Drilling for $$$ in your local market.
NOTE: This is not for everyone you need to have:
- Interpersonal Skills,
- Relationship Building Skills
- Sales Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Experience with Internet Marketing and Producing Results
- Comfortable Speaking to Large Crowds.
....and it does not matter if you are a Licensed Contractor, Real Estate Investor or Developer.
Brief intro here.....as other threads point out there are several Organizations that are looking for speakers, will book your audience for free and put $$$ into your pockets.
One of these organizations are The Board of REALTORS.
Agencies spend THOUSANDS of dollars PER WEEK on convential advertising. And 7 out of 10 of them DO NOT utilize the Internet, Social Media and Proper Lead Capture. This is astounding considering that over 80% of buyers conduct their searches on the net first.
They Conduct Monthly Luncheons in which they have Keynote speakers come in. The nice thing about Realtors is that when you are speaking to a group of them...all competing in the same market...they will be fighting over your services at the end.
This is powerful. Why....because after you lay out the ground work of how they can position themselves ahead of their competition, save money, increase their database and increase their chances of getting listings (thats the name of the game) making more sales...especially in todays economy...they will be doing what they can to ensure you work for them...not the others. You can charge premiums.
Here is some social proof if you need it in which Realtors have endorsed me
LinkedIn: Relationships Matter
Furthermore, They are some of the most connected Individuals offline. They have relationships with Banks, Lawyers, Insurance Agents, Moving Companies, Investors, Flooring Companies, Builders, Developers, Home Inspectors, Surveyors, Appraisers and many more. You know what this means dont you? Dig a Cash Well with Realtors, do a good job, ask for referrals and you will be busy for months.
One more thing....Presentations like this Are limited to 20-40 Minutes. So you do not have to worry about giving an hour or 2 hour presentation.
This is great becuase you get out just enough information to get them all thinking and then you are done....they have no choice but to grab you after the meeting for more information...this is where you set your appoitments and let them know you would love to discuss your services more!
The stipulation with the Board is that you can not be in direct Competition with any other members (this is rarely the case) there are a few other stipulations but a simple lunch with the president will cover those.
To get started, contact your "Local Board of Realtors". Simply type in "Your City" -Board of Realtors. Get the Presidents Name.
YOUR OBJCTIVE: A Preliminary Lunch Appoitment with the President.
Call the President.
Introduce yourself, and let them know that you understand that they frequently have speakers who offer strategies that can assist them with their business.
Explain that you are a Integrated Marketing Specialist and that you would like to do a presentation that will help Agencies and Agents with their Marketing Efforts online. Pick out some things from the below outline as talking points. Keep it brief with the intitial phone call. YOU ARE NOT TRYING TO SELL ANYTHING THROUGHOUT THIS PROCESS>
And then say something like...I would like to take you out to lunch one day this week and discuss this further....set a lunch date.
During your lunch....keep it informal....Ask about the market, What are the price ranges that homes are selling for etc...then lead into what you do.
Again, you need to have knowledge about what you are talking about.
During the lunch, if you have presented this right you will be welcomed with Open Arms for the next available luncheon. The President will need to get approval from the board....but because you just had a great lunch, established raport and started building a great relationship....this should not be an issue. Indicate that you will send over an outline of what you will be discussing within the next day.
Then Send them this......
I have been using This is the Exact Outline for years giving presentations and key note presentations around my tri-state area...and raking in the $$$$. I have another one coming up this April.
ZERO Cost or Low Cost Integrated Marketing that Increases your Unique Selling Position ,
Morgantown Board of REALTORS -April Luncheon
Speaker-Sean McAlister -Consultant- Integrated Marketing / Search Engine Optimization / Direct Response Expert and Licensed General Contractor, Real Estate Investor, Developer.
Prepared for --President Name
Morgantown, WV 26505
Brief explanation of Background and a series of questions to warm up Audience. Discussion
on Buyer Characteristics and Internet Search Trends (Statistical Data)
.--( 5 Minutes )
- How many agencies have Websites?
- How many spent thousands of Dollars and are not seeing the results they are hoping for?
- How many track visitor rates / retention rates / attrition rates?
- How many have some form of Lead Capture on Home Page?
- Why You must Integrate Your online Presence with Your Offline Efforts and how to Effectively Accomplish this.
Part One: Fundamentals (10 Minutes)
- Explanation of the Fundamentals of Internet Marketing / Email Marketing and the Importance of Positioning yourself where your Target Audience is.
- What Keyword Research is, What is "Effective Search Engine Optimization" why it is so important and keeping your Agency off the First Page of Google.
- Using The Keywords People are Searching for in your Headlines vs What you think they are searching for.
- The importance of "Properly Labeling" the photographs you upload and how this one simple step will dramatically effect your positioning.
Part Two: The Power of Social Media Marketing (10 Minutes)
- What Social Media Marketing is, Why it is so important, How it helps your SERP Rankings and will propel you ahead of your competition.
- Getting over the stigma of having your Personal Photographs on the Net and how it is no different than what you are currently doing.
- How to Host a video "Parade of Homes" or "Showcase of Homes" on a weekly or Monthly for FREE using Information you already have and incorporating them with Online Marketing Vehicles. This is Powerful...and one of many strategies you can have in your arsenal.
Part Three: The Importance of Lead Capturing / Integrating Everything / Producing Measurable Results (10 Minutes)
- What effective "Lead Capturing" and "Email Marketing" is, why you are leaving listings on the table, losing the competitive edge and wasting money on conventional advertising.
- How adding one simple piece of code to your website will create a database of hundreds of potential buyers and sellers.
- How you can build Solid Relationships with Hundreds of people with the click of a button.
- How to Sky Rocket your Open House Attendances with the click of a button.
- How to increase your exposure and Value Added Positioning with Effective Follow Up.
- Keep your buyers and sellers updated with Real Time Listings delivered right to their inbox....sure you are doing this now....but how effective is it?
-Simple Ways to monetize your existing website without intrusive advertising.
-The power of newsletters, the ease of putting them together and why your list will love you for them.
-Outside of the box thinking with Incentives.
At no time during this presentation or throughout this process are you selling anything. You are simply offering your expertise with Online Marketing Methods. This will WOW the crowd and have people begging you to help them.
There are several services you can charge for....putting together the Video Showcase for them, Charging to take some quick videos of houses
(hint....ask when the next Realtor Tour is and tag along...this will give you access to many, many homes). Take some quick videos and then use them for the video showcase. This can all be in your monthly fees.
Hope this gets some of you thinking and sparks some more business for you. There are many, many more options here especially with tapping into their connections....very powerful.
And of course the above outline can be tweaked and tailored for almost any presentation you will be giving.