big project you might be able to negotiate better rates with a good translator.

            Sandra
            Yes, I've thought about different ways to do this - thx for the reminder.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5200761].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Warrior X
    Here's what I'd do if I wanted to translate something on the cheap.

    Step one, put the text in Google's translator
    Google Translate

    The accuracy of this tool is actually pretty impressive, but obviously there will be some errors, so...

    Step two, outsource a Spanish speaking editor. Now you're just paying for
    editing, which should be much cheaper than translating an entire website.

    Jeremy
    Signature
    #1 In WHITEBOARD VIDEOS - Great Way To Tell Your Story!
    Available Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5199361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RyanA4D
    One Hour Translation :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5199365].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Why9999
      Originally Posted by RyanA4D View Post

      One Hour Translation :-)
      Their rates are more the standard rates, which of course is perfectly acceptable as usually you get what you pay for. But my site isn't making much yet, so it's somewhat high for me. Someday I'll be able to pay standard and that will - and I'm being serious - be very nice...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5199954].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert H Cwik
    Originally Posted by Why9999 View Post

    I'm looking for inexpensive Spanish translators. How do you guys find your translators?

    I know there's ProZ and freelance.com, but that's way out of my league because I just want to translate some of the pages of my web site and obviously can't afford to pay a lot for that.

    Anyway, I don't see much at Fiveerr, etc., so any ideas are much appreciated.
    Try:

    icanlocalize.com

    Once you register, you can post your job and establish maximum price for your job, and wait for translators to appear and bid.

    onehourtranslation.com

    If you have short jobs, you can try this service. As the name says, you can have your translation done very quickly.

    Hope that helps
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5199585].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vendzilla
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5200680].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Why9999
      Originally Posted by Vendzilla View Post

      I live in LA, I just look outside and ask the first kid I see, they all speak spanish.
      I have two of those myself.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5200837].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Guru_Marketing
    There's a software called, "WhiteSmoke" where you can translate text back and forth from Spanish to other languages. But the software is not free and you need to get the executive version of it.

    Free version: Google Translate.

    If you want to hire someone to translate things to you, look in craigslist.
    Signature

    Kindle Publishers: Get Reviews and More Sales to Your Kindle Books at http://GettingPublishedFast.com/publishers/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5200767].message }}

Trending Topics