Please help me to choose product keywords on amazon

10 replies
Hi, guys
I build mini review sites for amazon for some days, however, i dont familiar with choosing keyword, especially for amazon product.
I want to promote new product on amazon, then how do i find the keyword for my product site?
I mean, i cant get info from ggkw.
I know some of you here promote new product, please help!
#amazon #choose #keywords #product
  • Profile picture of the author Lucas Becker
    Originally Posted by dylan09 View Post

    Hi, guys
    I build mini review sites for amazon for some days, however, i dont familiar with choosing keyword, especially for amazon product.
    I want to promote new product on amazon, then how do i find the keyword for my product site?
    I mean, i cant get info from ggkw.
    I know some of you here promote new product, please help!
    As for promotion of Amazon products, the newer the product is the better, because the competition will be easier to dominate. On the other hand, if you want to promote a product that has been around for years and many people already promote it, you may have a hard time competing against those sites with a history.

    There are more ways to choose fine products to promote. What you can do is you can take the names or model numbers of whatever of the products in the niche of your choice, put them in the Google keyword tool and check how much traffic they get and what CPCs are. After picking the good ones, take those and check their competition with Traffic Travis and pick the best one(s).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5283293].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dylan09
      Originally Posted by Lucas Becker View Post

      As for promotion of Amazon products, the newer the product is the better, because the competition will be easier to dominate. On the other hand, if you want to promote a product that has been around for years and many people already promote it, you may have a hard time competing against those sites with a history.

      There are more ways to choose fine products to promote. What you can do is you can take the names or model numbers of whatever of the products in the niche of your choice, put them in the Google keyword tool and check how much traffic they get and what CPCs are. After picking the good ones, take those and check their competition with Traffic Travis and pick the best one(s).
      Thanks for your replay and I already know how to choose new product and check competition with traffic travis.

      My question is that some of new product dont have enough traffic shown at google keyword tool.so I dont know which keyword can get enough traffic, especially before we can find how much traffic they can get from google keyword tool.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5283346].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dylan09
    For example the product "Canon PowerShot S95 10 MP Digital Camera with 3.8x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD"(just for example, i dont put the name into google keyword tool)
    No matter which names or model numbers i use, i cant find enough traffic from google keyword tool, how can i choose the right keyword in this situation to get enough traffic in the future?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5283366].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lucas Becker
      Originally Posted by dylan09 View Post

      For example the product "Canon PowerShot S95 10 MP Digital Camera with 3.8x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD"(just for example, i dont put the name into google keyword tool)
      No matter which names or model numbers i use, i cant find enough traffic from google keyword tool, how can i choose the right keyword in this situation to get enough traffic in the future?
      If the GKT shows no traffic for your keyword, it either means the keyword doesn't get any traffic or the product is too new to have any data. Please note that GKT traffic stats are not the most recent ones, actually, the traffic they show you is the average of last 12 months.

      So if you have a feeling there is a lot of buzz about the product and you think it's getting momentum, go for it anyway, don't rely only on the data the GKT shows you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5283381].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author gvannorman
        Originally Posted by Lucas Becker View Post

        If the GKT shows no traffic for your keyword, it either means the keyword doesn't get any traffic or the product is too new to have any data. Please note that GKT traffic stats are not the most recent ones, actually, the traffic they show you is the average of last 12 months.

        So if you have a feeling there is a lot of buzz about the product and you think it's getting momentum, go for it anyway, don't rely only on the data the GKT shows you.
        With this in mind. Is there a way of knowing the most current keyword traffic for a keyword phrase? I use Market Samurai and it uses GKT. Which is as you say here the last 12 months of data. So, does this mean that the data that is in there is outdated and in reality if we use it we are taking a chance on it being yesterdays data.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5283439].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Lucas Becker
          Originally Posted by gvannorman View Post

          With this in mind. Is there a way of knowing the most current keyword traffic for a keyword phrase? I use Market Samurai and it uses GKT. Which is as you say here the last 12 months of data. So, does this mean that the data that is in there is outdated and in reality if we use it we are taking a chance on it being yesterdays data.
          Well, it depends on other things as well. Let me bring up an example, if you want to promote a product that isn't new and has been around for a few years, for example, Xenadrine (weight loss pills which were first introduced, I think in 2005), then the data aren't really outdated, because the fact that Xenadrine is still being sold even today after almost 7 years means there is still demand and although the traffic data the GKT shows is the average of last 12 months, the difference between this traffic and the actual traffic the Xenadrine keywords get today won't be too different.

          However, if you pick a keyword that from common sense you can tell isn't going to "stick", for example, news keywords or keywords about current events, then the traffic data might be skewed. For example, there was a lot of buzz not too long ago that Drake was going to marry Nicki Minaj and these keywords such as "did Drake marry Nicki Minaj" etc. were getting a lot of traffic. Obviously these keywords are dead today, yet GKT may still show you it gets a lot of traffic, which isn't the truth today.

          To find out whether a keyword is popular today, I recommend you use Google Trends. So get your traffic data from the GKT, find keyword that are popular according to Google Trends and pick the ones that you think are the best in accordance with your common sense.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5283493].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eddie Titan
    Dylan,

    The example keyword you chose above is very long. That is not the kind of keyword you should expect a search engine viewer to type into Google.

    Originally Posted by dylan09 View Post

    Hi, guys
    I build mini review sites for amazon for some days, however, i dont familiar with choosing keyword, especially for amazon product.
    I want to promote new product on amazon, then how do i find the keyword for my product site?
    You should not bother building an amazon review website without proper niche research. This includes keyword research. How do you know if your website is going to be profitable if you do not, already, have a keyword or a number of keywords to target?

    I am not very familiar with this website. But it has been recommended by another, failry seasoned member of this forum, so you might want to check it out.
    Signature
    New Members Challenge! Join me in 2012. Set an income goal for the New Year and achieve it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5283477].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gvannorman
      Originally Posted by Eddie Titan View Post

      Dylan,

      The example keyword you chose above is very long. That is not the kind of keyword you should expect a search engine viewer to type into Google.



      You should not bother building an amazon review website without proper niche research. This includes keyword research. How do you know if your website is going to be profitable if you do not, already, have a keyword or a number of keywords to target?

      I am not very familiar with this website. But it has been recommended by another, failry seasoned member of this forum, so you might want to check it out.

      I actually like the 30 day challenge. It is a great way to learn IM and they even walk you through making your first $1 online. That is the only goal they have though.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5283517].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author david carr
    try the keyword research training here:

    Noble Samurai - Dojo

    Regards
    Dave
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5283596].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author feliciayapsl
    For new products, there are usually not much data on GKWT. You can search for the previous model of the product for a rough gauge.

    For example: Canon X101 (just example) just came out. You can do keyword research for its previous model Canon X100. If there are searches for the old model, chances are the new camera is likely to get searches too.

    Hope this helps.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5283654].message }}

Trending Topics